Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM  
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $5005
Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged)

I just saw it on his Facebook status...

UPDATE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan View Post
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Update from @mortreport: Cards visit with Andy Reid is off, Chiefs have not scheduled other visits with candidates, hoping to wrap deal Fri.

Last edited by DaFace; 01-03-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Posts: 5,974
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #2956
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Let me quote a news article real quick

Quote:
In Week 3 against the New Orleans Saints, a brutal elbow injury forced Dexter McCluster to exit the game. Last year, it was Jamaal Charles with a torn ACL. This season, Kansas City can’t afford to lose McCluster, who finally began to emerge as a consistent playmaker for the Chiefs offense.
Boom, nuff said.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #2957
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
He is a playmaker, because he has made plays. In the most dismal of offenses, he's been pretty effective compared to the rest of the team. If we didn't have Charles here we'd use McCluster nearly as much as the Raiders use McFadden and just LEAN on him for production. Luckily Charles is here and one of the best backs in the league, so we don't have to use McCluster like that. Instead, since our WR group blows ass, we can line him up in the slot and toss little baby screens over his head for incompletions.

Let me ask you this question, who is the bigger bust?

Baldwin with the 1st round pick, or McCluster with the 2nd round pick?
Both are busts IMO. Both are similar due to their position selected draft wise, the available talent on the board, and also due to need. One can make an argument that drafting Baldwin was more vital than DMC due to the horrific receiving corp KC had at the time (Kevin Curtis).

DMC had all of 2011 to prove he was a playmaker, despite the shitty circumstances. I'd like to see what he could contribute with Geno but I'm not holding my breath and I would definitely draft Austin this year anyways. His 3 cone and shuttle times won't be significantly different and his 40 will be a full second + faster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,060
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 AM   #2958
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Both are busts IMO. Both are similar due to their position selected draft wise, the available talent on the board, and also due to need. One can make an argument that drafting Baldwin was more vital than DMC due to the horrific receiving corp KC had at the time (Kevin Curtis).

DMC had all of 2011 to prove he was a playmaker, despite the shitty circumstances. I'd like to see what he could contribute with Geno but I'm not holding my breath and I would definitely draft Austin this year anyways. His 3 cone and shuttle times won't be significantly different and his 40 will be a full second + faster.
And this is where we differ, because I am holding my breath to see what we could do with Geno and i completely agree with you on Austin.

If you look at what we've managed to do so badly this year, McCluster is actually one of our better guys on the squad, that is not up for debate, that is a fact. He's incredibly versatile and on a team where we've got nothing but shit from Baldwin and Breaston, our two biggest pickups for the WR group since Bowe, McCluster has been at least productive.

Edit: And if we get Reid and Geno, and they both play in the WCO offense with that screen game, I think McCluster and Charles will slaughter it next year and years to come.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 AM   #2959
RunKC RunKC is offline
Just a humble bounty hunter
 
RunKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Both are busts IMO. Both are similar due to their position selected draft wise, the available talent on the board, and also due to need. One can make an argument that drafting Baldwin was more vital than DMC due to the horrific receiving corp KC had at the time (Kevin Curtis).

DMC had all of 2011 to prove he was a playmaker, despite the shitty circumstances. I'd like to see what he could contribute with Geno but I'm not holding my breath and I would definitely draft Austin this year anyways. His 3 cone and shuttle times won't be significantly different and his 40 will be a full second + faster.
Deep down I'm really curious to know what plans Andy Reid had for McCluster in Philly. I think if any coach could make him into something, it's him.
Posts: 5,601
RunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #2960
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
And this is where we differ, because I am holding my breath to see what we could do with Geno and i completely agree with you on Austin.

If you look at what we've managed to do so badly this year, McCluster is actually one of our better guys on the squad, that is not up for debate, that is a fact. He's incredibly versatile and on a team where we've got nothing but shit from Baldwin and Breaston, our two biggest pickups for the WR group since Bowe, McCluster has been at least productive.

Edit: And if we get Reid and Geno, and they both play in the WCO offense with that screen game, I think McCluster and Charles will slaughter it next year and years to come.
Breaston was productive in 2011 sans Charles. Obvious.

DMC could be versatile in the fact he could *play* both RB and operate out of the Z. However, he isn't fast, is exceptionally undersized, and has poor ball security. I'd like to see him do well but I think at this point he's eating a roster spot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,060
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #2961
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Deep down I'm really curious to know what plans Andy Reid had for McCluster in Philly. I think if any coach could make him into something, it's him.
Think, Brian Westbrook in their receiving game. That is what comes to my mind.

One thing I give McCluster more than anyone for guys his size, he probably picks up more yards per touch in effort alone, than anyone else. I can't count how many times I've seen this kid propel himself from the opponents knee height, and get an extra 4-5 yards before he was touched.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #2962
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Breaston was productive in 2011 sans Charles. Obvious.

DMC could be versatile in the fact he could *play* both RB and operate out of the Z. However, he isn't fast, is exceptionally undersized, and has poor ball security. I'd like to see him do well but I think at this point he's eating a roster spot.
I can't really argue with that assessment given the circumstances that happened this year with Breston, Baldwin, and the team as a whole. I think with Breaston, Baldwin, and Bowe healthy and active and wanting to play this game, I think you are right. McCluster is eating up a roster spot.

However, I think when the situation comes where you need a guy to play his ass off for that extra yard, McCluster blows everyone out of the water except for Bowe, and I think that is why he gets his shot at that roster spot.

He is the Danny Woodhead of the Chiefs, no more, no less. I'd honestly wager a lifetime ban bet with anyone who disagrees with me here, but I'd go as far to say that if we had a WCO guy like Reid here, with a QB that doesn't eat feces for breakfast, McCluster could be more productive here than Woodhead in New England. That doesn't say a whole hell of a lot because neither are throwing up big stats, but they both come up big when you need them to.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #2963
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Think, Brian Westbrook in their receiving game. That is what comes to my mind.

One thing I give McCluster more than anyone for guys his size, he probably picks up more yards per touch in effort alone, than anyone else. I can't count how many times I've seen this kid propel himself from the opponents knee height, and get an extra 4-5 yards before he was touched.
Primarily on stretch plays and toss-sweeps. He really doesn't do that in the middle of the field, which is where ideally he should be doing it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,060
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #2964
Guru Guru is offline
Win a playoff game will ya!!!!
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $5329
VARSITY
This was a great thread until the last two pages of complete horseshit.
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 53,100
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #2965
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $5180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
I can't really argue with that assessment given the circumstances that happened this year with Breston, Baldwin, and the team as a whole. I think with Breaston, Baldwin, and Bowe healthy and active and wanting to play this game, I think you are right. McCluster is eating up a roster spot.

However, I think when the situation comes where you need a guy to play his ass off for that extra yard, McCluster blows everyone out of the water except for Bowe, and I think that is why he gets his shot at that roster spot.

He is the Danny Woodhead of the Chiefs, no more, no less. I'd honestly wager a lifetime ban bet with anyone who disagrees with me here, but I'd go as far to say that if we had a WCO guy like Reid here, with a QB that doesn't eat feces for breakfast, McCluster could be more productive here than Woodhead in New England. That doesn't say a whole hell of a lot because neither are throwing up big stats, but they both come up big when you need them to.
Danny is a better route-runner, faster, runner on inside zone plays and power plays, and a more competent pass protector. Additionally, he is quite larger than DMC, which allows him to chip and release in packages.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,060
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #2966
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Primarily on stretch plays and toss-sweeps. He really doesn't do that in the middle of the field, which is where ideally he should be doing it.
I could be seriously mistaken, but the majority of the snaps I've seen McCluster being the primary target, he isn't primarily going inside, and if he does, by the time he gets the ball he's outside of the hash marks give or take. He's more of a perimeter screen receiver type.

I'm drawing a blank but there used to be a lions receiver in the mid 90s who was utilized in their offense in that exact fashion. Very productive guy, but wasn't a solid #1 or #2 receiver.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #2967
FAX FAX is offline
testing ... 1, 2, 3
 
FAX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
This was a great thread until the last two pages of complete horseshit.
Unfortunately, a common phenomenon when Mr. BlackBob is in attendance.

FAX
Posts: 37,639
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #2968
AussieChiefsFan AussieChiefsFan is offline
Mayday .... All Day
 
AussieChiefsFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Casino cash: $5125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life View Post
Ya but why bring that up now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
He's dumb. But what did he do now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life View Post
My point exactly
He said Reid is very overrated.
__________________
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: Sean "The Beard" McGrath
Posts: 12,234
AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.AussieChiefsFan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #2969
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
This was a great thread until the last two pages of complete horseshit.
Actually it is turning around, we're talking about McCluster in a Reid/Geno offense, hop on board or get off the train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
Danny is a better route-runner, faster, runner on inside zone plays and power plays, and a more competent pass protector. Additionally, he is quite larger than DMC, which allows him to chip and release in packages.
I know Woodhead is about two tenths of a second faster in the combine in terms of raw speed, but I'd argue that Dexter is faster at going from Catch to full speed than Woodhead, and more patient in the screen game.

I watch a LOT of Patriots tape because they are my #2 team and I love the way both Woodhead and McCluster are utilized in both offenses, I just wish we had the HOF QB to plug into our own.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #2970
Guru Guru is offline
Win a playoff game will ya!!!!
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $5329
VARSITY
McCluster shouldn't even be with the team after this year.
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 53,100
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.