Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM  
Lzen Lzen is offline
Band
 
Lzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Earth
Casino cash: $20792
Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced

I know this is a couple weeks old but I just came across this.

http://www.mevio.com/episode/327332/..._medium=ar9hvj

Edit:
$500 for XBone
$400 for PS4


I would like to point out that this is my best thread EVAR!!!! 1500+ posts and counting.

Last edited by Lzen; 02-03-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Posts: 34,298
Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Lzen has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #946
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Not this shit again.


First of all, there are more PC gamers, and games sold (at a fraction of the cost of console games) than all consoles combined. The very FEW console exclusives do not a dying breed make. And the reason they are exclusive is because of marketing deals between companies, not because of ANY OTHER REASON.

As for sports games, the only reason they aren't 'better' on PC is because they are dumbed down to be able to run on consoles then PORTED over to PC.

The only time people say this PC is dying shit is when they just really have not an iota of a clue on what they are talking about. Sorry.

www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace read em and weep, peasant!



Bow to me!


Posts: 17,562
New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #947
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $34554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Haha, game consoles are so stupid.
The irony here is that gaming consoles have basically become PCs. Just tailored for one primary purpose.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 58,138
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #948
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
I bought a pc gaming machine in 2008. You can try to spin it however you want. PC exclusives are inferior to the blockbuster exclusives consoles can provide.

Not having sports games also sucks too. You pretty much only have NBA 2k which actually looks like a 360 port.

PC is second to console developers. Always wondering if a game will come to pc must be painful. GTA, MGS etc..
LOL wrong. 100% wrong. I have this conversation every single day.

There are more AAA pc exclusive titles than all consoles combined. Ever.

CONSOLE DEVELOPERS DEVELOP ON PC and then dumb it down until it runs on console.

The only thing you are right bout is the sports games, and the reason they suck is because they are console ports. 2k14 comes to mind because it looks so bad on 360, and that's the port we ended up with on PC. But wait.. HD graphics mods coming soon. Yes, mods. Something consoles don't have.

If you think bf4 runs better on console than PC you are wrong.

As for your video, did you read the article that goes with it? That video, and the article, pretty much pan the xbox one version, while lifting the ps4 higher, and admitting that the PC handily defeats both.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ce-off-preview

LOL enjoy your 720p.

And once again, I will reiterate. When you come to the table saying OMG PC DYING CONSOLE BETTER . You are living in a fantasy world, and have absolutely zero credibility when you are talking to someone who actually knows how games, graphics, pcs, AND CONSOLES work.

Last edited by hometeam; 11-23-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #949
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
The irony here is that gaming consoles have basically become PCs. Just tailored for one primary purpose.
EXACTLY.

The 'next gen' consoles are entry level gaming pcs with a dedicated non-windows OS.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You can build a gaming PC for the SAME dollar amount as what these consoles are bringing, that will not only be multi-use and upgradeable, but will deliver BETTER performance.
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:27 PM
New World Order
This message has been deleted by New World Order.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #950
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
EXACTLY.

The 'next gen' consoles are entry level gaming pcs with a dedicated non-windows OS.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You can build a gaming PC for the SAME dollar amount as what these consoles are bringing, that will not only be multi-use and upgradeable, but will deliver BETTER performance.


No you can't. For people that don't really have any pc accessories, consider a nice monitor, a gaming mouse and a gaming keyboard, then throw in a computer desk and a comfy chair. After all of this you are still playing on a small ass monitor. You can hook your tower up to a tv but I find that inconvenient.

Sports games are a huge component to gaming. PC is shit in that department. I have yet to see an AAA title from pc that matches Last of Us or Gears. Weren't you the one who had to dig your 360 out of your closet because you wanted to play gta 5? It just sucks not knowing if a game you want will eventually come to pc.

Now on the other hand, 4 years into a console's life I would rather have a pc, but that is a lot of cash to spend. Console is the right place to be as of right now.

Last edited by New World Order; 11-23-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Posts: 17,562
New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #951
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
No you can't. For people that don't really have any pc accessories, consider a nice monitor, a gaming mouse and a gaming keyboard, then throw in a computer desk and a comfy chair. After all of this you are still playing on a small ass monitor. You can hook your tower up to a tv but I find that inconvenient.

Sports games are a huge component to gaming. PC is shit in that compartment. I have yet to see an AAA title from pc that matches Last of Us or Gears. Weren't you the one who had to dig your 360 out of your closet because you wanted to play gta 5? It just sucks not knowing if a game you want will eventually come to pc.

Now on the other hand, 4 years into a console's life I would rather have a pc, but that is a lot of cash to spend.

First point, I have 10 dollars invested in my mouse and keyboard. Just FYI

Oh you have to spend cash on a monitor, a 'gaming' mouse and 'gaming' keyboard on and a chair and a desk??

Ok on console you have to spend cash on a TV, controllers, xbox live or ps+ and a headset, a couch and a tv stand. See how that works?

And yes, I had to drag my console out of the closet, there was a reason it was in there. And If you have kept up, I gave up on gta 5 because of its play and controls on shit console. At every turn I thought 'wow if this was on PC X could be better, Y could be better' and it will.

And finally for AAA titles, the only reason you don't know about great AAA PC exclusives is because you really don't know what you are arguing. Your arguing that a game like last of us has more entertainment value than say.. starcraft, or league of legends or Arma 2/3/DayZ when games like Last of us or (LOL) gears of war aren't even a spec of sand when you compare hours played.

You are talking about good exclusives on console that you can count on your fingers. Should I prepare a massive list of PC only games with as much and more play value?


Let me break it down, again - when you argue PC gaming is dying, and that consoles are 'better' there are a lot of things going on. 1. you don't know how games work. 2. you are misinformed/wrong on what is happening in the gaming industry. 3. like many things in life, you have come to a conclusion then tried to make arguments for it, instead of looking at facts first, then making a conclusion.
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #952
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Sorry to hijack thread a bit, I should make an official PC v Console thread :P
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #953
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
PC is second to console developers.


Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #954
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
First point, I have 10 dollars invested in my mouse and keyboard. Just FYI

Oh you have to spend cash on a monitor, a 'gaming' mouse and 'gaming' keyboard on and a chair and a desk??

Ok on console you have to spend cash on a TV, controllers, xbox live or ps+ and a headset, a couch and a tv stand. See how that works?

And yes, I had to drag my console out of the closet, there was a reason it was in there. And If you have kept up, I gave up on gta 5 because of its play and controls on shit console. At every turn I thought 'wow if this was on PC X could be better, Y could be better' and it will.

And finally for AAA titles, the only reason you don't know about great AAA PC exclusives is because you really don't know what you are arguing. Your arguing that a game like last of us has more entertainment value than say.. starcraft, or league of legends or Arma 2/3/DayZ when games like Last of us or (LOL) gears of war aren't even a spec of sand when you compare hours played.

You are talking about good exclusives on console that you can count on your fingers. Should I prepare a massive list of PC only games with as much and more play value?


Let me break it down, again - when you argue PC gaming is dying, and that consoles are 'better' there are a lot of things going on. 1. you don't know how games work. 2. you are misinformed/wrong on what is happening in the gaming industry. 3. like many things in life, you have come to a conclusion then tried to make arguments for it, instead of looking at facts first, then making a conclusion.

Who doesn't have a couch, hd tv and a stand? Did you seriously just bring that up?

I supposed if you are into role playing games PC is better. I could agree with that. Keep in mind you have to also wait to see if a pc game is broken online.

Honestly, it's just a big headache.
Posts: 17,562
New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #955
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14863
Same price huh?

While flashy upcoming PC games like ARMA 3 still need beastly (and costly) video cards to run well, an owner of one of today's standard laptops or desktop units with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo chip and 512 MB of memory can run the majority of games just fine with adjusted settings.

How much would that cost? You would have to update that every 3-4 years.
Posts: 17,562
New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.New World Order has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #956
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Who doesn't have a couch, hd tv and a stand? Did you seriously just bring that up?

I supposed if you are into role playing games PC is better. I could agree with that. Keep in mind you have to also wait to see if a pc game is broken online.

Honestly, it's just a big headache.
Bring ye to the official thread!
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #957
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $39904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
The irony here is that gaming consoles have basically become PCs. Just tailored for one primary purpose.
This.


When they allow mouse aiming and a keyboard I am in.

**** controllers when it comes to FPS. They suck rhinoceros cock.

Games are cheap on PC, and free online gaming. Total cost is a push and even leans towards PC's if you buy a lot of games.
Posts: 58,152
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #958
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $9327
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Same price huh?

While flashy upcoming PC games like ARMA 3 still need beastly (and costly) video cards to run well, an owner of one of today's standard laptops or monitor units with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo chip and 512 MB of memory can run the majority of games just fine with adjusted settings.

How much would that cost? You would have to update that every 3-4 years.
I am sorry new world but you sound clueless. It is like a child telling daddy the tooth fairy is real.

I am still playing computer games on my 06 desktop which cost a few 100. you do do not have to spend 1000s. 100s will get you the same or better graphics then consoles, majority of pc gamers know this. Then we wont mention all the free mods there are as it would blow your mind. And why do you have to buy a monitor. Smart people use the tv. you dont have to have a desk.


It is just laughably funny you are arguing this. The only thing you actually have is sports games that is it. That is not really an ace in the sleeve.
Posts: 16,931
Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.Valiant is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #959
Gravedigger Gravedigger is offline
Plays to win the game!
 
Gravedigger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lenexa KS
Casino cash: $13201
As long as there are games for a platform that people want to play that platform will exist. PC, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, it doesn't matter. I played WoW for so many years, hardcore 40 man raids back in vanilla, but I've always owned a console.
__________________
The OFFICIAL Chiefs slogan, "Oh well, there's always next year."
Posts: 4,075
Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #960
hometeam hometeam is offline
Supporter
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $32056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I am sorry new world but you sound clueless. It is like a child telling daddy the tooth fairy is real.

I am still playing computer games on my 06 desktop which cost a few 100. you do do not have to spend 1000s. 100s will get you the same or better graphics then consoles, majority of pc gamers know this. Then we wont mention all the free mods there are as it would blow your mind. And why do you have to buy a monitor. Smart people use the tv. you dont have to have a desk.


It is just laughably funny you are arguing this. The only thing you actually have is sports games that is it. That is not really an ace in the sleeve.
Take this to the official!
Posts: 9,510
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.