Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM  
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $24744
New Apple Tablet

Cool stuff. On Engadget live right now

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/l...est&refresh=30

Posts: 55,546
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #2101
Gravedigger Gravedigger is offline
Plays to win the game!
 
Gravedigger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lenexa KS
Casino cash: $13201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Android should pass Apple. There's how many Android tablets from how many retailers? There's only one Apple Ipad.
__________________
The OFFICIAL Chiefs slogan, "Oh well, there's always next year."
Posts: 4,053
Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:52 AM   #2102
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
Single Malt CP, Aged 18 Years
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Android should pass Apple. There's how many Android tablets from how many retailers? There's only one Apple Ipad.
You also have to count Kindle, which is selling very well and is technically an Android device.

Not to mention you can buy Android tablets for well under $100 now. They're flimsy pieces of garbage, but they exist.
__________________
"Itís more complicated than that." -- Andy Reid
Posts: 67,505
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #2103
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Hey AustinChief? Ever going to make good on our tablet bet? You've yet to produce any data that says Apple was anywhere close to being under 15% of the market share. DaFace's article a few posts above even shows Apple at 36% last year. Are you ever going to concede that Apple hasn't been below 15% market share?
__________________
Posts: 36,322
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #2104
NewChief NewChief is offline
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $20304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hey AustinChief? Ever going to make good on our tablet bet? You've yet to produce any data that says Apple was anywhere close to being under 15% of the market share. DaFace's article a few posts above even shows Apple at 36% last year. Are you ever going to concede that Apple hasn't been below 15% market share?
Don't hold your breath. You know he'll show up with a justification explaining how this latest just shows that he's even MORE right than he originally said. He should have been a lawyer.
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 21,328
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #2105
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $30294
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You also have to count Kindle, which is selling very well and is technically an Android device.

Not to mention you can buy Android tablets for well under $100 now. They're flimsy pieces of garbage, but they exist.
My iPad 2 is still going strong. Someday, I'll probably upgrade, but it's difficult to justify it at this point.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 30,358
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #2106
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
Single Malt CP, Aged 18 Years
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
My iPad 2 is still going strong. Someday, I'll probably upgrade, but it's difficult to justify it at this point.
Yeah, my iPad 2 is as good now as it was the day I got it, really. I can't complain.

But to illustrate my point, both of my girls have 10" Archos tablets which were like $125 each and so far, they've had zero issues in about a year.
__________________
"Itís more complicated than that." -- Andy Reid
Posts: 67,505
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #2107
NewChief NewChief is offline
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $20304
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yeah, my iPad 2 is as good now as it was the day I got it, really. I can't complain.

But to illustrate my point, both of my girls have 10" Archos tablets which were like $125 each and so far, they've had zero issues in about a year.
Yeah. My son's Kindle Fire HD performs like a champ as well (though there are issues with the Netflix app).
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 21,328
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #2108
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hey AustinChief? Ever going to make good on our tablet bet? You've yet to produce any data that says Apple was anywhere close to being under 15% of the market share. DaFace's article a few posts above even shows Apple at 36% last year. Are you ever going to concede that Apple hasn't been below 15% market share?
Not even close. I showed you the numbers (from a few years back) that showed that if you count the white label (mostly Chinese) tablets that Apple was below 35% back THEN. I can guarantee they are far below 17% (that was the bet I believe) now.. the question is whether they were or weren't when our bet concluded. The problem is that the only reliable source I know of for accurate numbers that include white label tablets makes you pay for the reports. Last I checked it was something like $1000 for the report we need.

DaFace's report is the same old nonsense that only counts branded tablets. No way I would make the bet if I couldn't include white label tablets.
Posts: 18,420
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #2109
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Not even close. I showed you the numbers (from a few years back) that showed that if you count the white label (mostly Chinese) tablets that Apple was below 35% back THEN. I can guarantee they are far below 17% (that was the bet I believe) now.. the question is whether they were or weren't when our bet concluded. The problem is that the only reliable source I know of for accurate numbers that include white label tablets makes you pay for the reports. Last I checked it was something like $1000 for the report we need.

DaFace's report is the same old nonsense that only counts branded tablets. No way I would make the bet if I couldn't include white label tablets.
Come on man. Everyone here knows that Apple's iPad never went below 15% market share. It was well above when we made the bet, and you've shown nothing that shows it was ever anywhere close to being under.

Please post something that supports your stance or be a man and pay up. I've given you more than enough time.
__________________
Posts: 36,322
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #2110
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Come on man. Everyone here knows that Apple's iPad never went below 15% market share. It was well above when we made the bet, and you've shown nothing that shows it was ever anywhere close to being under.

Please post something that supports your stance or be a man and pay up. I've given you more than enough time.
Dude don't pull that shit. You know the bet included the shadow market and YOU have yet to post numbers that show Apple above 15% in that regard. Do I need to go back through this thread and show where you agreed on all of this?

Apple shipped something like 74 million in 2013, I know that JUST WHITE LABEL shipments was over 100 million last year. (Hell China alone accounted for 91 million of that) The off the cuff math from that should place Apple right around the 17% range that I predicted.
Posts: 18,420
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #2111
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Dude don't pull that shit. You know the bet included the shadow market and YOU have yet to post numbers that show Apple above 15% in that regard. Do I need to go back through this thread and show where you agreed on all of this?

Apple shipped something like 74 million in 2013, I know that JUST WHITE LABEL shipments was over 100 million last year. (Hell China alone accounted for 91 million of that) The off the cuff math from that should place Apple right around the 17% range that I predicted.
You lost the bet. Man up and put your money where your mouth was. Apple has never been under 15% tablet market share. There's not a single source anywhere that shows that it ever has. If you actually knew anything about JUST WHITE LABEL shipments, you'd post a link referencing those. But you don't have that because it doesn't exist. Your off the cuff math doesn't cut it. Gartner has a category classed as OTHER that covers other tablets.

It's time for you to man up and pay me.
__________________
Posts: 36,322
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #2112
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
You lost the bet. Man up and put your money where your mouth was. Apple has never been under 15% tablet market share. There's not a single source anywhere that shows that it ever has. If you actually knew anything about JUST WHITE LABEL shipments, you'd post a link referencing those. But you don't have that because it doesn't exist. Your off the cuff math doesn't cut it. Gartner has a category classed as OTHER that covers other tablets.

It's time for you to man up and pay me.
Digitimes listed 90.4 million white label shipments from China in 2013 unfortunately that figure comes from articles referencing the numbers... feel free to pay $2500 for access to the actual data.

So **** YOU for calling me a liar and saying it doesn't exist you piece of shit.

I am not passing my off the cuff math as any kind of proof of anything other than the fact that using reports that only count brand name tablets is not sufficient. I've been clear about this throughout the thread.
Posts: 18,420
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #2113
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $29019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Digitimes listed 90.4 million white label shipments from China in 2013 unfortunately that figure comes from articles referencing the numbers... feel free to pay $2500 for access to the actual data.

So **** YOU for calling me a liar and saying it doesn't exist you piece of shit.

I am not passing my off the cuff math as any kind of proof of anything other than the fact that using reports that only count brand name tablets is not sufficient. I've been clear about this throughout the thread.
If it exists, then put forth some proof. I've given you way over a year after our bet to put forth any kind of proof, and that was after extending the end date of the bet already. You've yet to put forth anything other than unreferenced claims. Either prove that Apple's market share dipped below 15% or pay your bet. It's that simple.
__________________
Posts: 36,322
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #2114
BlackHelicopters BlackHelicopters is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
BlackHelicopters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $20693
The suspense is killing us.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."


"Fredo. You are my brother, and I love you. But never take sides against the Family again. Ever."
2017 Adopt a Chief - Travis Kelce #87
Posts: 29,499
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #2115
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
If it exists, then put forth some proof. I've given you way over a year after our bet to put forth any kind of proof, and that was after extending the end date of the bet already. You've yet to put forth anything other than unreferenced claims. Either prove that Apple's market share dipped below 15% or pay your bet. It's that simple.
I LOVE how you think you can call me a liar and then just move on. That's a dirtbag move on your part and you know it. Care to retract that?

As for burden of proof.. why is it on ME? You have yet to show any number that include white label shipments. So why don't YOU show some proof?

I'll have no problem if you can show the data that includes white label shipments. (not just China but India, Malaysia and Korea.. Korea may be included in Digitimes data but I'm fairly certain India is not, no clue on Malaysia)
Posts: 18,420
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.