Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 AM  
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180578
Do you want to see Miguel Cabrera win MLBs Triple Crown?

Could be the first Triple Crown since 1967


Ironically, the Royals will have a say in the race, since he plays against them the last 3 games.

Discuss....


http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/spo...race-heats-up/



Miguel Cabrera is slowly inching towards achieving the first Triple Crown since 1967.

With a line drive home run in the eighth inning against Minnesota on Saturday night, Cabrera moved into a tie with Texas star Josh Hamilton for the AL lead.

Cabrera's blast in the eighth inning off Casey Fien was his 43rd home run for the year. He also leads the AL in batting average (.327) and RBIs (136) as he looks to become the first player since 1967 to lead the league in all three categories.

"It's unbelievable what he's done this year," pitcher Justin Verlander said, the reigning AL MVP who was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with the message "Keep the MVP in the D" and Cabrera's name on the front.

"It's amazing to me how he keeps getting better. He's already the best hitter in the game and he keeps taking it to another level."

While it was Cabrera and his home run that gave the Tigers the five-run cushion they would end up needing in a 6-4 victory over the Twins that gave them a two-game lead in the AL Central, the Triple Crown hopeful deferred the attention away from himself.


It's unbelievable what he's done this year.- Justin Verlander


"I want to talk about the team," Cabrera said respectfully. "There's too many distractions right now and been talking too much about triple crowns. I pull too much attention. I don't want to do that. I want to go out there and play my game."

Cabrera entered the day leading Joe Mauer by five points in the batting race, Hamilton by eight in the RBI race, but trailing Hamilton by one in homers.

So will he be watching Hamilton down the stretch?

"I'll let you guys keep Hamilton in your eyes," Cabrera said. "I'll go to the hotel and get some breakfast tomorrow and try to win tomorrow."

The bigger prize, of course, is the division title. Neither the Tigers nor the Sox will qualify for one of two wild cards in the American League, so their only way in is through the division door.

"The last couple weeks, there's too much attention right now," Cabrera said of the triple crown. "I don't like too much of that stuff. But it's always good. You've got to feel comfortable with that. You've got to feel positive and be ready to play."
Posts: 49,376
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
Brainiac Brainiac is offline
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $57722
I've heard Jeff Passan pimping Mike Trout for the MVP a couple of times this year. I respect his knowledge as a baseball writer, but I disagree with him. Trout is certainly an exciting player, and he may just be the best player in the game. I know that if I were starting a team Trout would be my #1 pick, and it's not even close. But the fact is that Cabrera put up even better numbers than Trout did this season. Many voters base their votes upon whose team won something. Well, the fact is that the Tigers won their division,and Angels couldn't even win a wildcard spot. Passan can talk all he wants about how Trout was in the minor leagues for 3 weeks and how bad the Angels were without him. But you don't give a guy the MVP for that. By that logic, Peyton Manning would have been MVP last year.

I've also seen the argument that Trout hit 30 home runs and stole 47 bases, and that combination is even rarer than winning the Triple Crown, and therefore Trout should be MVP. OK, fine. You can combine whatever stats you want to make any argument you want. I remember late in George Brett's career when KC baseball writers were constantly combining about half a dozen different stats, and the would always wind up concluding that George Brett was right up there with Babe Ruth and Willie Mays. It was bogus.

I guess I'm a traditionalist. The Poindexters of the world can point to their nerdy stats like WAR and UZR all they want. All that shows is that they have WAY too much time on their hands, and they probably never actually played the game when they were young because they were too busy getting beat up by the cool kids.

Anybody that wins the Triple Crown should be MVP. Period. I've never really cared one way or the other about Miguel Cabrera, whereas I often turn on the Angels games just to see Mike Trout bat. But you've got to give Cabrera his due. Right now he's leading in all 3 triple crown categories. He is the MVP even if Josh Hamilton hits a couple of dingers tomorrow. He's had a historic season.
Posts: 4,216
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $992727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I've heard Jeff Passan pimping Mike Trout for the MVP a couple of times this year. I respect his knowledge as a baseball writer, but I disagree with him. Trout is certainly an exciting player, and he may just be the best player in the game. I know that if I were starting a team Trout would be my #1 pick, and it's not even close. But the fact is that Cabrera put up even better numbers than Trout did this season. Many voters base their votes upon whose team won something. Well, the fact is that the Tigers won their division,and Angels couldn't even win a wildcard spot. Passan can talk all he wants about how Trout was in the minor leagues for 3 weeks and how bad the Angels were without him. But you don't give a guy the MVP for that. By that logic, Peyton Manning would have been MVP last year.

I've also seen the argument that Trout hit 30 home runs and stole 47 bases, and that combination is even rarer than winning the Triple Crown, and therefore Trout should be MVP. OK, fine. You can combine whatever stats you want to make any argument you want. I remember late in George Brett's career when KC baseball writers were constantly combining about half a dozen different stats, and the would always wind up concluding that George Brett was right up there with Babe Ruth and Willie Mays. It was bogus.

I guess I'm a traditionalist. The Poindexters of the world can point to their nerdy stats like WAR and UZR all they want. All that shows is that they have WAY too much time on their hands, and they probably never actually played the game when they were young because they were too busy getting beat up by the cool kids.

Anybody that wins the Triple Crown should be MVP. Period. I've never really cared one way or the other about Miguel Cabrera, whereas I often turn on the Angels games just to see Mike Trout bat. But you've got to give Cabrera his due. Right now he's leading in all 3 triple crown categories. He is the MVP even if Josh Hamilton hits a couple of dingers tomorrow. He's had a historic season.
You're really bad at being smart. That penultimate paragraph is atrocious, dude. Does it irritate you that whatever MLB franchise you're a fan of is run by these guys who were getting beat up or whatever juvenile shit you can imagine? The sabermetric community being talked about as if they don't understand the game is such a tired cliche, proven incorrect ten thousand times over.

The Angels are 2 games better than the Tigers, and the Angles played a much more difficult schedule to boot.

It's ridiculous to me that Cabrera is going to win this MVP award because of goddamned ribbies.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,526
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #33
Brainiac Brainiac is offline
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $57722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
You're really bad at being smart. That penultimate paragraph is atrocious, dude. Does it irritate you that whatever MLB franchise you're a fan of is run by these guys who were getting beat up or whatever juvenile shit you can imagine? The sabermetric community being talked about as if they don't understand the game is such a tired cliche, proven incorrect ten thousand times over.

The Angels are 2 games better than the Tigers, and the Angles played a much more difficult schedule to boot.

It's ridiculous to me that Cabrera is going to win this MVP award because of goddamned ribbies.
You're right. Stolen bases and spectacular defense are much more important than actually driving in runs.
Posts: 4,216
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $992727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
You're right. Stolen bases and spectacular defense are much more important than actually driving in runs.
Yes. Saving runs yourself and creating runs yourself is vastly more important than you getting credit for the work of those ahead of you in the lineup.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,526
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
Al Bundy Al Bundy is online now
Damnit Peg
 
Al Bundy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $121126
Dayton Moore should be sitting in the Royals dugout watching the Tigers celebrate
__________________
Posts: 13,306
Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #36
Consistent1 Consistent1 is offline
_____________
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Casino cash: $7719
Both with big nights, Miggy taking back the HR lead for now. Very interesting. Look at Fielder and Cabrera combined. That was a move that worked out pretty damn well.
Posts: 3,096
Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #37
Brainiac Brainiac is offline
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $57722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Yes. Saving runs yourself and creating runs yourself is vastly more important than you getting credit for the work of those ahead of you in the lineup.
I get tired of hearing people say RBIs don't count or that they're not important, or that they're just the product of being in a good lineup with runners on base in front of you. Baseball is a team game. If you're going to dismiss RBIs simply because somebody else has to get on base in front of the hitter, then you also have to dismiss runs scored because somebody had to drive the runner in. While you're at it, you have to dismiss stolen bases because by itself a stolen base doesn't lead to a run. And as long as we are arbitrarily dismissing things, we might as well dismiss the great plays in center field that rob the opposing teams of home runs, because they don't directly lead to runs for the player's team, and you can't win games without scoring runs.

See how ridiculous that is?

Now that you've dismissed all of the statistics that require help from another player in order for a run to score, the only stat you're left with is home runs.

Who's leading the league in home runs again? Oh yeah, it's Miguel Cabrera.

Hey, I get it. Mike Trout is an exciting player, and he had a historically great rookie season. He's a 5-tool player with a combination of speed and power reserved for the all-time greats like Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays. About a month ago I assumed Mike Trout would be MVP, and there was no doubt in my mind he deserved it.

However, Miguel Cabrera put on a hell of a charge at the end of the season when it mattered the most. It's just Mike Trout's bad luck that he had his great rookie season the same year somebody else won the Triple Freaking Crown. When somebody wins the Triple Crown and his team wins their division, there's no way in hell you can award the MVP to someone whose team finished out of the playoffs. Mike Trout is a close #2 choice, but he's still #2.

If Mike Trout wins the MVP award, they should change the name of the award to Most Popular Player.

Last edited by Brainiac; 10-02-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Posts: 4,216
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #38
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180578
Jut compared their stats. Trout and Cabrera. The only thing Trout has over Cabrera is speed. Stolen bases and triples...

Cabrera leads in hits, .avg, HRs, doubles, slugging pct, OBP...

Trout has 30 HRs and only 83 RBIs? Does he hit alot of HRs with no one on base??
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,376
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #39
Brainiac Brainiac is offline
Veteran
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $57722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Jut compared their stats. Trout and Cabrera. The only thing Trout has over Cabrera is speed. Stolen bases and triples...

Cabrera leads in hits, .avg, HRs, doubles, slugging pct, OBP...

Trout has 30 HRs and only 83 RBIs? Does he hit alot of HRs with no one on base??
Perhaps that is why the people in the Trout camp are so quick to dismiss the importance of RBIs. Because that's the one part of his game that's really not very good.
Posts: 4,216
Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Brainiac is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Perhaps that is why the people in the Trout camp are so quick to dismiss the importance of RBIs. Because that's the one part of his game that's really not very good.
He bats leadoff? Leadoff hitters typically dont get the RBI opportunities that guys batting 3-5 get obviously....

but either way, i dont see how you cant give MVP to Cabrera? Dudes had a dream season.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,376
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
MoreLemonPledge MoreLemonPledge is offline
M-I-Z S-E-C
 
MoreLemonPledge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Casino cash: $1580202
The only Triple Crown he's getting is one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
__________________
Posts: 6,038
MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #42
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1068105
Isn't the Triple Crown an offensive accomplishment? Isn't MVP an all around award? Best Player award?

Trout wold have 100 RBIs if he played all season. He'd probably be in the 35 hr area if he played all season, and imagine his stolen bases and other stats if he began the season in the Majors.

He easily has stolen 4 hrs this season. Two of them are going to make it in the top ten plays of the year, one of them more than likely the top play of the year. He has been by far the better overall player, and as far as with the bat, barely behind Miggy who is a clean up guy, not a lead off guy. So, 80+RBIs 50 SB, 30HR and killer slugging% number OBP numbers for a lead off guy means nothing because a guy who hits 3-4 has more RBIs?

I hope Miggy gets the Triple Crown too, but to say he deserves MVP because of an offensive accomplishment when he is a far weaker player than Trout in everything else, is short sighted.

Oh, and getting the triple Crown doesn't immiately make you MVP, at least not in the past.
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,973
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #43
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1068105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Perhaps that is why the people in the Trout camp are so quick to dismiss the importance of RBIs. Because that's the one part of his game that's really not very good.

Dude, he hits n the lead off spot. You know, talesetter, run scorer?
And he has murdered in that position plus it 80+RBIs and 30HR. What a ricilous thing you just said..
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,973
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #44
MIAdragon MIAdragon is offline
Someone pass the antifreeze
 
MIAdragon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Miami (North Cuba)
Casino cash: $79182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Jut compared their stats. Trout and Cabrera. The only thing Trout has over Cabrera is speed. Stolen bases and triples...

Cabrera leads in hits, .avg, HRs, doubles, slugging pct, OBP...

Trout has 30 HRs and only 83 RBIs? Does he hit alot of HRs with no one on base??
Sure lets totally over look the other HALF of the game, defense. Trout is so far ahead of Miggy in that aspect of the game its not even close. Add in, again, how much better Trout is on the base path IMO Trout is more deserving of the MVP. To answer your RBI question, Trout has hit lead off in all but ONE AB this season so yea he's hitting with fewer people on base.
__________________
Posts: 12,618
MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.MIAdragon has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #45
pimpchief pimpchief is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Casino cash: $1863
I don't want to see it. it has never been done in my lifetime, and I want to see a royal do it first.
Posts: 351
pimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Casselpimpchief < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.