Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 04:18 PM  
DaFace DaFace is offline
Kind of a mod
 
DaFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $26984
People who overestimate their political knowledge tend to believe conspiracy theories

Posting just because I'll be amused to watch the discussion. Not that there's anyone here this would apply to.

http://www.psypost.org/2018/06/peopl...theories-51447

People who overestimate their political knowledge are more likely to believe conspiracy theories
By ERIC W. DOLAN June 11, 2018

People who overestimate their understanding of political issues are more likely to believe conspiracy theories, according to new research that appears in the European Journal for Social Psychology.

“Conspiracy theories about government actors and institutions are widespread across the political ideological spectrum,” remarked study author Joseph A. Vitriol, a postdoctoral research associate at Lehigh University. “These beliefs attribute outsized influence to hidden actors or clandestine groups who are perceived as the root cause of an important world event, action, or outcome.”

“Because conspiracy beliefs often preserve discredited assumptions or serve as a basis for dismissing information that challenges one’s worldview, they are often difficult to correct (as is true for many political misperceptions) and can therefore undermine the ability for citizens to effectively and ethically engage in the political process.”

“Indeed, these beliefs are not constrained to the politically disengaged or the uninformed. Instead, conspiracy theories are commonly endorsed and propagated by actors at the highest levels of political power and, as a result, are consequential for public policy,” Vitriol said.

“In short, conspiracy beliefs are important influences on citizens’ political judgment and behavior. This can undermine the ability of elected officials to address problems in society with evidence-based public policy and governance. By investigating the psychological underpinning of conspiracy beliefs, we are better able to understand how these beliefs form and spread. We are also better able to identify strategies for informing or educating the public and combating the influence of false and fabricated information on political psychology and behavior.”

(more at the link)
Posts: 36,637
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:01 PM   #61
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
They didn't use any govt money though. That's what was barred by Congress. I think this one is arguable.



I think it's arguable. I never really thought on it much until I read something on the ballistics, but made no final conclusion...just more a could be to me.

Tell me why Jackie Kennedy felt LBJ was behind it tho'?
3-D computer reconstructions from 20 years ago pretty much confirmed everything on the Zapruder film is consistent with the single bullet theory.

What one person thinks matters not. Evidence does.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #62
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
Of Islamic terrorists. Not of US government agents.
Irrelevant. You either believe there are conspiracies or you don't. There's people here claiming they don't as an absolute and with no qualifiers.

Quote:
No one is saying conspiracies don't happen, o' fabricator of the straw man.
There's plenty of evidence in this thread. It's not a strawman.
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #63
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
Someone who applies a rational and evidence based thought process. Indeed as BEP points out, we are a rare breed.
No, it's actually not. That's the funny part. The definition of a conspiracy is an explanation of an event that defies logic. It's an explanation that contributes a hypothesis that contradicts the prevailing understanding of facts. Most often contributed the imagined results to the prevailing government.
__________________
Posts: 35,449
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #64
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Everyone who does not believe that a president of the US has ever been involved in a conspiracy please declare yourself now. I expect crickets.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #65
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
3-D computer reconstructions from 20 years ago pretty much confirmed everything on the Zapruder film is consistent with the single bullet theory.
I really haven't studied it much, as I indicated I read one ballistic's analysis that made me doubt. I think establishing motive for it has been all over the map. It's not something I have thought much about and don't care to get into it.

Quote:
What one person thinks matters not. Evidence does.
I don't think she thought that without any evidence and she's not the only person at her level that thinks that.
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 06-12-2018 at 10:10 PM..
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #66
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
Supporter
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $50200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
What do you non-conspiracy theorists think the 9/11 event was rightfully called? That was a conspiracy.

no one is saying it wasnt you ****ign dipshit


there were 19 hijackers, by very definition it was a consipracy involving them with AL Qaeda/ Bin laden etc...


jfc youre a tool
__________________
----
2017 Adopt-A-Chief : FRANK ZOMBO

Click here-->***The Holy Chiefsplanet Lexicon ****
Posts: 31,528
Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #67
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
No, it's actually not. That's the funny part. The definition of a conspiracy is an explanation of an event that defies logic. It's an explanation that contributes a hypothesis that contradicts the prevailing understanding of facts. Most often contributed the imagined results to the prevailing government.
I don't agree with the part I bolded. It does not most often have to do with a prevailing govt. Those just get more attention because those are controversial.

What was Watergate?

What is the current Russian narrative?

What are the hearings on our govt conducting experiments on people unknown to them and without consent about?

For that matter, what was using proxies to go into Syria? What was the bombing of Libya?
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #68
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
No, it's actually not. That's the funny part. The definition of a conspiracy is an explanation of an event that defies logic. It's an explanation that contributes a hypothesis that contradicts the prevailing understanding of facts. Most often contributed the imagined results to the prevailing government.
Google that shit. The most common meaning of conspiracy:

"a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."

Now a "conspiracy theorist" does convey the characteristics you describe.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #69
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post

I don't think she thought that without any evidence and she's not the only person at her level that thinks that.
Lack of critical thinking skills on display. Show me hard evidence.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #70
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
Lack of critical thinking skills on display. Show me hard evidence.
Notice I didn't make a claim that her position was true. Lacking of reading skills on display.

Just that she thought that. There was a tape in her belongings where she makes that claim on that tape. It came out after her death. I heard it played. But I don't know where to find it now.

I said I have been on a maybe about JFK but haven't really studied it. Again, please read. Lack of critical thinking skills on display.
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #71
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Notice I didn't make a claim that her position was true. Lacking of reading skills on display.

Just that she thought that. There was a tape in her belongings where she makes that claim on that tape. It came out after her death. I heard it played. But I don't know where to find it now.

I said I have been on a maybe about JFK but haven't really studied it. Again, please read. Lack of critical thinking skills on display.
I said "show me evidence". You said there must be evidence because Jackie and others wouldn't say stuff without evidence. This is a lack of critical thinking. Think before you type if you don't want to be called out on it.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #72
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Okay I did use google. Found this on the Jackie O tapes:
Jackie Onassis believed that Lyndon B Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy, ‘explosive’ recordings are set to reveal.

The secret tapes will show that the former first lady felt that her husband’s successor was at the heart of the plot to murder him....


The tapes were recorded with leading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jnr within months of the assassination on November 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.

The then Mrs Kennedy, who went on to marry Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had ordered that they should not be released until 50 years after her death, with some reports suggesting she feared that her revelations might make her family targets for revenge.

She died 17 years ago from cancer aged 64 and now her daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has agreed to release the recordings early....


A programme featuring the tapes will be aired by U.S. network ABC, and it is understood British broadcasters are in talks to show it here too.

ABC executives claimed the tapes’ revelations were ‘explosive’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ved-death.html
Also on the Daily Beast
https://www.thedailybeast.com/explos...to-be-released

There was an abc spokesman who claimed what was on them was erroneous is mentioned at the bottom of Mail link but no specific. I recall hearing a part of them played years ago. I was shocked at the sound of her voice. Never thought she'd sound as she did.
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #73
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Okay I did use google. Found this on the Jackie O tapes:
Jackie Onassis believed that Lyndon B Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy, ‘explosive’ recordings are set to reveal.

The secret tapes will show that the former first lady felt that her husband’s successor was at the heart of the plot to murder him....


The tapes were recorded with leading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jnr within months of the assassination on November 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.

The then Mrs Kennedy, who went on to marry Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had ordered that they should not be released until 50 years after her death, with some reports suggesting she feared that her revelations might make her family targets for revenge.

She died 17 years ago from cancer aged 64 and now her daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has agreed to release the recordings early....


A programme featuring the tapes will be aired by U.S. network ABC, and it is understood British broadcasters are in talks to show it here too.

ABC executives claimed the tapes’ revelations were ‘explosive’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ved-death.html
There was an abc spokesman who claimed what was on them was erroneous is mentioned at the bottom. I recall hearing a part of them played years ago. I was shocked at the sound of her voice. Never thought she'd sound as she did.
Your source is The Daily Mail from 2011? Do you really think explosive tapes are soon to follow??? This isn't evidence. At all.
Posts: 1,015
canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.canoworms has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #74
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
I said "show me evidence". You said there must be evidence because Jackie and others wouldn't say stuff without evidence. This is a lack of critical thinking. Think before you type if you don't want to be called out on it.
I am not trying to prove or disprove her claim. I simply stated what she thought and doubted she didn't have evidence. There's no way I can bring her back from the dead or have access to those tapes to provide you with your "hard evidence." You took what I wrote wrong.


Those tapes have her speaking and that is hard evidence of who she thought killed her husband. You're being ridiculous now.
__________________
Cheers to Donger. From Putin.

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 06-12-2018 at 10:39 PM..
Posts: 102,188
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #75
Randallflagg Randallflagg is offline
Veteran
 
Randallflagg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $7256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Well then that would apply to 80% of the people in America, but I doubt most of that 80% don't read many in-depth political books, but rely on TV.

I say BS. I mean it's not like the psychology profession gets much right since they even admits they can't cure anyone. They mainly categorize and list disorders.

I had a Poli Sci minor in College. Thank God I got through that. It is the most boring subject matter in the entire universe.

However, I do have a fairly good understanding of our Founders and what they had in mind for this "New World". This ain't it.
Posts: 2,665
Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.Randallflagg wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.