Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 05:37 PM  
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
Where's my WALL?
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $60258
Pelosi attacks Senators working DACA as "5 White Guys"

Good lord. It's 2018 and we still have to put up with racism from our leaders?



January 11, 2018 - 05:32 PM EST
Hoyer calls Pelosi's 'five white guys' remark offensive



Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) on Thursday blasted Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) remarks about white men working on an immigration agreement as "offensive."

“The five white guys I call them, you know," Pelosi said,
referring to five bipartisan lawmakers, including Hoyer, leading efforts to salvage the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. All five of the lawmakers are white.

"Are they going to open a hamburger stand next or what?" she said, referring to the popular fast food restaurant "Five Guys."


Hoyer pushed back against the remarks.

“That comment is offensive. I am committed to ensuring DREAMers are protected and I will welcome everyone to the table who wants to get this done,” he told Politico in a statement, using the nickname referring to recipients of the DACA program.


....Pelosi earlier this week suggested that it was a mistake not to include minority representatives in the discussions.

“The sensitivity even on the wording is really important [and] for people who are engaged in these issues to be there at the table. They’ve been working on it in a bipartisan way for a long time,” Pelosi said.


http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-remarks-about
Posts: 48,936
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #46
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
It's also a fact that the five people are indeed white guys.
Yes, that's also a fact. And pointing it out as if it makes a difference in the way they approach policy is literal racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
How you interpret the facts and place them into a contextual framework is where willful obtuseness comes into play.
No. In Pelosi's case it's explicit racism. In Trump's case, it could be driven by racism, but there are lots of other better explanations including culture, political environment and economics. Obtuseness and interpretation don't have anything to do with my post.
__________________


“The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they’re not.” - Hillary Clinton
Posts: 94,560
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #47
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm going to need a white guy to come in and explain to me how calling a white guy, white, is offensive.

Calling a black guy black has never been offensive.

Sheesh....white people are really sensitive about this stuff. It's like they're not use to being identified by the color of their skin or something.

You're not special, white people! We're all identified by the color of our skin.
Calling a white guy white isn't offensive. Suggesting that because they're white, they aren't as good at formulating policy is racist.
__________________


“The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they’re not.” - Hillary Clinton
Posts: 94,560
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #48
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Nowhere in the OP does it say that Pelosi stated they were incapable of doing their job because they're white.

Nowhere does it say she has an issue with them being white, or that them being white is even a problem at all. Quite frankly, there are no words in there that show any sort of malicious intent or racism.

She referred to people by the color of their skin. Big whoop. It's no different than Trump referring to "The blacks" or any of us who refer to someone as, "That white guy" or "that black guy" etc. "Those 5 black/white guys". It's not racist when you say it, it wasn't racist when she said it either.

The REAL story here is the gaping vagina that Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer has, and how the left's out of control P.C is causing them to cannibalize each other over the dumbest shit.
Here's your willful obtuseness, Trolly.
__________________


“The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they’re not.” - Hillary Clinton
Posts: 94,560
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #49
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Suggesting that because they're white, they aren't as good at formulating policy is racist.
If that were suggested i'd agree, but that wasn't. Have you watched the video yet?

She was directly asked who would be "Cutting this deal" in which she responds "stay tuned" in a teasing manner, suggesting that they have something good to present, as in, "you'll see...".

She then goes to make a joke citing her stupid pet name she made for the group "5 white guys".

Fox news reports this as she "slammed" them, and claimed that she "criticised them".
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #50
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Should she have said it? No. She put her foot in her mouth because this is a country full of gushy 'ginas.

But not one of you has been able to point out where she was critical of the 5 white guys. Matter of fact, the video in which the quote was taken from shows a Pelosi that's teasing reporters with what she believes is to come from "the 5 white guys".
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #51
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Suggesting that because they're white, they aren't as good at formulating policy is racist.
Show me the suggestion. Watch the video.
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #52
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Here, fake news experts. Here's your fox news.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/570822301...#sp=show-clips

Show me where she "slammed" them as Fox News claims.
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #53
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Calling a white guy white isn't offensive. Suggesting that because they're white, they aren't as good at formulating policy is racist.
When developing market research, you look for a statistically representative sample of the population. 50% of the population is female with probably 40+% of the US population being diverse. 100% homogeneity on a committee for a diverse initiative that's this far-reaching is tone-deaf. Even if just for the optics of it, why wouldn't you have 1-2 diverse reps in a 5-person committee. The argument isn't that white people can't formulate policy. It's that there isn't diverse enough perspective because it is built by a group that is not representative of an entire country impacted by it. In fact, the exact opposite since the most impacted by the legislation are immigrants. Pelosi shouldn't have commented, but she's right that the Republican approach is just baffling.
Posts: 31,754
chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #54
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It's that there isn't diverse enough perspective because it is built by a group that is not representative of an entire country impacted by it. In fact, the exact opposite since the most impacted by the legislation are immigrants. Pelosi shouldn't have commented, but she's right that the Republican approach is just baffling.
"republican approach". It's bi-partisan and it was a dem that was complaining about her comment.

As far as diversity goes, i could care less about diversity if the "5-white guys" have a track record of knowing the issue well. I don't know that they do, but that would be at the forefront of my concern, not the color of their skin.
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 35,450
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #55
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
"republican approach". It's bi-partisan and it was a dem that was complaining about her comment.

As far as diversity goes, i could care less about diversity if the "5-white guys" have a track record of knowing the issue well. I don't know that they do, but that would be at the forefront of my concern, not the color of their skin.
I'm sure they know the issue well. But I'm guessing it doesn't match the experience of understanding how immigration policy impacts constituents. It would be like 5 single adults creating a policy that impacts parents.
Posts: 31,754
chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #56
Marcellus Marcellus is offline
Save Chief's Planet
 
Marcellus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In denial.
Casino cash: $32762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm going to need a white guy to come in and explain to me how calling a white guy, white, is offensive.

Calling a black guy black has never been offensive.

Sheesh....white people are really sensitive about this stuff. It's like they're not use to being identified by the color of their skin or something.

You're not special, white people! We're all identified by the color of our skin.
Dude seriously, you are way way way missing the point here.
Posts: 37,559
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #57
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
Where's my WALL?
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $60258
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
When developing market research, you look for a statistically representative sample of the population. 50% of the population is female with probably 40+% of the US population being diverse. 100% homogeneity on a committee for a diverse initiative that's this far-reaching is tone-deaf. Even if just for the optics of it, why wouldn't you have 1-2 diverse reps in a 5-person committee. The argument isn't that white people can't formulate policy. It's that there isn't diverse enough perspective because it is built by a group that is not representative of an entire country impacted by it. In fact, the exact opposite since the most impacted by the legislation are immigrants.
So you are admitting different races think differently about issues? And you also admit a black or Hispanic is likely going to be more beneficial to minority wishes?

Quote:
Pelosi shouldn't have commented, but she's right that the Republican approach is just baffling.
Not a GOP issue here, bub
__________________
This latest murder in no way represents Islam.
Posts: 48,936
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #58
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
In Search of a Life
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $34597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
So you are admitting different races think differently about issues? And you also admit a black or Hispanic is likely going to be more beneficial to minority wishes?



Not a GOP issue here, bub
You don't have to pick a progressive. There are plenty of minorities that could have taken you to the same conclusion. But the optics would be totally different. If you have 1-2 minority opinions, they are still outnumbered and they can hand pick people who more closely align with your interests. How much different does this end proposal look if you have a minority spokesperson that backs the recommendations of the committee?
Posts: 31,754
chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.chiefzilla1501 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #59
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
Where's my WALL?
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $60258
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
You don't have to pick a progressive. There are plenty of minorities that could have taken you to the same conclusion. But the optics would be totally different. If you have 1-2 minority opinions, they are still outnumbered and they can hand pick people who more closely align with your interests. How much different does this end proposal look if you have a minority spokesperson that backs the recommendations of the committee?
It is incredible that the USA is 50% WASP, yet 0/9 Scotus justices are.


It's disgraceful, it's non representative, and you and I need to call our reps to scream about it.
__________________
This latest murder in no way represents Islam.
Posts: 48,936
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #60
sully1983 sully1983 is offline
Starter
 
sully1983's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
It's also a fact that the five people are indeed white guys. How you interpret the facts and place them into a contextual framework is where willful obtuseness comes into play.
But Pelosi was referring to the "5 white guys" in a negative manner (like as if being a straight white male is such a bad thing or something).

Its all fine by me tbh. The liberal elite are so out of touch its hilarious to me
Posts: 477
sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.sully1983 is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.