Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM  
lewdog lewdog is offline
KC Chiefs....so much lol
 
lewdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Valley of the hot as ****
Casino cash: $58071321
What would you need to make to live in another city?

Found this to be pretty awesome to look at. Take your current salary where you live and see what you would need to make to live the same way in a different city.

http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/c...ng/?iid=F_Jump
Posts: 12,688
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $62716841
VARSITY
So far, I can't find a place cheaper than Tupelo, MS. It's 85.047 percent of my current salary.
__________________
In the final seven games of the 2013 season, the Chiefs averaged 34.6 points per game, scored 38 points or more 4 times, and went 2-5. The NFL has ruined the sport.
Posts: 76,084
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $62716841
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I recently read about cheap housing in Vegas. Also, I saw a House Hunters episode about Vegas and the prices were much more reasonable than I expected.
Vegas had one of the most severe housing corrections in the country a few years ago. They were overbuilding like crazy and the prices tanked unbelievably low. I was even briefly pondering buying a condo there or something and just waiting out the recession, but I figure it'll take too long to recover.
__________________
In the final seven games of the 2013 season, the Chiefs averaged 34.6 points per game, scored 38 points or more 4 times, and went 2-5. The NFL has ruined the sport.
Posts: 76,084
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $62716841
VARSITY
Wooster, OH, just beat Tupelo. 84.857 percent of my current salary.
__________________
In the final seven games of the 2013 season, the Chiefs averaged 34.6 points per game, scored 38 points or more 4 times, and went 2-5. The NFL has ruined the sport.
Posts: 76,084
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
loochy loochy is online now
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $440835527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Vegas had one of the most severe housing corrections in the country a few years ago. They were overbuilding like crazy and the prices tanked unbelievably low. I was even briefly pondering buying a condo there or something and just waiting out the recession, but I figure it'll take too long to recover.
Lake Mead will be dried up by then
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,047
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #20
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $62716841
VARSITY
Oh. Kalamazoo, Michigan. 83.142 percent of my salary.
__________________
In the final seven games of the 2013 season, the Chiefs averaged 34.6 points per game, scored 38 points or more 4 times, and went 2-5. The NFL has ruined the sport.
Posts: 76,084
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001212
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I recently read about cheap housing in Vegas. Also, I saw a House Hunters episode about Vegas and the prices were much more reasonable than I expected.
I'd think Vegas would fall under the "Nice place to visit, but..." category. One of my best friends was stationed there (Air Force officer) and absolutely hated it.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Dayze Dayze is online now
Resident Glue Sniffer
 
Dayze's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $1240666
A can of chew was like $7 in Hawaii back in 1998/99. I remember was 1/4 w cheese meal at McDonalds was like 9. **** that
__________________
Life is 99% inspiration, 1% Perspiration, and 1% Attention to Detial.
Posts: 25,395
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
sd4chiefs sd4chiefs is online now
Veteran
 
sd4chiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: San Diego Bandwagon City
Casino cash: $992618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Vegas had one of the most severe housing corrections in the country a few years ago. They were overbuilding like crazy and the prices tanked unbelievably low. I was even briefly pondering buying a condo there or something and just waiting out the recession, but I figure it'll take too long to recover.
My Son lives in Las Vegas and started looking into buying a house a few months ago. I talked to him this weekend and he said that in the last month houses that were setting on the market for months are now selling in just days.
Posts: 2,932
sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.sd4chiefs would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #24
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Hopeful for playoffs
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $15817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
A can of chew was like $7 in Hawaii back in 1998/99. I remember was 1/4 w cheese meal at McDonalds was like 9. **** that
At least in Hawaii you may be paying a lot but I imagine it is actually a really nice place to live. Unlike, crazy prices in parts of NY or CA where it is crazy prices plus a horrible place to live.
Posts: 8,934
mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $301730
VARSITY
I got a big raise but that wasn't the important part. I could never move to a place where I don't want to live for money. Living close to the water and beach was most important. Tired of sliding around on the ice, cold rain, idiots on the road driving when the roads are bad.

Housing is just as cheap as Missouri if you will live 5 minutes from the beach or water. Cost of living is the same. No state tax.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,781
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #26
kaplin42 kaplin42 is offline
Thats Right, Sniff the Glue!!!
 
kaplin42's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: tubbytronic superdome
Casino cash: $321234
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Interesting.

I'd have to make a lot more in most places since things here in Texas are pretty cheap. I NEVER WANT TO MOVE TO CALI - EVER
I live in LA, not as bad as Diego, and certainly not as bad as Frisco, but still. Looks like I could make 15K less a year and still keep the same quality of life in the city I want to move to.
Posts: 3,412
kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.kaplin42 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
loochy loochy is online now
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $440835527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I got a big raise but that wasn't the important part. I could never move to a place where I don't want to live for money. Living close to the water and beach was most important. Tired of sliding around on the ice, cold rain, idiots on the road driving when the roads are bad.

Housing is just as cheap as Missouri if you will live 5 minutes from the beach or water. Cost of living is the same. No state tax.
where?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,047
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $301730
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs View Post
My Son lives in Las Vegas and started looking into buying a house a few months ago. I talked to him this weekend and he said that in the last month houses that were setting on the market for months are now selling in just days.
Same here in Florida. Market has went up 20% in the last 6 months. We are thinking of buying just to get in before it tops out again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,781
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $301730
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
where?
St. Petersburg, Fl.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,781
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #30
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $102212
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I'd think Vegas would fall under the "Nice place to visit, but..." category. One of my best friends was stationed there (Air Force officer) and absolutely hated it.
Yep. My best friend has lived there for the past 7 years and the town is really dwindling.

The constructions jobs have come to a crawl, and in this economy people just aren't coming to Vegas to throw money away like they used to.

Nice getaway, bad place to live. Locals avoid the strip at all costs... just too expensive and too much traffic.
Posts: 11,175
Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.Molitoth is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.