Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM  
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Casino cash: $21574
Horror Movies

Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
Posts: 18,285
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #496
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
find me on facebook
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Derek Wolfe's head
Casino cash: $2016177041
VARSITY
If you liked Creepshow you all need to see XX
Posts: 63,100
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #497
ohiobronco2 ohiobronco2 is offline
Veteran
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upper Arlington, OH
Casino cash: $5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Yep. You got it. Also a guest appearance by Cujo. Lol
Oh man, I completely forgot about that. I believe that is in the beginning. I'm now remembering the smoking scene as well. . I may have to rent Cat's eye now.
Posts: 1,394
ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #498
ohiobronco2 ohiobronco2 is offline
Veteran
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upper Arlington, OH
Casino cash: $5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
If you liked Creepshow you all need to see XX
Thanks buddy, I'll give it a try.
Posts: 1,394
ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ohiobronco2 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #499
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Not sure if its already been mentioned but I'm loving pretty much everything so far from Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson (directors.) Small indie directors who can take very little and do a lot with it.

Resolution, Spring, and The Endless are all very good horror/suspense flicks. Also they all apparently relate in a loose way (and not a lame way like Cloverfield.)

I highly recommend watching Resolution first and if you like that watch the other two in that order. It seems like the budget on each film got progressively better and so did each film...



__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 68,662
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #500
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $58698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I can't believe several of you hated Hereditary - I never get nightmares from watching movies - that movie freaked me TF out! I had the worse nightmare I've ever had after watching that!
Finally got around to this, and it is fantastic, though not in ways people might expect.

I think that the strongest aspect of the movie is how it blends the supernatural with the plausible and mundane. It's very current in the matters of gaslighting, miscommunication, and past resentments hindering current healing.

I'm not going to be too concerned about spoilers, but I will be as vague as is tenable. So for those still seeking a pristine experience, this is for viewers who have seen it, not a recommendation for the uninitiated.

Clearly, dark, otherworldly and determined forces are amassed against this family. But for a significant chunk of the movie it remains firmly in the shadows and on the periphery. This allows the narrative to stew in the poor communication within a family and the destruction it can cause even in the absence of malevolent forces.

We are much more shook living for a moment inside the mindset of a kid responsible for his sister's death than we are unsettled by the fireworks at the end. We are most confused and discombobulated trying to do the calculus of the father trying to make sense of seeming nonsense, even as it grows more and more dangerous and destructive all around him, than we are straight shook by the bump scares and shadows.

Not every family will be sacrificed to the ascension of a dark lord. But every family has secrets and strife and resentments bourne of shame and trauma. This makes it unsettlingly relatable as a family drama just as much as it is unsettlingly unrealistic as a supernatural tale.

One thing I did like from a stylistic/atmospheric sense, in stark opposition to traditional jump scares, a lot of the horror in this movie is the view slowly realizing the gravity of what is happening. So many horrors lurk in nooks and crannies and corners unremarked until your senses register them. Related to that, the director makes ample use of suspense by visual through strict control of the camera blocking and movement.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 11-10-2018 at 01:45 AM..
Posts: 73,946
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #501
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken Morlock
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Finally got around to this, and it is fantastic, though not in ways people might expect.

I think that the strongest aspect of the movie is how it blends the supernatural with the plausible and mundane. It's very current in the matters of gaslighting, miscommunication, and past resentments hindering current healing.

I'm not going to be too concerned about spoilers, but I will be as vague as is tenable. So for those still seeking a pristine experience, this is for viewers who have seen it, not a recommendation for the uninitiated.

Clearly, dark, otherworldly and determined forces are amassed against this family. But for a significant chunk of the movie it remains firmly in the shadows and on the periphery. This allows the narrative to stew in the poor communication within a family and the destruction it can cause even in the absence of malevolent forces.

We are much more shook living for a moment inside the mindset of a kid responsible for his sister's death than we are unsettled by the fireworks at the end. We are most confused and discombobulated trying to do the calculus of the father trying to make sense of seeming nonsense, even as it grows more and more dangerous and destructive all around him, than we are straight shook by the bump scares and shadows.

Not every family will be sacrificed to the ascension of a dark lord. But every family has secrets and strife and resentments bourne of shame and trauma. This makes it unsettlingly relatable as a family drama just as much as it is unsettlingly unrealistic as a supernatural tale.

One thing I did like from a stylistic/atmospheric sense, in stark opposition to traditional jump scares, a lot of the horror in this movie is the view slowly realizing the gravity of what is happening. So many horrors lurk in nooks and crannies and corners unremarked until your senses register them. Related to that, the director makes ample use of suspense by visual through strict control of the camera blocking and movement.
It's almost like it's a commentary on how genetics and ghosts of the past both play a role in the future (of Hollywood cinema)...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 68,662
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #502
KCUnited KCUnited is offline
Cheat Death
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of Drincoln
Casino cash: $28344
I watched Deadbeat at Dawn last night. Definitely more exploitation than horror, but if you're into cheesy, low budget, 80s gang/karate era flicks, it's pretty entertaining. It starts a little slow but the last 1/3 is like a vastly lower budget, more laughable, gorier John Wick.
Posts: 20,937
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #503
lastmanonearth lastmanonearth is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2018
Casino cash: $500
If you love novels by Stephen King, I can recommend new "It".
Posts: 10
lastmanonearth is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #504
lastmanonearth lastmanonearth is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2018
Casino cash: $500
What's about Pet Sematary?
Posts: 10
lastmanonearth is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #505
DeepPurple DeepPurple is offline
I could of gone pro
 
DeepPurple's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Villages, Florida
Casino cash: $5776
Ever since I heard about Ex Machina a couple of years ago I've been wanting to see it, it's a 2014 release. I've got all the premium channels on Directv and it's never played. I've was just flipping thru Netflix and under new additions there it was, couldn't believe.

I finally got to see it and it didn't disappoint. I'm sure everybody has heard about it by now. It's robots and AI (artificial intelligence). It keeps you guessing the whole way through about how it's going to turn out, it has a twist ending. Highly recommend this film if you're into sci-fi.

Posts: 488
DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DeepPurple has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #506
KCUnited KCUnited is offline
Cheat Death
 
KCUnited's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of Drincoln
Casino cash: $28344
Finally watched Hereditary last night and thought it was great. Toni Collette played about as good of role in a horror movie as I've seen. I wavered between wanting to do her like Kareem Hunt or Peter North throughout the entire movie. The camera work was fantastic as well. Really well done movie.
Posts: 20,937
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:53 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.