Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61300
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 AM   #3736
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He was told he didn't have to pursue him, he did. -That's moronic,

How have I wavered at all within this argument?
Because you didnt use moronic until many posts into your argument.

Initially, your argument was that it was the cause / led to Martin's death and that because Z pursued him , Z 'deserved' a negative consequence.

Butyou knew that, and youre doing nothingbut being a big ****ign waste of time.

Are you another Jensen mult by chance?
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,198
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #3737
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post

Initially, your argument was that it was the cause / led to Martin's death and that because Z pursued him , Z 'deserved' a negative consequence.
He put himself in this situation, (this was moronic, he was told he didn't have to do it) but nowhere did I say that this made Z guilty.

You are the one who is confusing my argumentation.

Okay, seriously done.
Posts: 4,762
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #3738
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He put himself in this situation, (this was moronic, he was told he didn't have to do it) but nowhere did I say that this made Z guilty.

You are the one who is confusing my argumentation.
Except that was not your argument, as I proved to you multiple times. You merely changed the goal posts to make yourself feel better....

Is a firefighter who dies fighting a fire a moron?

Is a pilot who crashes a plane and kills someone a moron?

Is a police officer who accidentally kills someone in the line of duty a moron?

They put themsleves in these situations, so according to you they are morons right?

You seem to conveniently say 'Hold on, wait...lets see all the evidence' when it comes to placing ANY blame on trayvon martin, yet you jump to the conclusion that Zimmerman is a moron before you have heard all the evidence.

It is you that is a moron.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,198
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #3739
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $77586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He put himself in this situation, (this was moronic, he was told he didn't have to do it) but nowhere did I say that this made Z guilty.

You are the one who is confusing my argumentation.

Okay, seriously done.
With a head shake & a Z-snap?
Posts: 16,668
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #3740
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Because you didnt use moronic until many posts into your argument.

Initially, your argument was that it was the cause / led to Martin's death and that because Z pursued him , Z 'deserved' a negative consequence.

Butyou knew that, and youre doing nothingbut being a big ****ign waste of time.

Are you another Jensen mult by chance?
I think they're both morons. Bottom line is that both of these guys had a history of acting tough until they both got into the wrong side of a fight.

It takes a major leap of faith to believe that Zimmerman suddenly got religion in mid-pursuit and then turned back to his car. It takes the same leap of faith to believe that Zimmerman, a hot-headed guy who was already cursing at Trayvon on the 911 call, politely asked what Trayvon was doing. Just like it takes a leap of faith to think that Trayvon ran away and then somehow circled back into the same spot Zimmerman was. Trayvon was looking for trouble too.

They both acted stupidly. But again, all Zimmerman had to do was follow basic protocol and none of this happens. He had no reason to get out of the car. He had no reason to do anything more than maintain a visual and wait for the cops to show up, unless he had actual reason to believe there was mischief. He had an absolute duty to announce who he was so Trayvon didn't think he was some weird dude trying to attack him. And if you're going to break the rules in that way, don't ****ing carry a gun when patrol rules clearly state that you're not supposed to. So yes, Zimmerman was a moron because for a guy so obsessed with being a cop and with the amount of training he had, he sure broke a shitload of rules.
Posts: 19,606
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #3741
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126849
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think they're both morons. Bottom line is that both of these guys had a history of acting tough until they both got into the wrong side of a fight.

It takes a major leap of faith to believe that Zimmerman suddenly got religion in mid-pursuit and then turned back to his car. It takes the same leap of faith to believe that Zimmerman, a hot-headed guy who was already cursing at Trayvon on the 911 call, politely asked what Trayvon was doing. Just like it takes a leap of faith to think that Trayvon ran away and then somehow circled back into the same spot Zimmerman was. Trayvon was looking for trouble too.

They both acted stupidly. But again, all Zimmerman had to do was follow basic protocol and none of this happens. He had no reason to get out of the car. He had no reason to do anything more than maintain a visual and wait for the cops to show up, unless he had actual reason to believe there was mischief. He had an absolute duty to announce who he was so Trayvon didn't think he was some weird dude trying to attack him. And if you're going to break the rules in that way, don't ****ing carry a gun when patrol rules clearly state that you're not supposed to. So yes, Zimmerman was a moron because for a guy so obsessed with being a cop and with the amount of training he had, he sure broke a shitload of rules.
And this is only what we know. For all we know, Zimmerman may have talked shit. Maybe made an aggressive move or a threat. His history makes those distinct possibilities. We don't know who threw the first punch or made the first move. Or Trayvon did all of these unprovoked, which is certainly a possibility too.
Posts: 19,606
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #3742
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Moln Lab
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $954083
Pop Quiz...

If a man walks up to you and calls you a dumbass and you punch him in the face. He goes to jail when the cops come?
Posts: 18,726
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #3743
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Except that was not your argument, as I proved to you multiple times. You merely changed the goal posts to make yourself feel better....

Is a firefighter who dies fighting a fire a moron?

Is a pilot who crashes a plane and kills someone a moron?

Is a police officer who accidentally kills someone in the line of duty a moron?

They put themsleves in these situations, so according to you they are morons right?

You seem to conveniently say 'Hold on, wait...lets see all the evidence' when it comes to placing ANY blame on trayvon martin, yet you jump to the conclusion that Zimmerman is a moron before you have heard all the evidence.

It is you that is a moron.
Gosh, use some deductive reasoning here, those individuals are actually appointed to tend to those responsibilities.

You wouldn't happen to be a Tom Cash mult, right?
Posts: 4,762
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #3744
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126849
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Pop Quiz...

If a man walks up to you and calls you a dumbass and you punch him in the face. He goes to jail when the cops come?
If Zimmerman didn't shoot Trayvon, Trayvon would have gotten charged as he should have. Zimmerman could have claimed self defense, and rightfully so. This isn't about legality. Zimmerman didn't do anything illegal.

But you poke around at Zimmerman's history... the way the dude acts, it was only a matter of time before he found himself in a fight he couldn't win. So yeah... even if he did nothing illegal, I don't feel sorry for him in the least.
Posts: 19,606
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #3745
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Pop Quiz...

If a man walks up to you and calls you a dumbass and you punch him in the face. He goes to jail when the cops come?
Pop quiz...
If you elect yourself captain dipshit and follow a 16 year old kid around leading to a confrontation that gets your ass kicked and you kill him do you go to jail?
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #3746
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
Pop quiz...
If you elect yourself captain dipshit and follow a 16 year old kid around leading to a confrontation that gets your ass kicked and you kill him do you go to jail?
It's our right and civic duty to all be captain dip****s, and you are a moron to suggest Zimmerman's actions are deserving of any kind of blame.

/Pawn
Posts: 4,762
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3747
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $295
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think they're both morons.
This right here is the unfortunate answer.

Two morons colliding in the night....

Anyone that says 100% of the responsibility lays with Z or TM at this point is simply retarded.

As has been stated and pointed out, we are all missing the critical piece of info that could settle the argument:

Who initiated the physical combat?

Without this, we should withhold judgment, and see what happens with the trial and the case IMO.

Pursuing someone is OK, Asking them what they are doing is OK...

Laying hands on another person is where my line is drawn, personally. Laying hands on someone is where I believe a Jury will draw the line too. If the prosecution can PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ laid his hands on TM first, causing the fight...then they will win their case. Period.

They wont win based on the Chiefpants 'he was pursuing so he is an idiot' argument. Pursuing someone is not crossing that line. Pursuing someone does not give them a right to bash your head in.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,198
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #3748
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
It's our right and civic duty to all be captain dip****s, and you are a moron to suggest Zimmerman's actions are deserving of any kind of blame.

/Pawn
Think about your quote....I am not the one placing 100% of the responsibility on one party or the other. YOU ARE.

I never said you were a moron for thinking zimmerman deserved some of the blame...

He certainly deserves some blame....I personally don't feel murder is warranted. Perhaps a lesser charge of some sort, but IMO the prosecution is retarded for 'going for it' in this case....I think they will most likely fail or be forced to settle for much less charges.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,198
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #3749
Chiefspants Chiefspants is offline
Good as New
 
Chiefspants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Casino cash: $979700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
This right here is the unfortunate answer.

Two morons colliding in the night....



Wait a second, you didn't happen to just agree with my original argument, right? As I've been saying all along, Zimmerman's idiocy and his guilt in this case are not exactly mutually exclusive.
Posts: 4,762
Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefspants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #3750
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
It's our right and civic duty to all be captain dip****s, and you are a moron to suggest Zimmerman's actions are deserving of any kind of blame.

/Pawn Cash
I understand both sides of the issue. I just refuse to make this clown a hero. I do not carry a fire arm although I own several. My son has a permit but finds it hassle to carry one most of the time. I have friends back home that have permits but hardly ever carry one. I did get a chuckle out of a poster calling me a libtard and a pussy with a little man complex because I disagree with him on the subject I will defend our right to own guns and carry them if we choose. Those who get their panties in a wad because I do not want to pin a medal on Zimmerman can kiss my ass~
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.