Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM  
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Solari Can't Adjust

I have heard all day long now people saying how good we looked on the first drive and then we went to pot. It's cause once we run out of the scripted plays Solari can't keep a rythm going. We saw it last year all year. Especially in the playoffs.

I don't think this guy knows the offense well enough to be an OC. Let alone well enough to start tweaking it to a Herm style with our personel.

I don't see the offense out there as confident in what they are doing and I think it's cause they are not confident in either what they are being told or they just aren't confident in him and that lack of leadership is showing.

We consistently throw sideways and run up the middle. Sunday we did next to nothing to stretch the defense. Granted some unfortunate things happened like a bad call on TG. But none the less our offense looks lost.

I don't think Solari knows what he is doing good enough to be effective calling plays in the game.
Posts: 93,489
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #16
FringeNC FringeNC is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NC
Casino cash: $16114
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
From listening to Lenny and Mitch yesterday, the deep patterns were being run and Huard basically just ignored them.

And that is why Herm chose him over Croyle -- Croyle would have attempted the deep balls.
Posts: 8,151
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #17
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
No of course not. But like i mentioned earlier, Huard knows his limitations and simply doesnt trust his arm enough to make certain throws.

Wellt hen they might as well of just left Croyle in. This team is just stupid. We have some talent we are just too stupid to use it.
Posts: 93,489
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #18
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $34554
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28
Wellt hen they might as well of just left Croyle in. This team is just stupid. We have some talent we are just too stupid to use it.
Is it any wonder why we havent won a playoff game in 14 years??
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 57,231
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #19
ILChief ILChief is offline
MVP
 
ILChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Casino cash: $24931
I wish Herm would hire a top-shelf offensive coordinator and completely turn that side of the ball over to him, even if it meant we became an Arena league team.
Posts: 10,165
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #20
Otter Otter is offline
Non Potestis Latere
 
Otter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Durango, CO
Casino cash: $19382
Solari...

Another in-house promotion by the Chiefs. It might be a good idea if they never do that again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
If the Chiefs manage to grab Mahomes I officially claim him as my "adopt a Chief".
Posts: 16,684
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILChief
I wish Herm would hire a top-shelf offensive coordinator and completely turn that side of the ball over to him, even if it meant we became an Arena league team.

You know I said a few weeks ago we need an OC with some clout that Herm will trust out of respect. Don't know who that would be but we need someone who knows a system and carries the respect to have his system implemented.

Solari is nothing more than a Jimmy Ray type band aid.
Posts: 93,489
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #22
blueballs blueballs is offline
Banned
 
blueballs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Casino cash: $5000
You don't understand the genious of Herm
the fans will cream their collective underware
when ever Croyle comes in and throws -hero
Posts: 14,233
blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #23
ILChief ILChief is offline
MVP
 
ILChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Casino cash: $24931
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28
You know I said a few weeks ago we need an OC with some clout that Herm will trust out of respect. Don't know who that would be but we need someone who knows a system and carries the respect to have his system implemented.

Solari is nothing more than a Jimmy Ray type band aid.
Exactly, We should have hired Martz as OC last season. Similar offense to Saunders, so alot of the players would already know the system. Even though Martz is a dick and a complete disaster as a head coach, he's one of the best OCs in the business. Look at what Jon Kitna is doing under him.
Posts: 10,165
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #24
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILChief
Exactly, We should have hired Martz as OC last season. Similar offense to Saunders, so alot of the players would already know the system. Even though Martz is a dick and a complete disaster as a head coach, he's one of the best OCs in the business. Look at what Jon Kitna is doing under him.

I agree. arogant as a head coach but that's what I want for an OC. Although we don't have the players to run his kind of system.
Posts: 93,489
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #25
chagrin chagrin is offline
Giggitty!
 
chagrin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Casino cash: $5005
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
Herm had a very good reason to keep Solari.

He's gonna make a good scapegoat some day, probably as early as this coming January.
That's actually a pretty valid point, though I don't don't know if you're joking - it makes sense with this regime. Solari is a tool and there is nothing anyone can say that would convince me that he's the right choice for OC. The entire team didn't just forget how to play football last year; the playbook was cut in half because junior there couldn't handle being an OC and this team is simply going to stink this year.
I have come to grips with it, regardless of how some teams turn it around, we simply have too many obstacles - so I have hope that next year will be alot better, can't get much worse.

Face it dude, Herm/Carl have really made some bad moves, such as drafting medlock (in my opinion), not doing ANYTHING to shore up our QB situation, and letting the O-Line go in the crapper.

I don't say this because I am a "fair weather" fan but there's no other logical way to look at it. I would love to be wrong - I will never not be a fan of the CHIEFS - I think they will do something better, next year.
__________________
I'll try to be nice to you, if you stop being such an idiot
Posts: 13,331
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #26
ILChief ILChief is offline
MVP
 
ILChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Casino cash: $24931
Solari is a very good offensive line coach. but OL coaches don't make good coordinators.
Posts: 10,165
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #27
EM31 EM31 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
Herm had a very good reason to keep Solari.

He's gonna make a good scapegoat some day, probably as early as this coming January.
Got it in one! That is Herm's MO.

Forget the fact that he is a dope.

Forget the fact that he is unqualified to be a position coach in the NFL let alone a Head Coach. (ultimately he will find a niche as a diversity officer with the league office or some such. But until then...)

Forget the fact that he is the worst game day coach in the history of the NFL. Look, he is stupid, there is really no getting around that fact but he is also unliucky when he does decide to gamble in a game.

Forget the fact that he is a horrible judge of talent (you just see the free agents he asks to have brought in and the ones he decides to let go). If KC is anything like NY then the GM does not let Herm get within a million miles of any actual draft day decisions any more significant than honey dipped Vs. chocolate sprinkles.

Forget the fact that players who get to play under a competent head coach after Herm will start to praise the new guy far actually teaching them something and preparing them to play the games (Se Brian Thomas, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes to name but a few). Herm does not do any actual coaching. He is a cheerleader and a media whore.

Forget the fact that he endorses a style of football which totally emasculates the players and the fans. Playing not to lose by more than 10 points.

The truly unforgivable part about Herman Edwards is that he is a dirtbag sack of shit who would toss anyone and everyone overboard if he thought it made him look good or (more often) if made him look less bad. Nothing is ever his fault. Ever. OK you say, so he is a dirtbag but why is that the worst part about Herm?

Because the sanctimonious turd insists on hamming it up for every Microphone in Christendom to lecture the world on moral values and high character. That's why.

This is a man who would throw his wife and mother out of a lifeboat of the Titanic if it got him a non-rowing seat.

You are one year into this and you have no idea. Not even the beginnings of an inkling about how bad it will become.
Posts: 39
EM31 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM31
Got it in one! That is Herm's MO.

Forget the fact that he is a dope.

Forget the fact that he is unqualified to be a position coach in the NFL let alone a Head Coach. (ultimately he will find a niche as a diversity officer with the league office or some such. But until then...)

Forget the fact that he is the worst game day coach in the history of the NFL. Look, he is stupid, there is really no getting around that fact but he is also unliucky when he does decide to gamble in a game.

Forget the fact that he is a horrible judge of talent (you just see the free agents he asks to have brought in and the ones he decides to let go). If KC is anything like NY then the GM does not let Herm get within a million miles of any actual draft day decisions any more significant than honey dipped Vs. chocolate sprinkles.

Forget the fact that players who get to play under a competent head coach after Herm will start to praise the new guy far actually teaching them something and preparing them to play the games (Se Brian Thomas, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes to name but a few). Herm does not do any actual coaching. He is a cheerleader and a media whore.

Forget the fact that he endorses a style of football which totally emasculates the players and the fans. Playing not to lose by more than 10 points.

The truly unforgivable part about Herman Edwards is that he is a dirtbag sack of shit who would toss anyone and everyone overboard if he thought it made him look good or (more often) if made him look less bad. Nothing is ever his fault. Ever. OK you say, so he is a dirtbag but why is that the worst part about Herm?

Because the sanctimonious turd insists on hamming it up for every Microphone in Christendom to lecture the world on moral values and high character. That's why.

This is a man who would throw his wife and mother out of a lifeboat of the Titanic if it got him a non-rowing seat.

You are one year into this and you have no idea. Not even the beginnings of an inkling about how bad it will become.


So how do you feel about Herm?
Posts: 93,489
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #29
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM31
Got it in one! That is Herm's MO.

Forget the fact that he is a dope.

Forget the fact that he is unqualified to be a position coach in the NFL let alone a Head Coach. (ultimately he will find a niche as a diversity officer with the league office or some such. But until then...)

Forget the fact that he is the worst game day coach in the history of the NFL. Look, he is stupid, there is really no getting around that fact but he is also unliucky when he does decide to gamble in a game.

Forget the fact that he is a horrible judge of talent (you just see the free agents he asks to have brought in and the ones he decides to let go). If KC is anything like NY then the GM does not let Herm get within a million miles of any actual draft day decisions any more significant than honey dipped Vs. chocolate sprinkles.

Forget the fact that players who get to play under a competent head coach after Herm will start to praise the new guy far actually teaching them something and preparing them to play the games (Se Brian Thomas, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes to name but a few). Herm does not do any actual coaching. He is a cheerleader and a media whore.

Forget the fact that he endorses a style of football which totally emasculates the players and the fans. Playing not to lose by more than 10 points.

The truly unforgivable part about Herman Edwards is that he is a dirtbag sack of shit who would toss anyone and everyone overboard if he thought it made him look good or (more often) if made him look less bad. Nothing is ever his fault. Ever. OK you say, so he is a dirtbag but why is that the worst part about Herm?

Because the sanctimonious turd insists on hamming it up for every Microphone in Christendom to lecture the world on moral values and high character. That's why.

This is a man who would throw his wife and mother out of a lifeboat of the Titanic if it got him a non-rowing seat.

You are one year into this and you have no idea. Not even the beginnings of an inkling about how bad it will become.
Jets fan?
Posts: 36,128
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #30
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM31
Got it in one! That is Herm's MO.

Forget the fact that he is a dope.

Forget the fact that he is unqualified to be a position coach in the NFL let alone a Head Coach. (ultimately he will find a niche as a diversity officer with the league office or some such. But until then...)

Forget the fact that he is the worst game day coach in the history of the NFL. Look, he is stupid, there is really no getting around that fact but he is also unliucky when he does decide to gamble in a game.

Forget the fact that he is a horrible judge of talent (you just see the free agents he asks to have brought in and the ones he decides to let go). If KC is anything like NY then the GM does not let Herm get within a million miles of any actual draft day decisions any more significant than honey dipped Vs. chocolate sprinkles.

Forget the fact that players who get to play under a competent head coach after Herm will start to praise the new guy far actually teaching them something and preparing them to play the games (Se Brian Thomas, Jericho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes to name but a few). Herm does not do any actual coaching. He is a cheerleader and a media whore.

Forget the fact that he endorses a style of football which totally emasculates the players and the fans. Playing not to lose by more than 10 points.

The truly unforgivable part about Herman Edwards is that he is a dirtbag sack of shit who would toss anyone and everyone overboard if he thought it made him look good or (more often) if made him look less bad. Nothing is ever his fault. Ever. OK you say, so he is a dirtbag but why is that the worst part about Herm?

Because the sanctimonious turd insists on hamming it up for every Microphone in Christendom to lecture the world on moral values and high character. That's why.

This is a man who would throw his wife and mother out of a lifeboat of the Titanic if it got him a non-rowing seat.

You are one year into this and you have no idea. Not even the beginnings of an inkling about how bad it will become.


Forget the fact that he's not your head coach anymore... but he still bothers you enough to come to his new team's BB and write a 2 page poem about him...
__________________
Posts: 34,271
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.