Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2004, 02:09 AM  
the Talking Can the Talking Can is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
the Talking Can's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: street
Casino cash: $9147
Pat Robertson rips Bush a new a-hole

link

even the right wing nut jobs are selling Bush out...

Robertson: I warned Bush on Iraq casualties
President's response: 'We're not going to have any'

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 Posted: 10:20 PM EDT (0220 GMT)


NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the president in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion. He described Bush in the meeting as "the most self-assured man I've ever met in my life."

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."


Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made.

"I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."

More than 1,100 U.S. troops have died in Iraq and another 8,000 troops have been wounded in the ongoing campaign, with the casualty toll significantly increasing in the last six months as the insurgency there has deepened.

Asked why Bush has refused to admit to mistakes on Iraq, Robertson said, "I don't know this politics game. You know, you can never say you were wrong because the opposition grabs onto it: 'See, he admitted he screwed up.' "
start quote"Even if he stumbles and messes up -- and he's had his share of stumbles and gaffes -- I just think God's blessing is on him." end quote
-- U.S. Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson


Even as Robertson criticized Bush for downplaying the potential dangers of the Iraq war, he heaped praise on Bush, saying he believes the president will win the election and that "the blessing of heaven is on Bush."

"Even if he stumbles and messes up -- and he's had his share of stumbles and gaffes -- I just think God's blessing is on him," Robertson said.

As for Bush's Democratic rival, Sen. John Kerry, Robertson said, "I don't think he's a leader. He's a ponderous debater, a good senator probably."
Posts: 49,136
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:11 AM   #2
the Talking Can the Talking Can is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
the Talking Can's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: street
Casino cash: $9147
Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq under false pretenses....and Robertson claims: ""I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."


so, which one is lying?
__________________
Clark Hunt: "Thank god for the Dominican pool boy"
Posts: 49,136
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:31 AM   #3
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a cancerous meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $17555
Pat is a wing-nut. I've always thought this. That fuqtard thinks the Telletubbies represent homosexuality. Something about the one that carried a purse...
Posts: 52,612
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:37 AM   #4
Boozer Boozer is offline
Pain Cake
 
Boozer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lawrence, KS
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
Pat is a wing-nut. I've always thought this. That fuqtard thinks the Telletubbies represent homosexuality. Something about the one that carried a purse...
I think you're getting your religious-right fuqtards mixed-up....
__________________
Posts: 10,170
Boozer is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Boozer is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
Crush Crush is offline
Talos Save Us
 
Crush's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $10179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
Pat is a wing-nut. I've always thought this. That fuqtard thinks the Telletubbies represent homosexuality. Something about the one that carried a purse...


That was Falwell, who is equally a extreme right-wing douche. However, I still agree Pat is a right-wing nut.


http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...robertson.html
Posts: 15,176
Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #6
Cochise Cochise is offline
Legend
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Casino cash: $16712
robertson ZZZ
Posts: 43,417
Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #7
Ugly Duck Ugly Duck is offline
Proof: ChargerFanz DO exist!
 
Ugly Duck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Petaluma, CA, USA
Casino cash: $5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can
Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq under false pretenses....and Robertson claims: ""I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."


so, which one is lying?
Well... we can rule out God. Gotta be one of those other two.
Posts: 9,860
Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ugly Duck is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #8
memyselfI memyselfI is offline
CHANGEd your mind yet????
 
memyselfI's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lunatics Anonymous
Casino cash: $5329
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can
link

even the right wing nut jobs are selling Bush out...

Robertson: I warned Bush on Iraq casualties
President's response: 'We're not going to have any'

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 Posted: 10:20 PM EDT (0220 GMT)


NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."

Pat Robertson, an ardent Bush supporter, said he had that conversation with the president in Nashville, Tennessee, before the March 2003 invasion. He described Bush in the meeting as "the most self-assured man I've ever met in my life."

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now."

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."


Robertson, the televangelist who sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said he wishes Bush would admit to mistakes made.

"I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy," Robertson said. "I warned him about casualties."

More than 1,100 U.S. troops have died in Iraq and another 8,000 troops have been wounded in the ongoing campaign, with the casualty toll significantly increasing in the last six months as the insurgency there has deepened.

Asked why Bush has refused to admit to mistakes on Iraq, Robertson said, "I don't know this politics game. You know, you can never say you were wrong because the opposition grabs onto it: 'See, he admitted he screwed up.' "
start quote"Even if he stumbles and messes up -- and he's had his share of stumbles and gaffes -- I just think God's blessing is on him." end quote
-- U.S. Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson


Even as Robertson criticized Bush for downplaying the potential dangers of the Iraq war, he heaped praise on Bush, saying he believes the president will win the election and that "the blessing of heaven is on Bush."

"Even if he stumbles and messes up -- and he's had his share of stumbles and gaffes -- I just think God's blessing is on him," Robertson said.

As for Bush's Democratic rival, Sen. John Kerry, Robertson said, "I don't think he's a leader. He's a ponderous debater, a good senator probably."
Wouldn't that look great in a commercial that has a bunch of other folks with a voice over of their warnings to DUHbya.
__________________
Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

BigChiefDave:"Anyone who thought we would only be in Iraq for a few years is either stoned or just stoopid."
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last 6 days, 6 wks. I doubt 6 mths." Rummy 2/7/03
Posts: 31,989
memyselfI has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #9
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $9104
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can
NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of the U.S. Christian Coalition said Tuesday he told President George W. Bush before the invasion of Iraq that he should prepare Americans for the likelihood of casualties, but the president told him, "We're not going to have any casualties."
Sure he did.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,773
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #10
Cochise Cochise is offline
Legend
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Casino cash: $16712
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can
Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq under false pretenses
Posts: 43,417
Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Cochise has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #11
Lightning Rod Lightning Rod is offline
Need a new title
 
Lightning Rod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Prairie Village
Casino cash: $5000
Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

I do not Like Robertson but I for the life of me can't think of why he would make this up.
Posts: 1,151
Lightning Rod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lightning Rod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #12
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a cancerous meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $17555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush
That was Falwell, who is equally a extreme right-wing douche. However, I still agree Pat is a right-wing nut.


http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...robertson.html
AH, It was Jerry, thats right. Same difference...
Posts: 52,612
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.