Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 AM  
Micjones Micjones is offline
Whose house?
 
Micjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $5010
If not #1, where?

The draftniks keep saying that Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 pick.
None of them say he isn't the top QB in the class though.
If we don't take him at #1 how far is he realistically going to fall?

I see no scenario where he falls out of the Top 10.

So if he's the top QB in a weak class...
QB is our biggest need...
And he's gonna go Top 10 anyway...

Why not at #1?

Am I wrong to say he won't fall out of the Top 10?

Discuss...
Posts: 15,284
Micjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #271
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can View Post
i don't give a **** which QB you don't want to draft...

i just pointed out that this: "Once coaches and GM's are routinely fired for reaching and over-drafting quarterbacks, the madness will end"

is premised on the faulty logic that there is something riskier about drafting a QB than say a LT...and it isn't true

it is just assumed to be true because the operative assumption about QB's has been - forever - that they're 'risky'

not drafting a QB in the name of value, or risk, or whatever is not an inherently smart, high-minded, choice....it's just a choice, and one that is every bit as likely to lead to failure as drafting a QB would...

but this fallacy persists...mostly because people think they're being reasonable espousing it...vesus those "crazy, obsessed" people who want a QB
I think you're ****ing crazy.

Gene Smith was fired. Mike Reindeldt was fired. Why? Overdrafting QB's that didn't pan out.

If that trend continues, GM's and coaches will be far more gunshy about taking a prospect in the first round that at any other time in NFL history, would have been rated as a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #272
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $5377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Opinions are always subject to change.
Yeah but the way those opinions have been stated and defended will not be forgotten.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 6,639
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #273
whoman69 whoman69 is offline
The Master
 
whoman69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Casino cash: $5000
I think it all comes down to this. The player the Chiefs need the most is Geno Smith. Where can the Chiefs obtain him? Only in the first round. I don't believe that Geno will fall out of the top 5. There are potentially five teams in the top ten that could possibly draft him. Is he the best player out there? In a way he is. He is the best player at the most important position on the field.
__________________
-Watching Eddie Podolak
Quote:
Originally posted by Logical
When the boobs are a bouncin, the Chiefs will be trouncin
What the Raiders fan has said is true, our customs are different. What Al Davis has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words.
Posts: 23,081
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #274
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $6925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think you're ****ing crazy.

Gene Smith was fired. Mike Reindeldt was fired. Why? Overdrafting QB's that didn't pan out.

If that trend continues, GM's and coaches will be far more gunshy about taking a prospect in the first round that at any other time in NFL history, would have been rated as a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder.
Scott Pioli was fired, too. Because he didn't draft a QB at all.

There's just as many examples against your argument as there are for it.

Furthermore, the ONLY guys in the NFL that last more than 10 years are the guys that take the QB and get it right.
Posts: 61,567
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #275
saphojunkie saphojunkie is offline
MVP
 
saphojunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Casino cash: $5375
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoman69 View Post
I think it all comes down to this. The player the Chiefs need the most is Geno Smith. Where can the Chiefs obtain him? Only in the first round. I don't believe that Geno will fall out of the top 5. There are potentially five teams in the top ten that could possibly draft him. Is he the best player out there? In a way he is. He is the best player at the most important position on the field.
Maybe. I would say that the most important player is the right quarterback. A lot of us believe that is Geno Smith.

But I am not so in love with the guy that I will be heartbroken if we trade down, take someone else, sign a stop-gap veteran, and draft our QBOTF next year. We want our QB and we are all a little impatient, for good reason.

I think that Dorsey and Reid both know they need to draft a legit QB high. But if they don't want Geno, then don't draft him. If you are never going to love that QB, never going to get behind him, never give him the same coaching or attention you would a QB that you truly believe in, then you aren't doing the fanbase any favors by drafting him.

My deepest hope is that Reid and Dorsey fall in love with Geno and we take him number one. I actually prefer that to them getting Stanzi and saying "whoa this guy is amazing!" and he becomes our legit, elite QB. Why? I want the excitement of having that marquis player as a rookie - the guy all the pundits are talking about. And I don't want any tie to ***** on this team anymore.

Hopefully we get Geno. But if we end up with Alex Smith and an extra first rounder next year, honestly then, I'm not going to complain.

Because here's the truth: someone in this draft will be a multi-year probowler. To say that it absolutely is Geno, and to get your expectations up like that as a fan is just foolish.

Between Geno and the field, I will take the field. For that reason alone, the "Geno or bust!" mentality is stupid.

But! At the end of the day, you have to pick one guy vs. the field. I just hope they agree that guy is Geno.
Posts: 6,162
saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.saphojunkie has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #276
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I also think too many are quick to dismiss Geno thread as drafturbators that are obsessed with drafting a QB and have been for years.

I'm certainly not in that category. I'm not a "QB or bust" guy, but I'm most certainly a Geno guy.
This. I'm not yelling "draft some QB, any QB!", I'm a Geno fan. If we pass on him, then we can wait till the 4th round or grab someone else's garbage for all I care.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 26,240
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #277
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think you're ****ing crazy.

Gene Smith was fired. Mike Reindeldt was fired. Why? Overdrafting QB's that didn't pan out.

If that trend continues, GM's and coaches will be far more gunshy about taking a prospect in the first round that at any other time in NFL history, would have been rated as a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder.
They took a swing, and missed. If you don't even try, you'll be fired.
__________________
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?
Posts: 26,240
alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.alnorth 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #278
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $6668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think you're ****ing crazy.

Gene Smith was fired. Mike Reindeldt was fired. Why? Overdrafting QB's that didn't pan out.

If that trend continues, GM's and coaches will be far more gunshy about taking a prospect in the first round that at any other time in NFL history, would have been rated as a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder.
Those guys were fired because they were terrible GMs. Who are the marquee players on the Jaguars acquired by Gene Smith? One or two offensive linemen? MJD? Did he even draft MJD?

Gabbert wasn't the savior he needed. Gabbert needed some help around him like Matt Ryan got. No help came, so Gabbert sucked, which made the talentless team around him suck even more.

Those coaches and GMs deserve to get fired because they're awful at their jobs. Not because they took a risk on a QB.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,424
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #279
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Scott ***** was fired, too. Because he didn't draft a QB at all.

There's just as many examples against your argument as there are for it.

Furthermore, the ONLY guys in the NFL that last more than 10 years are the guys that take the QB and get it right.
Pioli was fired because he traded for a QB that was a complete failure.

If he had drafted Sanchez, it appears he would have suffered the same fate, especially when coupled with his other draft blunders.

If Pioli had hit on the Cassel trade and the Chiefs had two or more playoff appearances, he'd still be the GM today.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #280
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
They took a swing, and missed. If you don't even try, you'll be fired.
I don't buy that.

Those were desperation moves that didn't need to be made.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #281
the Talking Can the Talking Can is offline
MVP
 
the Talking Can's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: street
Casino cash: $5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think you're ****ing crazy.

Gene Smith was fired. Mike Reindeldt was fired. Why? Overdrafting QB's that didn't pan out.

If that trend continues, GM's and coaches will be far more gunshy about taking a prospect in the first round that at any other time in NFL history, would have been rated as a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th rounder.


so why have Chiefs coaches been fired for decades?

it simply doesn't hold up to any analysis...coaches are fired for losing...period

there are a hundred ways to lose...drafting a QB is no more risky than any other position, but it offers a reward that no other position offers...

there is no risk...well there is, but the risk is not drafting a QB
__________________
Clark Hunt: "Thank god for the Dominican pool boy"
Posts: 48,794
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #282
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Those coaches and GMs deserve to get fired because they're awful at their jobs. Not because they took a risk on a QB.
So, you're saying that if Locker and Gabbert were successful QB's, both men would have been fired anyway?

I'm not buying that.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #283
the Talking Can the Talking Can is offline
MVP
 
the Talking Can's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: street
Casino cash: $5257
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Scott ***** was fired, too. Because he didn't draft a QB at all.

There's just as many examples against your argument as there are for it.

Furthermore, the ONLY guys in the NFL that last more than 10 years are the guys that take the QB and get it right.
yup
__________________
Clark Hunt: "Thank god for the Dominican pool boy"
Posts: 48,794
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #284
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $5045
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I don't buy that.

Those were desperation moves that didn't need to be made.
Drafting Gabbert wasn't desperation. Playing him in year one was.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,500
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #285
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can View Post
there are a hundred ways to lose...drafting a QB is no more risky than any other position, but it offers a reward that no other position offers...
Right.

Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.