Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM  
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $10126
brake line fitting

Busted the line at the fitting on the rear passenger side today. I can't get the fitting off, it seems really soft on both ends. Box wrench and socket wanted to round the edges with the slightest amount of torque. Special tool of tricks?

Orielly didn't know the diameter of.the line either. My chiltons didn't have specs that I seen. I assumed its 3/16.
Posts: 23,022
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #91
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Fluid doesn't compress. If there is no air in the system as soon as fluid moves anywhere it moves everywhere.

Restricted lines or houses cause pulls.


Again, what about a pickup that the line comes from the master to the lf wheel well and the rf line tires into it there and runs all the way to the Rf wheel? Why doesn't the truck pull left?


You are wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you're going to test me on my knowledge, take 5 seconds or 5 hours or however long it takes you to do so, and actually write me a descriptive, intelligible question so that I can answer it.

I am not wrong, braking in just about 90% of the light trucks and cars on the road today is not 100% pressurized and contained, and thus the length of the brake lines from master cylinder to caliper are incredibly important.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #92
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $19012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
He just sidestepped the fact that my analysis was right, and basically admitted he was wrong, and you're agreeing with him.

I've heard it all now.
I don't see myself saying you are right anywhere, in fact I asked why a manufactured vehicle would do the exact opposite of what you are saying
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 30,260
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #93
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $19012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
It is always real world applicable to do things right......

I'm also not fresh out of school either, I've got a decade under my belt as a mechanic, and worked for 2 different dealerships and was co-owner of my own shop until January of this last year.

Safe to say I know a thing or two buddy.



Right?
probably a reason you no longer own a shop. And it's not your expertise...
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 30,260
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #94
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
NM..I just saw your post about your experience. I thought you were just out of school.
its all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
You do realize that brake fluid is non-compressible no?
I take it you have zero working knowledge of the braking system in most cars on the road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
I don't see myself saying you are right anywhere, in fact I asked why a manufactured vehicle would do the exact opposite of what you are saying
Posted via Mobile Device
They aren't doing the exact opposite of what I'm saying you..........I give up arguing with unintelligible backwoods rednecks.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #95
Dayze Dayze is offline
Resident Glue Sniffer
 
Dayze's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $18151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
probably a reason you no longer own a shop. And it's not your expertise...
Posted via Mobile Device
whayyyy ooooooooooo / McMahon
__________________
Life is 99% inspiration, 1% Perspiration, and 1% Attention to Detial.
Posts: 27,354
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #96
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Don't tread on me.
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where the peaches grow
Casino cash: $7545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
probably a reason you no longer own a shop. And it's not your expertise...
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not sure what to make of this guy.
__________________
Urban Meyer: We're going to rotate them right away. We don't redshirt here at Ohio State. We're changing that up. We're going to have the culture out here that there's no redshirting. If you don't play here, it's because you're not good enough. It's not because we're holding you back. We're going to recruit the kind of player where we want them on the field right now. That's the approach we took at Florida, and it's the approach we're going to take here.
Posts: 8,134
El Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #97
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
probably a reason you no longer own a shop. And it's not your expertise...
Posted via Mobile Device
Or because we both did it to stay employed and finish our certs while keeping experience on our resume so that we could both jump straight into Ford that Spring?


No, couldn't be it at all.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #98
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $19012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
If you're going to test me on my knowledge, take 5 seconds or 5 hours or however long it takes you to do so, and actually write me a descriptive, intelligible question so that I can answer it.

I am not wrong, braking in just about 90% of the light trucks and cars on the road today is not 100% pressurized and contained, and thus the length of the brake lines from master cylinder to caliper are incredibly important.
I have you a hypothetical. I know you won't address it because two major manufacturers built their trucks in the 2000s that exact way. just do you know I'm not just working on "farm trucks"
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 30,260
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #99
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
I have you a hypothetical. I know you won't address it because two major manufacturers built their trucks in the 2000s that exact way. just do you know I'm not just working on "farm trucks"
Posted via Mobile Device
You can't even spell properly, and yet you're trying to make a rebuttal.

Really?

Take 5 minutes to write your question in a descriptive manner, and I will answer it.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #100
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Don't tread on me.
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where the peaches grow
Casino cash: $7545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
its all good



I take it you have zero working knowledge of the braking system in most cars on the road?


They aren't doing the exact opposite of what I'm saying you..........I give up arguing with unintelligible backwoods rednecks.
I was just trying to lighten the mood. Jason knows a lot about cars, calling him a shade tree mechanic is ridiculous. You guys should agree to disagree.
__________________
Urban Meyer: We're going to rotate them right away. We don't redshirt here at Ohio State. We're changing that up. We're going to have the culture out here that there's no redshirting. If you don't play here, it's because you're not good enough. It's not because we're holding you back. We're going to recruit the kind of player where we want them on the field right now. That's the approach we took at Florida, and it's the approach we're going to take here.
Posts: 8,134
El Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #101
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $19012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
its all good



I take it you have zero working knowledge of the braking system in most cars on the road?


They aren't doing the exact opposite of what I'm saying you..........I give up arguing with unintelligible backwoods rednecks.
Yes they are.

The lines tee, actually the sorter line is a straight dot from the steel to the hose and goesDIRECTLY to the lf wheel. The rf steel screws in at a ninety to the steel from the master and them Goss ALL THE WAY TO THE RF. Why doesn't it pull left? by your incorrect theory the fluid should get to the lf quite a bit earlier. But it doesn't.


Obviously you haven't worked on many vehicles or you would know exactly the vehicles in talking about
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 30,260
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #102
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $19012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
You can't even spell properly, and yet you're trying to make a rebuttal.

Really?

Take 5 minutes to write your question in a descriptive manner, and I will answer it.
lol now playing spell check to deflect huh?

Good move.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 30,260
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #103
Dayze Dayze is offline
Resident Glue Sniffer
 
Dayze's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $18151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Yes they are.

The lines tee, actually the sorter line is a straight dot from the steel to the hose and goesDIRECTLY to the lf wheel. The rf steel screws in at a ninety to the steel from the master and them Goss ALL THE WAY TO THE RF. Why doesn't it pull left? by your incorrect theory the fluid should get to the lf quite a bit earlier. But it doesn't.


Obviously you haven't worked on many vehicles or you would know exactly the vehicles in talking about
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm sorry..I don't speak Spanish / Burgandy
__________________
Life is 99% inspiration, 1% Perspiration, and 1% Attention to Detial.
Posts: 27,354
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #104
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
I was just trying to lighten the mood. Jason knows a lot about cars, calling him a shade tree mechanic is ridiculous. You guys should agree to disagree.
He could just Agree that I'm right, because I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Yes they are.

The lines tee, actually the sorter line is a straight dot from the steel to the hose and goesDIRECTLY to the lf wheel. The rf steel screws in at a ninety to the steel from the master and them Goss ALL THE WAY TO THE RF. Why doesn't it pull left? by your incorrect theory the fluid should get to the lf quite a bit earlier. But it doesn't.


Obviously you haven't worked on many vehicles out you would know exactly the vehicles in talking about
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh my god dude, seriously? 1. You aren't even defining the make and model of the vehicle you are arguing about, yes it matters. 2. You aren't telling me what braking system is on said vehicle, yes it matters. 3. I can barely understand your backwoods English, fix that.

Don't ****ing argue with me about something as basic as this, if you aren't going to tell me WHAT THE **** YOU ARE ARGUING ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE.


Simply put, in a braking system where there is not always 100% pressure, the length of the brake line indeed matters, because of how the braking system is designed to exert pressure into the system to apply braking pressure.

Herpty derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
lol now playing spell check to deflect huh?

Good move.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't mind arguing with idiots, when I can read what they are saying.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #105
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong here Jason because it is hard to understand you, but are you referencing a Proportioning Valve there?

I'm seriously lost otherwise.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.