Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 PM  
ZepSinger ZepSinger is offline
Veteran
 
ZepSinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25132
Hi, I'm Zepsinger. I just had my first Field Sobriety Test.

So I'm pulling into Lansing KS last Saturday night at about 6pm... my band had a gig at a local bar just east of Leavenworth. I look in the rearview mirror and see the cop cherries- crap.

So, I pull over. Cop asks me like 3 times where I'm from and where I'm going- it seemed pretty obvious he was trying to catch me in a non-truth. Tells me he clocked me at 60 in a 50. OK, not the end of the world- I've had more than a few of those in my time.

Suddenly, he says 'sir, have you had any alcohol tonight? I smell alcohol on your breath.' I say no, then remember that I had had one 12oz. beer with pizza at 2:30. So I tell him as much. Then- 'sir, you'll need to step out of your car'. And then I get the battery of tests- follow the little blue light with my eyes, heel-to-toe 9 steps out and back, lift one foot with arms at the side while counting (by the way- those tests are fairly hard to do even when stone cold sober IMO). Backup arrives. Here comes the breathalyzer. He informs me that I can refuse to take the test, but doing so carries a charge in itself. I know I have nothing to worry about, so I say sure. He then says to wait in my car for the results.

I text the other guitarist to tell him I might be late. Or I might not be able to be there at all. The cop comes back and says 'your BAC is less than .01. KS legal limit is .08. You are obviously well under the limit. But here's your speeding ticket. Have a good evening.'

57 years old and my first field sobriety test. Even though I knew I was going to be OK, it still freaked me out a bit(and sorta ruined my night). I dunno, I've heard from many people that you should never submit to these tests- being a FST virgin, I just didn't know what to do for sure. I knew I wasn't going to test drunk, so I felt pretty safe in taking the test. Maybe that was stupid, I don't know. I'm assuming that some of you CP'ers have experienced this honor as well? What have you done in this situation?

Z

Last edited by ZepSinger; 02-06-2013 at 06:31 PM..
Posts: 2,740
ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ZepSinger must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #76
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708626
I had to take one once. I didn't use my blinker and he pulled me over. So he had me walk in a straight line. I didn't do anything wrong as far as I could tell, but he had me do the breathalyzer anyway, then he let me go. I think he was just being a dick; it was a small town and he knew who I was. He ended up getting fired a few years later because he was using an ATV that the police had somehow recovered as his own ATV.
We used to call him Barney Fife.
Posts: 20,070
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #77
Nzoner Nzoner is offline
a haw haw haw
 
Nzoner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: shack outside LaGrange
Casino cash: $306601036
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
We used to call him Barney Fife.
One of my favorite scenes from the movie Clay Pigeons

Sheriff:"Barney don't poke the body with a stick."

FBI agent:"You have a deputy named Barney?"
__________________
"Nothing matters but the weekend...from a Tuesday point of view."
Posts: 22,503
Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Nzoner 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #78
burt burt is offline
Inner Circle, Master at Arms
 
burt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Casino cash: $4203709
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepSinger View Post
So I'm pulling into Lansing KS last Saturday night at about 6pm... my band had a gig at a local bar just east of Leavenworth. I look in the rearview mirror and see the cop cherries- crap.

So, I pull over. Cop asks me like 3 times where I'm from and where I'm going- it seemed pretty obvious he was trying to catch me in a non-truth. Tells me he clocked me at 60 in a 50. OK, not the end of the world- I've had more than a few of those in my time.
Suddenly, he says 'sir, have you had any alcohol tonight? I smell alcohol on your breath.' I say no, then remember that I had had one 12oz. beer with pizza at 2:30. So I tell him as much. Then- 'sir, you'll need to step out of your car'. And then I get the battery of tests- follow the little blue light with my eyes, heel-to-toe 9 steps out and back, lift one foot with arms at the side while counting (by the way- those tests are fairly hard to do even when stone cold sober IMO). Backup arrives. Here comes the breathalyzer. He informs me that I can refuse to take the test, but doing so carries a charge in itself. I know I have nothing to worry about, so I say sure. He then says to wait in my car for the results.I text the other guitarist to tell him I might be late. Or I might not be able to be there at all. The cop comes back and says 'your BAC is less than .01. KS legal limit is .08. You are obviously well under the limit. But here's your speeding ticket. Have a good evening.'

57 years old and my first field sobriety test. Even though I knew I was going to be OK, it still freaked me out a bit(and sorta ruined my night). I dunno, I've heard from many people that you should never submit to these tests- being a FST virgin, I just didn't know what to do for sure. I knew I wasn't going to test drunk, so I felt pretty safe in taking the test. Maybe that was stupid, I don't know. I'm assuming that some of you CP'ers have experienced this honor as well? What have you done in this situation?

Z
Same! Differences, Leawood I am 52, second ever(failed first one at 33ish, but got a break)..12:20a.m....51 in a 35...freezing cold, no coat! Field sobriety tests are all but unpossible when you are shivering in the cold! I didn't, however ask my level...just took my ticket and drove to my WARM home!
Posts: 8,920
burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #79
Dunit35 Dunit35 is offline
Keepin it Real
 
Dunit35's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Casino cash: $2007183
Don't know if its been said but only refuse the test if you know you are two times the legal limit..16 becomes aggregated in Oklahoma.
Posts: 8,840
Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.Dunit35 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #80
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $106386
Way to go dude.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."
Posts: 19,111
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #81
DJJasonp DJJasonp is offline
My work speaks for itself!!!
 
DJJasonp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: So Cal
Casino cash: $915435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Never, ever, EVER tell a cop you've had anything to drink if they pull you over. Instant probable cause. They will immediately pull you out of the car and give you the FST.
unless your Jovan Belcher!
__________________
Sex Panther - Said to work 60% of the time....every time!
Posts: 4,084
DJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDJJasonp 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #82
burt burt is offline
Inner Circle, Master at Arms
 
burt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Casino cash: $4203709
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Never, ever, EVER tell a cop you've had anything to drink if they pull you over. Instant probable cause. They will immediately pull you out of the car and give you the FST.
3 beers in 4 hours...but you can smell it on your breath....NOT telling them gives them probable cause....
Posts: 8,920
burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.burt is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #83
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419608
Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
3 beers in 4 hours...but you can smell it on your breath....NOT telling them gives them probable cause....
the smell is reasonable suspicion to start FSTs, asking is just to see if you're going to be honest. IMO

and haha clay....
Posts: 23,876
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #84
oldman oldman is offline
Starter
 
oldman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North by Northwest
Casino cash: $7063
Lansing is, and always has been one big speed trap. Most of the locals know that and if you're within a couple miles of the limit and have LV tags, most of them will let you pass. Most of the Lansing cops and LVCO deputies are pretty good guys. But there is one little turd that drives one of the Chargers that is an absolute terror.
Posts: 378
oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.oldman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #85
houstonwhodat houstonwhodat is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Parallel Universe
Casino cash: $22197
Man if you actually did a FST and passed you are the only person in history that I know has done that.

Those tests are designed for you to fail.

The officer couldn't even do it if his life depended on it.

Houston is the DWI capital of the world. There are over 300,000 people on probation at any given time.

It's a huge revenue generator and at the same time it ruins your life.

I speak from experience, here is what you do.

A. Never admit to drinking
B. Never take the breath test they are inaccurate
C. Never do a FST because if he asks you out of the car it's already over. You got lucky this time.
D. Remember everything is on camera so don't argue. If you have a good video you can fight it. If you are see arguing then the prosecutor will claim you are belligerent.
E. Call a ****ing cab. Will save you lots of time and money and headache.
Posts: 2,637
houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #86
bevischief bevischief is offline
....
 
bevischief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota
Casino cash: $1018288230
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Lansing is, and always has been one big speed trap. Most of the locals know that and if you're within a couple miles of the limit and have LV tags, most of them will let you pass. Most of the Lansing cops and LVCO deputies are pretty good guys. But there is one little turd that drives one of the Chargers that is an absolute terror.
This. Same with Leawood.
__________________
Why
Posts: 24,158
bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.