Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM  
ChiefsandO'sfan ChiefsandO'sfan is offline
Alex Smith
 
ChiefsandO'sfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $1449244
Don Banks from SI on Chiefs Coaching/GM

• Kansas City -- The general consensus among the league sources I interviewed was that the high level of fan unrest in Kansas City would probably lead Chiefs owner Clark Hunt to make the personally difficult decision to replace general manager Scott Pioli, and not just head coach Romeo Crennel. Hunt and Pioli remain close, so there's a chance Pioli returns, especially if there's a head coach hire that Pioli can sell to Hunt as the potential difference maker. Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz is a name long linked to Pioli dating from their days together in Cleveland, and he always surfaces as a possible Pioli hire.

If Pioli isn't retained, he won't be out of work for long, because his personnel judgments are still widely respected throughout the league -- at least outside of Kansas City. It was thought the Chiefs might pursue Bill Polian as a GM candidate, but sources say there has not been contact between the two, even though Polian was thought to be willing to listen.

Other potential GM hires by the Chiefs are plentiful, but they include San Francisco's Gamble, Green Bay director of football operations John Dorsey and Indianapolis vice president of football operations Tom Telesco.

Dorsey is known for having a good eye for talent, and his college scouting background gives him a strong draft pedigree. He has worked under both Ted Thompson and Ron Wolf in Green Bay, two of the most respected personnel evaluators in recent NFL history, and sources say he's ready and willing to pursue all GM opportunities after turning down offers to interview last year.

On the coaching side, Arians, who might win the NFL Coach of the Year award for the job he did as the Colts' interim, is a name that has surfaced in Kansas City. His track record for quarterback coaching is respected, and his résumé includes successful stints with the likes of Peyton Manning in Indy, Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and this year's impressive rookie season by the Colts' Andrew Luck.

On the defensive side of the ball, Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has again done a superb job with the talent he has on hand, and his work has as much to do with the Bengals returning to the playoffs as any other factor. He has been long considered a quality head coaching candidate, and his son, Adam Zimmer, is currently a defensive assistant on Crennel's staff.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2GIFg6Ne3
Posts: 16,301
ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.ChiefsandO'sfan is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #196
BCD BCD is online now
Blank
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: My Kenworth
Casino cash: $10199453
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
As for why Palko was on the roster? That was a lot more Pioli than Haley, and fits the overall theme that Pioli didn't want anyone on the roster that could possibly create a QB controversy. It's not like Pioli brought anyone into training camp to compete with Tyler Palko, unless you count Croyle/Guttierez, two guys who were so bad they aren't in the league anymore.

Case closed.
Well, Haley knew Palko. So, he does share some of that blame. Pioli, however, is in charge of personnel.

People seem to think Haley let Orton ride the bench for a month or something.

I don't care about Todd, but I find it funny how there can be so much hate towards him when he was force-fed Cassel and had a shit boss like Pioli.
Posts: 49,239
BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BCD has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #197
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $98515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
With all respect, Mr. Rausch, I don't believe that is the case.

He had to play somebody. He put Orton in as soon as he could and he got hurt on his first play. Evidence suggests that Haley was told not to play Stanzi under any circumstances. Who was left?

There is also good reason to believe (Babb's report) that Haley wanted Hasselbeck and was told by Pioli to go pound sand.

To me, it appears that Pioli painted the entire franchise in a corner with Cassel. That, I believe, is the root problem in respect to Palko, et al.

FAX
Fax wins, game over.
Posts: 11,007
Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #198
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121677
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
And therein is the problem. Good coaches don't get desperate, they get determined.

Forget all of the draws on 3rd downs and shit, that flea flicker against Chicago was the dumbest thing Haley did during a game as HC of the Chiefs.
I understand the strategy. New QB with no experience with the playbook, probably start with a few run plays as he gets his feet wet. That being said, don't think it was desperation as much as it was Haley trying to be way too cute. Not a good playcall. I would have gone with playaction instead.
Posts: 18,908
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #199
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Well, Haley knew Palko. So, he does share some of that blame. Pioli, however, is in charge of personnel.

People seem to think Haley let Orton ride the bench for a month of something.

I don't care about Todd, but I find it funny how there can be so much hate towards him when he was force-fed Cassel and had a shit boss like Pioli.
I don't think it's unusual for coaches to bring journeymen in to fill out your roster. If the GM does nothing to add a new guy to replace that journeyman, that's on the GM. All Pioli had to do was bring in a cheap veteran to play backup. The reason we didn't bring in that veteran is because we all know that Pioli didn't want to bring in QB competition.
Posts: 18,908
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #200
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1076490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Well, Haley knew Palko. So, he does share some of that blame. Pioli, however, is in charge of personnel.

People seem to think Haley let Orton ride the bench for a month or something.

I don't care about Todd, but I find it funny how there can be so much hate towards him when he was force-fed Cassel and had a shit boss like Pioli.
THIS.
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 57,865
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #201
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I own up to that. I exaggerated, but at least I'm willing to admit it. But the argument is moving the uprights. The reason people rejected drafting Okung wasn't because they loved Albert's future. It's because they didn't want to spend a high pick on a lineman, let alone one they weren't in love with.
LOL. Wrong again.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #202
BossChief BossChief is offline
Eric Ebron, please.
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $5358449
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
And therein is the problem. Good coaches don't get desperate, they get determined.

Forget all of the draws on 3rd downs and shit, that flea flicker against Chicago was the dumbest thing Haley did during a game as HC of the Chiefs.
Let me give you Matt Cassel and Tyler Palko as your quarterbacks and then take away 3 of your best players including 2 of your 3 best offensive players.

You'd get desperate, too.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 28,365
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #203
BigRock BigRock is offline
Pritay Pritay Pritay Good
 
BigRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The State of Euphoria
Casino cash: $63252
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He put Orton in and immediately ran one of the longest-developing plays in the game of football, against one of the best pass-rushing defenses in all of football.
Bears were 19th in sacks, 19th in DVOA QB pressure.
Posts: 5,888
BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigRock Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #204
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
LOL. Wrong again.
Go ahead and read the threads. The majority of people didn't want Russell Okung because we didn't like Russell Okung. And because we wanted a playmaker, which is why we wanted Berry over Okung. And because we didn't want to draft yet another lineman.

There were a lot of people who were dissatisfied with Albert but didn't want Okung. And there were a few who were patient and thought Albert deserved a little more time. But there was pretty much nobody that thought that in 2009 was anything close to acceptable. And in 2010, there were a whole lot less.
Posts: 18,908
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #205
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1076490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Let me give you Matt Cassel and Tyler Palko as your quarterbacks and then take away 3 of your best players including 2 of your 3 best offensive players.

You'd get desperate, too.
The measure of a man is how you handle adversity.

Haley handled it like a 14-year old kid, on acid.
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 57,865
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #206
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1076490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRock View Post
Bears were 19th in sacks, 19th in DVOA QB pressure.
They're still the Bears and it's still a stupid, stupid playcall.
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 57,865
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #207
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Go ahead and read the threads. The majority of people didn't want Russell Okung because we didn't like Russell Okung. And because we wanted a playmaker, which is why we wanted Berry over Okung. And because we didn't want to draft yet another lineman.

There were a lot of people who were dissatisfied with Albert but didn't want Okung. And there were a few who were patient and thought Albert deserved a little more time. But there was pretty much nobody that thought that in 2009 was anything close to acceptable. And in 2010, there were a whole lot less.
There was one guy who was dissatisfied with Albert. I remember because i have always had albert's back. You are attempting to rewrite history.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #208
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121677
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The measure of a man is how you handle adversity.

Haley handled it like a 14-year old kid, on acid.
That's true. But I also have seen great workers do terrible work because of overbearing bosses. If Pioli tried to even do a fraction of the micromanagement to Bellichick or Coughlin, I can't even imagine the shitstorm that would have followed. They probably would have quit and made a public embarrassment of Pioli.
Posts: 18,908
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #209
BossChief BossChief is offline
Eric Ebron, please.
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $5358449
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The measure of a man is how you handle adversity.

Haley handled it like a 14-year old kid, on acid.
I disagree, but whats done is done and its not really worth a continuing discussion.

I just think that Haley will land somewhere as a HC and flourish when he is able to chose his staff and players.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 28,365
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #210
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
There was one guy who was dissatisfied with Albert. I remember because i have always had albert's back. You are attempting to rewrite history.
One guy? Interesting. You should read the thread I posted above when Jared Gaither was signed. I've always had Albert's back too. Doesn't mean there wasn't some conversation about whether Albert should be moved to Guard or Right Tackle, and a lot of conversation about how he wasn't progressing as a pass protector. Or that he hadn't established himself as a franchise left tackle.

In either event... NOBODY thought Albert was playing like a franchise left tackle in 2009 or 2010. Any of his backers believed in his potential, not in the way he was playing.
Posts: 18,908
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.