Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 05:27 PM  
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $1047137
How badly do you want Phillip Rivers to implode this year?

Seriously ... what the hell were the Dolts thinking!!

oh yea, i want to put the future of the franchise into the ability of Marty Shottenheimer to develop a quarterback.

the MAIN good thing about when the chargers hired Marty was the fact that they had a QB and RB already in place.

Now they jettison a successful Quarterback for a young QB with Marty "the QB destroyer" shottenheimer at the helm.


genious
Posts: 95,626
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #31
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $29495
Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.
__________________
Posts: 70,555
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:45 PM   #32
boltpower 21 boltpower 21 is offline
Super Charger
 
boltpower 21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Casino cash: $5250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder
Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.
I agree with the Marty comment. Cameron is one of the hottest o-coordinator at the moment and he's shown he can make Brees, who isn't your typical quarterback look pretty good.

One other plus for Rivers is the new QB coach, John Ramsdell, who came from the Rams. He's worked his magic with Warner and Bulger.

I also agree with the horrible looking mechanics Rivers displayed last year in the Denver game and in preseason. However, his release is still lightning quick but Ramsdell needs to work with him on getting some of his mechanics worked out.
Posts: 86
boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.boltpower 21 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #33
morphius morphius is offline
World's finest morphius
 
morphius's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $15127
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho
Not sure how many have done it but the most recent example is Roethlisberger. In his favor Rivers will have a dominating TE to throw to, a top running back and a pretty good defense. Additionally, this is not exactly his first year- he has been in the system for two years now and has some playing time. It would be nice but I will be shocked if the Chargers win only 4 games this year.
Of course if you looked at Roth in his first year he wasn't exactly lighting anyone up either. He was very limited in what he was allowed to do during the games to eliminate any mistakes. I mean it was more Martyball then we ever had to deal with.
Posts: 25,123
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:14 AM   #34
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
Be ready for an endless line of questions from Laz and Metro.
Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 24,701
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #35
CHENZ A! CHENZ A! is offline
pimping hoes + clocking a grip
 
CHENZ A!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $7669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan
Rivers will look like Leaf when he comes to Arrowhead.
You are exactly right... I hope you yell loud, 'cause I do.
__________________
2014 adopt a Chief: KC Wolf
2014 adopt a Ann: Ann Perkins

Posts: 6,204
CHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCHENZ A! 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #36
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrolike
Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.
...
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 24,701
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #37
Eleazar Eleazar is offline
_efensive folding
 
Eleazar's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Casino cash: $500
I suppose that I want every player on the other 3 teams in our division to implode. I don't have anything against Rivers though.
Posts: 61,138
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #38
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrolike
Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.
All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...

Quote:
I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.
Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.
Posts: 47,163
|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #39
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...



Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.
You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 24,701
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #40
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrolike
You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.
You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?

Quote:
I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.
Posts: 47,163
|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.|Zach| has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #41
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?
Nothing, except that if SD wins against every team against KC, they'll finish with a 14-2 record.

What I didn't particulary like is you accusing me of disliking Rivers, which I don't. I don't give a shit about him, I just don't want him to do well if he's playing for SD. I don't see how it's so hard for you to understand that.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 24,701
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #42
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Other than because I now live in San Diego home of the bandwagon fan kingdom. I have nothing against Rivers. But since I am here I hope he tanks as badly as Ryan Leaf did.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #43
Otter Otter is offline
Non Potestis Latere
 
Otter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Durango, CO
Casino cash: $19382
Yep, you would think they would have kept Brees and auctioned off Rivers

The only thing that could be worse for a QB than being drafted by Marty would be being drafted by the Chiefs. And why didn't Brees get that big ass mole removed now that he has all kinds of money?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
If the Chiefs manage to grab Mahomes I officially claim him as my "adopt a Chief".
Posts: 17,475
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.