Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 11:30 PM  
jerryaldini jerryaldini is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Casino cash: $500
Defense narrative is wrong on this game

Chiefs lost because on 10 offensive possessions they scored 13 points. They had plenty of possessions. When you can't convert 1st downs your TOP suffers. It's simply wrong that Indys rush game was why they won. Chiefs gave up 4 ypc, league average, and only 330 total.

Lots of running requires long drives with many opportunities to be stopped, which the chiefs did every drive except the first. Unless you convert those to TDs you aren't scoring enough to win in the modern NFL without a great defense. 19 points won't get it done.

Even in the AFCCG the chiefs only yielded 3.7 ypc. But they couldn't stop the short pass game and gave up 7 TDs. This year's team is getting stops at key times the last two weeks. This week they eliminated big plays except the PI.

The defense has not been good. But it's been good enough to be 5-0, and is getting better. Online is trash, and is not helped by Andy never running the ball or enough screens/draws to keep the opposing D line honest. We get Mo next week and hopefully a trade or two to add a DB and possibly front 7 piece. Chiefs are gonna getcha, yarhoooo.
Posts: 668
jerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutjerryaldini is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #91
KCChiefsFan88 KCChiefsFan88 is offline
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses
 
KCChiefsFan88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Casino cash: $13006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Stats. 19 points. Under league and Indy average. Average yardage allowed despite offense inability to keep them off the field. Your point?
Stats... the Chiefs only had the ball for 22:45 in the game due in large part to the defense's inability to get the Colts off the field (three 11 play drives and one 14 play drive given up).

In the past 60 games, NFL teams with less than 23 minutes of possession have gone 6-54.

Stats.
Posts: 16,025
KCChiefsFan88 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #92
Mecca Mecca is offline
Hockey Town
 
Mecca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Casino cash: $7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Andy and the OL ruined the game last night. Consistently at least 2 Colt pass rushers broke through our OL rather quickly and it didnít allow plays to evolve or Pat to make many reads.

The OL is an enormous problem right now and itís not just the absence of Fisher.

I know weíve got to build the defense, but right now I think we should really consider a top notch LG with our first pick. We havenít had really anything there the entire Andy Reid era.
That'll be great when we really don't run the ball next year and then I listen to people like you bitch about our receivers and our defense.
Posts: 89,688
Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #93
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
World Class Speed
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nutopia Rising
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

The offense was easily as responsible for that loss as the defense. They sucked - full stop.
No one is disputing that. Without Hill, without Watkins, without Fisher, you kind of expect that. Reid went Full Reidtard and left Cam Erving out on the LT island to get destroyed play after play. No TE help, no RB help. They should have been going max protect in 21 personnel, but Reid had a dogshit game plan.

The offense will be better when those guys come back.

How will the defense improve? Who will stop the run?

Come January, if the Colts come back to Arrowhead, I'll bet they throw less than 10 passes the entire game. AND BEAT US.

They threw like 2 passes in the 2nd half last night. Because WE CAN'T STOP THE RUN.

IF we get to play the Patriots in the playoffs, they will do the same thing they did last January. AND BEAT US. Because WE CAN'T STOP THE RUN.

That's IF we make it that far...Houston is licking their chops at playing this defense. Carlos Hyde looked like he had AIDS behind this line. He will look like an All-Pro next week.

Just you wait and see...
__________________
National
Mahomes
League

MY ADOPT-A-CHIEF : LeSean "Shady" McCoy

Posts: 20,837
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #94
Iczer Iczer is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Casino cash: $2456
When our offense is at full strength, this game won't happen. It played exactly into their game plan. Keep the ball out of Mahomes hands. Down our LT, LG, hobbles Mahomes. Terrible play calling. Blind refs letting Colts man handle our guys.

KC wins this game 9 out of 10 times.

Hill being back is going to be such a big boost. Hopefully next week...

I just saw a stat that the Chiefs are 4th in red zone defense allowing a TD on 45.5% of red zone attempts.

Last night was terrible but the sky is not falling. I was livid last night but i've calmed down.
Posts: 214
Iczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #95
Iczer Iczer is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Casino cash: $2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Stats... the Chiefs only had the ball for 22:45 in the game due in large part to the defense's inability to get the Colts off the field (three 11 play drives and one 14 play drive given up).

In the past 60 games, NFL teams with less than 23 minutes of possession have gone 6-54.

Stats.
This is wrong. KC's offense has averaged just over 10 possessions a game. Guess how many they had last night? 10. They couldn't capitalize offensively. Thus putting the colts in perfect position to run it down our throats. If we get up 2 TD's like we're used to, it forces them to change their game plan. That never happened.

It was a bad game. Missing our starting LT, LG and our top 2 WR's hurt bad.
Posts: 214
Iczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #96
RunKC RunKC is offline
#BerryStrong
 
RunKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $29711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
That'll be great when we really don't run the ball next year and then I listen to people like you bitch about our receivers and our defense.
What about Wylie sucking ass and our QB getting hurt?

Lest we forget, Mahomes goes down, we all go down.
__________________
Andy will find a way to **** this up

Mahomes stat prediction: 30 TDís/14 INTís/4,200 yards
Posts: 27,938
RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.RunKC has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #97
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
World Class Speed
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nutopia Rising
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Stats... the Chiefs only had the ball for 22:45 in the game due in large part to the defense's inability to get the Colts off the field (three 11 play drives and one 14 play drive given up).

In the past 60 games, NFL teams with less than 23 minutes of possession have gone 6-54.

Stats.
This.

Three 11 play drives and one 14 play drive.

The Colts abandoned the forward pass after Brisset's INT.

BECAUSE THEY COULD. NO ONE WAS GOING TO STOP THE RUN.

They knew it. They went for it on 4th down TWICE, because they KNEW the defense wouldn't stop them.

The defense just COULD NOT get the Colts off the field.

All the offense needed was one more possession, and maybe they score a TD and win. But that never happened. The offense got 2.5 possessions less than the NFL average. Because the run defense was ATROCIOUS.
__________________
National
Mahomes
League

MY ADOPT-A-CHIEF : LeSean "Shady" McCoy

Posts: 20,837
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #98
The Franchise The Franchise is offline
We ain't stopping! Bury 'em.
 
The Franchise's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $54114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
What about Wylie sucking ass and our QB getting hurt?

Lest we forget, Mahomes goes down, we all go down.
Hunter can be cut and Allen can be brought back in.

And what the **** did we trade Hyde for Rankins if we are never going to see him?
Posts: 70,457
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #99
IowaHawkeyeChief IowaHawkeyeChief is online now
MVP
 
IowaHawkeyeChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Stats... the Chiefs only had the ball for 22:45 in the game due in large part to the defense's inability to get the Colts off the field (three 11 play drives and one 14 play drive given up).

In the past 60 games, NFL teams with less than 23 minutes of possession have gone 6-54.

Stats.
and the Chiefs only had it for a little over 3:00 minutes in the 3rd quarter without any points on 3 drives... Why?
__________________
Anyone ever wonder why Jim Hammer and RodeoPants both joined a football message board, but only post in DC and never post in the Lounge. Mults?
Posts: 10,552
IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #100
Mecca Mecca is offline
Hockey Town
 
Mecca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Casino cash: $7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
What about Wylie sucking ass and our QB getting hurt?

Lest we forget, Mahomes goes down, we all go down.
How about they stop using deep downfield passes for every god damn play? This hey were gonna go long all the time because we have Mahomes and will do whatever he want shit needs to end.

Use the short quick passing game to setup going long at times. What they're doing now will get him hit regardless of who the line is.
Posts: 89,688
Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mecca Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #101
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
World Class Speed
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nutopia Rising
Casino cash: $24997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iczer View Post
This is wrong.
No, it isn't - those are FACTS.

WE'VE BEEN LUCKY THIS YEAR.

Lucky the defense took out Foles in week 1 and Watkins balled out, because Jags started coming back behind Minshew.

Lucky that Mahomes exploded in the 2nd quarter against the Raiders in week 2, because without that 2nd quarter explosion, that game was the Colts game last night.

Lucky that Lamar Jackson isn't a good throwing QB and Harbaugh kept going for it on 4th down against us, because that team had us on the ropes, and save for a few big plays from Mahomes, we get beat by Baltimore in week 3.

Lucky that the Lions turned the ball over deep in their own territory in week 3, because without that heads up play by Breeland, we lose at Detroit in week 3. We were lucky we were within one score at the end of the game, and lucky we had enough time to score after the run defense got gashed.

Last night, the luck ran out. Mahomes is great, he's amazing...but he still needs a team around him. He still needs a defense to get the other team off the field so he can do amazing things. He needs an Oline that doesn't have AIDS to keep opposing defenders off his jock and open lanes for the RBs. He need his WRs to get separation in man coverage.
__________________
National
Mahomes
League

MY ADOPT-A-CHIEF : LeSean "Shady" McCoy

Posts: 20,837
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #102
tyreekthefreak tyreekthefreak is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeNC View Post
And the Colts secondary had all sorts of injuries. There always seem to be a few games every year under Reid and Andy Heck where the offensive line just gets demolished.
You could see this game was coming from the first week of the season though.....both lines just suck!

And now there are injuries everywhere on both lines. This storyline is also...just beginning, I'm afraid...
Posts: 388
tyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyreekthefreak is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #103
Iczer Iczer is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Casino cash: $2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
No, it isn't - those are FACTS.

WE'VE BEEN LUCKY THIS YEAR.

Lucky the defense took out Foles in week 1 and Watkins balled out, because Jags started coming back behind Minshew.

Lucky that Mahomes exploded in the 2nd quarter against the Raiders in week 2, because without that 2nd quarter explosion, that game was the Colts game last night.

Lucky that Lamar Jackson isn't a good throwing QB and Harbaugh kept going for it on 4th down against us, because that team had us on the ropes, and save for a few big plays from Mahomes, we get beat by Baltimore in week 3.

Lucky that the Lions turned the ball over deep in their own territory in week 3, because without that heads up play by Breeland, we lose at Detroit in week 3. We were lucky we were within one score at the end of the game, and lucky we had enough time to score after the run defense got gashed.

Last night, the luck ran out. Mahomes is great, he's amazing...but he still needs a team around him. He still needs a defense to get the other team off the field so he can do amazing things. He needs an Oline that doesn't have AIDS to keep opposing defenders off his jock and open lanes for the RBs. He need his WRs to get separation in man coverage.
You just ranted and didn't dispute anything I wrote. You're still wrong.

KC's offense had plenty of possessions. They just laid an egg.
Posts: 214
Iczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #104
IowaHawkeyeChief IowaHawkeyeChief is online now
MVP
 
IowaHawkeyeChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iczer View Post
You just ranted and didn't dispute anything I wrote. You're still wrong.

KC's offense had plenty of possessions. They just laid an egg.
^this^

It's not that complicated. We win this game if we score 7 points less than we did in any of the 22 previous games...
__________________
Anyone ever wonder why Jim Hammer and RodeoPants both joined a football message board, but only post in DC and never post in the Lounge. Mults?
Posts: 10,552
IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.IowaHawkeyeChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #105
Iczer Iczer is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Casino cash: $2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
No, it isn't - those are FACTS.

WE'VE BEEN LUCKY THIS YEAR.

Lucky the defense took out Foles in week 1 and Watkins balled out, because Jags started coming back behind Minshew.

Lucky that Mahomes exploded in the 2nd quarter against the Raiders in week 2, because without that 2nd quarter explosion, that game was the Colts game last night.

Lucky that Lamar Jackson isn't a good throwing QB and Harbaugh kept going for it on 4th down against us, because that team had us on the ropes, and save for a few big plays from Mahomes, we get beat by Baltimore in week 3.

Lucky that the Lions turned the ball over deep in their own territory in week 3, because without that heads up play by Breeland, we lose at Detroit in week 3. We were lucky we were within one score at the end of the game, and lucky we had enough time to score after the run defense got gashed.

Last night, the luck ran out. Mahomes is great, he's amazing...but he still needs a team around him. He still needs a defense to get the other team off the field so he can do amazing things. He needs an Oline that doesn't have AIDS to keep opposing defenders off his jock and open lanes for the RBs. He need his WRs to get separation in man coverage.

We're talking about this game specifically, i'm not sure why you're bringing up other games. I'm sure we can nitpick so many examples how how we were lucky, other teams were lucky, blown calls, etc.

Back to last night.

Here's KC's offense in the second half..

5 plays 2:32
3 plays 1:08
5 plays 2:38
7 plays 1:11

That's it.

This team is not built to rely on their defense. We're terrible against the run and our offense could not sustain drives. It's not hard to understand.

We need to get healthy bad.
Posts: 214
Iczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutIczer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.