Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:15 PM  
Stewie Stewie is offline
Supporter
 
Stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of the Equator
Casino cash: $5919
The SEC... REALLY?

This conference is head and shoulders above all others?
Posts: 10,885
Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #121
teedubya teedubya is offline
Waiting Until Next Year!
 
teedubya's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Casino cash: $6543
What the **** happened to Auburn?
Posts: 8,114
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #122
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
This is what bothers me about college football. Everything I know about football tells me "any given Sunday, but there is just no such thing as any given Saturday. And I would bet a weeks pay that that would change after 3 years of a 6 team PO format. This game may keep Alabama, the best team in the country from playing in the title game. Say all you want, but one off game does not change the fact that they are the best. It changes where they are ranked and whether they get a shot.
What exactly has Alabama done that makes you think they are the best team in the country? If not for Les Miles being the dumbest coach in America, they would have lost the only two games where they played elite competition. They were overrated based of off last years success.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 5,277
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #123
KC_Connection KC_Connection is offline
MVP
 
KC_Connection's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
This is ****ing stupid, and I hate Bama. So an undefeated SEC team loses their 1 game a year against another SEC team in November and somehow the conference is the butt of a joke by the OP? What the ****?
It's pretty ****ing stupid. SEC teams deserve more credit for succeeding with their difficult schedules, not the opposite.
Posts: 21,326
KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #124
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $7280
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
It's pretty ****ing stupid. SEC teams deserve more credit for succeeding with their difficult schedules, not the opposite.
Except Alabama didn't play Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina. I know they played LSU, but other than that, that's the only Top 10 team they beat. That's it.

Is SEC #1 conference? I'd concede to that, yes, but to make it that it is the best conference ever, well, I wouldn't go that far, because of the scheduling issue, in my view point.
__________________

Posts: 36,362
Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.Coach threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #125
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $7925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
People. Stewie is just drunk and pissed off that his team couldn't win in overtime on the road, but Missouri could. It's as simple as that.
Thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,462
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #126
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Except Alabama didn't play Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina. I know they played LSU, but other than that, that's the only Top 10 team they beat. That's it.

Is SEC #1 conference? I'd concede to that, yes, but to make it that it is the best conference ever, well, I wouldn't go that far, because of the scheduling issue, in my view point.
Mississippi State was top 10 when they played. Michigan was top 10 when they played, too. A&M was top 15. All but Michigan are still ranked, and Michigan lost their QB.

The only team KSU has beat that is currently in the top 20 is Oklahoma. The only currently ranked team Oregon has beat is USC.

Alabama wasn't coasting on an easy schedule.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,651
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #127
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5777
Yes. Really.
Posts: 51,453
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #128
notorious notorious is online now
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $9239
Next year Bama's loss is irrelavent.


An 8 team tourney would dilute the season. Be careful what you wish for.
Posts: 30,928
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #129
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Next year Bama's loss is irrelavent.


An 8 team tourney would dilute the season. Be careful what you wish for.
8 teams would be great. It would be something like:

K-State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Ohio State (in a normal year)
Alabama
Florida
Florida State
Georgia/LSU/Louisville/Clemson

That would be incredible, and the regular season wouldn't be watered down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,651
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #130
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $7925
8 team playoff would be amazing. Finally get to see some of these teams matchup instead of the game being decided "Dungeons and Dragons" style.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,462
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #131
notorious notorious is online now
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $9239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
8 teams would be great. It would be something like:

K-State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Ohio State (in a normal year)
Alabama
Florida
Florida State
Georgia/LSU/Louisville/Clemson

That would be incredible, and the regular season wouldn't be watered down.
Difference in opinion.
Posts: 30,928
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #132
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $6586
The SEC is head and shoulders above all others.
The SEC has been and will continue to be.
The SEC has the most direct link to the NFL.
The SEC has a lot of schools that are also to the beach with the best climate.
So the SEC will get the best players of any conference.
There are just too many things the SEC has over all other conferences.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 6,792
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #133
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Difference in opinion.
I guess I don't get how an 8 team playoff where no team has more than one loss would water down the regular season. If anything, it might encourage some better early season games. Right now, for contending teams, the only goal is to schedule teams you know can't beat you. Trying to increase strength of schedule and test yourself in the non-con isn't worth the risk of potentially losing a game and ending your season in week 1.

The season is watered down under the current setup because a full third of the season (4 out of 12 games) are glorified scrimmages. 68 basketball teams making the postseason waters down the regular season as well. Football would be well served to meet in the middle, and an 8 team playoff would be nuts.

Can you imagine something along the lines of:

Week 1: KSU vs. Clemson, Notre Dame vs. Florida State, Oregon vs. Florida, Ohio State vs. Alabama.

Week 2: KSU vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. Oregon

Week 3: KSU vs. Oregon
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,651
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #134
seamonster seamonster is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Casino cash: $5000
Once college football goes from being a judged sport, like batoon twirling and skateboarding, to having a real playoff system in place we'll see how great the SEC is. The chiefs have been drafting their douchey players for years and nearly all have been historic busts.
Posts: 245
seamonster ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.seamonster ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #135
notorious notorious is online now
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $9239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
I guess I don't get how an 8 team playoff where no team has more than one loss would water down the regular season. If anything, it might encourage some better early season games. Right now, for contending teams, the only goal is to schedule teams you know can't beat you. Trying to increase strength of schedule and test yourself in the non-con isn't worth the risk of potentially losing a game and ending your season in week 1.

The season is watered down under the current setup because a full third of the season (4 out of 12 games) are glorified scrimmages. 68 basketball teams making the postseason waters down the regular season as well. Football would be well served to meet in the middle, and an 8 team playoff would be nuts.

Can you imagine something along the lines of:

Week 1: KSU vs. Clemson, Notre Dame vs. Florida State, Oregon vs. Florida, Ohio State vs. Alabama.

Week 2: KSU vs. Alabama, Notre Dame vs. Oregon

Week 3: KSU vs. Oregon
Why would it push teams to strengthen their schedule? An undefeated shit schedule in a major conference will get you in the top 8 (See Big East and Possibly the old Big 12). There would be zero incentive to schedule any tough games.

Boise State would immediately want to go back to their old conference, too.
Posts: 30,928
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.