Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 AM  
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Are We Headed For Vermeil 2.0?

The way Mahomes can sling the ball shows promise for some high scoring offense. That being said, is the defense going to be able to cut it this season?

One thing that bailed out the defense to a degree the last few seasons was that Smith rarely turned the ball over. Even in a 3 & out situation, MVP usually kicked the ball deep enough to control field position.

Mahomes is neither Green nor Smith. I think he will put up the points Green did but obviously is going to have more turnovers than Smith did. Which is okay. But the defense can't be what it has been.

The defense and Bob Sutton are going to have to learn how to help out when those turnovers happen as they are probably going to happen more than they are used too given the nature of Mahomes. We know there are going to be some great passing plays. We also know that gunslingers will usually throw a few more INT's as well trying to make plays happen. Again, that is okay.

The Sutton defense of "bend but don't break" may have to take a page out of the Denver defense and start really getting after the QB and actually shutting down offenses before they get into FG range, etc.

If our defense is anything like has been during the Sutton era, we could be heading toward Vermeil 2.0 where you're going to have to hope 49 points is enough to win.
Posts: 97,136
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #106
kcpasco kcpasco is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Casino cash: $13563
Why do you guys think this offense will be great? Did you watch the o line.
Posts: 10,494
kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kcpasco is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #107
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $22166
This o line is a major concern especially on the left side with Fisher anchoring. He needs to bulk up do roids or something and get roidrage on the field.
Posts: 35,259
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:07 AM   #108
Nickhead Nickhead is offline
Drain Bamaged
 
Nickhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Home of the Tic Tac
Casino cash: $3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
This o line is a major concern especially on the left side with Fisher anchoring. He needs to bulk up do roids or something and get roidrage on the field.
unless harrison returns in the post season, fisher will have a great year
Posts: 4,922
Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Nickhead Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 AM   #109
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
MVP
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Currently in transit...
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Really good? Blew huge lead in the playoff? Twice! 2 of the 4 worst blown leads in the playoffs in the history of football are owned by this guy in a short stint of 4 years.

I'd say we had really 1 decent year of defense from Sutton. And even in that we blew a huge lead in the playoffs.
Both of those blown leads included a huge lead attained by aggressive offense in the first half, followed by the same offense going in a shell and not scoring points.

I blame Reid and Smith for both playoff losses more than I'd blame the defense - factor in Andrew Luck dribbling a fumble into the end zone on one game and Revis batting Mariota's duck back to him for a touchdown for the weirdness factor...THEN you've got stuff like DJs murder of Mariota called 'down by forward progress" (!) And somehow, that Colts defender was able to possess Alex Smith's 4th qtr fumble in the Colts playoff loss while literally laying on the ground, one butt check (along with half his body) being completely out of bounds...let's not even mention the (uncalled) mugging of DBowe on the final drive vs the Colts...

There's a LOT more to it than 'defense blew the leads in the playoffs'.

If Reid OR the refs call a better game, in EITHER game, we win

In a time where the rules are changed to favor the offense and reworded as to be able to be interpreted as opposed to absolute and enforceable, Reid/Smith and the refs deserve as much or more of the blame than the defense in BOTH of those losses.

Smith cost us the Pittsburgh game the year before last by missing wide open receivers in a game where points were at a premium.

We got beat at NE because Justin Houston was out so Sutton had to sit back and run Zone vs Brady, and Brady just picked us apart. And of course Reid/Smith couldn't keep up, points-wise.

It's a simpleton who goes "that defense sucks. Is this the Dick Vermeil era?"

Come on.

Bob Sutton is WAY better than Greg Robinson.
__________________
I wish that I knew what I know now...when I was younger.
Posts: 12,850
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #110
Best22 Best22 is offline
Veteran
 
Best22's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Both of those blown leads included a huge lead attained by aggressive offense in the first half, followed by the same offense going in a shell and not scoring points.

I blame Reid and Smith for both playoff losses more than I'd blame the defense - factor in Andrew Luck dribbling a fumble into the end zone on one game and Revis batting Mariota's duck back to him for a touchdown for the weirdness factor...THEN you've got stuff like DJs murder of Mariota called 'down by forward progress" (!) And somehow, that Colts defender was able to possess Alex Smith's 4th qtr fumble in the Colts playoff loss while literally laying on the ground, one butt check (along with half his body) being completely out of bounds...let's not even mention the (uncalled) mugging of DBowe on the final drive vs the Colts...

There's a LOT more to it than 'defense blew the leads in the playoffs'.

If Reid OR the refs call a better game, in EITHER game, we win

In a time where the rules are changed to favor the offense and reworded as to be able to be interpreted as opposed to absolute and enforceable, Reid/Smith and the refs deserve as much or more of the blame than the defense in BOTH of those losses.

Smith cost us the Pittsburgh game the year before last by missing wide open receivers in a game where points were at a premium.

We got beat at NE because Justin Houston was out so Sutton had to sit back and run Zone vs Brady, and Brady just picked us apart. And of course Reid/Smith couldn't keep up, points-wise.

It's a simpleton who goes "that defense sucks. Is this the Dick Vermeil era?"

Come on.

Bob Sutton is WAY better than Greg Robinson.
Anytime you score 44 points and lose, the defense gets 70% of the blame, atleast. The reason no one felt safe with a 38-10 lead is because the defense was trash. Remember the Oakland game? 35-10 lead glcut to 35-31. Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles baled is out in that one
Posts: 3,150
Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.Best22 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #111
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
MVP
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Currently in transit...
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Sutton was a part of the Rex Ryan defensive philosophy, no? That ain't bend-but-don't-break.
ha.

Depends on the personnel, ya know?

When Ryan was in Buffalo, his defense was 'suck-but-don't-bend'.
__________________
I wish that I knew what I know now...when I was younger.
Posts: 12,850
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:08 AM   #112
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
MVP
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Currently in transit...
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Anytime you score 44 points and lose, the defense gets 70% of the blame, atleast. The reason no one felt safe with a 38-10 lead is because the defense was trash. Remember the Oakland game? 35-10 lead glcut to 35-31. Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles baled is out in that one
What Oakland game? Where at and what year? There's two a year.

I remember the @Oakland game last year where the refs kept throwing flags for defensive penalties for untimed down after untimed down until the Oakland offense scored.

The rules favor the offense.

****, the Steelers scored 40-some in a playoff game, LOST, then fired their OFFENSIVE coordinator.

Should have scored 50.

It's 2018 in the NFL, the defenders aren't allowed to touch the QB or the WRs.

Score more points.
__________________
I wish that I knew what I know now...when I was younger.

Last edited by rabblerouser; 08-10-2018 at 06:16 AM..
Posts: 12,850
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:35 AM   #113
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
This o line is a major concern especially on the left side with Fisher anchoring. He needs to bulk up do roids or something and get roidrage on the field.
He's not a gladiator (either)...
__________________
.
#BEPdefendsLyingWhores
#FFFFFFFF
#ServeAtThePleasureOfThePresident
#WitchHunt
#ObamaEraSurvivor
#InTrumpWeTrust
#AbolishTheFBI
#MeToo
#HeToo
#Doorknobs
#BotsMan...BOTS
Posts: 70,965
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #114
TEX TEX is offline
I SURVIVED Herm, Scott & Matt!
 
TEX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $23227
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
What Oakland game? Where at and what year? There's two a year.

I remember the @Oakland game last year where the refs kept throwing flags for defensive penalties for untimed down after untimed down until the Oakland offense scored.

The rules favor the offense.

****, the Steelers scored 40-some in a playoff game, LOST, then fired their OFFENSIVE coordinator.

Should have scored 50.

It's 2018 in the NFL, the defenders aren't allowed to touch the QB or the WRs.

Score more points.
2013 at Oakland I believe. When Charles taunted the Black Hole and scored like 5 TD's.
__________________
Welcome to the National FIXED League...
Posts: 21,294
TEX has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #115
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
MVP
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Currently in transit...
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
2013 at Oakland I believe. When Charles taunted the Black Hole and scored like 5 TD's.
Oh yeah, that was classic.
__________________
I wish that I knew what I know now...when I was younger.
Posts: 12,850
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #116
MahiMike MahiMike is offline
He's Mahomie!
 
MahiMike's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Casino cash: $18537
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Defense still looks soft and doing the same shit. No push, playing way off of WR's. I know it's just pre-season game #1 but some things just need to be evident all the time. Things like push at the line are something we need to see all the time from our 1's & 2's
This is what pisses me off the most about our defense. Playing 10 yards off every damn time. The offense just calls the same play every time. AND IT WORKS!
__________________
I'll never forget where I was the day we drafted our future Hall of Fame QB!
Posts: 13,121
MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.MahiMike 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #117
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
This is what pisses me off the most about our defense. Playing 10 yards off every damn time. The offense just calls the same play every time. AND IT WORKS!
It wouldn't be so bad if the CB didn't drop yet another 10 when the ball is snapped. That makes come-back routes almost automatic. When the ball is snapped, the WR just has to run straight for about 5 yards and our CB will be 20 yards off an no one around the WR to stop an easy 8-9 yard throw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
All kinds of people vote. Not enough of those people think highly enough of Trump to make him President but all kinds of people vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
So, if they were polling better than Trump and the primary goal was to prevent Hillary from becoming POTUS, perhaps it would have been a better strategic decision to nominate someone who actually had a chance of beating her and preventing that than nominating Donald Trump.
Posts: 97,136
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #118
Molitoth Molitoth is offline
Chiefs Rubberneck
 
Molitoth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $25069
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if the CB didn't drop yet another 10 when the ball is snapped. That makes come-back routes almost automatic. When the ball is snapped, the WR just has to run straight for about 5 yards and our CB will be 20 yards off an no one around the WR to stop an easy 8-9 yard throw.
Our CB's have been doing this during Sutton's entire tenure.
It's lame and teams know how to beat it. We got lucky one year by leading the league in turnovers (Thanks Marcus Peters).

Sutton is still the biggest liability on this team.
Posts: 15,619
Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Molitoth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #119
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74227
Bumping for the obvious...

We are looking at Vermeil 2.0

All offense, no defense
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
All kinds of people vote. Not enough of those people think highly enough of Trump to make him President but all kinds of people vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
So, if they were polling better than Trump and the primary goal was to prevent Hillary from becoming POTUS, perhaps it would have been a better strategic decision to nominate someone who actually had a chance of beating her and preventing that than nominating Donald Trump.
Posts: 97,136
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #120
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $28576
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
This o line is a major concern especially on the left side with Fisher anchoring. He needs to bulk up do roids or something and get roidrage on the field.
Run blocking could use some improvement all around, but pass protection have been pretty solid overall.

Even Erving appears to be playing decently. I haven't heard his name (that I recall) that he got flagged for holding or false start in the last two games, so that's usually a good sign.
__________________
1985 & 2015 Major League Baseball World Series Champions
1980, 1985, 2014, & 2015 Major League Baseball American League Champions
2015 American League Central Division Champs
Posts: 45,103
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.