Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 AM  
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Seeking the Truth daily
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $34409
Unions are such a good thing

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY (WAFF) - The hurricane-ravaged east coast has been receiving north Alabama help, but crews from Huntsville Utilities learned they’ll be doing work in Long Island, New York instead of in New Jersey.

Crews from Huntsville, as well as Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can’t do any work there since they’re not union employees.

The crews that are in Roanoke, Virginia say they are just watching and waiting even though they originally received a call asking for help from Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

The crews were told to stand down. In fact, Moore said the crew from Trinity is already headed back home.

http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/s...sandy-recovery
Posts: 42,034
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #31
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $18001
Oh the insanity of it all !! Actually being union members who are victims themselves(which there are many I'm sure) who have to turn down down help because the help aren't your 'home boys' because they are still in contract negotiations indefinitely
__________________
"All real Americans love the sting of battle and may God have mercy on my enemies because I wont".

'Progressivism' is nothing more than a dressed up co-opted term for 'Marxism'.
Posts: 19,613
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $7371
so, CEO's are "union stewards" .. I've heard it all now. It's them poor people again, telling those rich mofos what to do. yep. nope.

with regard to the OP, how is it gov't can't rectify this.
__________________
The Greatest
Posts: 10,580
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $6470
Rich people run unions? Now I think I've heard it all. Yes, we don't elect members from our own body to an executive board, we hire rich people to run them. My God. I guess I shouldn't not expect answers like that. After all, these are the same people that have to invent bogey men to rail against. Maybe at our next convention, instead of having the national executive board sitting up front, we can just place a row of empty chairs for you guys to fulfill your fantasies with like they did at the RNC.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,663
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $21603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Zare View Post
so, CEO's are "union stewards" .. I've heard it all now. It's them poor people again, telling those rich mofos what to do. yep. nope.

with regard to the OP, how is it gov't can't rectify this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Rich people run unions? Now I think I've heard it all. Yes, we don't elect members from our own body to an executive board, we hire rich people to run them. My God. I guess I shouldn't not expect answers like that. After all, these are the same people that have to invent bogey men to rail against. Maybe at our next convention, instead of having the national executive board sitting up front, we can just place a row of empty chairs for you guys to fulfill your fantasies with like they did at the RNC.
The interesting thing to me here isn't that we have a prime example of the type of waste inherent in a union, it's that in the face of such an example we get dedicated little foot shuffling porters that come along to actually defend it.
Many of your unions are being run by the 1% you claim to hate and you don't even know it.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))

Last edited by Radar Chief; 11-04-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Posts: 24,497
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $6470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
The interesting thing to me here isn't that we have a prime example of the type of waste inherent in a union, it's that in the face of such an example we get dedicated little foot shuffling porters that come along to actually defend it.
Many of your unions are being run by the 1% you claim to hate and you don't even know it.
Prove it. Tell me you're spouting something more than a bad Hollywood movie premise. Yes, the 1% are running the majority of unions today, that's why they are so hell bent to destroy them. Its insidious.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,663
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #36
BWillie BWillie is offline
Crushing your Hopes & Dreams
 
BWillie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: baldeaglepoker.com
Casino cash: $41341
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaChief View Post
I hate Unions. They are the driving force behind the outsourcing that goes on in our manufacturing. I understand many years ago they had the best interest in the workers in mind but that day has come and gone. You don't need to be paid $25 to $35/hr to put screws in a car plus the costs of the other benefits the company gives.

If we paid a wage commensurate with the skill of the job we could again make things at a reasonable cost and bring more jobs home.
Couldnt agree more. Well said. One of the reasons the US auto industry went into the tank.
__________________
Who wants free money?

Use the link below to sign up at Bovada, BetOnline, Black Chip Poker and Ignition. Contact me for private deals, spot bonuses, possible rakeback or any questions!


THERE IS CURRENTLY A $500,000+ Bad Beat Jackpot at BetOnline! Sign up so you don't miss out.

Bovada, Ignition, BetOnline, Black Chip Poker: baldeaglepoker.com

Bovada Poker is back! Get up to $500 poker deposit bonus.
Posts: 23,308
BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.BWillie is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $6470
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie007 View Post
Couldnt agree more. Well said. One of the reasons the US auto industry went into the tank.
Yeah, it had nothing to do with bad management strategies or greedy investment bankers peddling sub prime loans they knew would fail.

Once again, its working Americans.

Bastards.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,663
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #38
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $21603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Prove it. Tell me you're spouting something more than a bad Hollywood movie premise. Yes, the 1% are running the majority of unions today, that's why they are so hell bent to destroy them. Its insidious.
Your Google broke? Its not like it takes much searching to find out on your own that National Education Association President Dennis Van Roekel received $460,060 in pay and benefits in 2011. Or that American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees President Gerald McEntee 2011 salary was $512,489. And so on and so forth.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 24,497
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $21603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Yeah, it had nothing to do with bad management strategies or greedy investment bankers peddling sub prime loans they knew would fail.

Once again, its working Americans.

Bastards.
What in the world do sup prime loans have to do with the GM and Chrysler collapse? You really have no clue what you're talking about do you?
It is undeniable that before the auto bail out the top >$5000 off the price of each vehicle GM sold was going to support the retirement of a former GM auto worker. In other words ~ 1/5 of the price of a new vehicle was going to support the lifestyle of someone that was no longer producing anything for the company. That is the reason for their collapse.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))

Last edited by Radar Chief; 11-04-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Posts: 24,497
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $6470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
What in the world do sup prime loans have to do with the GM and Chrysler collapse? You really have no clue what you're talking about do you?
It is undeniable that before the auto bail out the top >$5000 off the price of each vehicle GM sold was going to support the retirement of a former GM auto worker. In other words ~ 1/5 of the price of a new vehicle was going to support the lifestyle of someone that was no longer producing anything for the company. That is the reason for their collapse.
Well, because you live in the conservative bubble, let me fill you in.

Economic bubbles, especially the last one, tend to deflate the whole economy, because entities that thought they were going to be raking in lots of cash, and then over borrowed because of it throw off all kinds of revenues from banks to corporations to municipalities. These entities default, which in turn drives down consumer confidence and raises unemployment. In other words, these are calamities on the scale of tens of billions of dollars, mostly occurring because investment bakers set the system up with them betting on its failure.

Now, once these entities are decimated, the conservative right blames union pensions as the reason these companies aren't doing well. Pension totals that come no where near what investment bankers have done to this economy, but its a convenient way to deflect blame. Just conjure up some ideas of mob driven union thugs of the 30s an voila, a new scapegoat, red meat for idiots like yourself who google their way through life and think they really understand something now.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,663
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #41
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $21603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
A whole bunch of wasted words when all I had to say was, "you're right".
Because that's what everyone else just read.

The funniest part of this is you obviously don't even know what it is you're cheerleading for yet its everyone else that's an "idiot living in a bubble." Priceless.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 24,497
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #42
petegz28 petegz28 is online now
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
So much for cutting through that red tape, heh Obama?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
All kinds of people vote. Not enough of those people think highly enough of Trump to make him President but all kinds of people vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
So, if they were polling better than Trump and the primary goal was to prevent Hillary from becoming POTUS, perhaps it would have been a better strategic decision to nominate someone who actually had a chance of beating her and preventing that than nominating Donald Trump.
Posts: 95,112
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #43
RNR RNR is offline
America is great assholes~
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: In some people's mind~
Casino cash: $28090
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Well, because you live in the conservative bubble, let me fill you in.

Economic bubbles, especially the last one, tend to deflate the whole economy, because entities that thought they were going to be raking in lots of cash, and then over borrowed because of it throw off all kinds of revenues from banks to corporations to municipalities. These entities default, which in turn drives down consumer confidence and raises unemployment. In other words, these are calamities on the scale of tens of billions of dollars, mostly occurring because investment bakers set the system up with them betting on its failure.

Now, once these entities are decimated, the conservative right blames union pensions as the reason these companies aren't doing well. Pension totals that come no where near what investment bankers have done to this economy, but its a convenient way to deflect blame. Just conjure up some ideas of mob driven union thugs of the 30s an voila, a new scapegoat, red meat for idiots like yourself who google their way through life and think they really understand something now.
How much did they pay in compared to how much did they get back? How profitable was the company? Oh wait that's right we had to payoff the union deals with tax dollars because the company went broke. Unions are all about raises but turn deaf ears when the company is losing money. That's ok let us tax payers cover the bill. Show me a union rep making less than 6 figures
Keep spinning~
__________________
The Trump campaign and Black Lives Matter movement are perfect for each other. Both sides filled with easily led and angry nitwits convinced they are victims~
Posts: 31,085
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #44
Brock Brock is offline
Say hello to my little friend
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $28522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
How much did they pay in compared to how much did they get back? How profitable was the company? Oh wait that's right we had to payoff the union deals with tax dollars because the company went broke. Unions are all about raises but turn deaf ears when the company is losing money. That's ok let us tax payers cover the bill. Show me a union rep making less than 6 figures
Keep spinning~
I guess the company executives gave back their bonuses, right?
Posts: 47,282
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #45
RNR RNR is offline
America is great assholes~
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: In some people's mind~
Casino cash: $28090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I guess the company executives gave back their bonuses, right?
Most likely not, so before we tax payers bailed out these ****s on both sides we should have said no right?
__________________
The Trump campaign and Black Lives Matter movement are perfect for each other. Both sides filled with easily led and angry nitwits convinced they are victims~
Posts: 31,085
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.