Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

View Poll Results: Should we have invaded Iraq on 3/19/03?
Yes 16 15.53%
No 84 81.55%
Too close to call at this point. Leave it to Gaz. Also, I'm a wishy-washy fop of a human being. 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 AM  
Amnorix Amnorix is offline
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $212783
Invasion of Iraq 10 years later: Good move or mistake

10 years ago today the US invaded Iraq to overthrow the regime of Saddam Hussein. The after-effects of that decision are still being felt to this day, and obviously will continue to play out in the years and decades to come. At this milestone, however, knowing everything that you know now, should we have gone in, or not?

Regrets and hypotheticals aren't really the goal here. We could go on and on (and have, many times) about how the post-invasion situation was handled, etc. ad infinitum. You should vote simply on the facts as they have actually occurred over the last 10 years.

Poll forthcoming. Note that it will be a public poll.
Posts: 32,949
Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Amnorix has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #286
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4
Casino cash: $28270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Loon View Post
I thought the military had a retard test .
they do, that's why you never got drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
. Wow my respect for the military has slipped if .
your respect.

You never had any respect for the military you ****ing scumbag.
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #287
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $300190
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
It's only one THING, not things. And you cited a non-existent episode of Meet the Press instead of posting a youtube or a link. So what am I supposed to think?
The exact date is on the Hubris documentary. I went to Google and you tube to watch the whole taped segment and not just the quote they showed.

It does exist. Google it yourself. It's a fact. He said it. There is videotape.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,578
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #288
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $300190
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Wow at those poll results.
yeah this forum's polls usually skew about a far right as politically possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,578
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #289
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4
Casino cash: $28270
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
yeah this forum's polls usually skew about a far right as politically possible.
What if we didn't and Hussein stayed in power.
Would Qadafi still be in power?
Mubarek?
Civil war in Syria?

I'm just curious what you think the middle east would look like today. Better? Worse?
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #290
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The exact date is on the Hubris documentary. I went to Google and you tube to watch the whole taped segment and not just the quote they showed.

It does exist. Google it yourself. It's a fact. He said it. There is videotape.
I don't know what this Hubris documentary you're talking about it is because I don't spend much time in the liberal media bubble.

There was no Meet the Press on that date. They don't do Meet the Press on Fridays. So no, it can't possibly exist. Now if you got the date wrong, that's fine, just figure out what you're talking about and get back to me. Right now it looks a lot like you're just blowing smoke.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #291
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
i was 18 and stupid...
Mr bowe in all sincerity thank you for your service. Rather you view it as wasted time or misguided effort does not effect the respect you receive from me. You EARNED the right to determine if it it was time well spent or not~
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #292
suzzer99 suzzer99 is offline
Veteran
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LA
Casino cash: $53034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
yeah this forum's polls usually skew about a far right as politically possible.
Which really tells you something, that it's still an overwhelming no.

Also I love the attitude that we can never discuss giant mistakes like this in the context of electing a Republican president going forward. For some reason that's just not allowed, even though the odds Gore would have packed his cabinet with neocons who have always wanted to invade Iraq since the first Gulf War are infinitesimal.

Republicans: we must forget the mistakes of history in order to move forward, because er... something something
Posts: 4,793
suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.suzzer99 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #293
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4
Casino cash: $28270
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Which really tells you something, that it's still an overwhelming no.

Also I love the attitude that we can never discuss giant mistakes like this in the context of electing a Republican president going forward. For some reason that's just not allowed, even though the odds Gore would have packed his cabinet with neocons who have always wanted to invade Iraq since the first Gulf War are infinitesimal.

Republicans: we must forget the mistakes of history in order to move forward, because er... something something
yEah dher dATs it

Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #294
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473455
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Which really tells you something, that it's still an overwhelming no.

Also I love the attitude that we can never discuss giant mistakes like this in the context of electing a Republican president going forward. For some reason that's just not allowed, even though the odds Gore would have packed his cabinet with neocons who have always wanted to invade Iraq since the first Gulf War are infinitesimal.

Republicans: we must forget the mistakes of history in order to move forward, because er... something something
One thing it might tell you, if you're open to thinking about this objectively, is how much Barack Obama has bungled the follow up job.

It also might tell you that some people think overturning Saddam's regime was not worth ushering in a new era of democrat control at home.

But I'm sure you don't entertain these possibilities because they aren't middle of the road thoughts.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #295
chiefforlife chiefforlife is offline
Colorado Chief Fan
 
chiefforlife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Casino cash: $69791
Pat, if you still think Iraq was a good idea, then clearly nothing is going to change your mind. I realize some of those guys were your heroes but honestly, I dont see how anyone could believe it was good for anyone involved. Except Halliburton, that is.
Posts: 2,546
chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefforlife has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #296
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473455
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Pat, if you still think Iraq was a good idea, then clearly nothing is going to change your mind. I realize some of those guys were your heroes but honestly, I dont see how anyone could believe it was good for anyone involved. Except Halliburton, that is.
I think it was something that had to be done. I think we've bungled the follow-up badly though and that's as much the fault of a fickle population as it is poor leadership.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #297
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $593339
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Mr bowe in all sincerity thank you for your service. Rather you view it as wasted time or misguided effort does not effect the respect you receive from me. You EARNED the right to determine if it it was time well spent or not~
thanks...

i had a lot of good times while i was in the army, mostly with friends who worked in the pentagon with me in '68 and '69...

other times, not so much...

but overall i'd have to say it was a good experience for me at that time in my life...
Posts: 29,967
go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #298
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I'm still waiting to hear what your point was in post 61. Once you make a point, I'll respond to it. If you can't answer this baseline question, there's really nothing to talk about.



Are you changing the subject again? In post 61 you were blathering about misleading statements by key administration officials, now you're just talking about faulty intelligence. You really need to focus a little tighter on whatever your point is.
I know you lack reading comprehension, but what is really so hard about figuring out the point of the post was that officials made misleading statements about the War in Iraq. The sold B.S. intelligence to the public.

Can you disprove that? With your own evidence?

Let us stick with two examples:

3/5/02 Joe Wilson tells CIA there's no indication that Iraq is buying yellowcake. [Date the public knew: 7/6/03]

This tells us that the Administration knew that Iraq did not have yellow cake, but the Administration withheld that information from the public until after we had gone into Iraq. Therefore, the American public was purposely mislead on Iraq.

3/15/02 British intel reports that there's only "sporadic and patchy" evidence of Iraqi WMD. "There is no intelligence on any [biological weapons] production facilities." [Date the public knew: 9/18/04]

Same with this one. The Administration withheld vital information to sell the war.

Can you prove that the administration did not withhold information?
Posts: 3,627
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #299
whoman69 whoman69 is offline
The Master
 
whoman69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Casino cash: $61445
Horrible mistake. Every supposed reason for going to war was either proven false or overblown. It was all about regime change and getting our hands on Iraqi oil.

The execution of the war was criminally incompetent. We used three times as many troops in the first Gulf War and didn't plan to occupy a hostile country afterwards. The decisions were fueled by yes men afraid of telling Rumsfeld the plan was poised to fail.

We pulled out of Afghanistan putting the security of that country at grave risk which allowed Bin Laden to escape. It shouldn't have taken 13 years to get out of Afghanistan.

The war is also one of the major contributors to the deficit. If you voted for the Iraq war and continued tax cuts for the 1%, you should have zero room to talk about deficits.
__________________
-Watching Eddie Podolak
Quote:
Originally posted by Logical
When the boobs are a bouncin, the Chiefs will be trouncin
What the Raiders fan has said is true, our customs are different. What Al Davis has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words.
Posts: 23,081
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #300
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
__________________

"If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then Id have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.