|01-30-2013, 08:46 AM||Topic Starter|
The Boom Boom Room
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $1078017
Draft Daddy's Mock Draft
ONE ROUND MOCK DRAFT
1. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Luke Joekel, Texas A&M
With Brandon Albert likely walking and no franchise QB in this crop, Joekel becomes Andy Reid's first pick.
Alternate picks: DE Demontre Moore, DE Bjoern Werner, OT Eric Fisher, whatever QB gets hot between now and April.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Demontre Moore, Texas A&M
The nation's sack leader as a junior, Moore is in the running for best in this class.
Alternate picks: DE Bjoern Werner, DT Star Lotulelei, CB Dee Milliner.
3. Oakland Raiders - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
Werner could solidify top 5 status with a blazing combine workout and is believed to be a safe pick.
Alternate picks: DT Star Lotulelei, CB Dee Milliner, S Kenny Vaccaro.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
Eagles are rumored to shift to the 3-4 defense and Star can be an anchor inside.
Alternate picks: CB Dee Milliner, S Kenny Vaccaro, OT Eric Fisher.
5. Detroit Lions - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
Milliner is a man to man specialist and the Lions need more talent in the seconary.
Alternate picks: DE Barkevious Mingo, S Kenny Vaccaro, LB Jarvis Jones.
6. Cleveland Browns - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
Vaccaro is slated to fly up draft boards as the process continues.
Alternate picks: LB Jarvis Jones, DE Barkevious Mingo, WR Keenan Allen.
7. Arizona Cardinals - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
Fisher displayed lock down pass protection skills at the Senior Bowl, the Cards OL is in shambles.
Alternate picks: LB Jarvis Jones, OT D.J. Fluker, DE Barkevious Mingo.
8. Buffalo Bills - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
Bills aren't getting impact plays from their linebackers, Jones could go higher or lower, pending medical exams.
Alternate picks: whatever QB gets hot between now and April, WR Keenan Allen, DE Barkevious Mingo.
9. New York Jets - WR Keenan Allen, California
Allen is reportedly perfect for the west coast offense, which the new Jets OC will be installing.
Alternate picks: DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB Dion Jordan, WR Cordarelle Patterson.
10. Tennessee Titans - DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
Mingo is likely to be a workout warrior this spring, and could make an instant impact on 3rd downs.
Alternate picks: DE Dion Jordan, OG Chance Warmack, CB Xavier Rhodes.
11. San Diego Chargers - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
Measuring a legit 6'5" and 350, Fluker has a giant's wingspan and reminds scouts of former Charger Marcus McNeil.
Alternate picks: OT Lane Johnson, WR Cordarelle Patterson, DE/OLB Dion Jordan.
12. Miami Dolphins - WR Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee
Patterson can capture the imagination of decision makers with a fast time in workouts.
Alternate picks: OT Lane Johnson (If Jake Long walks), DE/OLB Dion Jordan, CB Xavier Rhodes.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
This converted tight end will likely put up ridiculous times in workouts, could bulk up to end easily.
Alternate picks: DE Sam Montgomery, CB Xavier Rhodes, DT Sharif Floyd.
14. Carolina Panthers - DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
Productive SEC pass rusher would be a welcome addition to the Panthers' front seven.
Alternate picks: DT John Jenkins, DT Johnathan Hankins, CB Desmond Trufant.
15. New Orleans Saints - LB Alex Ogletree, Georgia
Saints can really use a play-maker like Ogletree to solidify the interior of their front seven.
Alternate picks: DT Sharif Floyd, DT Sheldon Richardson, CB Desmond Trufant.
16. St. Louis Rams - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Danny Amendola never seems to be healthy and the Rams need more weapons for Sam Bradford.
Alternate picks: G Chance Warmack, OT Lane Johnson, RB Eddie Lacy.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
Quick, fast, smart and great bloodlines, Trufant is a plug-and-play prospect at cornerback.
Alternate picks: CB Xavier Rhodes, G Chance Warmack, RB Eddie Lacy.
18. Dallas Cowboys - DT Sharif Floyd, Florida
Cowboys defense hasn't made enough big plays, Floyd is a penetrating force on the inside.
Alternate picks: G Chance Warmack, DT Sheldon Richarson, DT Kawann Short.
19. New York Giants - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
Corey Webster might be released for salary reasons and Rhodes could leap up draft boards with a fast time in workouts.
Alternate picks: OT Lane Johnson, CB Johnthan Banks, RB Eddie Lacy.
20. Chicago Bears - G Chance Warmack, Alabama
Warmack is an outstanding guard prospect but historically these players don't get picked early.
Alternate picks: OT Lane Johnson, TE Zach Ertz, DT Sheldon Richardon.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Lacy trucked over the competition in the BCS Championship game and would be a great tandem with Green-Ellis.
Alternate picks: DE Ezekial Ansah, LB Manti Te'o, S Eric Reid.
22. St. Louis Rams (VIA WAS) - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Johnson was solid at the Senior Bowl and this former ju-co QB is likely to run a fast time in workouts.
DT Sheldon Richardson, G Jon Cooper, TE Zach Ertz.
23. Minnesota Vikings - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
Banks is a productive ballhawk who can start quickly for the Vikings.
Alternate picks: DE Ezekial Ansah, DT Sheldon Richardson, DT Kawann Short.
24. Indianapolis Colts - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
Colts had real issues stopping the run this season and need to toughen up the center of their D.
Alternate picks: DT John Jenkins, DT Johnathan Hankins, DT Kawann Short.
25. Seattle Seahawks - TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
Providing a talented tight end could be an added dimension for the Seahawks offense.
Alternate picks: TE Tyler Eifert, G Jon Cooper, DT Kawann Short.
26. Green Bay Packers - G Jon Cooper, North Carolina
Packers have uncertainty on the inside of their offensive line, with Jeff Saturday retiring.
Alternate picks: C Barrett Jones, RB Giovanni Bernard, S Eric Reid.
27. Houston Texans - DT Kawann Short, Purdue
Texans could lose Shaun Cody to free agency and might be looking to restock at the tackle position.
Alternate picks: S Eric Reid, DT John Jenkins, DT Johnathan Hankins.
28. Denver Broncos - S Eric Reid, LSU
Reid is a centerfielder and the Broncos clearly could use one in the back of their defense.
Alternate picks: CB Melvin White (move Champ Bailey to S), C Barrett Jones, DT John Jenkins.
29. New England Patriots - WR Deandre Hopkins, Clemson
The Patriots could lose Wes Welker and several other WR to free agency, Hopkins is explosive.
Alternate picks: DT John Jenkins, DT Johnathan Hankins, LB Kevin Minter.
30. Atlanta Falcons - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
With the retirement of Tony Gonzalez, the Falcons could target a replacement early in the draft.
Alternate picks: DE Ezekial Ansah, DE Datone Jones, RB Giovanni Bernard.
*31. San Francisco 49ers - DE Ezekial Ansah, BYU
Raw but impressive pass rusher from Ghana could go higher in the round, depending on workouts.
Alternate picks: DT John Jenkins, DT Johnathan Hankins (if lose Sapoaga to free agency), DE Datone Jones.
*32. Baltimore Ravens - WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
Assuming that Anquan Boldin hangs it up, the Ravens need another target for Joe Flacco.
Alternate picks: WR Terrence Williams, ILB Kevin Minter, DE/OLB Corey Lemonier.
* = The order of these draft picks will be determined by the outcome of the Super Bowl.
DD.comment: A note about the quarterbacks. This mock doesn't project trade but the likely point where quarterbacks will be taken in round 1 this year is in the upper 20's range, via a trade back into the round from one of the teams picking in the top 10. Candidates for the first QB taken are:
QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
QB Matt Barkley, USC
QB Mike Glennon, NC State
QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
QB Tyler Wilson, Oklahoma