Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM  
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $954253
NC Senate approves drug testing for welfare

NC Senate approves drug testing for welfare

RALEIGH, N.C. — The N.C. Senate approved a bill Wednesday that would require people applying for public assistance to pass a drug test and would require local Department of Social Service offices to conduct criminal background checks on applicants, according to WRAL.
The drug test requirement calls for applicants to pay for the test and bans anyone with a positive test from receiving benefits for a year, unless they can show they have completed a substance abuse treatment program and can pass a subsequent test.
Under current law, DSS offices may ask someone if they’re a fugitive or conduct a criminal background check, but they are not allowed to share that information with local sheriffs or other law enforcement agencies.
According to WRAL, the House version of the bill called for social service workers to call law enforcement if someone applying for Food and Nutrition Assistance, what many people call food stamps, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, which are cash payments, is found to have an outstanding warrant. The Senate version says the Social Services Commission will draft rules for what information will be shared with law enforcement.
Senators voted 43-6 in favor of House Bill 392, which will now head back to the House for a final vote on changes to the measure.
http://myfox8.com/2013/07/10/nc-sena...g-for-welfare/
Posts: 18,743
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $999179


Best part is the end when he asks the official to pee in a cup and the guy thinks he shouldn't have to. Why not? He gets money from tax payers also...

Last edited by KChiefer; 07-10-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Posts: 4,746
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #17
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Of the 4,086 applicants who scheduled drug tests while the law was enforced, 108 people, or 2.6 percent, failed, most often testing positive for marijuana. About 40 people scheduled tests but canceled them, according to the Department of Children and Families, which oversees Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, known as the TANF program.

The numbers, confirming previous estimates, show that taxpayers spent $118,140 to reimburse people for drug test costs, at an average of $35 per screening.

The state’s net loss? $45,780.

"That’s not counting attorneys and court fees and the thousands of hours of staff time it took to implement this policy," Newton said.
The law also didn’t impact the number of people who applied for benefits.

The findings don’t ruffle supporters of the law, who say that its primary purpose is to make sure taxpayer money doesn’t supplement drug use.


http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/2...ests-cost.html

Needs Repeating.

More information about why everything about this Policy is based off of lies.
Quote:
Drug testing proponents like to argue that there are large numbers of drug users going on welfare to get money to support their habits. The claim feeds into long-standing stereotypes about the kind of people who go on welfare, but it does not appear to have much basis in fact.

Several studies, including a 1996 report from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, have found that there is no significant difference in the rate of illegal-drug use by welfare applicants and other people. Another study found that 70% of illegal-drug users between the age of 18 and 49 are employed full time.

Drug-testing laws are often touted as a way of saving tax dollars, but the facts are once again not quite as presented. Idaho recently commissioned a study of the likely financial impact of drug testing its welfare applicants. The study found that the costs were likely to exceed any money saved.
and

Quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, writing for the majority, said that the drug testing was an unreasonable search. The state can impose drug tests in exceptional cases, when there is a public-safety need for them (as with bus and train operators, for instance). But the Fourth Amendment does not allow the state to diminish “personal privacy for a symbol’s sake,” the court said.
Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2011/08/29/dru...#ixzz2YjrHqWKd
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
I don't understand why conservatives support this.

Increases the Size of Government.
Increases Government reach into the lives of private citizens.
Increase Government Spending.

Does Conservative contempt for poor people really outweigh their supposed small government ideals?
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #19
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post

Best part is the end when he asks the official to pee in a cup and the guy thinks he shouldn't have to. Why not? He gets money from tax payers also...
I love that segment.

Can't drug politicians who are supported by the Public's dime.
Can't drug Corporations who take subsides.
Can drug test poor people.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #20
mikey23545 mikey23545 is offline
MVP
 
mikey23545's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $118559
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The only problem is that they can spend it on alcohol. We cant become the nannies. We are not their parents.

What needs to happen is they don't get their act together, make some positive changes in their life's, take some classes/training.....then we put a limit on how much government assistance they can get in a year and or in a lifetime. Its a hand up not a hand out. If you are not trying to get off the tax payer dime, then you can be a slacker on the charity dime.

Ahh, so glad to hear you say that!

That means we shouldn't be supporting their freeloading asses with welfare, right?
Posts: 11,861
mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mikey23545 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #21
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey23545 View Post
Ahh, so glad to hear you say that!

That means we shouldn't be supporting their freeloading asses with welfare, right?
90 percent of people on government entitlements go to the retired, disabled, or members of working households.

It is just a myth that people on welfare are freeloading.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #22
Backwards Masking Backwards Masking is offline
Bustle in your hedgerow?
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: NOT Missouri
Casino cash: $19247
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
only problem i see is that people doing the hard stuff like crack and meth only need three days to get it out of their system, seems like it might be pretty easy to beat the system.
three days sober can feel like 3 years to some of those people
Posts: 2,417
Backwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #23
Backwards Masking Backwards Masking is offline
Bustle in your hedgerow?
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: NOT Missouri
Casino cash: $19247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
90 percent of people on government entitlements go to the retired, disabled, or members of working households.

It is just a myth that people on welfare are freeloading.
i used to work with a 350 lb. "disabled" woman that's now "retired" at 50 and receiving medicare (don't ask me how) for a "bad knee" that only became bad because she ate herself to 350 lbs. and refused to lose weight

and my Grandma is friends with another "disabled" 400 lb. woman that gets the state to pay for her apartment, car, gas, food, bills and health care because she's "disabled" because she ate herself to 400 lbs.

and my gf used to live with a 40 year old woman WITHOUT ANY KIDS that wasn't obese that lived off WIC (WOMEN, infant and children) stamps for 2 years before my gf got sick of her trying to get out of paying rent with her tax dollars and kicked her out
Posts: 2,417
Backwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #24
FishingRod FishingRod is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $47478
While there are no doubt plenty of people taking advantage of the system, testing is a waste of time and money. It costs more than it saves and while it might kick a few people off for smoking pot, I think it is safe to assume our prescription drug abusers would be free to continue on their merry way because, after all they have a prescription.
Posts: 3,146
FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #25
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $11021583
boy -- this will really put the nail in the coffin of drug users -- all hail the WOD

(there is nothing conservative about any of this bag of lies)
__________________
two five
Posts: 10,383
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #26
ptlyon ptlyon is offline
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sioux City, IA
Casino cash: $39793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Masking View Post
three days sober can feel like 3 years to some of those people
No kiddin! Tell me about it!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Advertise here: $19.99 a month
Posts: 9,552
ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.ptlyon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Masking View Post
i used to work with a 350 lb. "disabled" woman that's now "retired" at 50 and receiving medicare (don't ask me how) for a "bad knee" that only became bad because she ate herself to 350 lbs. and refused to lose weight

and my Grandma is friends with another "disabled" 400 lb. woman that gets the state to pay for her apartment, car, gas, food, bills and health care because she's "disabled" because she ate herself to 400 lbs.

and my gf used to live with a 40 year old woman WITHOUT ANY KIDS that wasn't obese that lived off WIC (WOMEN, infant and children) stamps for 2 years before my gf got sick of her trying to get out of paying rent with her tax dollars and kicked her out
If you believe someone is gaming the system, then report them through the proper authorities.

But your anecdotal evidence is not a bases to believe the majority of people who receive help do not need it.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $144609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Ugh, again.

Ruled unconstitutional by courts in other states.
Welfare is not justification for a search and seizure without evidence.

Does not save money.

Only a small fraction of people failed.

There is no evidence that people on welfare abuse drugs in large numbers.
You can say the exact same thing about DUI checkpoints.

- it completely ignores the 4th amendment, and you can't not go through it in other words take another route in efforts to not go through it.

- it doesn't save money....in fact it's a giant waste of money and resources.

- out of the entire night of stopping and harrassing hundreds and hundreds of people depending on where it's at, only a handful or 2 are generally arrested, and sometimes it's on something else other than alcohol like a warrant or driving on a suspended license.

- No evidence?? All the evidence you need is to just take a trip down to your local 7/11 and look at the clowns that hang around the store at night. Let's not be stupid here. The reason why some people are below the poverty level is because they're stupid and made bad decisions growing up. Some may be technically out of their hands...tough shit it's not my problem and I don't think I should have to pay for someone else's food unless I choose to.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 30,485
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #29
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
You can say the exact same thing about DUI checkpoints.

- it completely ignores the 4th amendment, and you can't not go through it in other words take another route in efforts to not go through it.

- it doesn't save money....in fact it's a giant waste of money and resources.

- out of the entire night of stopping and harrassing hundreds and hundreds of people depending on where it's at, only a handful or 2 are generally arrested, and sometimes it's on something else other than alcohol like a warrant or driving on a suspended license.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
- No evidence?? All the evidence you need is to just take a trip down to your local 7/11 and look at the clowns that hang around the store at night. Let's not be stupid here. The reason why some people are below the poverty level is because they're stupid and made bad decisions growing up. Some may be technically out of their hands...tough shit it's not my problem and I don't think I should have to pay for someone else's food unless I choose to.
This is just stupid and factually wrong.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is online now
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $106386
Will never pass in current form. If it does, ACLU will challenge in court for years.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."
Posts: 19,111
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.