Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 AM  
Marty Mac Ver 2.0 Marty Mac Ver 2.0 is offline
SaveOurChiefs.com
 
Marty Mac Ver 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans

I am completely astounded at how Chiefs fans are becoming increasingly polarized over certain players. Prior to this season, Matt Cassel was a prime example.

Now it's Geno Smith.

The kid is one of the top talents in this draft. Yet people shit all over him and they don't even watch game tape. Yet this kid is very polarizing almost how Eagle fans were in a tizzy over Donovan McNabb before the draft, during the selection announcement itself and after the draft.

Its a very interesting dynamic.
Posts: 1,590
Marty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMarty Mac Ver 2.0 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
WhiteWhale WhiteWhale is offline
Veteran
 
WhiteWhale's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doo-Dah
Casino cash: $6412
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?
Because he's not a 'running QB'.

He's an athletic pocket passer. There's a difference.
Posts: 4,307
WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #47
CaliforniaChief CaliforniaChief is offline
The Franchise
 
CaliforniaChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Casino cash: $7127
Like I said, when the new GM and new HC sit down for their 15 minute interview with Geno Smith, they'll be smitten. When they watch him zip passes all over the field on his pro day, they'll fall in love. And when the Commish calls his name and he puts on a Chiefs hat and holds up his new Chiefs jersey, there will be much fappage.
__________________
"Chiefs fans arenít having it." -Jason Whitlock
Posts: 12,465
CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.CaliforniaChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #48
Flachief58 Flachief58 is offline
Duck the Fonkeys
 
Flachief58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5868
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX
Idiots, the lot of them. Who gives a flying rats ass what color the QB is....The only color that matters when it comes to the NFL is silver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SB trophy.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	103087  
Posts: 5,184
Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #49
TEX TEX is offline
I SURVIVED Herm, Scott & Matt!
 
TEX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $6799
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?
This.
__________________
Welcome to the National FIXED League...
My new FAVORITE Numbers are 43 & 8...
Posts: 14,578
TEX has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #50
candyman candyman is offline
Starter
 
candyman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?
They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.
Posts: 193
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #51
InChiefsHell InChiefsHell is offline
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!
 
InChiefsHell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Casino cash: $7837
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.
Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.
__________________

We have a million reasons for failure, but not one excuse...
Die Donks, DIE!!

A quote:
"Oh well, there's always next year. We'll be better then, you'll see..." - Every Chiefs fan for the last 42...crap...43 years...

Quit listening to all that crappy new music and check out HEADSTRONG!
Posts: 12,999
InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #52
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is offline
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $5809
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.
__________________
http://www.goemaw.com
Posts: 46,046
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #53
candyman candyman is offline
Starter
 
candyman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it or not everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.
Posts: 193
candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #54
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $5657
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
People hear one "guru" on ESPN say Geno Smith is an average prospect or that there are no good QB's in this class and like lemmings they jump in the left tackle pond.

One of the things I'm more confident of than most is that by the end of the combine, pro day, and general evaluation period, that Geno Smith will stand out as the #1 guy with a very bright future in the NFL.

-Very strong arm.
-Great leadership skills.
-Great work ethic.
-Takes responsibility for the play of the whole team.
-High intelligence.
-Can run when the pocket collapses.
-Playmaker.
-Respected by his teammates.
-Perfect body size for NFL QB (6'3", 220 lbs.)
-3 year college starter. (Played in 43 games)
-Clean off-field record.
-Articulate and confident with the media as potential "face of the franchise."

Anything else these idiots want?
This

Hell last year Luck was the only sure fire No.1 QB until after the combine, private workouts etc.... then RG was right there with Luck and in some circles was rumored he might be the No.1 pick over Luck. Not to worry, just let the 'pimping begin' and our beloved Chiefs will have our very own Cam/RGIII combo QB(RG's intelligence/maturity and more of Cam's physical athleticism with a better arm than both RG/Cam).
Posts: 12,049
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #55
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.
Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,550
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #56
WhiteWhale WhiteWhale is offline
Veteran
 
WhiteWhale's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Doo-Dah
Casino cash: $6412
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.
Racism is the belief that one race is superior in some way to another. In reality there is no such thing as 'race'. It's all nonsense based on a few physical features. Buying stereotypes out of ignorance (of a QB's ability for example) is a perfect example of racism.

It doesn't require hate of any kind actually. That's bigotry.

It drives me crazy how people, especially the media, constantly misuse these words.
Posts: 4,307
WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.WhiteWhale wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #57
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $10992
I get that its fun to speculate, but personally, i'm not going to get all tied in a knot about ANY of these guys.

We have no idea what 2013 will hold or what the new regime will see in any of these guys or want in their QB.

Have fun with it, but i dont get all of the gnashing of teeth... we'll get the guy "they" pick and hopefully we can get behind and support him.
Posts: 28,185
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #58
Flachief58 Flachief58 is offline
Duck the Fonkeys
 
Flachief58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5868
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.
My guess is that when black QBs start winning SBs on a regular basis, all of this stupidity will stop. Until then there will always be those who's small minds wont allow them to look past a persons color
Posts: 5,184
Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Flachief58 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #59
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $5863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.
Yup.

The majority of racism I see has nothing to do with hate, or any such strong emotion. It has to do with little things, like lowered expectations.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,564
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #60
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $5657
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.
Right on the mark !!!

Racists "always" SEE COLOR FIRST regardless of the facts whether they be a black panther racist/Farrakhan-Nation of Islam racist or a white KKK racist. In their demented racist world 'skin color MUST always come first' in order to keep the hate and the fires of denial lit at all times !! Just like our Progressive dominated media

People who stereotype are just uneducated/inexperienced to the real world facts of life.
Posts: 12,049
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.