Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM  
MahiMike MahiMike is offline
Alex > Kaepernick
 
MahiMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Casino cash: $7384
Damn I miss Dick Vermiel!

We'll never have an offense like his again. Wish he'd stuck around longer.

http://www.kansascitykc.com/chiefs/dick-vermeil/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dick-vermeil-chiefs.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	102667  
Posts: 8,524
MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MahiMike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #91
bricks bricks is offline
ooooo paesano! come stai?
 
bricks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: from Canada EH??
Casino cash: $6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Giving a 1st round pick for a player who has no other suitors is not a solid move. You want to give him credit for a solid trade then Roaf is the one to talk about.
Roaf was one of the better trades in Chiefs history.

But, you don't consider Trent Green a solid move?
C'mon. The guy gave the Chiefs 5 productive seasons, made two probowls, was unquestionably one of the better leaders on the ball club. In fact, I think Trent Green could be ranked up there as one of the better Chiefs QBs in history.I'm speaking directly from a longevity and productivity standpoint. I understand that giving up a first round pick is a lot for a 31 year old QB at the time, but when that first round pick turns out to be Damione Lewis, and your QB produces consistently for 5 seasons, makes probowls, that is win and without a doubt a very solid move by the Chiefs.
Posts: 2,832
bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #92
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
He was kind of a mercenary that never really embraced Kansas City but damn....I absolutely *loved* watching Priest Holmes run. I have fun memories of some of the things that team was able to do on the ground.
Me, too.

Regardless of what the critics say (justified to some extent, or not), that was one hell of an offense. Once they finally figured out Saunders' playbook, they rarely disappointed on the field. Unstoppable in the redzone.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #93
AussieChiefsFan AussieChiefsFan is online now
Mayday .... All Day
 
AussieChiefsFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Casino cash: $6645
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Me, too.

Regardless of what the critics say (justified to some extent, or not), that was one hell of an offense. Once they finally figured out Saunders' playbook, they rarely disappointed on the field. Unstoppable in the redzone.

FAX
Man, 2003.
__________________
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: Sean "The Beard" McGrath
Posts: 12,255
AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #94
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
Man, 2003.
I think that Carl and Uncle Dick both realized what they were doing. The idea was to "win now" and to do that, they had to go the free agent route because they needed experienced veterans.

The problem, of course, was that it meant we wound up with an old team that was ready to retire after the run was over.

I can see why they took that approach, though. The Chiefs hadn't won anything in a long time and the culture needed the shock of actually going all the way ... or close to it, at least. The Chiefs' losing mentality had permeated the entire franchise. Uncle Dick gave us that opportunity.

But they blew it. Even after catching lightning in a bottle with Priest, they still couldn't field a defense worth a damn (as we know) and it created the need to rebuild the roster from scratch. Yet, even that would have been palatable had they actually succeeded in winning the Super Bowl.

But we're now staring down the barrel of another entire decade of rebuild after rebuild (2003 - 2012). Had it not been for that, I could forgive them. After all the sparkle and flash, not only did we receive nothing in return, but it cost us ... an overly high cost, as it turned out.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #95
bricks bricks is offline
ooooo paesano! come stai?
 
bricks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: from Canada EH??
Casino cash: $6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I think that Carl and Uncle Dick both realized what they were doing. The idea was to "win now" and to do that, they had to go the free agent route because they needed experienced veterans.

The problem, of course, was that it meant we wound up with an old team that was ready to retire after the run was over.

I can see why they took that approach, though. The Chiefs hadn't won anything in a long time and the culture needed the shock of actually going all the way ... or close to it, at least. The Chiefs' losing mentality had permeated the entire franchise. Uncle Dick gave us that opportunity.

But they blew it. Even after catching lightning in a bottle with Priest, they still couldn't field a defense worth a damn (as we know) and it created the need to rebuild the roster from scratch. Yet, even that would have been palatable had they actually succeeded in winning the Super Bowl.

But we're now staring down the barrel of another entire decade of rebuild after rebuild (2003 - 2012). Had it not been for that, I could forgive them. After all the sparkle and flash, not only did we receive nothing in return, but it cost us ... an overly high cost, as it turned out.

FAX
I think the win now thing could of possibly been devoted to Lamar Hunt.

Im saying that because he was old at the time and they did what they could to at least try to win a superbowl before he dies. I think thats what a lot of people fail to consider.
Posts: 2,832
bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.bricks has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #96
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricks View Post
I think the win now thing could of possibly been devoted to Lamar Hunt.

Im saying that because he was old at the time and they did what they could to at least try to win a superbowl before he dies. I think thats what a lot of people fail to consider.
I have no doubt that was part of the rationale, Mr. bricks.

Lamar deserved another Super Bowl ... if for no other reason than he was the most patient, supportive owner in the universe.

Clark needs to get his house in order so he can hoist that trophy in his father's name.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #97
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11285
FAX, was Cassel punishment for our true fan sins?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,982
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #98
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
FAX, was Cassel punishment for our true fan sins?
Clearly, somebody in the house has killed a kitten.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #99
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Clearly, somebody in the house has killed a kitten.

FAX
Guess ****ing sheep is the key (Works for Donco fans)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,982
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #100
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
Guess ****ing sheep is the key (Works for Donco fans)
Well, if that's what it takes ... I guess I'd have to do it. If, that is, we can't find another volunteer.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #101
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $10719
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I have no doubt that was part of the rationale, Mr. bricks.

Lamar deserved another Super Bowl ... if for no other reason than he was the most patient, supportive owner in the universe.

Clark needs to get his house in order so he can hoist that trophy in his father's name.
FAX
This is why I think Clark does indeed care. Some say he doesn't care but I believe he does care. He just got bewittled from Scott Pioli, blind swiped bamboozalled. What ever you want to call it Clark & Chiefs fans got duped by Scott Pioli for what he was suppose to bring and that's championships.
Posts: 21,560
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #102
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
This is why I think Clark does indeed care. Some say he doesn't care but I believe he does care. He just got bewittled from Scott Pioli, blind swiped bamboozalled. What ever you want to call it Clark & Chiefs fans got duped by Scott Pioli for what he was suppose to bring and that's championships.
Yep. Pioli is one of "those" guys. All package, no present.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #103
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Well, if that's what it takes ... I guess I'd have to do it. If, that is, we can't find another volunteer.

FAX
(Un)Fortunately Mr. Knowmo has the market cornered. Been in his blood for centuries.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,982
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #104
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Shut the **** up, n00b
Nice language. God Bless you.
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #105
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
go fist yourself. Bitch
Posted via Mobile Device
How rude. God Bless you.
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.