Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
We Ready
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $17382
****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread****

MIZ-SEC
Posts: 32,361
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #1096
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Good breakdown on Jankovic. He has to get much stronger and learn to play D... but the offensive skill is impressive.

Frontcourt is going to be much less impressive next season. Criswell will be a good guy, but he's a complementary offensive piece, not a primary option (unless he make a BIG jump between now and then).

I don't know that Jonathan Williams III will be ready to start as a true freshman, but he has a skillset similar to Bowers and should be able to give good minutes at the 4, even if it is off the bench.

X-factor is Keanu Post... he's a little bit of a raw JUCO guy, and I don't think you can count on having the same success with him that they did with Criswell. But who knows?

Offense will clearly have to flow from Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown, as well as Ross.

I think we might see more of Ross at the 4 next year, too.
We don't have a choice, really. Ross almost has to play the 4. Hell, if Kim English could do it, so can Ross.

2011/2012 gave Haith the blueprint for how he'll handle 2013/2014, especially if Pressey does return.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #1097
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $13029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's possible that Beard decommitted because he was worried about PT given that Clark will be here a year earlier and is no slouch himself.

As far as Jankovic's offense, it appears that he has an inconsistent outside shot. I haven't seen him demonstrate any other type of offensive skill, whether it's post moves, a mid-range game, or an ability to attack the basket.

As far as D is concerned, you can teach someone to play better defense, but it helps little if they have leaden feet and can't anchor themselves in post defense.
As far as offensive skill... I was actually surprised his 3-point percentage was as low (30.5 percent) as it is. He's a guy who can shoot 38-40 percent from deep, IMO.

He has good handles for a face 4 (just average for a 3) and I think he'll be able to beat guys in isolation, eventually (like Leo Lyons, who didn't really hit his stride with that until he was a junior/senior.

He's also an excellent FT shooter. He's never going to be a back-to-the basket mauler, but with his outside touch, surprising athleticism and ball-handling, I think he's a guy who be a nightmare pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop guy down the line. He also fits nicely in a space, 4-out, 1-in offensive set.

The defensive side... if he gets stronger, he'll be better able to guard guys his size. I don't think he'll ever have the feet to play a wing/3 spot defensively and hold his own with any consistency, but they can work to improve his instincts, technique and positioning.
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 8,724
duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #1098
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's possible that Beard decommitted because he was worried about PT given that Clark will be here a year earlier and is no slouch himself.

As far as Jankovic's offense, it appears that he has an inconsistent outside shot. I haven't seen him demonstrate any other type of offensive skill, whether it's post moves, a mid-range game, or an ability to attack the basket.

As far as D is concerned, you can teach someone to play better defense, but it helps little if they have leaden feet and can't anchor themselves in post defense.
He doesn't have a back to the basket game. I'm surprised you haven't seen an ability to attack the rim, I've seen it quite a bit from him and have been pleasantly surprised by his first step and his ability to finish when coming forward.

He's a nice offensive player but he doesn't play like a big man so there's some cognitive dissonance there. And honestly, I don't think he ever will play like a big man.

I'm going to reach deep into the bag here and make a Danny Granger comparison. I don't think he'll be quite that extreme (or that good), but Granger was a guy that did have a pretty good first step when he caught the ball facing the hoop and he was able to use that first step often enough to give him space to shoot from outside. Either Jankovick gets much bigger and develops sort of an Andrei Bargnani game (skilled big with range) or he stays skinny and becomes a Danny Granger/Raef LaFrentz sort, though not as good as those two.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1099
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
As far as offensive skill... I was actually surprised his 3-point percentage was as low (30.5 percent) as it is. He's a guy who can shoot 38-40 percent from deep, IMO.

He has good handles for a face 4 (just average for a 3) and I think he'll be able to beat guys in isolation, eventually (like Leo Lyons, who didn't really hit his stride with that until he was a junior/senior.

He's also an excellent FT shooter. He's never going to be a back-to-the basket mauler, but with his outside touch, surprising athleticism and ball-handling, I think he's a guy who be a nightmare pick-and-roll/pick-and-pop guy down the line. He also fits nicely in a space, 4-out, 1-in offensive set.

The defensive side... if he gets stronger, he'll be better able to guard guys his size. I don't think he'll ever have the feet to play a wing/3 spot defensively and hold his own with any consistency, but they can work to improve his instincts, technique and positioning.
Stay out of my head, demon!

Yeah, a 'face 4' is a good way to describe him. Leo Lyons is a nice comp but Lyons ended up developing some very nice core strength before he turned the corner.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #1100
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
The Beast
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $20694
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He doesn't have a back to the basket game. I'm surprised you haven't seen an ability to attack the rim, I've seen it quite a bit from him and have been pleasantly surprised by his first step and his ability to finish when coming forward.

He's a nice offensive player but he doesn't play like a big man so there's some cognitive dissonance there. And honestly, I don't think he ever will play like a big man.

I'm going to reach deep into the bag here and make a Danny Granger comparison. I don't think he'll be quite that extreme (or that good), but Granger was a guy that did have a pretty good first step when he caught the ball facing the hoop and he was able to use that first step often enough to give him space to shoot from outside. Either Jankovick gets much bigger and develops sort of an Andrei Bargnani game (skilled big with range) or he stays skinny and becomes a Danny Granger/Raef LaFrentz sort, though not as good as those two.
I'm not expecting him to be Arthur Johnson by any means. However, I would expect him to have a semblance of touch from within 15 feet and I haven't seen any of that yet.

He looks like Generic European Big Man X in that he's suited for an international style of play because he can conceivably space the floor (although he hasn't displayed that ability in a game yet), but plays horrible man and team defense.
Posts: 59,998
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #1101
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'm not expecting him to be Arthur Johnson by any means. However, I would expect him to have a semblance of touch from within 15 feet and I haven't seen any of that yet.

He looks like Generic European Big Man X in that he's suited for an international style of play because he can conceivably space the floor (although he hasn't displayed that ability in a game yet), but plays horrible man and team defense.
I think he could be a solid help defender. I don't think he'll ever be an asset in man D, but with time, I don't see why he couldn't be a nice team defender.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #1102
Mizzou_8541 Mizzou_8541 is offline
Veteran
 
Mizzou_8541's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10196
I'm in Columbia unexpectedly for work Wednesday...anybody have an extra ticket to sell for the Mizzou-Florida game?
Posts: 3,111
Mizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #1103
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $5000
Line for tomorrow opened at a pick em. I think it might be Arky -1 now. Caught me by surprise. Figured the way we've struggled on the road Arky would be more of a favorite.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #1104
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Line for tomorrow opened at a pick em. I think it might be Arky -1 now. Caught me by surprise. Figured the way we've struggled on the road Arky would be more of a favorite.
We need a solid win. It'd be a big step.
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #1105
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
We Ready
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $17382
I'd bet the house on Arkansas. Don't get that line at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Colon is 0.7 WAR or 5M in value. He makes 500k. Getting pretty close, and since he's producing war each of the next 4 years of club control, he's fair value for Upton straight up. More than fair actually.
Posts: 32,361
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #1106
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I'd bet the house on Arkansas. Don't get that line at all.
I'd bet on Mizzou.

But, That's why I don't gamble.
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #1107
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $5000
Heck if I know. The way Arky turns the opp over and plays well at home and the way we have turned it over and struggled on the road this game has big Arkansas win written all over it.

The only caveat to that is I do think with Haith getting the rotation shortened and guys settling into roles and getting healthy it does feel like we could be on the cusp of taking a step forward.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #1108
Mizzou_8541 Mizzou_8541 is offline
Veteran
 
Mizzou_8541's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10196
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Heck if I know. The way Arky turns the opp over and plays well at home and the way we have turned it over and struggled on the road this game has big Arkansas win written all over it.

The only caveat to that is I do think with Haith getting the rotation shortened and guys settling into roles and getting healthy it does feel like we could be on the cusp of taking a step forward.
How is Ross' ankle? Didn't look promising when he went out against Mississippi St.
Posts: 3,111
Mizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMizzou_8541 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1109
kepp kepp is offline
MVP
 
kepp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $11186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
How is Ross' ankle? Didn't look promising when he went out against Mississippi St.
"Game time decision" is what I read this morning. I think he'll play, but hopefully he won't be too limited.
Posts: 10,264
kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #1110
stonedstooge stonedstooge is online now
Arf! Arf! Arf!
 
stonedstooge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North
Casino cash: $20362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
"Game time decision" is what I read this morning. I think he'll play, but hopefully he won't be too limited.
He looked upset when he went down Wednesday night. Hope it was less of an injury then he thought when it happened
__________________
2013 ADOPT A CHIEF
Eric Kush




"Often is a word I seldom use"--JP
Posts: 22,677
stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.