Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 AM  
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $636
The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers***

Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC.

Note from Gonzo:

Spoiler Tag all comic book references please. Anything from episodes that have already aired is fine.

Last edited by Gonzo; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Posts: 42,082
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #3991
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $1220
Herschel used to kind of annoy me when they were on the farm, but I like the character a lot more now.
Posts: 20,539
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #3992
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7985
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevB View Post
Can someone explain why the better plan isn't just to move on and find somewhere else to fortify your group?
My thoughts exactly. It just doesnt make much sense to me that the followers of the Governor and Rick would be willing to go to war and risk their lives for them.

Heck, you could make a solid argument that Martinez + Daryl should just take out the Governor and Rick. Then create a supergroup with the Prison and Woodbury.

They still havent given me a solid reason why Andrea stays with the Govenor? What has she done that was so wrong she couldnt rejoing Ricks group? In the previews for next week, it does look like shes starting to come to her senses.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,809
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #3993
frankotank frankotank is offline
I like 'em mustard & biscuits
 
frankotank's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Hill
Casino cash: $5460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
My thoughts exactly. It just doesnt make much sense to me that the followers of the Governor and Rick would be willing to go to war and risk their lives for them.

Heck, you could make a solid argument that Martinez + Daryl should just take out the Governor and Rick. Then create a supergroup with the Prison and Woodbury.

They still havent given me a solid reason why Andrea stays with the Govenor? What has she done that was so wrong she couldnt rejoing Ricks group? In the previews for next week, it does look like shes starting to come to her senses.
RIGHT! because like I said....I don't feel there is enough proof or reason for the Govs people to be all...WE GOTTA KILL THESE GUYS. the storyline hasn't supported that.
it's really getting kinda dumb. the ONLY one that wants to kill kill kill is the Gov. why write his soldiers as such mindless stooges? and then show the scene with Darryl where it's quite obvious the Govs boys are NOT mindless stooges.
oh well....
__________________
A naked American man stole my balloons.
Posts: 5,641
frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #3994
KC_Lee KC_Lee is offline
Peace kills...
 
KC_Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Madison, TN
Casino cash: $31
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankotank View Post
RIGHT! because like I said....I don't feel there is enough proof or reason for the Govs people to be all...WE GOTTA KILL THESE GUYS. the storyline hasn't supported that.
it's really getting kinda dumb. the ONLY one that wants to kill kill kill is the Gov. why write his soldiers as such mindless stooges? and then show the scene with Darryl where it's quite obvious the Govs boys are NOT mindless stooges.
oh well....
Hmmm...makes on think that right before the big battle a large hoard of walkers will show up. Yep, calling my shot here that this is what will happen on the show.
__________________
“There is no absolute knowledge. And those who claim it, whether they are scientists or dogmatists, open the door to tragedy.” - Jacob Bronowski, The Ascent of Man
Posts: 2,735
KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #3995
frankotank frankotank is offline
I like 'em mustard & biscuits
 
frankotank's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Hill
Casino cash: $5460
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmahurin View Post
Spoiler!
OH YEAH! Thanks! I had forgotten the specifics.
now I completely recall reading that and being all....that's what you GET BITCH!
hahahaha!
__________________
A naked American man stole my balloons.
Posts: 5,641
frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.frankotank is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #3996
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7985
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankotank View Post
RIGHT! because like I said....I don't feel there is enough proof or reason for the Govs people to be all...WE GOTTA KILL THESE GUYS. the storyline hasn't supported that.
it's really getting kinda dumb. the ONLY one that wants to kill kill kill is the Gov. why write his soldiers as such mindless stooges? and then show the scene with Darryl where it's quite obvious the Govs boys are NOT mindless stooges.
oh well....

Yea, your right..they havent done a good job of explaining why the WOodbury people would be willing to fight and die for the Govenor. This war really boils down to a personal thing between the Gov. and Michone. Wait, didnt one of Ricks group accidently kill a kid during the raid? I guess from their limited perspective, they have been taught to fear Ricks group by the Govenor.


I like the show alot, i have alot of fun with it, but its the type of show that doesnt hold up once you really start digging into it after it ends. It is what it is, its probably the best its ever going to be and thats fine.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,809
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #3997
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan View Post
not to derail the thread - but 2nd one is good - 3rd one (just out) - is horrid.
Cool, the 2nd one is coming in today.


The first was good, but everything was a little too "convienient".

Apocalypse: Beginning of the End was a lot grittier. The guy is just a normal Joe who has to grind out everything.

I can see why WWZ was made into a movie. It has an Epic scope to it compared to the other books I have read. (Running zombies, though, that will hurt one of the most important scenes if they include it in the movie.)

Last edited by notorious; 03-15-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Posts: 31,112
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #3998
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10284
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
Hmmm...makes on think that right before the big battle a large hoard of walkers will show up. Yep, calling my shot here that this is what will happen on the show.
Good prediction. They act like walkers are an afterthought now, what we need is an Atlanta sized herd of a million to stomp a mudhole in their ass.
Posts: 31,112
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #3999
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $1220
They haven't really portrayed the Woodbury people as on board with a war. Matrinez and maybe one or two others. But them going along with the governor could be explained with extra privileges they probably get - like alcohol, or just the feeling of being a higher ranking member of the Woodbury society.
Not that many went to the prison. Most were back at the town and it's reasonable to believe that would be willing to take up arms in defense.
As far as they know Rick and his group are bloodthirsty kooks. They value their safety and their somewhat comfortable life so if the Governor says they need to pick up a gun in defense against some sort of barbarians they'd listen.
It'd be different if they knew it was a grudge against Michonne and that Rick and his group were really just like them, but they don't. Not for the most part.
Posts: 20,539
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #4000
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $6111
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
It'd be different if they knew it was a grudge against Michonne and that Rick and his group were really just like them, but they don't. Not for the most part.
I just don’t see people being that hard to work up into a fighting frenzy with the ole “those people what to take what you’ve got” scare tactic particularly not when there is a charismatic leader like the Governor.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,448
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #4001
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
I just don’t see people being that hard to work up into a fighting frenzy with the ole “those people what to take what you’ve got” scare tactic particularly not when there is a charismatic leader like the Governor.
No. Not on a superficial level anyway. That could change once people start getting shot.
Posts: 20,539
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #4002
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7985
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
They haven't really portrayed the Woodbury people as on board with a war. Matrinez and maybe one or two others. But them going along with the governor could be explained with extra privileges they probably get - like alcohol, or just the feeling of being a higher ranking member of the Woodbury society.
Not that many went to the prison. Most were back at the town and it's reasonable to believe that would be willing to take up arms in defense.
As far as they know Rick and his group are bloodthirsty kooks. They value their safety and their somewhat comfortable life so if the Governor says they need to pick up a gun in defense against some sort of barbarians they'd listen.
It'd be different if they knew it was a grudge against Michonne and that Rick and his group were really just like them, but they don't. Not for the most part.
Ok, that makes sense...but brings up another question. Why hasn't Andrea told them what a kook the Govenor really is? Why hasn't she told them Ricks group isn't really that bad? You know...the truth. She could potentially save a lot of lives.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,809
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #4003
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Ok, that makes sense...but brings up another question. Why hasn't Andrea told them what a kook the Govenor really is? Why hasn't she told them Ricks group isn't really that bad? You know...the truth. She could potentially save a lot of lives.
That would make way too much sense.


It's an obvious hole.
Posts: 31,112
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #4004
dmahurin dmahurin is offline
Veteran
 
dmahurin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Casino cash: $5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
That would make way too much sense.


It's an obvious hole.
It would, except for

Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Well there is no way they're taking a QB 1st, I'd be bet my left testicle on that.
Posts: 1,263
dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.dmahurin is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #4005
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmahurin View Post
It would, except for

Spoiler!
You guys are just too much.


Posts: 31,112
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.