Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:24 PM  
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16608
VARSITY
Why people laugh at Creationists

Taking a lead from Killer Clown I thought I'd create a alternative thread to post some videos I like...

[EDIT New video here]

So on with the show:

Here's the Kent Hovind Theory:



"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Last edited by Dave Lane; 01-08-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Posts: 25,415
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1516
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
So you're afraid to share your belief for fear of it being proven wrong huh? That's OK, that's about what I expected...

But it's sure neat that you have devised a chronological order of knowledge to apply to a civilization. I'm sure that will come in handy.

I've never been one to think that any idea or topic is beyond current human understanding though. Limiting or delaying our understanding, or thinking that we know enough about anything, is a pretty frightening way to live life in my opinion.
My belief doesn't make something fact no more than yours does. This is what makes evolution a religion. IMO is just that.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,635
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1517
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
My belief doesn't make something fact no more than yours does. This is what makes evolution a religion. IMO is just that.
I can see why it would appear that way to you.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,163
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #1518
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $11301
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
My belief doesn't make something fact no more than yours does. This is what makes evolution a religion. IMO is just that.
You are quite right about the first sentence. But not the second.

Evolution is not based on belief. It's based on repeatable observation. We can observe a species, and then observe them again at a later date in time, and note special changes. That one simple fact is what makes it different than a religious belief.

Let's use an example. Say I have a species of ants. I observe and record the ant physiology over 40 years of my life. At the end of my 40 years, I can compare my observations, and note the changes. I've had complete control of the ant environment for 40 years, to ensure there were no outside influences. I can offer evidence such as continuous video recording to prove that my ant experiment happened exactly according to my observations. I can hold up an ant from the end of the experiment, and compare it to ones preserved at the beginning of the experiment, to directly show physical changes. All of that is actual evidence I have that evolution occurred over the 40 years of the ant species.

Now let's attempt the same example with religious Creation. But where to start? We have no evidence of an experimenter. In the evolution example, we can show exactly who the experimenter was. We have proof the experimenter existed. But we cannot prove that a God existed. Huge difference. OK, moving on... Do we have proof the experiment happened? Nobody recorded the biblical creation, so no. Can we look at fossil records to show that the experiment happened? No, as fossil records actually show the opposite, indicating that the Earth is billions of years old instead. So where's the evidence? We can't seem to find any for the biblical creation. In our evolution experiment, we easily had lots of evidence to point to.

Comparing the two experiments, one provided a great deal of evidence. And one did not. One of the experiments is considered a belief. The other is a proven scientific theory.
__________________
Posts: 26,226
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #1519
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $9972
bah humbug!!

beliefs, scientific theories, who gives a shit?

fat scott is still gm...

now THAT'S a fact, unfortunately...
Posts: 30,459
go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #1520
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
bah humbug!!

beliefs, scientific theories, who gives a shit?

fat scott is still gm...

now THAT'S a fact, unfortunately...
Ahhh on this we can agree. I'll keep mine,you keep yours and Scott Pioli gets fired...triple crown!
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,635
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #1521
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $9972
oh, provable observations are not facts, they are just theories about facts, a belief system if you will...

and it's just an ad hominem strawman attack, anyway...

happy ****ing new year guys!
Posts: 30,459
go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.go bowe has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #1522
ChiefRocka ChiefRocka is offline
Veteran
 
ChiefRocka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MD
Casino cash: $8411
So where is the proof of how the first organism came to be?
Posts: 2,048
ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.ChiefRocka would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #1523
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
So where is the proof of how the first organism came to be?
That's not an issue of evolution. I think that has been mentioned once or twice before.
__________________
Posts: 20,555
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #1524
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
So where is the proof of how the first organism came to be?

It's over there in the corner. In that bucket labeled "Where God Came From."
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,163
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #1525
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
It's over there in the corner. In that bucket labeled "Where God Came From."
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~
Posts: 24,696
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #1526
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16608
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
bah humbug!!

beliefs, scientific theories, who gives a shit?

fat scott is still gm...

now THAT'S a fact, unfortunately...
No thats a disaster on a biblical scale so it does belong in here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,415
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #1527
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16608
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
It's over there in the corner. In that bucket labeled "Where God Came From."
JFC I can't rep you again, I can't believe a donkey fan is becoming my new favorite poster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,415
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #1528
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16608
VARSITY
Fantastic Neil deGrasse Tyson discussion on "God of the gaps"

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,415
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1529
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
My belief doesn't make something fact no more than yours does. This is what makes evolution a religion. IMO is just that.


Black Guy - just laid out tons of facts about evolution and explained everything in detail with facts backing every little thing up.

White Guy - Killer Clown
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #1530
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post


Black Guy - just laid out tons of facts about evolution and explained everything in detail with facts backing every little thing up.

White Guy - Killer Clown
Well except for the fact it didn't happen, I know you're still hurting from my insults to bat guano.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,635
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.