Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5000
Do you get a flu shot?

Seems like this flu season is pretty bad so far. Especially here in Boston. All I see on the news is how everyone should get a flu shot.

I have never had a flu shot, there's all sorts of chemical shit that I don't want in my body, the thimerosal (mercury), aluminum and other shit. I don't trust it for a second.

I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu since....I can't even remember when.

I know I know, I'm a batshit crazy dumbass for not trusting it, after all the government tells us we should take it!!
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #106
Stewie Stewie is online now
Supporter
 
Stewie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of the Equator
Casino cash: $5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
And they don't mutate.

It's guaranteed...
They do, but that's not usually an issue once flu season starts. The H3N2 flu going around is the exact same strain that went around in 2002-2003.
Posts: 10,895
Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #107
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
They do, but that's not usually an issue once flu season starts. The H3N2 flu going around is the exact same strain that went around in 2002-2003.
Exactly. H3N2 is always H3N2.

There ARE other non-prevalent strains and mutations though.
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,482
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #108
BWillie BWillie is offline
Future Royals HOF
 
BWillie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Harpooning Whales
Casino cash: $17209
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Keep your hands away from your face and nose....
Just stay away from children. They are dirty dirty little ppl. Rolling around on the floor, touching everything that moves or doesn't move, putting their fingers in their mouth. It seems like ppl who have children or work with children get the flu or get sick 10x times more than ppl who don't.
__________________
Posts: 14,842
BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.BWillie would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #109
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $7994
Never used to get the flu shot. Rest of my family always did.

Then one year I got the flu and they didn't.

After 4 days of what I can only call "total paralysis", I've gotten my flu shot ever since.
Posts: 61,754
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #110
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $6720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
I sir have no agenda and do you honestly believe that the CDC does not have an agenda? I can share with you articles from peer reviewed refereed journals that show that many, not all, researchers give the answers that they are being paid to give. I have two such articles from Harvard researchers no less. All I am saying is don't take the governments word for it. They have an agenda and your health is not their priority.

By the way if you think I have an agenda, what do you think it is? I am retired in Florida after 37 years in healthcare. More than likely I will never meet anyone on this board, so what could my agenda be? Maybe I just have a lot of experience in this area and wish to share it to get people to think on their own and not like a robot and accept the line being put forth by Big Pharma.

Blessings and good health to you all.
Please quit with the fearmongering. Flu vaccines are not systematically poisoning our populace. Yes some doctors are paid to be biased. But that is not proof that the government is knowingly encouraging civilians to take something harmful. There is no government agenda behind vaccinations. Yes they have used vaccines in the past that had traces of things that could potentially be harmful. But today's vaccines are overwhelmingly safe. That doesn't mean that there are no dangers. Just that the dangers are so unlikely that the benefit outweighs the dangers. And there are plenty of independent sources that verify the safety of these vaccines that are in no way tied to the government.
__________________
Posts: 25,792
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #111
Canofbier Canofbier is offline
ESCOBEEF SO STRONG WOAH
 
Canofbier's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Casino cash: $6003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
First I would like to say that I do not post to cause an argument, but to cause people to think outside the box as it were and make intelligent decisions with something as important as ones health. I have made my choices in my life and have been very fortunate. I raised four children who have never been sick. They are 37, 34, 29 and 27 and never been sick, ever. They have never had a shot of any kind in their lives. Their bodies know what to do because they have been raised naturally with a strong belief that the body knows what to do considering they started out as two half dead germ cells, the sperm and the ovum. I believe our Creator does not make junk and the human body needs no help, just no interference. I am by no means telling you what to do, just sharing my experience. You must ask yourself how is what you've been doing working for you? If you or your family is sick a lot maybe it's time for a change? Now to your comments:

Ever consider all the crap that's in the shots and foods that kids years ago didn't get? Consider that maybe, just maybe they have poisoned children and therefore all these new conditions? (Because of weakened immune systems)

Years ago there was not the peanut allergy where a small ingestion of anything with peanuts can cause a child's death. Asthma through the roof. Autism rates are rising at an alarming rate. Used to be one in ten thousand and now one in eighty nine? What changed? Did our bodies forget how to make healthy children? Or could it be we are being poisoned all in the name of science?

As far as smallpox I will paste this article from those much more enlightened on that specific disease than me.
I appreciate your point of view; it's never a bad thing to question what you're being told. However, the article you reference is itself referencing studies and quotes from 40 or 50 years ago. As far as I know, there is no valid, recognized case of Smallpox since 1977, thus invalidating many of the claims of "increased Smallpox mortality" claimed by the article you included. Keep in mind, too, that there are records of smallpox from as early as 1350 BC. I have a very hard time believing that the disappearance of smallpox was the result of any sort of natural process.

If it's indeed true that your children have never been sick in their entire lives, then I applaud you for raising them in a healthy environment; I also consider both you and them to be quite lucky. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much legitimate evidence of a "no-vaccine" solution working on a population or world-wide level.

As far as the increased incidences of allergies and asthma: it's difficult to factually deny those trends. However, attributing them to "increased use of vaccinations and medications" without concrete evidence is not only baseless, but potentially destructive to the health of the world. I would support any valid research that proves the status quo wrong, but where is the foundation for that research? The coincidence of the increased incidence of these unfortunate health problems and increased use of vaccines is hardly conclusive without definitive evidence to tie them together, and to spread that message without proof is completely irresponsible.

I'm glad that people like you question what the authorities are putting out as factual evidence, but there is absolutely no proof that the current view of disease is wrong until your counterpoint is made with as much absolute evidence.
Posts: 3,803
Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Canofbier 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #112
ThaVirus ThaVirus is offline
Nothing is true
 
ThaVirus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Casino cash: $8437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
All I am saying is don't take the governments word for it. They have an agenda and your health is not their priority.
Yeah, this I can agree with..

I have a question, Floridafan. You said your children have never had a single shot; does that mean you never got them vaccinated for anything as children?
__________________
"I don't know how to put this...but I'm kind of a big deal"
Posts: 12,371
ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #113
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $10554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
They do, but that's not usually an issue once flu season starts. The H3N2 flu going around is the exact same strain that went around in 2002-2003.
Am I wrong in assuming that all viruses mutate a very small bit from even person to person?...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 50,960
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #114
memyselfI memyselfI is offline
CHANGEd your mind yet????
 
memyselfI's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lunatics Anonymous
Casino cash: $5077
No. Hell no. The shot makes me sicker than a dog and I end up getting some other strain of the crap anyway.

I don't make my kids get them either. People these days are too gung ho about getting shit injected into their bodies if the government or some Big Pharma or Medical industry says they should.

Like the HPV shot. They tried to pressure me into getting it for my son who is 16. HELLO, that shot is just being introduced in the US and boys his age are the guinea pigs. No thank you. Same for that ridiculous swine flu shot a couple years ago.

Nope.
__________________
Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

BigChiefDave:"Anyone who thought we would only be in Iraq for a few years is either stoned or just stoopid."
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last 6 days, 6 wks. I doubt 6 mths." Rummy 2/7/03
Posts: 31,954
memyselfI has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #115
Floridafan Floridafan is offline
Starter
 
Floridafan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Fl
Casino cash: $5418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canofbier View Post
I appreciate your point of view; it's never a bad thing to question what you're being told. However, the article you reference is itself referencing studies and quotes from 40 or 50 years ago. As far as I know, there is no valid, recognized case of Smallpox since 1977, thus invalidating many of the claims of "increased Smallpox mortality" claimed by the article you included. Keep in mind, too, that there are records of smallpox from as early as 1350 BC. I have a very hard time believing that the disappearance of smallpox was the result of any sort of natural process.

If it's indeed true that your children have never been sick in their entire lives, then I applaud you for raising them in a healthy environment; I also consider both you and them to be quite lucky. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much legitimate evidence of a "no-vaccine" solution working on a population or world-wide level.

As far as the increased incidences of allergies and asthma: it's difficult to factually deny those trends. However, attributing them to "increased use of vaccinations and medications" without concrete evidence is not only baseless, but potentially destructive to the health of the world. I would support any valid research that proves the status quo wrong, but where is the foundation for that research? The coincidence of the increased incidence of these unfortunate health problems and increased use of vaccines is hardly conclusive without definitive evidence to tie them together, and to spread that message without proof is completely irresponsible.

I'm glad that people like you question what the authorities are putting out as factual evidence, but there is absolutely no proof that the current view of disease is wrong until your counterpoint is made with as much absolute evidence.
While I appreciate your response I would say, how can you expect to get funding for any kind of research that does not involve a "pharmaceutical answer". It won't happen. That is why you won't find any mainstream research about the dangers, they have a vested interest in only finding a drug related answer therefore no funding.

I would use a good friend of mine as an example. God rest his soul. He was from the KC area and had four Ph. D's in chemistry. Dr. Delta Gier. He left the "scientific world" because he got fed up with being denied funding when he would find answers to major conditions and be denied funding. The reason? They were vitamin based and therefore Big Pharma could not patent the drug and the research so they were not interested. He ended up in the "alternative" health sciences because he found them searching for the truth not just the profit.

I understand why people think the way they do. We are all bombarded with drug commercials all day long and by the time we are old enough to make a decision for ourselves we assume drugs are the answer.

One of the biggest reasons we don't have the mass deaths anymore from disease is we finally figured out simple sanitation. Believe it or not the Jewish Old Testament taught sanitation to the Jews. That is why they were accused many times in history of poisoning the water etc wherever they lived and were punished. They followed Torah and the Goys were too busy pissing upstream and drinking downstream. What I'm saying is sanitation has taken care of many of the dreaded diseases from the past.

As far as the rest of the world, I can't say. Too many children suffer from malnutrition and unsanitary conditions. I do know that there is a chiropractic hospital in Zimbabwe and they are having phenomenal results with AIDS patients there.

While I know I don't have all the answers I know Big Pharma isn't it. Click on the link in my other post and just see the lawsuits brought on by their deceptive ways of doing business. To them its all about profits, not health, it's been shown too many times to be otherwise.

One last thing You said "but there is absolutely no proof that the current view of disease is wrong until your counterpoint is made with as much absolute evidence"

Our current view of disease is the Germ Theory. Why after all this time is it not called the Germ Law? Because it is a theory nothing more. If it were true we would all be dead. Why did only 1/3 of Europe die of Bubonic Plague, 25 million died, 50 million lived. All were exposed so why? It's called immunity. That is why it makes more sense to keep your immunity strong. My children were not lucky, they were taken care of and we built there immunity in early childhood. We also fed them healthy food and kept their bodies functioning properly. Healthy people don't get sick, sick people get sick. We have been taught that if you feel OK you must be healthy. Wrong. symptoms are nothing more than a warning sign, much like the oil light in a car. You don't fix that with tape over the light, you check the oil pan to make sure your wife didn't rip it off going over a concrete stopper in a parking lot. Watch all the drug commercials, they all talk about getting rid of your symptoms not correcting the underlying cause of the disease. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Floridafan; 01-11-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Posts: 254
Floridafan has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #116
ZepSinger ZepSinger is offline
Veteran
 
ZepSinger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaofred View Post
Never get it and never will. Horrible chemicals in it and the flu stran in it isn't typically the stran for that year. So basically it's worthless.
This.
__________________
test
Posts: 2,740
ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #117
Floridafan Floridafan is offline
Starter
 
Floridafan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Fl
Casino cash: $5418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Yeah, this I can agree with..

I have a question, Floridafan. You said your children have never had a single shot; does that mean you never got them vaccinated for anything as children?
Never a shot for any disease process. I do think my oldest son got a pain shot in his leg when he tore it up on a jet ski. They had to clean all the rocks and coral and stuff out and I knew the cause of his pain. His leg was torn up. So I said absolutely to the shot of pain meds. I knew the cause of the problem so it was no problem I knew his body could handle it.

My middle and youngest sons both had to have surgery due to wrestling injuries. One had a torn labrum in his shoulder and the other a severely fractured ankle. Both needed corrective surgery and they got the best. But I knew the cause of the problem.

In answer to the vaccine question, no none of my kids ever had any kind of vaccine for anything. I believe for healthy people don't need it and there are too many side affects for my liking.
Posts: 254
Floridafan has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #118
Stewie Stewie is online now
Supporter
 
Stewie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of the Equator
Casino cash: $5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Am I wrong in assuming that all viruses mutate a very small bit from even person to person?...
The mutations are less virulent. That's why it's always the same culprits year after year.
Posts: 10,895
Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #119
HC_Chief HC_Chief is offline
Get a life!
 
HC_Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: NorCal
Casino cash: $5182
Yes; first time... and I still got the flu.

Unfortunately the vaccine this year was for strains of H1N1 and H1N2; a different strain is going around (ILI?), which, of course, I picked up over Christmas.
__________________
I'm mean because you're stupid.
Posts: 9,572
HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.HC_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #120
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Yes; first time... and I still got the flu.

Unfortunately the vaccine this year was for strains of H1N1 and H1N2; a different strain is going around (ILI?), which, of course, I picked up over Christmas.
Well I guess you're done for now.

You might as well face the fact that you'll be autistic and sick with mystery diseases for the rest of your life.
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,482
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.