Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Overreaction Lounge (again) > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM  
Cave Johnson Cave Johnson is offline
11-5, baby
 
Cave Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Livin the dream
Casino cash: $21657
Marco Rubio, Republican Savior?

Moderates will love this guy!

Quote:
When asked how old he thinks the Earth is, Rubio makes that much clear:

I’m not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I’m not a scientist. I don’t think I’m qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries.
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....scientist.html
Posts: 12,905
Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Cave Johnson 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #226
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675° N 106.475° W
Casino cash: $0
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
I'd like to find just one that proves I didn't start it.
Yahweh?
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 92,315
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #227
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs,Pats,Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedLogic View Post
I didn't read the while thread because it seemed to be a bible thumper vs science argument.

It's hard to call Rubio the savior considering that he's not eligible to run for president.
Why is he not eligible?
__________________
My Message to President-Elect Donald Trump:
America did NOT became great because of what government did. America became great because of what the U.S. Constitution prevented our government from doing. The people made America great.
Posts: 81,301
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #228
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs,Pats,Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
You definitely cast doubt on the factuality of evolution.
It's called being a devil's advocate. Look it up

Quote:
Then you claim this:
Those are facts. It's a theory and Darwin did have doubts.

Quote:
You are not carrying out this conversation with integrity. I'm out.
No, you made assumptions. I was defending Paul originally. I can see points on the other side. I think there's merits on both sides.
__________________
My Message to President-Elect Donald Trump:
America did NOT became great because of what government did. America became great because of what the U.S. Constitution prevented our government from doing. The people made America great.
Posts: 81,301
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #229
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs,Pats,Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
and you and I aren't evolving, we're devolving...
There's merit in that too!
__________________
My Message to President-Elect Donald Trump:
America did NOT became great because of what government did. America became great because of what the U.S. Constitution prevented our government from doing. The people made America great.
Posts: 81,301
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #230
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $43375
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
oh don't bother her with those pesky facts...

what's a few slaves in the land of the free?
__________________
Donald Trump: “ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”
Posts: 32,996
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #231
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $43375
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I'm not evolving, I'm devolving...
Beautifully written, fantastic work, couldn't agree more!!
__________________
Donald Trump: “ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”
Posts: 32,996
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #232
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $43375
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Yahweh?
Yes my son.
__________________
Donald Trump: “ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”
Posts: 32,996
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #233
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
He will be a great candidate until the dumbass republican party will march him as their version of Hispanic Jesus for four years, and use the argument that they somehow now appeal to Hispanics because they are friends with one guy who is Hispanic. Based on the way I saw some people march up Herman Cain and a few years ago, J.c. Watts, it's inevitable.

I really like the guy. I just hope and wish the dumbasses in the party will let him run on policy, not showcase his race.
Posts: 27,261
chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #234
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs,Pats,Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
He will be a great candidate until the dumbass republican party will march him as their version of Hispanic Jesus for four years, and use the argument that they somehow now appeal to Hispanics because they are friends with one guy who is Hispanic. Based on the way I saw some people march up Herman Cain and a few years ago, J.c. Watts, it's inevitable.

I really like the guy. I just hope and wish the dumbasses in the party will let him run on policy, not showcase his race.
He's a BIG govt Republican...and therefore not the solution for America's rapidly growing statism.
__________________
My Message to President-Elect Donald Trump:
America did NOT became great because of what government did. America became great because of what the U.S. Constitution prevented our government from doing. The people made America great.
Posts: 81,301
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #235
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675° N 106.475° W
Casino cash: $0
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
Yes my son.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 92,315
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #236
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is offline
I'll always be a Marty fan
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Still Darwin's had doubts on his own theory wondering if it was fantasy himself.
That actually adds credibility to the conclusions he drew after his examination of the evidence. I'd much rather have a scientist say "Well, this appears to be what's happening here" than have an ideologue say "I know this is what happened, because the Bible (or some other authority) said so".

As has also been pointed out, Einstein expressed reservations about General Relativity, and he flat out refused to believe some of the implications of Quantum Theory. He dismissed the indeterminate nature of it with his famous quote "God doesn't play dice with the universe". The less famous but incredibly awesome rebuttal to that was Neils Bohr's "Don't tell God what to do".

Reservations about a theory by the creator of the theory don't render the theory invalid. They just demonstrate the scientific method at work.
Posts: 8,770
Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Lex Luthor has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #237
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
He's a BIG govt Republican...and therefore not the solution for America's rapidly growing statism.
Wanting anything above minimalist government does not make you big government.
Posts: 27,261
chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.chiefzilla1501 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #238
stevieray stevieray is offline
So you think you can tell
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: end of the road.
Casino cash: $34950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
Beautifully written, fantastic work, couldn't agree more!!
Still got nothing dave, other than the deacy of your body and your eminent death?

.....shocked.
Posts: 44,527
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #239
stevieray stevieray is offline
So you think you can tell
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: end of the road.
Casino cash: $34950
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
The simple honeycomb, which in the end strengthened his theory.
uh, no.
Posts: 44,527
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #240
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $13868
I admit I have heard a lot about Rubio but don't know much beyond the basics. I like Chris Christie a lot.
Posts: 46,908
|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.