Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 08:33 PM  
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeswari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $37580
First US "Safe Injection" Site Expected To Open In California

SF safe injection sites expected to be first in nation, open around July 1
By Heather Knight February 5, 2018 Updated: February 6, 2018 8:26am

San Francisco is on track to open its first two safe injection sites this July, a milestone that will likely make the city the first in the country to embrace the controversial model of allowing drug users to shoot up under supervision. Other cities — including Seattle, Baltimore and Philadelphia — are talking about opening their own safe injection facilities, but San Francisco could get there first. Facilities already exist in Canada, Australia and Europe...The city’s fiscal year starts July 1, and Garcia said safe injection should begin “close to that date.” After officials get a sense of how the first two are working, a third and fourth could open, she said. The safe injection sites will initially be privately funded, though Garcia wouldn’t say where the money’s coming from. She said that will help the city avoid liability, since intravenous drug use is against state and federal law. Opening the sites doesn’t require the approval of the Board of Supervisors or other city officials.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...n-12553616.php
Posts: 44,242
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #76
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Well it has been a long time, but it happened several times when I was big into the pool playing scene and was in that area. I was young and innocent looking back in the day.

The taking the shit between parked cars thing was only a few years ago and left a mark on my memory that will never, ever go away.

I felt sorry for the person, but then again, damn it. It would be horrible to be in a situation where that was your only option.

I saw something similar in Brazil about 10 years ago, sad situation. But at least they tried to be discreet.
This will be long winded, but I'll do my best to keep it as short as i can.

A lot of these people have mental health issues. When discussing the homeless, people need to keep that in mind. Someone shitting in a parking lot is not normal, not even for the homeless. Sorry, but most homeless aren't running around shitting in parking lots or behind bars etc. Only the severely ****ed are.

San Diego, near Petco, has a homeless problem. You'll find them near Petco and Eastern Downtown not because it's warmer there during the winter, but because the largest social service/Homeless shelter is just blocks away from Petco Park. San Diego's city council has been trying to get rid of that shelter for years because it's a wart on all their new shiny Condo projects in downtown. They don't want the homeless around soiling up their new condos and looking bad in front of the tourists.

That shelter though, is privately funded and largely exists because of donations and offers the biggest, most robust social services for the homeless in the county. Everything from shelter, to food, to medical all under one roof.

San Diego, and much of SoCal's solution for the homeless problem is "low income housing". These 6-figure income mother****ers who have no clue about what being homeless REALLY is, think they can cure this by building, essentially, The Projects here in SoCal. "Oh, SoCal living is too expensive, that's why they're homeless". Bullshit. Bull-****ing shit.

And it drives me freaking bonkers because it's not a real solution. It's an opportunity for the city to buy, sell, and develop rent controlled property. Very few homeless will actually benefit from that. It's the working poor who will benefit from that. Not the homeless.

................

Ok i haven't even made my point and this post is too long and i'm going way off topic.

What im getting at here is that the guys shitting in public aren't your regular homeless guy. They're broken. And no amount of free shit, shelters or anything will help them. That stuff already exists in ABUNDANCE here in SoCal, and none of it has changed them. They need to be institutionalized and rehabbed.

So when you see that uber dirty, stank ass homeless guy, understand that he's not that way because California doesn't offer help. It's because he's not mentally fit to accept the help.

So how do you help THAT guy?
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #77
HemiEd HemiEd is offline
Born genius, grumpy by choice
 
HemiEd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ozarks
Casino cash: $664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This will be long winded, but I'll do my best to keep it as short as i can.

A lot of these people have mental health issues. When discussing the homeless, people need to keep that in mind. Someone shitting in a parking lot is not normal, not even for the homeless. Sorry, but most homeless aren't running around shitting in parking lots or behind bars etc. Only the severely ****ed are.

San Diego, near Petco, has a homeless problem. You'll find them near Petco and Eastern Downtown not because it's warmer there during the winter, but because the largest social service/Homeless shelter is just blocks away from Petco Park. San Diego's city council has been trying to get rid of that shelter for years because it's a wart on all their new shiny Condo projects in downtown. They don't want the homeless around soiling up their new condos and looking bad in front of the tourists.

That shelter though, is privately funded and largely exists because of donations and offers the biggest, most robust social services for the homeless in the county. Everything from shelter, to food, to medical all under one roof.

San Diego, and much of SoCal's solution for the homeless problem is "low income housing". These 6-figure income mother****ers who have no clue about what being homeless REALLY is, think they can cure this by building, essentially, The Projects here in SoCal. "Oh, SoCal living is too expensive, that's why they're homeless". Bullshit. Bull-****ing shit.

And it drives me freaking bonkers because it's not a real solution. It's an opportunity for the city to buy, sell, and develop rent controlled property. Very few homeless will actually benefit from that. It's the working poor who will benefit from that. Not the homeless.

................

Ok i haven't even made my point and this post is too long and i'm going way off topic.

What im getting at here is that the guys shitting in public aren't your regular homeless guy. They're broken. And no amount of free shit, shelters or anything will help them. That stuff already exists in ABUNDANCE here in SoCal, and none of it has changed them. They need to be institutionalized and rehabbed.

So when you see that uber dirty, stank ass homeless guy, understand that he's not that way because California doesn't offer help. It's because he's not mentally fit to accept the help.

So how do you help THAT guy?
You make a great point and I sure don't have the answer.

I spent quite a bit of time down in Southern Cal as well, annual week trips for many years doing trade shows in Anaheim, regular trips to customers there etc.

Never witnessed what I did in San Franciso, not even close. San Jose and San Diego were the number one and two markets for our industry, so lots of trips.

With that being said, after reading the other posts in this thread, I was probably exposed to areas that are not the reality of life as a resident.

Like I said, I miss the Tadich Grill in San Francisco and Torrey Pines in San Diego, great memories.
__________________
Posts: 28,118
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #78
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bucs, Pats, Noles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
So when you see that uber dirty, stank ass homeless guy, understand that he's not that way because California doesn't offer help. It's because he's not mentally fit to accept the help.

So how do you help THAT guy?
Many of them are veterans—damaged by war. Reform our foreign policy so we're not involved in so many unnecessary conflicts.

As for the rest of then, you can't help someone who doesn't want help. If you still feel we need to, then you have to bring them up to being aware enough to know they need help and that it is available. Unfortunately, I don't think the current state of mental health can really help most of them.
Posts: 101,473
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #79
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Yonder View Post
Glad to hear that. Sound's like you raised him right! Just what is absolutely needed for pain and no more. Then, disposed of them, top floor stuff!!Sounds a lot like personal responsibility to me If everybody followed this simple formula, we wouldn't have an epidemic on our hands.
We try..
__________________
.
#AbolishTheFBI
.
#MeToo #HeToo
.
#Doorknobs
.
Bots man, BOTS!!!
.
Posts: 66,909
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #80
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
There are a lot of people talking about how morals and good upbringing and pain tolerance can prevent addiction. You're blissfully clueless and for the sake of you and your loved ones, I hope you remain so. But you have no idea at all what you are talking about. You are completely ignorant about the subject. You sound like someone who rented a moped on vacation giving badass advice to a Hell's Angel.
Posts: 1,002
canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:07 AM   #81
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeswari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $37580
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
There are a lot of people talking about how morals and good upbringing and pain tolerance can prevent addiction. You're blissfully clueless and for the sake of you and your loved ones, I hope you remain so. But you have no idea at all what you are talking about. You are completely ignorant about the subject. You sound like someone who rented a moped on vacation giving badass advice to a Hell's Angel.
I posted this thread because it seemed like a controversial topic that people would have differing opinions about. If you have any insight, please share.
Posts: 44,242
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #82
canoworms canoworms is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $5275
I'm an eagle scout.
My wife and I were both A students.
Neither of us have never used opiates for more than a few days and only as prescribed.
Went to church every week. Often twice a week.
Our daughter went to a Christian school.
My daughter became addicted on opioids and Xanax through medical prescriptions spanning years beginning when she was 14. She had false diagnosis for diseases such as Chrones - look it up. Devastating illness that is very difficult to diagnose with certainty. The diagnosis can take up to a decade.
95% of the drugs she took were doctor prescribed. I came down HARD on her when she turned to street drugs. Her in patient treatment was 7 months. Insurance paid for 30 days. She's been totally sober for 5 years. Other than 3 weeks of drinking she has been sober over 8 years. But she has had several out patient treatments and one in patient treatment since then, even though she's been sober. My wife and I were in a support group with other parents of middle class families. In our support group, I ran into three people that I know professionally. It is much more common than people think. We are very fortunate. We have spent more on her treatment and support than most people can afford. Had we been less advantaged, I have no doubt she would be dead. My daughter goes to funeral of a friend of hers that has OD'd about every six months. We're not better than those families, only luckier. We went through the worst of our troubles before heroin made a return. I shudder thinking at what would have happened to her if heroin had been readily available then.

Some families in our support group were thankful when their loved ones were in prison, because they knew they weren't using. User facilities are far cheaper than prisons for you tough-guys all about the tax dollars.

Last edited by canoworms; 02-13-2018 at 01:02 AM..
Posts: 1,002
canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.canoworms must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:00 AM   #83
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeswari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $37580
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
I'm an eagle scout.
My wife and I were both A students.
Neither of us have never used opiates for more than a few days and only as prescribed.
Went to church every week. Often twice a week.
Our daughter went to a Christian school.
My daughter became addicted on opioids and Xanax through medical prescriptions spanning years beginning when she was 14. She had false diagnosis for diseases such as Chrones - look it up. Devastating illness that is very difficult to diagnose with certainty. The diagnosis can take up to a decade.
95% of the drugs she took were doctor prescribed. I came down HARD on her when she turned to street drugs. Her in patient treatment was 7 months. Insurance paid for 30 days. She's been totally sober for 5 years. Other than 3 weeks of drinking she has been sober over 8 years. But she has had several out patient treatments and one in patient treatment since then, even though she's been sober. My wife and I were in a support group with other parents of middle class families. In our support group, I ran into three people that I know professionally. It is much more common than people think. We are very fortunate. We have spent more on her treatment and support than most people can afford. Had we been less advantaged, I have no doubt she would be dead. My daughter goes to funeral of a friend of hers that has OD'd about every six months. We're not better than those families, only luckier. We went through the worst of our troubles before heroin made a return. I shudder thinking at what would have happened to her if heroin had been readily available then.

Some families in our support group were thankful when their loved ones were in prison, because they knew they weren't using. User facilities are far cheaper than prisons for you tough-guys all about the tax dollars.

Thank you. I am somewhat familiar with the devastating effects of anxiety, depression, and addiction. I'm glad to hear that your kid seems to have gotten through the worst of it and I'm sorry that she has friends who weren't so fortunate. Been there done that. And it's horrible. Thank you again for insight based on real experience.
Posts: 44,242
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #84
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
There are a lot of people talking about how morals and good upbringing and pain tolerance can prevent addiction. You're blissfully clueless and for the sake of you and your loved ones, I hope you remain so. But you have no idea at all what you are talking about. You are completely ignorant about the subject. You sound like someone who rented a moped on vacation giving badass advice to a Hell's Angel.
That's it, after this post I'm totally OK with state sanctioned drug brothels. I mean, if my kid isn't strungout on drug, how could I possibly have a clue!?

It's not unlike idiots who harp on their kids to wear their seat belts, unless they've lost a kid in an accident they should just shut up because they don't know chit.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
.
#AbolishTheFBI
.
#MeToo #HeToo
.
#Doorknobs
.
Bots man, BOTS!!!
.
Posts: 66,909
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:10 AM   #85
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $87480
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
I'm an eagle scout.
My wife and I were both A students.
Neither of us have never used opiates for more than a few days and only as prescribed.
Went to church every week. Often twice a week.
Our daughter went to a Christian school.
My daughter became addicted on opioids and Xanax through medical prescriptions spanning years beginning when she was 14. She had false diagnosis for diseases such as Chrones - look it up. Devastating illness that is very difficult to diagnose with certainty. The diagnosis can take up to a decade.
95% of the drugs she took were doctor prescribed. I came down HARD on her when she turned to street drugs. Her in patient treatment was 7 months. Insurance paid for 30 days. She's been totally sober for 5 years. Other than 3 weeks of drinking she has been sober over 8 years. But she has had several out patient treatments and one in patient treatment since then, even though she's been sober. My wife and I were in a support group with other parents of middle class families. In our support group, I ran into three people that I know professionally. It is much more common than people think. We are very fortunate. We have spent more on her treatment and support than most people can afford. Had we been less advantaged, I have no doubt she would be dead. My daughter goes to funeral of a friend of hers that has OD'd about every six months. We're not better than those families, only luckier. We went through the worst of our troubles before heroin made a return. I shudder thinking at what would have happened to her if heroin had been readily available then.

Some families in our support group were thankful when their loved ones were in prison, because they knew they weren't using. User facilities are far cheaper than prisons for you tough-guys all about the tax dollars.
Great story, but I fail to see how legal drug brothels help to prevent it. I'll add that our stance on the opioids my son was prescribed was because of what we've learned / heard about them in recent years. Perhaps it started with Rush's highly televised run in with them.

I still think state sponsored drug brothels (ever if only "sponsored" by looking the other way) is a bad idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
.
#AbolishTheFBI
.
#MeToo #HeToo
.
#Doorknobs
.
Bots man, BOTS!!!
.
Posts: 66,909
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:53 AM   #86
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeswari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $37580
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Great story, but I fail to see how legal drug brothels help to prevent it.

I think the idea is that the safe injection spots prevent death. Not that it's a way to treat the addiction, that it's a way to keep people from dying. I will add that he brought up something that didn't occur to me; that incarcerating someone who is addicted to hard drugs may be a chance for that person to get off of them.
Posts: 44,242
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #87
Over Yonder Over Yonder is offline
Veteran
 
Over Yonder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North Missouri
Casino cash: $1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
There are a lot of people talking about how morals and good upbringing and pain tolerance can prevent addiction. You're blissfully clueless and for the sake of you and your loved ones, I hope you remain so. But you have no idea at all what you are talking about. You are completely ignorant about the subject. You sound like someone who rented a moped on vacation giving badass advice to a Hell's Angel.
So you are saying that a person has to make the mistake before they know it's a mistake. I shouldn't lecture people on how unwise it would be to put a paper clip in a wall outlet because I have never done it myself? Is that what you are saying here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Few things Democrats profess to love more than a failed Republican.

From Ford and Papa Bush down through Dole and Kemp, McCain and Romney, they universally exclaim 'why can't more be like THEM!!'
Posts: 3,359
Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #88
Over Yonder Over Yonder is offline
Veteran
 
Over Yonder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North Missouri
Casino cash: $1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoworms View Post
I'm an eagle scout.
My wife and I were both A students.
Neither of us have never used opiates for more than a few days and only as prescribed.
Went to church every week. Often twice a week.
Our daughter went to a Christian school.
My daughter became addicted on opioids and Xanax through medical prescriptions spanning years beginning when she was 14. She had false diagnosis for diseases such as Chrones - look it up. Devastating illness that is very difficult to diagnose with certainty. The diagnosis can take up to a decade.
95% of the drugs she took were doctor prescribed. I came down HARD on her when she turned to street drugs. Her in patient treatment was 7 months. Insurance paid for 30 days. She's been totally sober for 5 years. Other than 3 weeks of drinking she has been sober over 8 years. But she has had several out patient treatments and one in patient treatment since then, even though she's been sober. My wife and I were in a support group with other parents of middle class families. In our support group, I ran into three people that I know professionally. It is much more common than people think. We are very fortunate. We have spent more on her treatment and support than most people can afford. Had we been less advantaged, I have no doubt she would be dead. My daughter goes to funeral of a friend of hers that has OD'd about every six months. We're not better than those families, only luckier. We went through the worst of our troubles before heroin made a return. I shudder thinking at what would have happened to her if heroin had been readily available then.

Some families in our support group were thankful when their loved ones were in prison, because they knew they weren't using. User facilities are far cheaper than prisons for you tough-guys all about the tax dollars.
I can't think of a way to put into words what I would say to this without sounding like an asshole so I will just leave it at I'm glad your daughter got clean
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Few things Democrats profess to love more than a failed Republican.

From Ford and Papa Bush down through Dole and Kemp, McCain and Romney, they universally exclaim 'why can't more be like THEM!!'
Posts: 3,359
Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #89
Over Yonder Over Yonder is offline
Veteran
 
Over Yonder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North Missouri
Casino cash: $1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I think the idea is that the safe injection spots prevent death. Not that it's a way to treat the addiction, that it's a way to keep people from dying. I will add that he brought up something that didn't occur to me; that incarcerating someone who is addicted to hard drugs may be a chance for that person to get off of them.
9 times out of 10 junkies either end up there or 6ft. under. It's sad, but actions do have consequences

(And before some stat warrior comes along and blows up my numbers, yes they are pulled out of my backside, but I bet they are not far off.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Few things Democrats profess to love more than a failed Republican.

From Ford and Papa Bush down through Dole and Kemp, McCain and Romney, they universally exclaim 'why can't more be like THEM!!'
Posts: 3,359
Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.Over Yonder wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #90
BleedingRed BleedingRed is offline
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!
 
BleedingRed's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Houston, Tx
Casino cash: $500
I'm fine with this as long as no Emergency Services are required to be dispatched to help people who OD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
Anyone specific? I really wish that you would've died during Harvey
Click Here to Join Discord Group
Posts: 7,076
BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BleedingRed is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.