Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 PM  
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7600
VARSITY
Homeland on Showtime

Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.
Posts: 43,158
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #211
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $6477
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny View Post
Last night's episode was a ****ing goofy mess.

Abu Nazir, the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden, casually strolls into a 7-11 shortly before singlehandedly wrecking and kidnapping Carrie, who is busy listening to her shitty jazz. Dana and her mopey ass make an appearance in time for the shitty hit-and-run with Finn subplot to pop up again. Nazir then Skypes Brody, who only goes down the hall to scream Nazir's name repeatedly. Brody then does a followup to the classic "dig through a guy's room and get the object in the nick of time" by grabbing a novelty size magnifying glass and getting the serial number to Walden's pacemaker. Nazir then has the pacemaker hacked (which is weirdly the most realistic thing to happen in this episode). Carrie is let free, only to disboey orders for the 20th time, grabbing a pipe to take on Nazir. End episode.



I really hope the 7 seasons rumor gets debunked. This show is starting to near the cliff with some of the stupid shit that happens each episode.

Still love Quinn and Saul though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,235
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #212
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post


I really hope the 7 seasons rumor gets debunked. This show is starting to near the cliff with some of the stupid shit that happens each episode.

Still love Quinn and Saul though.
Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need ****ing Dana. At all. Like ever.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,937
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #213
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $6477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need ****ing Dana. At all. Like ever.
I hope that black girl comes out of nowhere and kills the shit out of Dana.


Then, takes of her mask, revealing herself to be none other than...


Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,235
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #214
KC_Connection KC_Connection is offline
MVP
 
KC_Connection's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5005
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.
Posts: 21,326
KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #215
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $6477
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.
The way the writing has been for the past several episodes, that sounds about right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,235
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #216
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
I hope that black girl comes out of nowhere and kills the shit out of Dana.


Then, takes of her mask, revealing herself to be none other than...


Spoiler!
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,937
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #217
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
I hope that black girl comes out of nowhere and kills the shit out of Dana.


Then, takes of her mask, revealing herself to be none other than...


Spoiler!
Even though it's just a gif, I can hear his voice perfectly in my head.
Posts: 42,092
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #218
KC_Connection KC_Connection is offline
MVP
 
KC_Connection's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Even though it's just a gif, I can hear his voice perfectly in my head.
That quote of his is the title of the Dexter season finale this year. I'll be interested to see why.
Posts: 21,326
KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #219
KC_Connection KC_Connection is offline
MVP
 
KC_Connection's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5005
BTW, I loved the moment this episode when Saul was just grilling Estes' about Quinn's real purpose to the operation. Hilarious how much he's in his head.
Posts: 21,326
KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #220
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5837
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.
Posts: 51,455
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #221
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7600
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need ****ing Dana. At all. Like ever.
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,158
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #222
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7600
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.
It's TV and expect a little latitude with reality. But comeon this show and writers can do better than that last show.

But, overall it was a good episode.
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,158
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #223
okoye35chiefs okoye35chiefs is offline
Starter
 
okoye35chiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Death Valley
Casino cash: $5000
2 more shows left...she has to cover for brodie again!
Posts: 674
okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.okoye35chiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #224
RaiderH8r RaiderH8r is offline
Now it's Willie Time!
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Beating hippies
Casino cash: $5705
Can Nazir kill Finn and his girlfriend? I could support that.
__________________
You may think RaiderH8r is just a thinker. But Im not just a thinker. Im a doer. Every day I go out there, and rev that engine, fire it up, grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And when the fear rises up in my belly, I use it. Fear is powerful, because its been there for billions of years. And it is good. And I use it. And I ride it; I ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell.
Posts: 3,226
RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #225
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5260
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I just dont get it.
You and me both, man.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,937
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.