Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 PM  
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4575858
*****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread*****

Best fans in the NFL.

Best-smelling parking lot in the country.

Gary Glitter.

Arrowhead flyovers.

Season tickets are still available.

Ground'em and pound'em with the running game until the defense breaks.

Book KC Wolf for your next birthday party or bar mitzvah today!

Join us in welcoming Fatty McFatfat, the new face of the franchise for yooooouuur Kansas City Chiefs!

Last edited by SNR; 04-17-2013 at 11:33 PM..
Posts: 54,194
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #3331
Frosty Frosty is offline
Go Beavers!
 
Frosty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Warshington
Casino cash: $1025400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
"Yes" as in I agree with this ****ing wall of text, Sorter or "Yes" bump your ****ing posts ripping Domer with logic?

I hope it is the first option.


Yes
Posts: 9,790
Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #3332
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,006
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #3333
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1091623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
None of them made as many NFL style throws or showed as developed pocket presence as Geno did. That is the selling point for me. Those who try to riduclue the AR and think it is just a college system aren't up to date on how NFL teams are passing the ball. NE, GB, NO, Denver, Atlanta, Reid, Detroit, all use base AR principles in their play designs in both base and varied personnel. For example, plenty of teams I mentioned run "Mesh" and AR staple out of both base and other personnel. The Pats additionally, love to use the hitch/seam concept with is an airraid staple as well. The AirRaid isn't a gimmick and plenty of teams are using its concepts in the NFL. FFS, I made a huge post about the ****ing levels concept with Geno earlier. Am I really going to have to ****ing bump that?
Futhermore, teams are deliberately incorporating limited-playbook offenses (ie. the read option run) to help young QBs adjust quickly.

I was watching (or reading, I can't remember) a thing the other day where they charted EVERY ONE of RG3's throws last year. About 80% of them were 1-read and go. He actually progressed to his 2nd read about 10% of the time. You could literally count the plays with 3 reads or more on 1 hand.
Posts: 60,525
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #3334
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4575858
No.

(What are we talking about again?)
Posts: 54,194
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #3335
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061267
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Futhermore, teams are deliberately incorporating limited-playbook offenses (ie. the read option run) to help young QBs adjust quickly.

I was watching (or reading, I can't remember) a thing the other day where they charted EVERY ONE of RG3's throws last year. About 80% of them were 1-read and go. He actually progressed to his 2nd read about 10% of the time. You could literally count the plays with 3 reads or more on 1 hand.
I know there is one that I can recall from memory from the first Dallas game in which he went to his 3rd read.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if he goes to his 1st or 2nd read if they're open. People get too caught up in "going to his 1st read" rather than looking at the D&D, formations, route design, and the defensive play. That's without knowing the playbook, playcall, audibles or game plan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,006
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #3336
Frosty Frosty is offline
Go Beavers!
 
Frosty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Warshington
Casino cash: $1025400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
It would have been better if detoxing hadn't posted while I was slowly typing.
Posts: 9,790
Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #3337
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1091623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
People get too caught up in "going to his 1st read" rather than looking at the D&D, formations, route design, and the defensive play.
Absolutely.

In today's NFL, just like in college, offenses are designed to get the ball out of the QBs hands QUICKLY.

I'd venture to guess that most QBs, even Peyton Manning, overwhelmingly favor their 1st read.
Posts: 60,525
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #3338
Frosty Frosty is offline
Go Beavers!
 
Frosty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Warshington
Casino cash: $1025400
It seems like if you are frequently going to your 2nd or 3rd read, it's because your #1 WR sucks.
Posts: 9,790
Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Frosty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #3339
WayneBowe WayneBowe is offline
It's a process.
 
WayneBowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
It seems like if you are frequently going to your 2nd or 3rd read, it's because your #1 WR sucks.
Or in Matt Cassholes case, you can't throw 15 yards +
Posts: 1,475
WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #3340
OrtonsPiercedTaint OrtonsPiercedTaint is offline
Veteran
 
OrtonsPiercedTaint's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $28424
The official 1st runner up QB drafted #1 thread most be Wilson.
Posts: 3,543
OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #3341
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $5363764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
I know there is one that I can recall from memory from the first Dallas game in which he went to his 3rd read.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if he goes to his 1st or 2nd read if they're open. People get too caught up in "going to his 1st read" rather than looking at the D&D, formations, route design, and the defensive play. That's without knowing the playbook, playcall, audibles or game plan.
Exactly.

A big part of a quarterbacks job is to study his opponents and to know the skills and limitations of his teammates.

During presnap reads, a quarterback is trying to assess what defense the other team is in and then identify the matchups.

That's why its ****ing retarded to try to clown Geno because he went with his first read a lot...the guy completed over 70% of his throws because he identified the opposing defense presnap and knew what matchup his WR would win.

That's a strength, not a weakness.

If the guy stayed with his first read a lot and was completing 57% of his throws...checking down a lot, taking a lot of sacks and forcing passes into doubles and getting the passes intercepted...that's a problem. That's what Matt Cassel did.

Geno is a cerebral quarterback and its funny to watch the media dumbasses that can't tell the difference.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 28,998
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #3342
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $5363764
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Absolutely.

In today's NFL, just like in college, offenses are designed to get the ball out of the QBs hands QUICKLY.

I'd venture to guess that most QBs, even Peyton Manning, overwhelmingly favor their 1st read.
In his last year in Indy that he played, passes to Reggie Wayne got intercepted at a crazy rate because of just that.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 28,998
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #3343
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1091623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Exactly.

A big part of a quarterbacks job is to study his opponents and to know the skills and limitations of his teammates.

During presnap reads, a quarterback is trying to assess what defense the other team is in and then identify the matchups.

That's why its ****ing retarded to try to clown Geno because he went with his first read a lot...the guy completed over 70% of his throws because he identified the opposing defense presnap and knew what matchup his WR would win.

That's a strength, not a weakness.

If the guy stayed with his first read a lot and was completing 57% of his throws...checking down a lot, taking a lot of sacks and forcing passes into doubles and getting the passes intercepted...that's a problem. That's what Matt Cassel did.

Geno is a cerebral quarterback and its funny to watch the media dumbasses that can't tell the difference.
Posts: 60,525
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #3344
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Both.
God damnit. I'll find those posts either tonight or tomorrow.

Probably tomorrow though. I'm a lazy ****.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,006
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #3345
Nightfyre Nightfyre is offline
MVP
 
Nightfyre's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Helena, MT
Casino cash: $87590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Or in Matt Cassholes case, you can't throw 15 yards +
In Cassel's case, he gave his second and third read completely amiss and immediately checked down. And sometimes, I'm pretty sure he actually skipped his first read while he was shitting his pants.
Posts: 15,784
Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.