Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 AM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $10081
Libertarian Jeff Bezos buys The Washington Post

Libertarian Jeff Bezos buys The Washington Post

Who knew that 2013's first billionaire-libertarian-buys-major-American-newspaper story didn't involve the name Koch? And how far the once-infallible business model of newspapering has fallen....

Bezos, who was named one of Reason's "35 Heroes of Freedom" in 2003, has contributed money in the past to the Reason Foundation, the 501(c)3 nonprofit that publishes this website. Reason on the Amazon founder here.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/05/am...e-washington-p
Posts: 51,260
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #31
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
It's fairly clear that you aren't actually reading my posts. No big deal, you are getting swept up in the hype so you're excited, but it's impossible to have a conversation like this.
I've responded directly to your posts. Don't pull that BS.

You said content would be the "same crap." That's BS. Users and big data will drive content like never before.

You keep shrugging off the delivery mechanism. To fire right back, how can I have a conversation with a person who shrugs off tablets/kindles as being critical to a publisher strategy, and thinks that their homepage can rival the kind of homepage and user experience the creator of Amazon can put together? Again, if this is so easy and common, then why aren't major publishers doing it already?

Of course there's hype. Two major newspapers were bought out by moguls, one of them (Bezos) being one of the most impressive tech minds out there. That deserves more than just a shrug.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #32
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $6829
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
There is unfortunately also the possibility that stories will be generated by demand + what the advertisers want. It's interesting to think of the implications. On the one hand, WaPo can become quicker to deliver the timely news people want to hear. On the other hand, stories can easily be influenced by the highest bidder.
Yes, it will be super interesting to see a world in the future where news delivery is influenced by corporate interests.

lolwtf

Where have you been?
__________________
Posts: 45,792
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #33
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $6829
The yellow first down line in TV football broadcasts. It will be interesting to see the implications. - chiefzilla150 on August 7, 2013
__________________
Posts: 45,792
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #34
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $28835
This can only end in pain and death.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/huf...ation-t,27244/
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 45,513
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #35
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13590
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I've responded directly to your posts. Don't pull that BS.

You said content would be the "same crap." That's BS. Users and big data will drive content like never before.

You keep shrugging off the delivery mechanism. To fire right back, how can I have a conversation with a person who shrugs off tablets/kindles as being critical to a publisher strategy, and thinks that their homepage can rival the kind of homepage and user experience the creator of Amazon can put together? Again, if this is so easy and common, then why aren't major publishers doing it already?

Of course there's hype. Two major newspapers were bought out by moguls, one of them (Bezos) being one of the most impressive tech minds out there. That deserves more than just a shrug.
It's not BS, you really aren't following what I am saying to you. Let me see if I can make this more clear:

1) I own a Kindle. I now use a Kindle for the same things that I used to use a laptop. You should probably move past hyping the Kindle; more people have cell phones, and cell phones are becoming more and more powerful.

2) Tailoring content to individuals or groups of individuals is not new, is not revolutionary, is not exciting and is not in the least bit compelling to anyone who pays attention to anything.

3) This is a manufactured situation. The people who spend big money and the people who get paid to generate buzz are manipulating you. This is style over substance, form over function, embracing hype when nothing is going on. The real revolution will be the resurgence of journalism in American media. If that ever happens, then whoever can provide it will explode.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,131
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #36
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
It's not BS, you really aren't following what I am saying to you. Let me see if I can make this more clear:

1) I own a Kindle. I now use a Kindle for the same things that I used to use a laptop. You should probably move past hyping the Kindle; more people have cell phones, and cell phones are becoming more and more powerful.
I didn't say it was just a Kindle. I said multiple devices, particularly tablets including the Kindle.

Quote:
2) Tailoring content to individuals or groups of individuals is not new, is not revolutionary, is not exciting and is not in the least bit compelling to anyone who pays attention to anything.
Name a major publisher that does this, especially with the kind of big data they will be able to collect that most major publishers don't. Most publishers who do this or niche and don't have the kind of credibility as a WaPo.

Quote:
3) This is a manufactured situation. The people who spend big money and the people who get paid to generate buzz are manipulating you. This is style over substance, form over function, embracing hype when nothing is going on. The real revolution will be the resurgence of journalism in American media. If that ever happens, then whoever can provide it will explode.
No major publisher has successfully brought old school publishing into the digital age. Let me repeat... What is iTunes? Was an mp3 player or mp3 store new? Was apple the first to market with mp3s or mp3 players? No. You had one innovator who figured out how to take an old package and wrap it in a shiny new method of delivery.

I respect bezos a lot. The idea that he would venture off into this new world without a plan for big things is complete crazy talk. Of course there is buzz. You have one of the best innovative businesses s minds investing big money into an industry that needs help.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #37
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13590
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I didn't say it was just a Kindle. I said multiple devices, particularly tablets including the Kindle.


Name a major publisher that does this, especially with the kind of big data they will be able to collect that most major publishers don't. Most publishers who do this or niche and don't have the kind of credibility as a WaPo.



No major publisher has successfully brought old school publishing into the digital age. Let me repeat... What is iTunes? Was an mp3 player or mp3 store new? Was apple the first to market with mp3s or mp3 players? No. You had one innovator who figured out how to take an old package and wrap it in a shiny new method of delivery.

I respect bezos a lot. The idea that he would venture off into this new world without a plan for big things is complete crazy talk. Of course there is buzz. You have one of the best innovative businesses s minds investing big money into an industry that needs help.
I made the Kindle comment because you misunderstood it earlier. I mentioned that it replaced my laptop and you said, "you may like your laptop..." That's how I knew that you weren't really paying attention to what I was typing. And what about iTunes? You think people are pirating news articles so we need an aggregator that sells them for $0.99 a pop? Apples and oranges. And, once again, tailoring content is an extremely old idea. How many providers do you know of that don't tailor content?
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,131
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I made the Kindle comment because you misunderstood it earlier. I mentioned that it replaced my laptop and you said, "you may like your laptop..." That's how I knew that you weren't really paying attention to what I was typing. And what about iTunes? You think people are pirating news articles so we need an aggregator that sells them for $0.99 a pop? Apples and oranges. And, once again, tailoring content is an extremely old idea. How many providers do you know of that don't tailor content?
My bad on the kindle part. Just read that, and you're right on that part.

iTunes did not invent mp3's. They were not even close to the first to sell mp3's, nor were iPods the first mp3 player. iTunes revolutionized the delivery system of providing listeners with the same exact content (music) in a more user friendly, dynamic platform, and now it's the gold standard for how people buy music. You keep talking about "same shitty content." iTunes was delivering the same shitty music through a channel that wasn't brand new at all. Just as the music industry clung to the music store / CD model, the dinosaur publishing industry is clinging to a newspaper model and an online delivery system that is clunky, not user-friendly, terribly incompatible with other devices and the cloud, and really clunky in how they set up subscriber services. They need an innovator to shake the industry up. Bezos, maybe John Henry, and Marisa Meyer are going to do that in a very big way. I'm listing just a few ideas, but these people probably have ideas we've never seen before. And they're going to do it by finally creating a digital publishing model that actually makes sense. Because unlike the dinosaurs currently running these publishers, they know how to do it.

Tailoring content? Most major publishing sites don't feature really smart home pages. Most major publishers have a clunky model for subscriber services and delivering content to multiple media (e.g. tablets, kindles, iPads). They have editors who dictate content, versus using data to determine what a broad audience wants to read. You have niche blogger sites and small publishers that do this, but most publishers including those with advanced models like CNN still pushing content on a one-size fits all basis. The content you see is the same that I see.

It's not hard to see that users are consuming content MORE than ever, yet major publishers are bleeding money. And also shouldn't be that hard to see that Mayer's interest in content, and John Henry and Jeff Bezos' strong interest in publishers indicates that they see untapped potential in the digital age. I fully agree.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13590
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
My bad on the kindle part. Just read that, and you're right on that part.

iTunes did not invent mp3's. They were not even close to the first to sell mp3's, nor were iPods the first mp3 player. iTunes revolutionized the delivery system of providing listeners with the same exact content (music) in a more user friendly, dynamic platform, and now it's the gold standard for how people buy music. You keep talking about "same shitty content." iTunes was delivering the same shitty music through a channel that wasn't brand new at all. Just as the music industry clung to the music store / CD model, the dinosaur publishing industry is clinging to a newspaper model and an online delivery system that is clunky, not user-friendly, terribly incompatible with other devices and the cloud, and really clunky in how they set up subscriber services. They need an innovator to shake the industry up. Bezos, maybe John Henry, and Marisa Meyer are going to do that in a very big way. I'm listing just a few ideas, but these people probably have ideas we've never seen before. And they're going to do it by finally creating a digital publishing model that actually makes sense. Because unlike the dinosaurs currently running these publishers, they know how to do it.

Tailoring content? Most major publishing sites don't feature really smart home pages. Most major publishers have a clunky model for subscriber services and delivering content to multiple media (e.g. tablets, kindles, iPads). They have editors who dictate content, versus using data to determine what a broad audience wants to read. You have niche blogger sites and small publishers that do this, but most publishers including those with advanced models like CNN still pushing content on a one-size fits all basis. The content you see is the same that I see.

It's not hard to see that users are consuming content MORE than ever, yet major publishers are bleeding money. And also shouldn't be that hard to see that Mayer's interest in content, and John Henry and Jeff Bezos' strong interest in publishers indicates that they see untapped potential in the digital age. I fully agree.
The iTunes comparison doesn't hold up. It was a legitimate alternative to piracy, delivering content that was otherwise illegal to access. And no, I am not impressed with a difference in the quality of content filtering, or the activity level of the filter being used. It's all hype and doesn't really perform a function that I can't do for myself. I am perfectly capable of skipping all of the "25 ways to ___ the ___" stuff, and I can generally glean the gist of a shitty article from the weasel words in the intro or the pic of Honey Boo Boo attached to the side of it. What would be truly revolutionary right now is journalism. Honest journalism would create original independent content.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,131
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #40
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
The iTunes comparison doesn't hold up. It was a legitimate alternative to piracy, delivering content that was otherwise illegal to access. And no, I am not impressed with a difference in the quality of content filtering, or the activity level of the filter being used. It's all hype and doesn't really perform a function that I can't do for myself. I am perfectly capable of skipping all of the "25 ways to ___ the ___" stuff, and I can generally glean the gist of a shitty article from the weasel words in the intro or the pic of Honey Boo Boo attached to the side of it. What would be truly revolutionary right now is journalism. Honest journalism would create original independent content.
iTunes was an alternative to piracy? iTunes is paying for music, piracy was stealing. Apples and oranges. What iTunes showed is that people wanted mp3's and they wanted to buy music in singles (not just in albums). Meanwhile, record companies continues to push CDs and full albums. Again, consumers wanted to consumer music in a certain way and music stores weren't doing that.

And no, no major publisher has figured out how to monetize subscription based services yet. And you're kidding yourself if you think there isn't piracy of journalistic content. Every time someone copies cuts pastes an article, they take away clicks from people who would click on that site and read it. Publishers are bleeding money because they have dinosaurs trying to usher their newspapers into the digital age.

And you continue to talk about what you believe would be revolutionary based on what you want. Guess what? I hate most of the crap on TV, but shit like the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo sells. Journalism that figures out how to monetize by becoming more effective at building the right stories delivering it at the right time, and making that delivery experience easy and jazzy is going to make a shitload of money. I'm sorry, I know you want better journalism stories, but it's short-sighted to say that's going to revolutionize the newspaper industry. What will revolutionize the newspaper industry is a major publisher that finally cracks the code on how to compete digitally. And that market is RIPE for an iTunes like disruption, which is why the Bezos acquisition has so much intrigue.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #41
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22885
Bezos is just another liberal. Sorry!
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,771
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #42
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $13881
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Bezos is just another liberal. Sorry!
so....?
Posts: 5,138
WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #43
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22885
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
so....?
So, don't expect the content to be revolutionized as much as claimed or implied.

Your copycat post, is irrelevant to the context here. Try something more original.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,771
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $13881
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
So, don't expect the content to be revolutionized as much as claimed or implied.

Your copycat post, is irrelevant to the context here. Try something more original.
What was I copying? I honestly have no idea.

Party affiliation isn't always the big bad monster you believe it is, but if that helps you feel better about yourself, then by all means go for it.
Posts: 5,138
WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #45
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22885
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
What was I copying? I honestly have no idea.

Party affiliation isn't always the big bad monster you believe it is, but if that helps you feel better about yourself, then by all means go for it.
Oh so you're admitting that you're trolling me as an individual now? I didn't make party affiliation into a "monster" here. However, when it comes to journalism ideological affiliation is a very relevant factor because no one completely escapes their own biases or world view when choosing what to report on and how.

In fact it plays a role in everyone's viewpoint. I don't call that a "monster" either. I call that a real world observation. It's the chosen ideology that would be the "monster." But let's not hijack. My post was relevant to this thread.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,771
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.