Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 PM  
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $569
Orange is the New Black - Netflix Streaming TV

This is a new series that is streaming on Netflix instant.

It got a good review on the AV Club.

Let's talk about it here. About to watch the first episode.
Posts: 42,074
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #31
Fruit Ninja Fruit Ninja is offline
KCXIV
 
Fruit Ninja's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $7576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Finished episode 3. Like it a lot.

Jason Biggs is by far the worst character on the show. Then again, I also ****ing hate Jason Biggs.
Well, i think thats how his character has to be. im on like episode 6 or 7. Its pretty good so far.
Posts: 23,494
Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #32
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
Well, i think thats how his character has to be. im on like episode 6 or 7. Its pretty good so far.
Nah. I just hate Jason Biggs.
Posts: 55,919
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #33
Red Brooklyn Red Brooklyn is offline
Veteran
 
Red Brooklyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Casino cash: $5532
I'm nine episodes in. It's fine -- good not great. Keeping my interest enough to want to finish it. But hardly groundbreaking or anything like that. Some great scenes, some terrible writing here and there. But, like I said, I'll keep watching. No deal breakers, here.
Posts: 3,437
Red Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #34
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $7952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn View Post
I'm nine episodes in. It's fine -- good not great. Keeping my interest enough to want to finish it. But hardly groundbreaking or anything like that. Some great scenes, some terrible writing here and there. But, like I said, I'll keep watching. No deal breakers, here.
8 Eps in and re: the bolded above;

Spoiler!


Took me until I started perusing the IMDB page for the show this past week to make the connection that Pornstache is Nick Sobatka.

__________________
SNL Standards and Practices - "you can't say 'midget,' It's just like saying the N-word.'

John Mulaney - "No it isn't, because you JUST SAID midget."
Posts: 41,899
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #35
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $8793
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Finished episode 3. Like it a lot.

Jason Biggs is by far the worst character on the show. Then again, I also ****ing hate Jason Biggs.
He's almost the equivalent Breaking Bad's Sklyer as far as me just wanting to just fast-forward through any scene he's in.
Posts: 18,367
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $5894
They just need to kill Jason Biggs and be done with it.
__________________

Posts: 8,007
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #37
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $7952
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Finished episode 3. Like it a lot.

Jason Biggs is by far the worst character on the show. Then again, I also ****ing hate Jason Biggs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
Well, i think thats how his character has to be. im on like episode 6 or 7. Its pretty good so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Nah. I just hate Jason Biggs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
He's almost the equivalent Breaking Bad's Sklyer as far as me just wanting to just fast-forward through any scene he's in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
They just need to kill Jason Biggs and be done with it.
I think SNR is clear, but for eve3ryone else, if it Biggs, or Larry you hate?

I;ve always been cool with Biggs, and I think that the character is a necessary counterpoint [now, I'm only through ep 8, so there's room for him to really asshole it up still.

I'm much more irritated that Piper is leaning back towards Alex. I hate the whole 'one love interest is a total ass, but is your 'true love' and the other one is a generally standup partner, but every misstep is overanalyzed and blown out of proportion b/c they're not 'true love'' trope of romcoms.
__________________
SNL Standards and Practices - "you can't say 'midget,' It's just like saying the N-word.'

John Mulaney - "No it isn't, because you JUST SAID midget."
Posts: 41,899
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
Red Brooklyn Red Brooklyn is offline
Veteran
 
Red Brooklyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Casino cash: $5532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
8 Eps in and re: the bolded above;

Spoiler!


Took me until I started perusing the IMDB page for the show this past week to make the connection that Pornstache is Nick Sobatka.

Totally agree with your spoiler. Every word.
Posts: 3,437
Red Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #39
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $5894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I think SNR is clear, but for eve3ryone else, if it Biggs, or Larry you hate?

I;ve always been cool with Biggs, and I think that the character is a necessary counterpoint [now, I'm only through ep 8, so there's room for him to really asshole it up still.

I'm much more irritated that Piper is leaning back towards Alex. I hate the whole 'one love interest is a total ass, but is your 'true love' and the other one is a generally standup partner, but every misstep is overanalyzed and blown out of proportion b/c they're not 'true love'' trope of romcoms.
Both.

I wouldn't say profiting on your partner's confidences is the act of a standup partner. Then again, there are a lot of things to hate about Chapman as well. Basically, they're both douchey self-centered assholes, but one of them isn't Biggs. Biggs just has such a whiney demeanor, or at least every character he portrays does.
__________________

Posts: 8,007
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #40
Red Brooklyn Red Brooklyn is offline
Veteran
 
Red Brooklyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Casino cash: $5532
Really liked the finale.
Posts: 3,437
Red Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #41
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $10629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Nah. I just hate Jason Biggs.
I'm pretty sure I know what you hate about him and I think that's why he's perfect for this.

He's supposed to be that guy.

Completely supportive to the point of being needy and insecure. Even after facing his worst fear about his wife being in prison does he cut it off or does he stick with her?

Why?

I think that's the point they're trying to get across...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 50,970
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $8793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I think SNR is clear, but for eve3ryone else, if it Biggs, or Larry you hate?

I;ve always been cool with Biggs, and I think that the character is a necessary counterpoint [now, I'm only through ep 8, so there's room for him to really asshole it up still.
Probably mostly "Larry" but Biggs just seems kind of annoying as well.

The whole relationship seems a bit phony to me. They hadn't been together that long and it seems kind of implausible that he would remain so devoted to her after the all the shit, unless he is just imagining taking advantage of all the freaky 3-way stuff that she is probably cool with.
Posts: 18,367
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #43
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $8793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I'm pretty sure I know what you hate about him and I think that's why he's perfect for this.

He's supposed to be that guy.

Completely supportive to the point of being needy and insecure. Even after facing his worst fear about his wife being in prison does he cut it off or does he stick with her?

Why?

I think that's the point they're trying to get across...
I'm curious (not enough to read the book the show is based on though) as to what really happened and what is fiction for the show. Was Larry really like that? Hard to believe, and I'm sure it is embellished.

I tried to google a 'fact vs fiction' article but didn't come up with anything decent. Baby Lee--what do you have on fact vs fiction on this show?
Posts: 18,367
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #44
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $10629
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I'm curious (not enough to read the book the show is based on though) as to what really happened and what is fiction for the show. Was Larry really like that? Hard to believe, and I'm sure it is embellished.

I tried to google a 'fact vs fiction' article but didn't come up with anything decent. Baby Lee--what do you have on fact vs fiction on this show?
Let me ask you this: if your wife was convicted today for something she did over a decade ago (before you met her) would you stand by her?

Really?...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 50,970
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #45
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $5894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Let me ask you this: if your wife was convicted today for something she did over a decade ago (before you met her) would you stand by her?

Really?...
There's a difference between a wife and a fiance of how long? I may be wrong, but I thought it was like a year or less? And it's not about what she did a decade ago, it's about her cheating on him now.
__________________

Posts: 8,007
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.