Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61325
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #5581
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $108180
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
The majority of the world assumed Zimmerman was up to no good.
A majority? You don't know that. You speculate an awful lot.

Quote:
If they saw him standing over a lifeless body, they would have taken action, maybe shot him on the spot if Zimmerman so much as flinched. And many of us wouldn't know how to react if Zimmerman did flinch.
More speculation.

Quote:
Ordinary citizens are not trained or prepared to profile people and to know how to handle themselves when they do.
So. It's still not illegal or wrong doing, ESPECIALLY when you look at the context of the break-ins in his OWN back yard. You're the one who was accusing him of profiling as in it being a bad thing.

Quote:
Enough talk about the cops being a terrible thing because they're run by the government.
Where did I say that in this thread? You're using a strawman here. Where did I say cops were being a terrible thing? More assuming and speculating. Cops themselves have even said, during the gun control debates, that they can't always protect us. It's a fact that some time must pass when one places a call to them. They arrive after crimes are committed more often due to this. I have no qualms with how the cops acted here. You're really reaching and your preachy.

Quote:
Cops are also trained to understand how to handle these matters -- while they slip up at times, they are a lot less likely to slip up than the ordinary person.
So. It's still a free country and there's no law saying a private citizen can't do it....and here it was valid.

Cops have been accused of profiling too. Some of them claim it's necessary.

IN my scenario above, you would have shot a man who turns out is more innocent than we realized. All because we made a rash assumption.

What scenario was that?

Quote:
The idea that ordinary citizens should be empowered to be proactive vigilantes is a scary proposition.
There you go again with your embellishments: "vigilantes" and "empowering people" to do this.

Meanwhile our own national govt wants ordinary citizens to act like block snitches these days.

If Z were acting as a vigilante he would have never called the cops.

Quote:
I get that you can't just wait for the cops to arrive, but there is nothing in what Trayvon was doing that suggests he was in any immediate danger to hurt anybody.
So that wasn't the point or can you not read. Z wanted to know where he was going so he'd know when the cops came. He did not want him to get away. His owns words show that.

Quote:
Not based on the facts we know from the case. All we know is that he was high.
We don't know if he was high. There was just a small amount in his system. I never said it made him aggressive, but it could have lead to him being a bit paranoid or led to misjudgment.
__________________
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.” — James Madison
Posts: 56,254
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #5582
BigCatDaddy BigCatDaddy is offline
Kicking Ass and Chewing Bubble
 
BigCatDaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Joseph
Casino cash: $1058957
ITT BEP kicks Zilla's ass.
__________________
"I voiced my opinion and announced I was forced to suck my babysitter's son's cock" - Red Guerilla (BlackBob) (Now known as CallMeSquidward).
Posts: 11,987
BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.BigCatDaddy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #5583
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $3187368
Nice breakdown there BEP, very nice.

Whether Martin was high or not, i simply couldnt care less... what matters is that here we have a young man (not a child) walking alone on rainy night, on private property he had no business being in, that had recently had a rash of burglaries, and it just so happens that he'd previously been caught with stolen jewelry and thieving equipment at school.

Throw in circumstantial evidence like him being thrown out of school for drug dealing and what you have is a rock-lock pattern of criminal behavior... weighing all of that, yep, Zimmerman had every right to ask him what he was doing there that night, the bold young man took exception to it and pushed things into a physical realm.

Did little goofy ass Zimmerman try to get all physical? even with his pistol thats highly questionable, i really dont think he has the guts, he was probably very relieved that Martin had lost him at first... my heart tells me he was surprised and jumped by the young man... if that makes me a racist in some peoples eyes, then so be it.
Posts: 26,796
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #5584
Rudy lost the toss Rudy lost the toss is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Casino cash: $44164
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Thanks! That was a good one.

I noted this, particularly for ThatRaceCardGuy but even others:
O'Mara cited his client's work as a mentor to black children and his having taken a black girl to his prom as evidence of his non-racist beliefs. "You didn't have to scratch very far below the surface to realize that George Zimmerman is an anti-racist," he said.
For all we know, working with black children at a shitty job only confirmed his racist beliefs. The loser probably took the girl to prom to protect her from the scary black teenage boys
Posts: 8,910
Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #5585
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $3187368
To quote a black Marine buddy of my son out in california... "man, that ***** was robbin'em"
Posts: 26,796
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #5586
Rudy lost the toss Rudy lost the toss is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Casino cash: $44164
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
To quote a black Marine buddy of my son out in california... "man, that ***** was robbin'em"
Instant credibility. Thank you for sharing.
Posts: 8,910
Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.Rudy lost the toss would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #5587
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $3187368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides View Post
Instant credibility. Thank you for sharing.
Just goes to show, some people think with their minds, not their emotions.

Now kindly go huff paint.
Posts: 26,796
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #5588
houstonwhodat houstonwhodat is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Parallel Universe
Casino cash: $22197
Zim should walk there is no evidence against him just a bunch of racial bullsit.

OOh dem black peoples gonna riot....
Posts: 2,637
houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.houstonwhodat would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #5589
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121931
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonwhodat View Post
Zim should walk there is no evidence against him just a bunch of racial bullsit.
None? There is that guy he killed. I mean, it's something.
Posts: 17,374
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #5590
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $1504
There isn't going to be riots.
Posts: 30,166
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #5591
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
None? There is that guy he killed. I mean, it's something.
Yes because every time someone dies, there has to be a knee jerk reaction and someone has to be guilty of something
__________________
-------------------
(Your company name here)
Posts: 13,205
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #5592
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Yes because every time someone dies, there has to be a knee jerk reaction and someone has to be guilty of something
He said there was "no evidence." From what I've seen and read, I don't think there's enough to convict Zimmerman. But there is definitely some relevant evidence against him, such as that he shot and killed someone.
Posts: 17,374
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #5593
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
He said there was "no evidence." From what I've seen and read, I don't think there's enough to convict Zimmerman. But there is definitely some relevant evidence against him, such as that he shot and killed someone.
I think that is sort of a given in a murder case, bro....LOL (I mean he admits he shot TM....)

He was correct in that there is no evidence of murder though, despite someone dying.
__________________
-------------------
(Your company name here)
Posts: 13,205
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #5594
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Don't tread on me.
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where the peaches grow
Casino cash: $144225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
ITT BEP kicks Zilla's ass.
Amen!
__________________
Urban Meyer: We're going to rotate them right away. We don't redshirt here at Ohio State. We're changing that up. We're going to have the culture out here that there's no redshirting. If you don't play here, it's because you're not good enough. It's not because we're holding you back. We're going to recruit the kind of player where we want them on the field right now. That's the approach we took at Florida, and it's the approach we're going to take here.
Posts: 8,051
El Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #5595
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $111033
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I don't believe you that you hope it doesn't happen because you're too complacent about it happening.
It's interesting to see you complain about others speculating when that's clearly your forte.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 20,977
Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.