Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM  
DaWolf DaWolf is offline
Cry havoc...
 
DaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $57714
Andy Reid on Metro Sports...



I linked this in the other thread from the Star article, but was unable to embed it last night. Thought it might deserve its own thread, especially since we're starving for Chiefs stuff right now. Good interview, and interesting stuff on the QB position...
Posts: 6,554
DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DaWolf has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #136
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10240472
Here is where I could roll tape of ***** talking about Matt's awesome checkdowns in preseason.

He literally said this on a preseason broadcast.
Posts: 165,274
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #137
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $1077927
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWalrus View Post
Here is where I could roll tape of ***** talking about Matt's awesome checkdowns in preseason.

He literally said this on a preseason broadcast.
4 yard pass is still getting 4 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Posts: 28,207
Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #138
Hog Farmer Hog Farmer is offline
Good Donkey = Dead Donkey
 
Hog Farmer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $5104772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Stewart: 53 guys on a roster, but when you look at the way it breaks down, you got quarterback, two tackles, two pass rushers, two corners. Those seven guys, is that the core for success, that if you have good guys in those seven spots you can win?

Reid: Yeah, normally you would say that. Normally you'd say take care of your offensive line, defensive line, corners, and quarterback, you can compete in the National Football League.


...



When you analyze this part, we are really in pretty good shape. Got to re-sign Albert, but Albert and Winston at the Tackles. Winston probably is a really good team guy to have here... we just all hated he defended Cassel.

We have Hali and Houston as the two pass rushers.

We have Flowers as one of the corners. Probably could use an upgrade at the other, but we do have some young guys that have gained on-field experience that maybe will get better with an off-season running with the #1's. Or maybe the free agent route that they are scouting out. IIRC, Reid brought in several corners from other teams during his time in Philly.

We were 2-14 with nearly all of these pieces already in place. The arrow is pointed directly at the QB position.

NAIL ON HEAD
Posts: 14,940
Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hog Farmer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #139
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
So... he wants Tebow?
Q
Posts: 23,874
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #140
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaj22 View Post
well at least you know Tyler Wilson is off his list because that team was like 3-10 lol and he didnt will that team to shit.
But Reid also said he wasn't reading into things like footwork or hand size.....
Posts: 23,874
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #141
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony77 View Post
yes
Then you are not objectively looking close enough then. With that horrid defense he had he knew he would be always pushing the envelope playing from behind a lot of the times. With that said his TD/INT for the season defy logic. He should have had a helluva a lot more INTs but didn't. This say's to me he 'still' makes good decisions in the pocket and manages a game fairly well even under stress to push the envelope and win.

When you hear the phrase "makes everyone around him step up and play better" that is what we call the "IT FACTOR". Making everyone believe they will win before that win is actually attained, especially in the 4th quarter down by 4 points with 1:30, 80yards to go with only 1 time out for a must TD for the win.

Seeing the win before it happens and KNOWING you will accomplish this goal is what is needed in the QB position. What establishes good from GREAT is the GREAT QB has the ability to translate that internal 'fire in the belly to win" and especially that 'vision of victory' to the rest of the team "before" they actually win the game.

Jay Cutler has far more physical ability than Rodgers,Brady, Manning,Brees etc.. BUT what does Jay lack from the rest of these guys(besides SB Wins) that has always been his achilles heel?

No "fire in the belly to win", no vision of winning, thus no leadership to inspire others around him to see victory before it happens. Jay Cutler has always been about Jay Cutler. Jeff George II.

I have not seen all of Geno's career as a starter at WV like many of you to put him in an objectively accurate proper context of his work. I have seen several games from this past season and definitely see the potential in this kid that I believe has a very high ceiling.

My gut tells me he has the "IT FACTOR". What say you from the rest of his body of work?
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #142
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $1262236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Stewart: 53 guys on a roster, but when you look at the way it breaks down, you got quarterback, two tackles, two pass rushers, two corners. Those seven guys, is that the core for success, that if you have good guys in those seven spots you can win?

Reid: Yeah, normally you would say that. Normally you'd say take care of your offensive line, defensive line, corners, and quarterback, you can compete in the National Football League.


...



When you analyze this part, we are really in pretty good shape. Got to re-sign Albert, but Albert and Winston at the Tackles. Winston probably is a really good team guy to have here... we just all hated he defended Cassel.

We have Hali and Houston as the two pass rushers.

We have Flowers as one of the corners. Probably could use an upgrade at the other, but we do have some young guys that have gained on-field experience that maybe will get better with an off-season running with the #1's. Or maybe the free agent route that they are scouting out. IIRC, Reid brought in several corners from other teams during his time in Philly.

We were 2-14 with nearly all of these pieces already in place. The arrow is pointed directly at the QB position.
Here's the problem I have with this philosophy.

Name me one truly outstanding defense that didn't have outstanding LB play.
__________________
Posts: 63,703
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #143
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $1262236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Then you are not objectively looking close enough then. With that horrid defense he had he knew he would be always pushing the envelope playing from behind a lot of the times. With that said his TD/INT for the season defy logic. He should have had a helluva a lot more INTs but didn't. This say's to me he 'still' makes good decisions in the pocket and manages a game fairly well even under stress to push the envelope and win.

When you hear the phrase "makes everyone around him step up and play better" that is what we call the "IT FACTOR". Making everyone believe they will win before that win is actually attained, especially in the 4th quarter down by 4 points with 1:30, 80yards to go with only 1 time out for a must TD for the win.

Seeing the win before it happens and KNOWING you will accomplish this goal is what is needed in the QB position. What establishes good from GREAT is the GREAT QB has the ability to translate that internal 'fire in the belly to win" and especially that 'vision of victory' to the rest of the team "before" they actually win the game.

Jay Cutler has far more physical ability than Rodgers,Brady, Manning,Brees etc.. BUT what does Jay lack from the rest of these guys(besides SB Wins) that has always been his achilles heel?

No "fire in the belly to win", no vision of winning, thus no leadership to inspire others around him to see victory before it happens. Jay Cutler has always been about Jay Cutler. Jeff George II.

I have not seen all of Geno's career as a starter at WV like many of you to put him in an objectively accurate proper context of his work. I have seen several games from this past season and definitely see the potential in this kid that I believe has a very high ceiling.

My gut tells me he has the "IT FACTOR". What say you from the rest of his body of work?
Jay Cutler does not have far more physical ability than Rodgers.
__________________
Posts: 63,703
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #144
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Jay Cutler does not have far more physical ability than Rodgers.
Ok "far more" when comparing Cutler to Rodgers is a bit of an over statement. Although, Rodgers has an accurate strong arm, Cutler has a Marino arm of which Rodgers does not. With that said, of course you don't need a laser arm to win SBs but comparing arm strength between Jay and Aaron, Jay wins hands down and is what I should have initially clarified when comparing specifically to Rodgers.
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #145
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
ding, ding, ding...we have a winna!!!

Like Dane I can't wait for the combine...with all the man love for Geno he better blow the place up...
The only way he blows the combine up is if he throws and he won't and he runs a 4.4 or less 40 which he won't.
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #146
Coogs Coogs is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Northern Kansas
Casino cash: $84138
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Here's the problem I have with this philosophy.

Name me one truly outstanding defense that didn't have outstanding LB play.
Not following you MM.

Hali and Houston are our pass rushers... which are LB's. DJ is pretty good too.

My guess is Reid is still more programed to be thinking 4-3 when he says D-line play... even though D-line is a big piece of our LB's being able to make plays.

And to be fair MM, I did cut the rest of what Reid said off. He did say the rest of the positions are important as well.

Last edited by Coogs; 02-10-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Posts: 17,571
Coogs has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #147
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaj22 View Post
well at least you know Tyler Wilson is off his list because that team was like 3-10 lol and he didnt will that team to shit.
Well again, you could make the case this QB truly had sh** to work with and got at least 3 wins.
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #148
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micjones View Post
Reid can't move back without a trade partner.
Who's he going to trade the #1 pick to?
This is where the 'poker play' begins to move people during and after all the combine and college pro days are complete.

There will be a few teams in dire need of a franchise LT that will be extremely excited for Joekel and possibly move up IF Reid plays his hand well.
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #149
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $1262236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Not following you MM.

Hali and Houston are our pass rushers... which are LB's. DJ is pretty good too.

My guess is Reid is still more programed to be thinking 4-3 when he says D-line play... even though D-line is a big piece of our LB's being able to make plays.
Even in a 34, there's always that one guy in the middle that blows things up.

Ray Lewis for the Ravens through most of the last decade.

Patrick Willis (not to mention Navarro Bowman) for the 9ers.

The Steelers have always had superior ILB play.

I don't think you should spend a top 10 pick on the ILB position, but I do believe, strongly, that ILB play is still highly critical to fielding a top 5 defense.
__________________
Posts: 63,703
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #150
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $71241
I think Reid and Dorsey are waiting on what happens with Albert before they commit to any 1st rd pick.

Reid may have tipped his honest hand a bit when he stated the "trench play" (O-lines and D-lines) come first.

If Albert wants too much we are taking Joekel.

If Albert plays ball we are taking Geno.
Posts: 11,943
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.