Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM  
chasedude chasedude is offline
Supporter
 
chasedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Joe
Casino cash: $2565643
Guild Wars 2 updates

Thread update for Info

Official Release date Aug 28th.

Those who pre-purchased allowed a headstart Aug 25th Midnight (PST) and maybe hours sooner.

Game info:
http://www.guildwars2.com
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fansite BB:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/

Crafting Guide:
http://gaiscioch.com/tavern/guildwar...ost_35198.html
People New to this Thread:
CP Players are unofficially picking Yak's Bend as our homeserver and maybe eventually setting up our own guild.

I'll add player names to this OP if others don't object upon release.

chasedude = Reigning in Blood /Necro ---- Mesmerizing Flash / Mesmer
pr_capone = Mephistopheles Janx
Valiant = codissius
David = arktik
Pants = Tyterion Selmy
hometeam = FALX

Last edited by chasedude; 08-25-2012 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Launch info
Posts: 36,278
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #361
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 
Winter Bells Champion
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1374096
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedude View Post
Going SS on HD so I need 6GB throughput and a reliable QUIET PSU is a must. Ok, gonna pick your brain further, which GPU chipset you prefer, AMD or NVIDIA?
Well, NVIDIA has their proprietary PhysX engine but I don't know how big of a deal that is to you. Personally, I prefer AMD because it's better bang for the buck. But if you're really interested, just check out the charts on tomshardware. They got everything listed, man.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,921
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #362
chasedude chasedude is offline
Supporter
 
chasedude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Joe
Casino cash: $2565643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Well, NVIDIA has their proprietary PhysX engine but I don't know how big of a deal that is to you. Personally, I prefer AMD because it's better bang for the buck. But if you're really interested, just check out the charts on tomshardware. They got everything listed, man.
I'll compare notes on that site, thx
Posts: 36,278
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #363
jspchief jspchief is offline
BAMF
 
jspchief's Avatar
 
501 Darts Version 2 Champion
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Your Face
Casino cash: $59732
Will second the recommendation for the i5-2500k. Built mine last year and very happy with it.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.
Posts: 23,961
jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.jspchief wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #364
Rexx Rexx is offline
Seeing Red!
 
Rexx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NM, USA
Casino cash: $14507
I've got a level 26 Ranger, have fallen way behind in my crafting (leatherworking and jeweler). If anyone has any items they would be willing to part with, I'd be forever thankful.
Posts: 155
Rexx is disappoint.Rexx is disappoint.Rexx is disappoint.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #365
Sofa King Sofa King is offline
Is winter over yet?
 
Sofa King's Avatar
 
Archery 2000 Champion Castlevania Champion Darten Champion Darts Beginning - 501 Champion Hexxagon Champion
Penguin Bashing Champion Super Mario World Flash Champion X-Training Champion Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Dakota
Casino cash: $242936783
So is this game worth a shit?
Posts: 18,748
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #366
Stanley Nickels Stanley Nickels is offline
Turkey can never beat cow.
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Casino cash: $255874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
So is this game worth a shit?
My personality is one of "all-or-nothing", and I'll usually play most games obsessively for a while before really growing tired of them and moving on. GW2, however, has been pretty consistently fun for me since its launch date. I think there are a few things working in its favor:
1) Much like WoW, the world is so huge and interactive, that you'll need a few months just to become acclimated. This keeps things from becoming boring and repetitive.
2) Crafting is FUN; I usually end up gathering while playing WvWvW, as the Battlegrounds have some really high-level stuff.
3) Having a guild keeps me playing on a more frequent basis. Whereas I didn't benefit much from the guild structure in WoW due to my low level, GW2 offers an immediate benefit by allowing ALL levels to immediately enter WvWvW at level 80.
4) WvWvW can be INCREDIBLY fun, especially when the servers reset and new matchups begin (usually Fri. night)


Here are a few cons, just so I can be fair and make sure I'm not misrepresenting my overall experience:
1) The currency system is far different than that of WoW. I spend most of my time with < 1 gold, and repairing my armor (I spend most of my time in WvWvW) can become very difficult. This can be alleviated by doing some PvE (dungeons, etc), but I do feel like I'm always strained on money.
2) Three of the four battlegrounds have the exact same layout. Literally, they are the SAME MAP. This can produce a very homogenized experience after you've spent enough time on the maps; defending a particular keep that you've had to defend 50+ previous times can become boring. If GW2 introduced three separate battlegrounds, and had a rotating server system (ie, Server 1 gets map 1 for a few days, then map 2, then map 3; same for Server 2 and Server 3) it would lead to a far more exciting and fresh experience.


Overall, I'm really pleased with the game. I'm having a lot of fun, and I still feel like I've only hit the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
__________________
Bacon-wrapped shrimp: My first-favorite food wrapped around my third-favorite food. I'd go to a banquet in honor of those Somali pirates if they served bacon-wrapped shrimp.
Posts: 5,480
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #367
chasedude chasedude is offline
Supporter
 
chasedude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Joe
Casino cash: $2565643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels View Post
My personality is one of "all-or-nothing", and I'll usually play most games obsessively for a while before really growing tired of them and moving on. GW2, however, has been pretty consistently fun for me since its launch date. I think there are a few things working in its favor:
1) Much like WoW, the world is so huge and interactive, that you'll need a few months just to become acclimated. This keeps things from becoming boring and repetitive.
2) Crafting is FUN; I usually end up gathering while playing WvWvW, as the Battlegrounds have some really high-level stuff.
3) Having a guild keeps me playing on a more frequent basis. Whereas I didn't benefit much from the guild structure in WoW due to my low level, GW2 offers an immediate benefit by allowing ALL levels to immediately enter WvWvW at level 80.
4) WvWvW can be INCREDIBLY fun, especially when the servers reset and new matchups begin (usually Fri. night)


Here are a few cons, just so I can be fair and make sure I'm not misrepresenting my overall experience:
1) The currency system is far different than that of WoW. I spend most of my time with < 1 gold, and repairing my armor (I spend most of my time in WvWvW) can become very difficult. This can be alleviated by doing some PvE (dungeons, etc), but I do feel like I'm always strained on money.
2) Three of the four battlegrounds have the exact same layout. Literally, they are the SAME MAP. This can produce a very homogenized experience after you've spent enough time on the maps; defending a particular keep that you've had to defend 50+ previous times can become boring. If GW2 introduced three separate battlegrounds, and had a rotating server system (ie, Server 1 gets map 1 for a few days, then map 2, then map 3; same for Server 2 and Server 3) it would lead to a far more exciting and fresh experience.


Overall, I'm really pleased with the game. I'm having a lot of fun, and I still feel like I've only hit the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
Arenanet is working on adding guild galls. It'll be complete customization. Raids can be ran on other guilds halls. It's idea is alot like City of Heros, if you've played. I mean this is "GUILD WARS"

Every Hall hall will be unique. I'm really looking forward to that update.
Posts: 36,278
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #368
hometeam hometeam is offline
MVP
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $2048480
Im still playing some, have a 80 necro and 54 ranger.

As for heatsinks make sure you get the h100~ Its the bomb. An i52500k is a good budget processor. Pair it with a 660ti and extreme 4 for a pretty killer budget system~
Posts: 5,028
hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #369
Javabean Javabean is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Casino cash: $42371
The Lost Shores release will kick off with an event this Friday. The content looks interesting, especially the endless dungeon. I'm not sure how I feel about the new armor -- some people on the official forums are angry that it appears to be the first step of the genre's typical loot-grind treadmill. I think I need to see how it's implemented, but that is a concern.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, though. I missed most of the October event, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
__________________
postCount++;
Posts: 381
Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #370
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 
Winter Bells Champion
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1374096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javabean View Post
The Lost Shores release will kick off with an event this Friday. The content looks interesting, especially the endless dungeon. I'm not sure how I feel about the new armor -- some people on the official forums are angry that it appears to be the first step of the genre's typical loot-grind treadmill. I think I need to see how it's implemented, but that is a concern.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, though. I missed most of the October event, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

There needs to be some kind of a loot grind in the game. I have all the best shit possible in the game (outside of legendaries, which I won't even try for) so there's not really much for me left to do. I do WvWvW occasionally, but there's only so much of it I can do before I get bored. I haven't played GW2 at all this week because there's nothing for me to do there, really.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,921
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #371
hometeam hometeam is offline
MVP
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $2048480
I have been playing off and on still, just cant stick with a character and basically abandoned my necro as soon asi hit 80~
Posts: 5,028
hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.hometeam 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #372
Javabean Javabean is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Casino cash: $42371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
There needs to be some kind of a loot grind in the game. I have all the best shit possible in the game (outside of legendaries, which I won't even try for) so there's not really much for me left to do. I do WvWvW occasionally, but there's only so much of it I can do before I get bored. I haven't played GW2 at all this week because there's nothing for me to do there, really.
I agree that they definitely need a better end game. I'm just not sure that it needs to be a loot grind. Although I am open to that idea -- as they need something and a loot grind is a standard, proven treadmill -- I'm hoping they can find something better than what most other MMOs have done.

For example, look at how they improved questing significantly by moving it from NPCs to real world events. I'd prefer they find something innovative like that for the end game.
__________________
postCount++;
Posts: 381
Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.Javabean is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #373
chasedude chasedude is offline
Supporter
 
chasedude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Joe
Casino cash: $2565643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javabean View Post
I agree that they definitely need a better end game. I'm just not sure that it needs to be a loot grind. Although I am open to that idea -- as they need something and a loot grind is a standard, proven treadmill -- I'm hoping they can find something better than what most other MMOs have done.

For example, look at how they improved questing significantly by moving it from NPCs to real world events. I'd prefer they find something innovative like that for the end game.
You guys are way more hardcore than me. I've been really casual in my play with so much other RL shit going on. I just finished Arah the other day.

Mike O'Brien and his crew are quite creative. I'm sure they have many ideas waiting in the wings. So much more of the world (map) has yet to be opened. I'm wondering what's in store for the Ring of Fire area.
Posts: 36,278
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #374
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61250
I dont play. My comp can barely run it at low resolution, but all the requirements and "canurunit.com" had me believe I could run it optimally before I purchased it.
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #375
chasedude chasedude is offline
Supporter
 
chasedude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Joe
Casino cash: $2565643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
I dont play. My comp can barely run it at low resolution, but all the requirements and "canurunit.com" had me believe I could run it optimally before I purchased it.
Sorry to hear that Bump. I bought a Nvidia GTX 660 and can't run max on graphic settings. I should be able to but system crashes and full restart. I've played around enough to keep it from happening. With this card, I should be on max settings. It's either Nvidia drivers or Anet's graphics engine, one of them just don't sync correctly.
Posts: 36,278
chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.chasedude wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.