Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM  
KCFaninSEA KCFaninSEA is offline
Starter
 
KCFaninSEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Casino cash: $5913
Today 12/27 Mel Kiper says.......

Mel says Mike Glennon will be the first QB taken in the 2013 draft and he could be picked in the top 10. He says alot of things could and will change as the draft approaches but as of right now he thinks the Chiefs should trade out of the top spot if they can and if they can't they should take Luke Joeckel with the first pick. He also say the Jaguars should trade down also but if they can't they should take a DE with their first pick.
Posts: 346
KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #121
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is online now
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That he isn't the next Tim Couch, Ala Geno Smith? That he can make more than one read, doesn't stare down his receivers and throw into tripple coverage and play with receivers that are amazing?

Regardless, you guys picked a bad year to suck. This class of QB's looks like crap.
You really are one clueless SOB
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,958
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #122
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is online now
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincase View Post
At this point, I think the best option is to trade down, trade down, trade down and stockpile picks for the 2014 and 2015 drafts. Chiefs should make it a goal to have 6 picks in the first three rounds in each of the the next two drafts.
Stick to B Ball Beaker
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,958
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #123
RunKC RunKC is offline
Just a humble bounty hunter
 
RunKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $7615
Can't wait until Tyler Wilson skyrockets this spring and we take him. The kids football IQ, talent and toughness will shine at the Senior Bowl and combine.

What will set him apart is his leadership. There is not a better leader in this class than Tyler Wilson.
Posts: 5,834
RunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #124
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is online now
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11090
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan View Post
I'd venture to say solid QB play would have won quite a few more games this season.

Cassel: 12 INT, 9 FUM
Quinn: 8 INT, 1 FUM

That's 30 TO's right there. Granted not all of them were their faults, but let's face it, it's amazing that they kept the games as close as they did considering that seemingly everytime the defense took the field it was either short or they were tired because the offense just went 3nOut for the 4th time that half.
Off the top of my head....The team beats Baltimore, Pitt, Denver, and Indy with even marginal QB play.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,958
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #125
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is online now
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Or big chocolate dicks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 31,958
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #126
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Can't wait until Tyler Wilson skyrockets this spring and we take him. The kids football IQ, talent and toughness will shine at the Senior Bowl and combine.

What will set him apart is his leadership. There is not a better leader in this class than Tyler Wilson.
Geno Smith is already ahead of him and his football IQ will likely shine at the workouts too.

Wilson is going to have a hard time passing Smith. Not that he couldn't - just gonna be difficult.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #127
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Basically all Kiper/Mcshay/Mayock do is look at measurables.

They cannot however measure the intangibles like leadership, heart, determination, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Can't wait until Tyler Wilson skyrockets this spring and we take him. The kids football IQ, talent and toughness will shine at the Senior Bowl and combine.

What will set him apart is his leadership. There is not a better leader in this class than Tyler Wilson.
Molitoth - do you now see how stupid your post looks when put into context?

Get that shit out of here - leadership is a litmus test, not a driving factor. What wins in this league is talent and yes, you can measure talent. Russell Wilson doesn't win because of "heart" or "determination", he wins because he's a foolishly great athlete with great instincts and sense for the position. I underestimated his potential because of his size and accuracy concerns - I clearly didn't do enough homework.

This Olympics-style human interest shit bores me to tears. Physical talent and intelligence wins ballgames. Leadership can put you over the hump, but we'll worry about that when we get there. Dan Marino was dumb as a hammer and a shit leader, but he won ballgames. Terry Bradshaw was a lazy hillbilly and won 4 Super Bowls. Ryan Fitzpatrick is brilliant and he sucks. Matt Cassel, by all accounts, works as hard as anyone and is as 'determined' as Tom Brady to not blow - he still does.

Blah blah blah - they don't look for heart - blah. Bullshit. Determination does show up on tape and drive shows up in interviews. The good evaluators spot that stuff, the bad ones don't.

Mel Kiper is lazy and doesn't do his homework, it's really as simple as that.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #128
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8834
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Molitoth - do you now see how stupid your post looks when put into context?

Get that shit out of here - leadership is a litmus test, not a driving factor. What wins in this league is talent and yes, you can measure talent. Russell Wilson doesn't win because of "heart" or "determination", he wins because he's a foolishly great athlete with great instincts and sense for the position. I underestimated his potential because of his size and accuracy concerns - I clearly didn't do enough homework.

This Olympics-style human interest shit bores me to tears. Physical talent and intelligence wins ballgames. Leadership can put you over the hump, but we'll worry about that when we get there. Dan Marino was dumb as a hammer and a shit leader, but he won ballgames. Terry Bradshaw was a lazy hillbilly and won 4 Super Bowls. Ryan Fitzpatrick is brilliant and he sucks. Matt Cassel, by all accounts, works as hard as anyone and is as 'determined' as Tom Brady to not blow - he still does.

Blah blah blah - they don't look for heart - blah. Bullshit. Determination does show up on tape and drive shows up in interviews. The good evaluators spot that stuff, the bad ones don't.

Mel Kiper is lazy and doesn't do his homework, it's really as simple as that.
The Marino reference is interesting - there's a reason he set a few dozen NFL records but doesn't have a ring.

The "it" factor is what separates the Montana's from the Marino's. it's what separates Aaron Rodgers from Jay Cutler.

Heart, determination, poise under pressure - they all ABSOLUTELY matter.
Posts: 61,900
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #129
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The Marino reference is interesting - there's a reason he set a few dozen NFL records but doesn't have a ring.

The "it" factor is what separates the Montana's from the Marino's. it's what separates Aaron Rodgers from Jay Cutler.

Heart, determination, poise under pressure - they all ABSOLUTELY matter.
They matter, but in the margins. And ultimately, a ton of it is rear-view mirror analysis. Brett Favre is 'a leader' but had he not had Reggie White on his team, we'd look back at him as a dipshit rube gunslinger that frat-boyed the Packers out of a championship or two.

If John Elway doesn't get Terrel Davis in the backfield, he's still a punchline.

We call those guys great leaders in hindsight because they won, but it's a Chicken/egg argument, IMO.

There are a handful of truly great leaders that have come into the league. Montana is among them and perhaps Brady as well. Those guys are outliers and not what you demand in a QB.

I don't think either Manning falls into that category and I'm not convinced Rodgers does either. Those are just excellent QBs with insane talent. What separates Rodgers from Cutler is accuracy, decisionmaking and to a lesser degree, mobility. Oh, and Cutler is revered by his teammates, for what it's worth. Folks in Chicago say that his leadership in that lockerroom is superlative. But sometimes he's just a goddamn lunatic on the field and thats why they don't win.

What kept Marino from a Super Bowl was no running game and no pass rush. Had he had either of those things, he'd have gotten a ring or two and we wouldn't be blitzing him as a shitty leader, just as we don't blitz Elway or Favre.

A complete lack of leadership and character will kill a QB, look at Fatmarcus. But most of them have enough to pass the litmus test question. At that point its talent and decisionmaking - which you can see on the tape.

The panting 'leader' platitudes are for national talking heads that love to analyze in the rearview rather than do their homework ahead of time.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #130
gochiefss gochiefss is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Still think Teo's going to be the pick. That guy just looks like a Chief.
Posts: 90
gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #131
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $8096
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They matter, but in the margins. And ultimately, a ton of it is rear-view mirror analysis. Brett Favre is 'a leader' but had he not had Reggie White on his team, we'd look back at him as a dipshit rube gunslinger that frat-boyed the Packers out of a championship or two.

If John Elway doesn't get Terrel Davis in the backfield, he's still a punchline.

We call those guys great leaders in hindsight because they won, but it's a Chicken/egg argument, IMO.

There are a handful of truly great leaders that have come into the league. Montana is among them and perhaps Brady as well. Those guys are outliers and not what you demand in a QB.

I don't think either Manning falls into that category and I'm not convinced Rodgers does either. Those are just excellent QBs with insane talent. What separates Rodgers from Cutler is accuracy, decisionmaking and to a lesser degree, mobility. Oh, and Cutler is revered by his teammates, for what it's worth. Folks in Chicago say that his leadership in that lockerroom is superlative. But sometimes he's just a goddamn lunatic on the field and thats why they don't win.

What kept Marino from a Super Bowl was no running game and no pass rush. Had he had either of those things, he'd have gotten a ring or two and we wouldn't be blitzing him as a shitty leader, just as we don't blitz Elway or Favre.

A complete lack of leadership and character will kill a QB, look at Fatmarcus. But most of them have enough to pass the litmus test question. At that point its talent and decisionmaking - which you can see on the tape.

The panting 'leader' platitudes are for national talking heads that love to analyze in the rearview rather than do their homework ahead of time.
RB's in that Broncos running scheme are/were expendable...they were churning out 1,000 yd backs like it was nothing after TD. Broncos would have been fine and IMO still would have made the SB.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 30,975
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #132
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefss View Post
Still think Teo's going to be the pick. That guy just looks like a Chief.
Racist?
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #133
Flachief58 Flachief58 is online now
Duck the Fonkeys
 
Flachief58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $7008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefss View Post
Still think Teo's going to be the pick. That guy just looks like a Chief.
Yes but, you're a dumass so....yeah
Posts: 5,255
Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #134
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a cancerous meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $11648
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefss View Post
Still think Teo's going to be the pick. That guy just looks like a Chief.
An ILB? #1 overall?

Clueless ****
Posts: 51,627
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #135
gochiefss gochiefss is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Houston, Teo, DJ, Hali

That will be a great linebacking corp next year
Posts: 90
gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.gochiefss < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:19 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.