Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 PM  
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4°
Casino cash: $28270
Mitt's winning Ohio

Face the music, moonbats. America is sending the communist racebaiter back under his rock in Chicago.

Two new Ohio polls came out yesterday after my Ohio post, from from Gravis Marketing and PPP, both of which point to a razor-thin race in the most coveted swing state. A closer look at each poll shows just how much Romney has gained since the debates, and why he would be absolutely thrilled if these polls were accurate on Election Day.

The poll from Gravis Marketing shows Obama and Romney tied at 47 percent. But that’s as good as it gets for Obama. Among the most interesting tidbits from the poll:

Romney leads Obama by 19 percent among independents, 52–33, and holds 92 percent of his base compared to Obama’s 87 percent. Obama is underwater in job approval, 44–50, and independents disapprove of him overwhelmingly, 31–58. And the poll has a Democratic advantage of 9 percent, which is a 4 percent jump from 2008 — no one believes that Democrats can match their 2008 turnout advantage, let alone almost double it.

PPP (a Democratic firm) released their new poll yesterday showing Obama only up one point, 49 to 48. Just a week ago PPP had the race at 51–46 for Obama. But the four-point gain for Romney is even more impressive when you look at the poll’s findings:

This week’s poll has a Democrat sample advantage of 8 percent; last week’s advantage was 4. Romney gained four points on Obama in a week despite the sample’s having four percentage points more Democrats. Romney leads with independents by 7 percent, up from a 5 percent last week. Obama’s approval is underwater at 48–50, and independents disapprove of him by a 41–54 margin. Last week Obama was in positive approval ground at 50–48, and independents disapproved by a much smaller 45–50 margin. Romney’s favorability has gone from a minus-6 margin last week (45–51) to a plus-2 this week (49–47). Trust on the economy went from Obama plus-5 last week (51–46) to plus-4 in Romney’s direction this week (51–47). Independents jumped from Romney plus-5 last week to Romney plus-15 this week.

These two polls highlight what many saw in the second debate: Romney may have lost the overall debate, but he won handily on the issues of the economy, debt, and taxes. While Democrats were riding high this week after Obama narrowly won the face-off, Romney was quietly solidifying support from voters by commanding the issues that matter most. Based on these two polls, the only way Obama can win Ohio is if he finds a way to greatly surpass 2008 turnout with Democrats, which at the moment seems like an impossible task. If these polls hold, it won’t be long before the state Romney was declared dead in knocks down the last pillar of inevitability that Obama has left.

— Josh Jordan is a small-business market-research consultant. You can follow him on Twitter @Numbersmuncher.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ar-josh-jordan
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #91
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $260212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
noice! noice!
__________________
"Finally, anyone who uses the terms, irregardless, a whole nother, or all of a sudden shall be sentenced to a work camp."

Stewie Griffin
Posts: 64,737
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #92
mikey23545 mikey23545 is online now
MVP
 
mikey23545's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $118378
Well, if you just oversample Dem voters by 20%, Obama has his lead right back to where it really wasn't 3 months ago...or something.
Posts: 11,846
mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #93
aturnis aturnis is offline
MVP
 
aturnis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $93205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Jay61 View Post
Face the music, moonbats. America is sending the communist racebaiter back under his rock in Chicago.

Two new Ohio polls came out yesterday after my Ohio post, from from Gravis Marketing and PPP, both of which point to a razor-thin race in the most coveted swing state. A closer look at each poll shows just how much Romney has gained since the debates, and why he would be absolutely thrilled if these polls were accurate on Election Day.

The poll from Gravis Marketing shows Obama and Romney tied at 47 percent. But that’s as good as it gets for Obama. Among the most interesting tidbits from the poll:

Romney leads Obama by 19 percent among independents, 52–33, and holds 92 percent of his base compared to Obama’s 87 percent. Obama is underwater in job approval, 44–50, and independents disapprove of him overwhelmingly, 31–58. And the poll has a Democratic advantage of 9 percent, which is a 4 percent jump from 2008 — no one believes that Democrats can match their 2008 turnout advantage, let alone almost double it.

PPP (a Democratic firm) released their new poll yesterday showing Obama only up one point, 49 to 48. Just a week ago PPP had the race at 51–46 for Obama. But the four-point gain for Romney is even more impressive when you look at the poll’s findings:

This week’s poll has a Democrat sample advantage of 8 percent; last week’s advantage was 4. Romney gained four points on Obama in a week despite the sample’s having four percentage points more Democrats. Romney leads with independents by 7 percent, up from a 5 percent last week. Obama’s approval is underwater at 48–50, and independents disapprove of him by a 41–54 margin. Last week Obama was in positive approval ground at 50–48, and independents disapproved by a much smaller 45–50 margin. Romney’s favorability has gone from a minus-6 margin last week (45–51) to a plus-2 this week (49–47). Trust on the economy went from Obama plus-5 last week (51–46) to plus-4 in Romney’s direction this week (51–47). Independents jumped from Romney plus-5 last week to Romney plus-15 this week.

These two polls highlight what many saw in the second debate: Romney may have lost the overall debate, but he won handily on the issues of the economy, debt, and taxes. While Democrats were riding high this week after Obama narrowly won the face-off, Romney was quietly solidifying support from voters by commanding the issues that matter most. Based on these two polls, the only way Obama can win Ohio is if he finds a way to greatly surpass 2008 turnout with Democrats, which at the moment seems like an impossible task. If these polls hold, it won’t be long before the state Romney was declared dead in knocks down the last pillar of inevitability that Obama has left.

— Josh Jordan is a small-business market-research consultant. You can follow him on Twitter @Numbersmuncher.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ar-josh-jordan
Romney lost that debate terribly. It's been a few days since I've had time to pay attention, but last I knew, the president was in a dead heat with Romney amongst voters who have yet to vote. Factor in that of those who have already voted, which is a pretty large number, they voted 60/30 Obama...

Romney will still be unemployed come next year.
Posts: 10,570
aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.aturnis Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #94
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Romney lost that debate terribly. It's been a few days since I've had time to pay attention, but last I knew, the president was in a dead heat with Romney amongst voters who have yet to vote. Factor in that of those who have already voted, which is a pretty large number, they voted 60/30 Obama...

Romney will still be unemployed come next year.
And Obama will still be incompetent.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #95
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4°
Casino cash: $28270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey23545 View Post
Well, if you just oversample Dem voters by 20%, Obama has his lead right back to where it really wasn't 3 months ago...or something.
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #96
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
The American Spring starts in 7 days.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #97
Cave Johnson Cave Johnson is online now
Andy the Big Reid Coach
 
Cave Johnson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: E. Bumf***istan
Casino cash: $93881
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
The American Spring starts in 7 days.
R's are going to stage another Brooks Brothers riot and steal the election?
Posts: 9,636
Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #98
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4°
Casino cash: $28270
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...agkGTQF9wGlQJL
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #99
BigCatDaddy BigCatDaddy is offline
Kicking Ass and Chewing Bubble
 
BigCatDaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Joseph
Casino cash: $1058627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Jay61 View Post
But what does Nate Silver say?
__________________
"I voiced my opinion and announced I was forced to suck my babysitter's son's cock" - Red Guerilla (BlackBob) (Now known as CallMeSquidward).
Posts: 11,951
BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #100
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
But what does Nate Silver say?
96% chance that Barack Obama becomes champion of the universe.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #101
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186282
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Romney lost that debate terribly. It's been a few days since I've had time to pay attention, but last I knew, the president was in a dead heat with Romney amongst voters who have yet to vote. Factor in that of those who have already voted, which is a pretty large number, they voted 60/30 Obama...

Romney will still be unemployed come next year.
According to Gallup, Romney has a large lead among those who have already voted.

Gallup had Obama receiving 55% of the early vote last time compared McCain's 40%. So far this year, Romney leads 52-45.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014

Last edited by Saul Good; 10-30-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #102
LVNHACK LVNHACK is offline
MVP
 
LVNHACK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Baghdad
Casino cash: $6212981
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Romney lost that debate terribly. It's been a few days since I've had time to pay attention, but last I knew, the president was in a dead heat with Romney amongst voters who have yet to vote. Factor in that of those who have already voted, which is a pretty large number, they voted 60/30 Obama...

Romney will still be unemployed come next year.

Evidently you have paid attention for damn near 4 years......
__________________
Bleach really should be used in the gene pool

Some people grow up, some just grow old.
Posts: 13,819
LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #103
ROYC75 ROYC75 is online now
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!
 
ROYC75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Barn Yard
Casino cash: $10018522
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Romney lost that debate terribly. It's been a few days since I've had time to pay attention, but last I knew, the president was in a dead heat with Romney amongst voters who have yet to vote. Factor in that of those who have already voted, which is a pretty large number, they voted 60/30 Obama...

Romney will still be unemployed come next year.
You are just like the Chiefs, you just don't have a good coach or a game plan.
Posts: 25,279
ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ROYC75 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #104
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $4678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
But what does Nate Silver say?
I won't be convinced unless Nate Silver says that Romney has won the election.
__________________
Amerika, Amerika, I shed my grace on Thee.
Posts: 26,814
Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #105
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
According to Gallup, Romney has a large lead among those who have already voted.
Gallup had Obama receiving 55% of the early vote last time compared McCain's 40%. So far this year, Romney leads 52-45.
Link would be nice.

Where--Ohio? Everywhere? If everywhere, BFD. Unless its a battleground state, it means dick. And compared to Ohio, some of the 'battleground states mean dick as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,310
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.