Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM  
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $298421
***OFFICIAL VP DEBATE THREAD***

A little early but I was just sitting in the park this afternoon when a small group of runner's came by me and it was Ryan running along the waters edge. They were running a pretty damn good clip. A quick pace for a jog that's for sure.

WTF is he doing his debate prep in St. Pete?

On Saturday night Romney held a big rally about 1/2 mile from my house and right across from where Ryan was running.
Posts: 42,329
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #646
stonedstooge stonedstooge is offline
Arf! Arf! Arf!
 
stonedstooge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North
Casino cash: $416828
Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
But but but alnorth says that doesn't matter!!!!!!!!
__________________
2013 ADOPT A CHIEF
Eric Kush




"Often is a word I seldom use"--JP
Posts: 19,237
stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #647
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979620
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Biden's antics didn't bother me with the exception of one stretch late in the debate where he was interrupting almost every sentence Ryan uttered. Overall, I might have given a slight edge to Biden if it hadn't been for Ryan's dominating closing sequence (both his last answer and his closing statement). As far as I'm concerned, it was close enough to a draw that there's not much point in saying one guy was the winner.
Heck, the thing I liked least about Ryan's performance tonight was his closing statement, that was overly memorized, dry, and primed for a 2 A.M. infomercial. (I may be a harsh judge, I debated for four years in high school.)

I agree with your conclusion, however, for all intents and purposes, this one was a tie.
Posts: 4,759
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #648
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 
Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion
Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $763
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Well there are a couple of things that jump out at me with your statement: 1) your wife has lived with you her whole life?
2)I don't know you so how can I take your word for it?



On the way Biden carried himself: First Obama seemed weak in the first debate, almost bullied, and took flack for it. Do you feel Biden appeared weak or disinterested? I did not.
LOL....she has been with me all of her MARRIED life. Sorry a Romney/Biden moment.

Not many people here truly know me...so I guess you have a point.

As for your second paragraph....Obama was weak and had no real answers. Romney wasn't rude and belligerent to Obama in the same manner that Biden was to Ryan. Too many times he never let Ryan finish his point, which made him look rude and condescending. That turns people off....
Posts: 8,520
Mosbonian has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #649
LiveSteam LiveSteam is online now
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $76989
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
almost bullied,
Looking stupid & looking at your 1000 dollar shoes all night = being bullied
Posts: 16,622
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #650
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1207576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Kind of how I felt.

Women didn't like it, and Romney already has the men...
Good thing we're expecting a record high turnout in transexuals.
__________________
Posts: 43,489
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #651
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 
Moon Lander Champion Skeet Shoot Champion
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $12397470
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedstooge View Post
But but but alnorth says that doesn't matter!!!!!!!!
Oh, quit your whining and crying, your boy is going down.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 25,422
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #652
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 
Moon Lander Champion Skeet Shoot Champion
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $12397470
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I agree with AustinChief that the format for the first debate was superior and that Lehrer did a fine job. I liked the way the candidates challenged each other and had the opportunity to respond to those challenges better than the way Martha Raddatz essentially interviewed the two men and limited their ability to challenge and rebut each other.
Lehrer was pathetic.

The ONLY reason to like Lehrer is fond memories that Romney kicked Obama's ass while Lehrer rambled on unnoticed, THATS IT. Lehrer was freaking irrelevant as a moderator, liking him is similar to having fond memories of the breakfast you ate that morning as a Romney supporter because Lehrer was utterly irrelevant in the debate.

The only thing Lehrer did, was basically say "ok, on your mark, get set.... go" then nothing. Utterly, completely nothing for 90 full minutes. Lehrer was utterly, pathetically, sadly, WORTHLESS.

Lehrer completely failed as a moderator in that he allowed both candidates to give bland no-detail no-substance speeches that were meant to be everything to everyone. If you were a low-information voter with little interest in politics I guess it might have been interesting, but for anyone who actually pays attention to debates that first debate was a total abortion.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 25,422
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #653
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $1700721
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
Lehrer was pathetic.

The ONLY reason to like Lehrer is fond memories that Romney kicked Obama's ass while Lehrer rambled on unnoticed, THATS IT. Lehrer was freaking irrelevant as a moderator, liking him is similar to having fond memories of the breakfast you ate that morning as a Romney supporter because Lehrer was utterly irrelevant in the debate.

The only thing Lehrer did, was basically say "ok, on your mark, get set.... go" then nothing. Utterly, completely nothing for 90 full minutes. Lehrer was utterly, pathetically, sadly, WORTHLESS.

Lehrer completely failed as a moderator in that he allowed both candidates to give bland no-detail no-substance speeches that were meant to be everything to everyone. If you were a low-information voter with little interest in politics I guess it might have been interesting, but for anyone who actually pays attention to debates that first debate was a total abortion.
Except that I would wager I have as much if not more debate experience than anyone on this board and you are just plain wrong.

What you are basically saying is that you liked the replacement refs. You like it when the game is decided by a third party and not the people involved. You don't like it when the "referee" stays out of the way as much as possible and let's the players play. I'm sure that is fine in WWE or other fake entertainment sports, but in politics just like in the NFL, it is a distraction.

Lehrer maintained control, kept things on topic and WAS NEARLY INVISIBLE... which is what a moderator SHOULD BE.

I get it.. you want the ref to rip off his shirt and throw a chair in the ring.. that's fine...that's fun and entertaining, but it's not constructive.
Posts: 14,282
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #654
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $472389
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
Lehrer was pathetic.

The ONLY reason to like Lehrer is fond memories that Romney kicked Obama's ass while Lehrer rambled on unnoticed, THATS IT. Lehrer was freaking irrelevant as a moderator, liking him is similar to having fond memories of the breakfast you ate that morning as a Romney supporter because Lehrer was utterly irrelevant in the debate.

The only thing Lehrer did, was basically say "ok, on your mark, get set.... go" then nothing. Utterly, completely nothing for 90 full minutes. Lehrer was utterly, pathetically, sadly, WORTHLESS.

Lehrer completely failed as a moderator in that he allowed both candidates to give bland no-detail no-substance speeches that were meant to be everything to everyone. If you were a low-information voter with little interest in politics I guess it might have been interesting, but for anyone who actually pays attention to debates that first debate was a total abortion.
No, sorry, you're wrong. It has nothing to do with Romney smoking your guy. The reason to like what Lehrer did is that he didn't feel an overwhelming urge to make himself a part of the show. He let both men have their run. That might not have worked if either of the men were trying to bully the other by interrupting (neither really did) or by filibustering (Obama got long-winded a time or two, but he was quick to wrap things up with only slight prompting from Lehrer so again Lehrer didn't need to become too intrusive).

Lehrer's passive technique wouldn't have worked so well tonight because of Biden's aggressive approach, but I doubt that Lehrer would have been as passive if he'd been handling tonight's debate. I thought Raddatz was a little too aggressive in cutting both men off tonight, but she wasn't terrible. I didn't like the dual interview format tonight as much as the more topic oriented back-and-forth of the first POTUS debate either.

BTW, I'd much rather have the candidates force each other to provide substance and specifics than the moderator. If the moderator does it, it inevitably introduces the biases of the moderator no matter how even handed he/she tries to be (much like what fact-checking has become).
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,584
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #655
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $472389
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Except that I would wager I have as much if not more debate experience than anyone on this board and you are just plain wrong.

What you are basically saying is that you liked the replacement refs. You like it when the game is decided by a third party and not the people involved. You don't like it when the "referee" stays out of the way as much as possible and let's the players play. I'm sure that is fine in WWE or other fake entertainment sports, but in politics just like in the NFL, it is a distraction.

Lehrer maintained control, kept things on topic and WAS NEARLY INVISIBLE... which is what a moderator SHOULD BE.

I get it.. you want the ref to rip off his shirt and throw a chair in the ring.. that's fine...that's fun and entertaining, but it's not constructive.
Hear, hear.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,584
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #656
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1207576
The primary reason Lehrer was terrible was because it was an unorganized cluster****.

This debate was snapped down and controlled pretty well by Raddatz last night. To say nothing of the fact that alnorth is correct when he says Lehrer's tactic was to pretty much just sound off a starting gun. Raddatz asked genuinely fascinating questions.
__________________
Posts: 43,489
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #657
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $472389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
The primary reason Lehrer was terrible was because it was an unorganized cluster****.

This debate was snapped down and controlled pretty well by Raddatz last night. To say nothing of the fact that alnorth is correct when he says Lehrer's tactic was to pretty much just sound off a starting gun. Raddatz asked genuinely fascinating questions.
You know how I can tell that you're still hurting from Romney's beatdown of your guy?

Everything you said above is wrong.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,584
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #658
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $953507
Posts: 18,677
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #659
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $185975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
The primary reason Lehrer was terrible was because it was an unorganized cluster****.

This debate was snapped down and controlled pretty well by Raddatz last night. To say nothing of the fact that alnorth is correct when he says Lehrer's tactic was to pretty much just sound off a starting gun. Raddatz asked genuinely fascinating questions.
Yes, the abortion question was particularly fascinating and topical. I'm glad she asked that instead of about the troops being sent to Jordan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #660
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $185975
If Raddatz was so much better than Lehrer, why was Biden stepping all over Ryan (the count I saw showed over 80 interruptions by Biden) in this debate?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.