Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 PM  
ArrowheadHawk ArrowheadHawk is online now
Bringing the Pain!
 
ArrowheadHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Casino cash: $90947
**** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

#1 Seed South Region (31-5,14-4,5-0)

Roster
Spoiler!

Non-Con Schedule
Spoiler!

Conference Schedule
Spoiler!

Post Season
Thu, March 14 TT at Kansas (W 91-63)
Fri, March 15 Iowa State at Kansas (W 88-73)
Sat, March 15 Kansas State at Kansas (W 70-54)
Fri, March 22 (16)Western Kentucky vs (1)Kansas (W 64-57)
Sun, March 24 (8)UNC vs (1)Kansas (W 70-58)
Fri, March 29 (4)Michigan at (1)Kansas Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX 6:37PM

Last edited by ArrowheadHawk; 03-26-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Posts: 15,049
ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #691
sedated sedated is offline
Like I woke up in Wonderland..
 
sedated's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: OPKS
Casino cash: $227903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
That's my point. He did that LAST YEAR...when he had Robinson.

He's never going to be asked to score in the NBA. He's going to be asked to come off the bench for defense and rebounding.

Against bums, he is averaging 14 points, 11 boards, and 6 blocks. Scouts aren't going to care how many boards and swats he gets against teams who start 6'5 power forwards.

Against MSU, a team with legit size, he had 8 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks. Yawn
It seems your argument is impossible to win. You are declaring last year invalid because KU also had Robinson (which makes no sense because everyone else is talking about defense, which Robinson did not affect at all. If you are talking rebounds it makes even less sense because he had to fight with Robinson for all of them). And you will discount any stat from this year that isnít against Michigan State Ė and stats are wonderful tools when the sample size is limited as much as possible

So, cool story bro.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchiefs
Why can't more people be like sedated?
Posts: 14,823
sedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisedated 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #692
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I'd be happy with that. As long as I get to keep yelling "Damnit Withey!"
Oh hell. If we can't yell "Damnit Withey," and "You Son of a Bitch". I won't have a whole lot to say during the games.
Posts: 20,595
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #693
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $434864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Yeah, because Wayne Simien sucked so bad.
where did i say ANYONE was going to suck?


tuck that tampon string back in and get back to work
Posts: 80,099
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #694
Lzen Lzen is offline
MVP
 
Lzen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Topeka
Casino cash: $137803
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJizzles View Post
I agree with that. But you mentioned his performance last night. When last year against top competition he set the NCAA Tournament record for blocked shots.

If he can continue to be a defensive presence, rebound the ball and score between 10-15 a game, as a fan, I will be content.
Despite what the MU fan thinks, that should be enough to get him an NBA contract. Hell, Ostertag had a decade in the NBA being just that. Of course, I understand that Withey has to get more physical for that to happen.
__________________
I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
Posts: 29,982
Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #695
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Despite what the MU fan thinks, that should be enough to get him an NBA contract. Hell, Ostertag had a decade in the NBA being just that. Of course, I understand that Withey has to get more physical for that to happen.
OSTERTAG!!! FTMFW

Teams will take dudes on potential. I learned that with Julian Wright. Dude needed to eat about 10 pounds of steak a day, had no shot outside of 15 feet, and had a LOT further to go with physicalness. He was long and could run, that's about it. And he went first round IIRC.
Posts: 20,595
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #696
Ceej Ceej is online now
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $62622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Despite what the MU fan thinks, that should be enough to get him an NBA contract. Hell, Ostertag had a decade in the NBA being just that. Of course, I understand that Withey has to get more physical for that to happen.
Oh, he will get a contract based on his size and defensive presence alone.

The MU fan is talking to us like we think he's a world beater and #1 overall pick worthy.

I think Withey is a bench guy in the NBA with some potential offensively, who can rebound and block shots.

Not sure why he keeps talking about Withey and his NBA numbers.
Posts: 15,454
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #697
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJizzles View Post
Oh, he will get a contract based on his size and defensive presence alone.

The MU fan is talking to us like we think he's a world beater and #1 overall pick worthy.

I think Withey is a bench guy in the NBA with some potential offensively, who can rebound and block shots.

Not sure why he keeps talking about Withey and his NBA numbers.
Yeah, I don't know of a single KU fan that thinks he is an elite NBA prospect. I think he is basically Aldrich with a little higher ceiling.
Posts: 20,595
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #698
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Rock Chalk
 
Bearcat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $3540241
Well, I do get his point... Withey's stock may never be higher than it was at the end of last season. But, who knows what went on behind the scenes... I'm sure he got a ton of advice on the subject. I assume he was projected to be drafted?
__________________
Posts: 26,578
Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Bearcat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #699
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $434864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, I don't know of a single KU fan that thinks he is an elite NBA prospect. I think he is basically Aldrich with a little higher ceiling.
imo Withey will get draft in the 2nd round and sent to the dev league.

I worry about his motivation, he seems to need a pretty regular kick in the ass to keep his energy level up.
Posts: 80,099
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #700
Lzen Lzen is offline
MVP
 
Lzen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Topeka
Casino cash: $137803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
where did i say ANYONE was going to suck?


tuck that tampon string back in and get back to work
Man, are you that slow? I was making an exaggeration to emphasize my point. Simien had sharp fundamentals.
__________________
I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
Posts: 29,982
Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #701
Lzen Lzen is offline
MVP
 
Lzen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Topeka
Casino cash: $137803
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
It seems your argument is impossible to win. You are declaring last year invalid because KU also had Robinson (which makes no sense because everyone else is talking about defense, which Robinson did not affect at all. If you are talking rebounds it makes even less sense because he had to fight with Robinson for all of them). And you will discount any stat from this year that isnít against Michigan State Ė and stats are wonderful tools when the sample size is limited as much as possible

So, cool story bro.
In other words, MUron.
__________________
I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
Posts: 29,982
Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #702
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $139323
jesus...i didn't even know there was a game last night.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 29,928
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #703
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $183875
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJizzles View Post
Oh, he will get a contract based on his size and defensive presence alone.

The MU fan is talking to us like we think he's a world beater and #1 overall pick worthy.

I think Withey is a bench guy in the NBA with some potential offensively, who can rebound and block shots.

Not sure why he keeps talking about Withey and his NBA numbers.
I'm talking about his NBA stock because I said he was dumb for coming back this year. He would have likely been a late (maybe even mid) first round pick. I think it's unlikely that he goes in the first this year.

I don't know why this updates Kansas fans. The team is obviously better off with him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #704
Ceej Ceej is online now
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $62622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
I'm talking about his NBA stock because I said he was dumb for coming back this year. He would have likely been a late (maybe even mid) first round pick. I think it's unlikely that he goes in the first this year.

I don't know why this updates Kansas fans. The team is obviously better off with him.
I agree with your sentiment regarding Withey and the NBA.

But, you're the one who threw the 6'5" forward jab too.

If you watched Withey last year during the tournament you know he can compete with anyone, from a defensive standpoint.
Posts: 15,454
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #705
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $183875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
It seems your argument is impossible to win. You are declaring last year invalid because KU also had Robinson (which makes no sense because everyone else is talking about defense, which Robinson did not affect at all. If you are talking rebounds it makes even less sense because he had to fight with Robinson for all of them). And you will discount any stat from this year that isnít against Michigan State Ė and stats are wonderful tools when the sample size is limited as much as possible

So, cool story bro.
So you don't think Withey had an advantage playing next to Robinson on the defensive end? Robinson was a ****ing load in the paint and on the block. Players had to try to go around him which created the opportunities for Withey to get blocks from the weak side. Robinson could force players a certain direction because he was so damned strong. Perry Ellis can't do that. He isn't physical enough to do what Robinson could do.

As a tall center with good timing but limited athleticism, Withey's best friend on the defensive end is an enormous power forward. Frankly, it didn't hurt having Taylor guarding the point, either. Taylor is so long and quick that he wasn't beat by the first step. If someone got around him, they didn't get free at the three point line. By the time they were past Taylor, Withey was there waiting, and they didn't have room to make a move. He swallowed them up, and he was really good at it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.