Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

View Poll Results: When would you fire the nukes? (Check all that apply - see explanation below.)
90 percent chance of whacking the ME, 10 percent the U.S. 9 42.86%
80 percent chance of whacking the ME, 20 percent the U.S. 6 28.57%
70 percent chance of whacking the ME, 30 percent the U.S. 6 28.57%
60 percent chance of whacking the ME, 40 percent the U.S. 8 38.10%
50 percent chance of whacking the ME, 50 percent the U.S. 9 42.86%
40 percent chance of whacking the ME, 60 percent the U.S. 10 47.62%
30 percent chance of whacking the ME, 70 percent the U.S. 11 52.38%
20 percent chance of whacking the ME, 80 percent the U.S. 10 47.62%
10 percent chance of whacking the ME, 90 percent the U.S. 10 47.62%
33 percent chance of whacking the ME, 33 percent the U.S., 33 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 6 28.57%
17 percent chance of whacking the ME, 33 percent the U.S., 50 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 7 33.33%
33 percent chance of whacking the ME, 17 percent the U.S., 50 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 6 28.57%
17 percent chance of whacking the ME, 50 percent the U.S., 33 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 11 52.38%
33 percent chance of whacking the ME, 50 percent the U.S., 17 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 10 47.62%
50 percent chance of whacking the ME, 33 percent the U.S., 17 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 6 28.57%
50 percent chance of whacking the ME, 17 percent the U.S., 33 percent in the ocean taking out a moderate number of coastal people from a bunch of countries. 6 28.57%
80 percent chance of whacking the ME, 20 percent world coastal populations. 5 23.81%
60 percent chance of whacking the ME, 40 percent world coastal populations. 5 23.81%
40 percent chance of whacking the ME, 60 percent world coastal populations. 8 38.10%
20 percent chance of whacking the ME, 80 percent world coastal populations. 9 42.86%
100 percent chance of whacking U.S. 15 71.43%
100 percent chance of whacking the ME 5 23.81%
100 percent chance of whacking world coastal populations. 12 57.14%
100 percent chance of whacking some neutral third-world country like Thailand or Mozambique. 10 47.62%
I wouldnít fire the nukes in any of these situations. 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 04:09 PM  
Rain Man Rain Man is offline
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $6653
VARSITY
Hypothetical: You're the President of the U.S.

A giant asteroid is on its way to earth, and it's definitely going to hit.

The near-sighted, geeky, but thoughtful scientists have given you their best estimates of where on earth it will hit, but they can't be sure due to the vagaries of asteroid track-plotting. There's a chance that it'll hit the Middle East and wipe out large segments of that population. There's also a chance that it'll hit some innocent segment of the U.S. (Pick any state that you have no huge vendetta against.) The asteroid will cause huge local damage where it hits, but won't have cataclysmic global consequences.

You can fire up some nuclear missiles and have a chance to knock the asteroid out of its path, thus saving the earth from the impact.

From the poll above, in what circumstances do you fire the nukes, and in what circumstances do you just whistle and go to an undisclosed location to watch football and prepare a sympathetic speech?
Posts: 76,205
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
ChiefsFire ChiefsFire is offline
Eh
 
ChiefsFire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: on top
Casino cash: $5000
the first thing id do is give angelina joile a call and invite her over for one last romp under the whitehouse sheets.....then id shoot off all my missiles
Posts: 3,033
ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefsFire is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #3
The Pedestrian The Pedestrian is offline
Cross with me
 
The Pedestrian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5000
I would nuke any astroid that even had a .00000001% chance of hitting the United States.
Posts: 11,725
The Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5875
wheres the ****ing option to nuke the ME while the asteroid hits it also..
Posts: 14,901
Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:36 AM   #5
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $5506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer Diablo
I would nuke any astroid that even had a .00000001% chance of hitting the United States.
Ditto.

Plus, we really have no info on nation/small state destroying space rocks. There was that one in Siberia, but I don't know that I trust our info enough at this point to risk anything that could end up even having side effects that hit us (change in weather, smoke/dust, etc...)

Nuke the Rock. We can always nuke the mid-east later if we have to...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 50,055
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Dave Lane Dave Lane is online now
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $5816
VARSITY
Just shoot the misles we need the ME oil.

Dave
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 24,055
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #7
PastorMikH PastorMikH is offline
Will KC ever be better?
 
PastorMikH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Land of Red Dirt & Necks
Casino cash: $5000
Where's the "Send up Bruce Willis with a Nuke" option?
__________________
Posts: 20,430
PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.PastorMikH is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
penguinz penguinz is offline
MVP
 
penguinz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Casino cash: $36265
Nuking it would kill more people than letting it hit. If you nuke it the asteroied will break up into many pieces and able to impact an even larger area than before. Not to mention the nuclear fallout that would enter the atmosphere after doing so.
__________________
http://blackoutsopa.com
Posts: 7,357
penguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenguinz 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #9
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfire
the first thing id do is give angelina joile a call and invite her over for one last romp under the whitehouse sheets.....then id shoot off all my missiles
That would have been funnier if it would have said, "shoot off MY missile".
Posts: 26,821
Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #10
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant
wheres the ****ing option to nuke the ME while the asteroid hits it also..
Yep, then we would have plausible deniability.
Posts: 26,821
Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #11
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane
Just shoot the misles we need the ME oil.

Dave
The oil would still be pumpable after the dust settled.
Posts: 26,821
Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:30 AM   #12
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5050
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMikH
Where's the "Send up Bruce Willis with a Nuke" option?
Yes, he needs to land that craft on the Asteroid, so his oil drillers can drill a hole in it.
Posts: 26,821
Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.Calcountry would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #13
Ultra Peanut Ultra Peanut is offline
v^V^v^V^v^V^
 
Ultra Peanut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Holland*
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Nuke the Rock.
Then find out what the hell it's cookin'.

After that, take (well-deserved) credit for a job well done and tell the ME that, "you guys SO owe us."
__________________
Posts: 39,495
Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.Ultra Peanut wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:54 PM   #14
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $5000
So this asteroid in 2029 really has you thinkin, huh Rainman?

Let's hope the Chiefs win a SB by then.
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #15
Iowanian Iowanian is offline
Besides, big day tomorrow
 
Iowanian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Utopia
Casino cash: $5509
Iowanian is President?

The World Gets A quick call to see what its going to do about the Invoices they've recieved for Services Rendered by my country...........Those that don't act properly, are going to need some really, really good SPF 200,000,000
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
I said I'm an expert dickrider.
Posts: 49,696
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.