Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 08:33 AM  
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Dem Rep Ellison: ‘Very Good Idea’ for Government to Regulate CEO Pay

But they're not commies or even fascists! Riiiiight!
Wednesday on Bloomberg, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) said the government should “start talking about” regulating pay disparities between CEOs and the average worker....

Ellison said, “As you know, under the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act, it became required that the publicly traded companies would have to report the ratio between CEO pay and the median worker. It took about five years or more for the Securities Exchange Commission to create a rule. They finally did so now we have a data set of about 225 public the traded companies. We find that CEOs are paid an exorbitant amount of money’s compared workers. How bad and extreme it was really was shocking to me.”...

When asked if he is advocating government regulation, Ellison said,”I think it is a very good idea. We should start talking about it.”

Video in link with more info
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...ulate-ceo-pay/

Making everyone equal in life — by creating un-equal laws for equal results.
Posts: 102,857
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #16
BleedingRed BleedingRed is offline
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!
 
BleedingRed's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Houston, Tx
Casino cash: $500
What people don't get about CEO's compensation is the most basic economic principle........

SUPPLY < DEMAND

Good CEO's are in Short supply and Heavy Demand.....

jesus
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
Anyone specific? I really wish that you would've died during Harvey
Click Here to Join Discord Group
Posts: 7,312
BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #17
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Why does anyone care what their CEO makes? I'm more interested in what I make and whether or not I need to find a different path if I want to make more.
When I work someplace, I NEVER think of what a CEO or owner is making.
You have to really be a discontented and envious person to live like that.
__________________
Taking a brief break from Dongering,* to bring this announcement:

Israeli Uri Avnery, Veteran Peace Activist dies at age 94 in Tel Aviv. I will miss your bravery and your reporting over at Antiwar.com.

Now stay tuned for Tory Magazine sometime this fall.
Posts: 102,857
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #18
displacedinMN displacedinMN is offline
MVP
 
displacedinMN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Correcting papers
Casino cash: $22770
D-wad ellison has not had his name in the news for a while. Not here, or anywhere.
So it comes up with some off the wall crazy bullshit to get his next 15 minutes and get people to complain.

He does not realize-NO ONE CARES. This is a non-issue. And it will NEVER be able to happen.

dumbass.
__________________

My friend Jack helped my write this.
Posts: 10,277
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #19
vailpass vailpass is offline
Are U Ready For Some Football
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $24344
Scuzzy muzzy.
__________________
These violent delights have violent ends.
Posts: 53,464
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #20
Bob Dole Bob Dole is offline
King Shit of **** Mountain
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texarkana, Texas
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
D-wad ellison has not had his name in the news for a while. Not here, or anywhere.
So it comes up with some off the wall crazy bullshit to get his next 15 minutes and get people to complain.

He does not realize-NO ONE CARES. This is a non-issue. And it will NEVER be able to happen.

dumbass.
He's pandering to Millennials.
Posts: 40,696
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #21
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
He's pandering to Millennials.
Oakies
__________________
Taking a brief break from Dongering,* to bring this announcement:

Israeli Uri Avnery, Veteran Peace Activist dies at age 94 in Tel Aviv. I will miss your bravery and your reporting over at Antiwar.com.

Now stay tuned for Tory Magazine sometime this fall.
Posts: 102,857
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #22
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Why does anyone care what their CEO makes? I'm more interested in what I make and whether or not I need to find a different path if I want to make more.
1) Because they are accepting a shitload in crony capitalist benefits. If conservatives are outraged about welfare, they should be just as outraged if not moreso about corporate welfare. And asking whether their tax dollars for these corporations are actually used to create value to the taxpayers. If corporations want to forge their way without or with less government incentives, then we have less reason to be critical about how executives are comp'ed
2) I don't care what my peers or superiors make because we're paid market value. I have little desire to make executive pay - I wouldn't complain, but I'm perfectly fine with my living. When executives don't create jobs, more working class become unemployed and reliant on welfare. Your pension & equity gets a kick in the junk. Those jobs you hope will be there if your job is in jeopardy will be in short supply. I have been fortunate enough not to see downsizing, but I know too many good people who were not so lucky, especially in this current economy. When executive greed damages the economy, that impacts you and me indirectly, and I certainly care about that
3) Our executive comp is a laughingstock compared to most other economies. Study after study shows that executive comp is poorly correlated with performance. If you do a good job, sure, compensate away. If you do a bad job, executives still see pay hikes and worse, if they really **** up then they sail away on a tens of million dollar golden parachute.

I don't care if good executives make money. But it needs to be based on actual performance (not the crummy performance incentives we use today) and it needs to be dictated by a Board of Directors who is looking out for long-term shareholders. Instead, Boards are yes-men for executives and are creating atrocious incentive packages. Let's start there. Don't know how anyone can argue against either of those things.
Posts: 32,254
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #23
Randallflagg Randallflagg is offline
Veteran
 
Randallflagg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $7256
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
1) Because they are accepting a shitload in crony capitalist benefits. If conservatives are outraged about welfare, they should be just as outraged if not moreso about corporate welfare. And asking whether their tax dollars for these corporations are actually used to create value to the taxpayers. If corporations want to forge their way without or with less government incentives, then we have less reason to be critical about how executives are comp'ed
2) I don't care what my peers or superiors make because we're paid market value. I have little desire to make executive pay - I wouldn't complain, but I'm perfectly fine with my living. When executives don't create jobs, more working class become unemployed and reliant on welfare. Your pension & equity gets a kick in the junk. Those jobs you hope will be there if your job is in jeopardy will be in short supply. I have been fortunate enough not to see downsizing, but I know too many good people who were not so lucky, especially in this current economy. When executive greed damages the economy, that impacts you and me indirectly, and I certainly care about that
3) Our executive comp is a laughingstock compared to most other economies. Study after study shows that executive comp is poorly correlated with performance. If you do a good job, sure, compensate away. If you do a bad job, executives still see pay hikes and worse, if they really **** up then they sail away on a tens of million dollar golden parachute.

I don't care if good executives make money. But it needs to be based on actual performance (not the crummy performance incentives we use today) and it needs to be dictated by a Board of Directors who is looking out for long-term shareholders. Instead, Boards are yes-men for executives and are creating atrocious incentive packages. Let's start there. Don't know how anyone can argue against either of those things.


Good God almighty! If you truly believe the tripe that you have written - Well, I don't know what to say - it is so ridiculous - from start to finish.

Jesus Christ! Has anyone told you that you are a full blown communist!?!? Sonny, I worked in Communist Moscow - it doesn't end well for your types.....

Holy Shit!!!! You must be a hoot at family get-togethers.......
Posts: 2,954
Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Good God almighty! If you truly believe the tripe that you have written - Well, I don't know what to say - it is so ridiculous - from start to finish.

Jesus Christ! Has anyone told you that you are a full blown communist!?!? Sonny, I worked in Communist Moscow - it doesn't end well for your types.....

Holy Shit!!!! You must be a hoot at family get-togethers.......


Ok, you'll have to explain to me what's communist about my commentary. Getting rid of corporate welfare (corporations corruptly lobbying for excessive public benefits) is taking government away. Forcing corporations to focus on business performance and therefore job creation in order to reduce the welfare burden would create less government. And asking that every employee, including executive, be compensated based on supply and demand of labor is capitalism. And a true free market should be one where boards represent the shareholders, not executives abusing their power to create crony boards.

But yeah... buzzwords. Communism... I guess??
Posts: 32,254
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #25
srvy srvy is offline
Fight, build, win!
 
srvy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: KC
Casino cash: $31350
Maybe Rep. Ellison should not take a salary and have a day job like the Founding Fathers envisioned. They never intended this get rich on the taxpayers dime. Be a public servant not a government money grubber. Keep a day job.
__________________
"The victim stance is a powerful one. The victim is always morally right, neither responsible nor accountable, and forever entitled to sympathy."
Posts: 11,645
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #26
Randallflagg Randallflagg is offline
Veteran
 
Randallflagg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $7256
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post


Ok, you'll have to explain to me what's communist about my commentary. Getting rid of corporate welfare (corporations corruptly lobbying for excessive public benefits) is taking government away. Forcing corporations to focus on business performance and therefore job creation in order to reduce the welfare burden would create less government. And asking that every employee, including executive, be compensated based on supply and demand of labor is capitalism. And a true free market should be one where boards represent the shareholders, not executives abusing their power to create crony boards.

But yeah... buzzwords. Communism... I guess??

Re-read 1-3 and then if you STILL can't see how ridiculous your post is, let me know and I'll attempt to educate you.
Posts: 2,954
Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #27
BDj23 BDj23 is offline
There is always next year
 
BDj23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Pit of misery
Casino cash: $11700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
He's pandering to Millennials.
MUH CEO PAY# FEEL THE BERN
Posts: 4,771
BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BDj23 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #28
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Re-read 1-3 and then if you STILL can't see how ridiculous your post is, let me know and I'll attempt to educate you.
I just re-read it to you. But okay I'll number it out to you.

1) Crony capitalism and corporate welfare exist. And that is too MUCH government. The opposite of communism.
2) When CEOs don't create value or are over-compensated, they destroy economic value. Which impacts your investment and the job market which impacts you
3) When executive comp doesn't align with performance, then executives are doing a bad job for the economy. Market wage is capitalistic, not communist

What is communist about saying that executives should be properly compensated for performance. Meaning, if you suck at your job, you aren't rewarded as handsomely. Still waiting for you to tell me what part of anything I said is communist.
Posts: 32,254
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #29
vailpass vailpass is offline
Are U Ready For Some Football
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $24344
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I just re-read it to you. But okay I'll number it out to you.

1) Crony capitalism and corporate welfare exist. And that is too MUCH government. The opposite of communism.
2) When CEOs don't create value or are over-compensated, they destroy economic value. Which impacts your investment and the job market which impacts you
3) When executive comp doesn't align with performance, then executives are doing a bad job for the economy. Market wage is capitalistic, not communist

What is communist about saying that executives should be properly compensated for performance. Meaning, if you suck at your job, you aren't rewarded as handsomely. Still waiting for you to tell me what part of anything I said is communist.
Good luck with all that.
__________________
These violent delights have violent ends.
Posts: 53,464
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #30
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Good luck with all that.
Good luck with all what? Government shouldn't force compensation. But regulation can most certainly focus on stopping the practice of board cronyism. And I thought getting rid of corporate welfare was something populists were on board with, where left and right were on the same side.

What is unreasonable about any of that? Those 2 things alone would be a big step in the right direction. Yeah, good luck with stopping government corruption.... if that's what you mean, sure I agree.
Posts: 32,254
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.