Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM  
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2231091
Why people laugh at Creationists

Taking a lead from Killer Clown I thought I'd create a alternative thread to post some videos I like...

[EDIT New video here]

So on with the show:

Here's the Kent Hovind Theory:



"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Last edited by Dave Lane; 01-08-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Posts: 23,523
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #166
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2231091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
So, essentially, your argument is: Jesus was in the religious minority in his lifetime; therefore, Jesus would be in every minority opinion, including scientific opinions, in our lifetime.
His argument isn't a hypothesis, it isn't a theory, it isn't really even a cogent thought.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 23,523
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #167
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2231091
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
Yes I have seen both.
By the way I did watch these both. So is their hypothesis that the universe is made of electricity and hence connected?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 23,523
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #168
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $11142616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
So, essentially, your argument is: Jesus was in the religious minority in his lifetime; therefore, Jesus would be in every minority opinion, including scientific opinions, in our lifetime.

Now keep that logic in mind. I would appreciate if you could imagine yourself going back in time to 1820. You gather together a group of people that form "the consensus." You tell them about evolution. What is their reaction? They of course will think you're out of your mind. "Of course we didn't evolve from a species resembling the Ape! How dare you!" You respond with the same logic you use today: "Jesus always went with the consensus, he completely agreed with the Pharisees, Sadducees and other hypocrites. /herp dee derps!" In other words, you imply that Jesus, who was in the religious minority in his lifetime, would be in every minority opinion, including scientific opinions, in the present lifetime. Or . . . Jesus would reject the consensus of 1820, and presumably agree with your minority opinion [affirming] evolution.

I hope you can see why that logic is completely unworkable. And I hope you can respond in a manner that doesn't suggest you fear that your faith is too immature to deal with rationality and reasonableness.
Hahaha, mankind is totally fallible see history for reference. In 100 years evolution will be laughed at.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,192
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #169
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $11142616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
By the way I did watch these both. So is their hypothesis that the universe is made of electricity and hence connected?
Yes.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,192
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #170
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $50809
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
Hahaha, mankind is totally fallible see history for reference. In 100 years evolution will be laughed at.
It's true that mankind is fallible. For example, for thousands of years, educated people would never have dreamed up that humans evolved from a common ancestor as apes. But it turns out, after thorough investigation of the evidence, we can safely say that humans did.

Evolution might be laughed at 100 years from now, but hopefully only because our scientific understanding of biology has only become more precise and deeper, and not because the science classroom has been hijacked by religious fundamentalists who refuse to allow actual science to shape the curriculum.

If mankind is "totally fallible," in your ideal world, would there be any schools? Or would there just be Christian* religious schools in our society?



* Presumably, only your brand of Christianity.

Last edited by La literatura; 10-01-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #171
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
It's true that mankind is fallible. For example, for thousands of years, educated people would never have dreamed up that humans evolved from a common ancestor as apes. But it turns out, after thorough investigation of the evidence, we can safely say that humans did.

Evolution might be laughed at 100 years from now, but hopefully only because our scientific understanding of biology has only become more precise and understanding, and not because the science classroom has been hijacked by religious fundamentalists who refuse to allow actual science to shape the curriculum.

If mankind is "totally fallible," in your ideal world, would there be any schools? Or would there just be Christian* religious schools in our society?



* Presumably, only your brand of Christianity.
This is an excellent post~
__________________

"If itís true that our species is alone in the universe, then Iíd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #172
ReynardMuldrake ReynardMuldrake is offline
2 Legit 2 Colquitt
 
ReynardMuldrake's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Casino cash: $60239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Evolution isn't the pope's idea or his teaching (though it's certainly an acceptable idea/conclusion to Catholics and the Catholic hierarchy). It's the consensus among scientists who study and have expertise in biology.

Your problem is more with species evolving so much that a diversification essentially creates another species correct? You don't deny that species can change to some degree, I take it.
KC doesn't believe new species can be created at all. By his definition, even new populations that no longer have the ability to reproduce are still considered the same species.
__________________

"Letís be honest, the Big 12 is better than the SEC."
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...s-poy-ballot-3
Posts: 3,167
ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.ReynardMuldrake threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #173
Brainiac Brainiac is online now
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $56847
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
In 100 years evolution will be laughed at.
I certainly hope you're wrong about that, because it would mean that the creationists have succeeded in bringing about the new Dark Ages.
Posts: 4,159
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #174
Brainiac Brainiac is online now
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $56847
I don't remember if this video has already been posted in this thread, but if it has, it deserves repeating.

The Islamic countries abruptly stopped being the world's scientific leaders because of a change in their way of thinking about the natural world: Revelation replaced investigation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMifWU5ucU
Posts: 4,159
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #175
Brainiac Brainiac is online now
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $56847
Oh wait, I forgot, this is different, because Christianity is the RIGHT religion and the other religions are the WRONG religions.
Posts: 4,159
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #176
Chief Faithful Chief Faithful is offline
Predicting Chiefs Victory
 
Chief Faithful's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $41908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Your problem is more with species evolving so much that a diversification essentially creates another species correct? You don't deny that species can change to some degree, I take it.
As a educated Christian my issue is with creation of new species. There are a number of on-going experiments that show built into DNA is the ability to evolve to the environment.

The one I find most interesting is an experiment on-going in Russia with foxes to evolve a breed of domestic dogs. Results are showing that the ability to evolve is actually part of our DNA. Within just 3 generations they are seeing foxes actually change nature and appearance. For example, wild foxes of a single breed creating tame dogs with new physical characteristics such as spots, short tails, flopping ears, longer and shorter leggs. It is easy to see this kind of evolution is taking place in nature all the time and it happens relatively fast. From results of these experiments I see no conflict between scientific results and creationist beliefs.
Posts: 4,267
Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #177
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2231091


Killer clown in the witness seat, CP cross examining.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 23,523
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #178
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $11142616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake View Post
KC doesn't believe new species can be created at all. By his definition, even new populations that no longer have the ability to reproduce are still considered the same species.
Define species? or are you just trying to twist my words?
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,192
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #179
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $11142616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Oh wait, I forgot, this is different, because Christianity is the RIGHT religion and the other religions are the WRONG religions.
It is my Belief, just as yours is Evolution and neither should be taught in public schools.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,192
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #180
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $11142616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I certainly hope you're wrong about that, because it would mean that the creationists have succeeded in bringing about the new Dark Ages.
Or that a new fad will indeed be upon us, which by judging our history is about 99.999999% sure to happen.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,192
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.