Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM  
Coogs Coogs is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Northern Kansas
Casino cash: $8164
Alex Smith to ask for release

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/28/al...?sct=obnetwork


If no draft picks are involved, does that change your opinion on bringing him in?

Draft pick, Smith, Stanzi(?) as your QB's in camp.
Posts: 17,715
Coogs has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #226
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That is pure speculation.
All or most of the scouts were gone before Saturday, or atleast thats what I read.
Posts: 31,546
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #227
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Alex Smith under Harbaugh has been one of the most efficient and effective QBs in the league. Most people will credit that to Harbaugh, and I believe some credit there is due, either directly or indirectly due to staffing. There is a small degree of unknown there that could suggest that he's "matured" into an NFL caliber QB.

Personally, I was a little shook when he got benched for Kaepernick, as Alex Smith at that point, was statistically the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league (finished 3rd). I honestly don't think an argument can be made for his receivers making him look better than he is, because Crabtree and Davis have been hit or miss for 2 years now.

All of that said, as long as we still draft a "franchise" QB, I'm totally on board with signing Alex Smith AS A BACKUP, and nothing more. I stipulate that , because I believe Harbaugh had a magical touch in the bay area and Alex was a benefactor of that. With Reid here in KC, I think it would be possible to duplicate Alex's efficiency and success here, so having a proven "winner" as a backup, and an efficient one at that. I'm game.
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #228
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
For his career, Smith averages 6.6 Y/A and 178 YPG.

Green, in his two years starting before coming to KC, was 7.7 Y/A and about 240ish YPG.

No ****ing thank you on Smith; he's an average to (being generous) slightly above average QB.
Come on, Dude: That is ridiculously unfair.

The guy played for bad head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators and until recently, had shit for wide receivers.

Once he had a competent OC and competent WR's, he's played lights out.
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #229
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
All or most of the scouts were gone before Saturday, or atleast thats what I read.
That's because game film provides much more information than a seat in the stands.

They're all back on the road.
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #230
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Alex Smith under Harbaugh has been one of the most efficient and effective QBs in the league. Most people will credit that to Harbaugh, and I believe some credit there is due, either directly or indirectly due to staffing. There is a small degree of unknown there that could suggest that he's "matured" into an NFL caliber QB.

Personally, I was a little shook when he got benched for Kaepernick, as Alex Smith at that point, was statistically the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league (finished 3rd). I honestly don't think an argument can be made for his receivers making him look better than he is, because Crabtree and Davis have been hit or miss for 2 years now.

All of that said, as long as we still draft a "franchise" QB, I'm totally on board with signing Alex Smith AS A BACKUP, and nothing more. I stipulate that , because I believe Harbaugh had a magical touch in the bay area and Alex was a benefactor of that. With Reid here in KC, I think it would be possible to duplicate Alex's efficiency and success here, so having a proven "winner" as a backup, and an efficient one at that. I'm game.

You're smoking crack.

Smith isn't going to sign with any team unless he's the guaranteed starter.
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #231
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
That's because game film provides much more information than a seat in the stands.

They're all back on the road.
Probably so. They also have films of practice, IIRC.
Posts: 31,546
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #232
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $8770
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Come on, Dude: That is ridiculously unfair.

The guy played for bad head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators and until recently, had shit for wide receivers.

Once he had a competent OC and competent WR's, he's played lights out.
It's unfair, but at some point a player moves away from "potential" and "developing" and he's exactly what the stats say he is.

Smith should be in his prime right now; this is the best he'll likely be, and it's not good enough.

We can stop-gap this thing indefinitely, or we can try to take a chance. I'd prefer the latter because, if we miss, we'll be right back here next year talking about potentially drafting another QB, just like some are in Cleveland.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 47,045
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #233
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Scrawny Armed Alex Smith is offline
No mayonnaise for me today!!!
 
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5628
Maybe this is what Reid was referring to when he said he wanted to find his next Len Dawson...(someone else's backup)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post

I can confirm that A-list celebs have sex just the same way we do.

Justin Verlander has an average cock and lightly trims his pubes.
Posts: 1,563
Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Scrawny Armed Alex Smith Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #234
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
It's unfair, but at some point a player moves away from "potential" and "developing" and he's exactly what the stats say he is.

Smith should be in his prime right now; this is the best he'll likely be, and it's not good enough.

We can stop-gap this thing indefinitely, or we can try to take a chance. I'd prefer the latter because, if we miss, we'll be right back here next year talking about potentially drafting another QB, just like some are in Cleveland.
All I'm pointing out is that there are viable alternatives for Reid and Dorsey.

Taking the "sixth best" QB in the 2011 draft has worked out well for San Fran.
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #235
tk13 tk13 is offline
...
 
tk13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $19210
I would agree, I don't think he'd come here if we were going to draft a QB at 1. But if he was interested in the idea of coming here despite that, I'd be interested. He's a 28 year old former #1 overall pick. He does have raw talent. But I wouldn't trade picks for him or not draft a QB because of him.

It's unbelievable to me that the same board that one year ago was pining for Kyle flipping Orton thinks Alex Smith is beneath them though. That's crazy.
Posts: 37,494
tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #236
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
You're smoking crack.

Smith isn't going to sign with any team unless he's the guaranteed starter.
I didn't say he would sign with us. I said if we could sign him AS A BACKUP, I'm on board.

While Smith could start for 20 teams or more in this league, he's not going to get many offers to come in and start. In part, due to the harbaugh, and to the number of young guns in this league already. Teams aren't going to turn their back on a young guy who has shown some promise, unless he's a Blaine Gabbert ( a guy I called a bust long before draft day ).
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #237
O.city O.city is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
All I'm pointing out is that there are viable alternatives for Reid and Dorsey.

Taking the "sixth best" QB in the 2011 draft has worked out well for San Fran.
Yeah, it has worked out well, but it seems the chances become less and less in that.
Posts: 31,546
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #238
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
I didn't say he would sign with us. I said if we could sign him AS A BACKUP, I'm on board.

While Smith could start for 20 teams or more in this league, he's not going to get many offers to come in and start. In part, due to the harbaugh, and to the number of young guns in this league already. Teams aren't going to turn their back on a young guy who has shown some promise, unless he's a Blaine Gabbert ( a guy I called a bust long before draft day ).
Bullshit
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #239
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $3266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Bullshit
Bullshit what?

Bullshit that teams wont' turn their back on a young guy showing promise? Or a bullshit just because?
Posts: 2,327
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #240
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12949
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
It's unbelievable to me that the same board that one year ago was pining for Kyle flipping Orton thinks Alex Smith is beneath them though. That's crazy.
Crazy? It's the ****ing bizzaro world.
Posts: 50,161
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.