Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 AM  
RunKC RunKC is online now
Just a humble bounty hunter
 
RunKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $10345
The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs



The Star’s Top 10: The best players in draft for Chiefs’ needs
Order Reprints

January 23

As the Chiefs prepare to make the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft for the first time in franchise history, we’ve made our own draft board. Adam Teicher, The Star’s Chiefs reporter, has ranked the top 10 available players who fit the Chiefs’ most pressing needs. Not all are worthy of the No. 1 pick — the Chiefs may decide to trade down — but all are worth keeping an eye on before the draft starts April 25.

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Chiefs have two Pro Bowlers at this position, so technically outside linebacker is not a need. But Tamba Hali will be 30 next season and it’s difficult to turn down a pass rusher.

• 2. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M: The same holds for Moore.

• 3. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: The Chiefs will need a left tackle if Branden Albert becomes a free agent.

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Smith probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their QB dilemma somehow.

• 5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: After the fiasco with Stanford Routt, the Chiefs need a corner and Milliner is the best available.

• 6. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Again, not worth the top pick. But a fast, 6-3 receiver will be difficult for the Chiefs to pass up.

• 7. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Guards aren’t valuable enough to pick with the top overall choice. But Warmack has a chance to be great.

• 8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: The Chiefs will need a lineman if they lose Glenn Dorsey to free agency.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

• 10. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia: Inside linebackers aren’t that valuable, but the Chiefs need one to go along with Derrick Johnson.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/23...#storylink=cpy
Posts: 6,185
RunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRunKC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #31
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $8798
Did Blackbob just say Glennon is awful?
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 29,322
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #32
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $18027
DT is the most stacked position in this draft, IMO. The gap between the top 2 QB's and the rest is huge compared to the top DT and the next 5.
Posts: 31,374
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #33
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $8798
CB is well stocked, too.

I actually really like our chances of getting 3, maybe 4 starters out of this upcoming draft.

Geno
Cb
DL
S
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 29,322
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #34
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $19840
Has Reid ever traded for a QB?
Posts: 32,642
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #35
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $18027
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Has Reid ever traded for a QB?
They traded for Favre, IIRC, when he was at GB. But I don't think he was brought in to be the starter.
Posts: 31,374
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #36
HC_Chief HC_Chief is offline
Get a life!
 
HC_Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: NorCal
Casino cash: $6103
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They traded for Favre, IIRC, when he was at GB. But I don't think he was brought in to be the starter.
He wasn't; Favre got his chance after GB's started Majkowski got injured.
__________________
I'm mean because you're stupid.
Posts: 9,596
HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.HC_Chief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #37
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $12210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Did Blackbob just say Glennon is awful?
The mayans were just late.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 16,036
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #38
Jimmya Jimmya is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $9141
Brian Billick on Mike and Mike "no qb in this year's Draft is worthy of a top 15 pick".
Posts: 1,924
Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #39
kepp kepp is offline
MVP
 
kepp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $9491
Wow, the article is titled, "The best player in draft for Chiefs needs", and the top two players mentioned are at a position where we already have pro-bowl talent. I used to look forward to reading mock drafts.
Posts: 10,024
kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #40
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14430
The CP implosion when we select someone other than Geno or a QB at #1 is going to be epic.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,728
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
Rambozo Rambozo is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Did Blackbob just say Glennon is awful?
I've always said that. What I said before was the Bucky Brooks article on Glennon was symbolic of how bad the QB talent is in this class. What you proceeded to do is tell me how much of an idiot Bucky Brooks was. Eventually, the "mob" and others all piled and took things out of context. I attempted to argue my points and it led to my last banning.

Two weeks after that, I see people citing Bucky Brooks like his word is gold. This is one great example of the "mobster" bullshit. Take it for what it's worth.

Bosschief, I'm done giving you chances and am putting you on ignore. Your takes generally suck, you are big headed, and you bully me because your ego can't handle being challenged. The "mob squad" was formed out of fear of embarrassment and a whole lot of butt hurt.

The best thing you can do is think about what I am saying on move on. I'll leave it at that.
Posts: 459
Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Rambozo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmya View Post
Brian Billick on Mike and Mike "no qb in this year's Draft is worthy of a top 15 pick".
Prognosticators get too locked into positioning. WHo cares where a guy is picked as long as you feel hes "the guy" and will produce? in hindsite, how many teams wish they would have taken Flacco top 10 now?
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,728
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #43
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $8798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
I've always said that. What I said before was the Bucky Brooks article on Glennon was symbolic of how bad the QB talent is in this class. What you proceeded to do is tell me how much of an idiot Bucky Brooks was. Eventually, the "mob" and others all piled and took things out of context. I attempted to argue my points and it led to my last banning.

Two weeks after that, I see people citing Bucky Brooks like his word is gold. This is one great example of the "mobster" bullshit. Take it for what it's worth.

Bosschief, I'm done giving you chances and am putting you on ignore. Your takes generally suck, you are big headed, and you bully me because your ego can't handle being challenged. The "mob squad" was formed out of fear of embarrassment and a whole lot of butt hurt.

The best thing you can do is think about what I am saying on move on. I'll leave it at that.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 29,322
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #44
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $12210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Prognosticators get too locked into positioning. WHo cares where a guy is picked as long as you feel hes "the guy" and will produce? in hindsite, how many teams wish they would have taken Flacco top 10 now?
Glenn Dorsey was such a much better pick for us...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 16,036
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #45
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a cancerous meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
The CP implosion when we select someone other than Geno or a QB at #1 is going to be epic.
We'll know more as the draft gets closer.

If the pick is, Smith, Wilson, or Barkley, it will be fine.

We'll see.
Posts: 52,613
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.