Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2004, 02:46 PM  
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $32054
Well, Peter King (CNNSI) was right about one thing this year.....

Almost Prophetic....from his MMQ year in review...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tof/index.html

Aug. 2: The Chiefs, ridiculously, rely on Gunther Cunningham to fix everything

I find it strange, bordering on the bizarre, that the Kansas City Chiefs could go 4-4 down the stretch last year, give up 24, 24, 24, 45, 17, 45, 3 and 38 points in those eight games, and enter the 2004 season with the exact same starting lineup on defense that they used last year. (Well, there is one slight change. Last year, Mike Maslowski and Kawika Mitchell started 10 and seven games, respectively, at middle linebacker, and Maslowski looks to be the man right now.) They are counting on the attacking schemes of Cunningham to make the players better. I am, ahem, reserving judgment on what I think, but let's just say I'm skeptical. Cunningham is as tough an old bird as the NFL employs, but he doesn't wear shoulder pads on Sunday
Posts: 52,771
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $47194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Cunningham is as tough an old bird as the NFL employs, but he doesn't wear shoulder pads on Sunday
Neither does Dick Lebeau ( sp?) but he sure as hell turned around what was a pathetic Steelers D.

The reason their D turned around and ours didn't was becase they KNOW their secondary isn't that great, ADMITTED it, and changed their offensive gameplan accordingly. They ran the piss outta' the ball and protected that defense.

I'm not convinced the coaching staff even understands that when we run the hell out of the ball, we win. There is a connection. Yet, we try and be the Lambs. Making our defensive shortcommings even worse...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 56,790
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $32054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
I'm not convinced the coaching staff even understands that when we run the hell out of the ball, we win. There is a connection. Yet, we try and be the Lambs. Making our defensive shortcommings even worse...

VERY good point. Vermeil is trying to be stubborn and rewrite how you win football games in this league. Trying to copy his 1999 success with the Rams.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 52,771
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $5000
Not so much prophetic as it is common sense.
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $47194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf
Not so much prophetic as it is common sense.
Not that we should let that take away from the fact that King is a front-running-Lamb-loving-tubby-POS...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 56,790
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $32054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
I'm not convinced the coaching staff even understands that when we run the hell out of the ball, we win. There is a connection. Yet, we try and be the Lambs. Making our defensive shortcommings even worse...
Another point on this. Ive never seen any stats on this, but sometmes i feel we score too quickly if that makes any sense? We dont seem to do a very good job of controlling the clock with our running game. Of course, the times we do we end up winning, so go figure??


But I suppose this was what you were trying to say, if we control the clock better with a power run game, we would keep our crappy defense rested and OFF THE FIELD as much as possible.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 52,771
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Tapping out ...
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $15414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
VERY good point. Vermeil is trying to be stubborn and rewrite how you win football games in this league. Trying to copy his 1999 success with the Rams.
If that's the case.. he should have had a former arena league QB from the sack and save as the #2 and hoped that Green went down with an injury.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
KC is not gonna take the division away from Denver. They're playing for a WC. They have a decent shot at it in spite of their issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Dethrone Denver? I'd settle for just being able to beat those F##KS for ONCE, then go from there...
Posts: 20,428
Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #8
Amnorix Amnorix is offline
In BB I trust
 
Amnorix's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Boston, Mass.
Casino cash: $27626
Kinda sucks, actually. Peter made many predictions that he reposted in today's column, including

1. Wow, the Chargers REALLY suck. Too bad for Marty that this will be his final year. Terrible such a good coach should go out on a bad note. LT is totally lost in a system surrounded by worthless boobs.

2. Plummer - MVP.

3. Browns are definitely on the rise and a team to keep an eye on. A big threat this year.

Lost in all this is "hey, WTF are the Chiefs thinking by not signing anyone to their defense." THIS had to be the one he got right?!
Posts: 36,112
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #9
stevieray stevieray is offline
ya you
 
stevieray's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $32218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
VERY good point. Vermeil is trying to be stubborn and rewrite how you win football games in this league. Trying to copy his 1999 success with the Rams.
eventually something will stick.
Posts: 39,668
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #10
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Tapping out ...
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $15414
Yeah, that Plummer for MVP thing was really going out on a limb...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
KC is not gonna take the division away from Denver. They're playing for a WC. They have a decent shot at it in spite of their issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Dethrone Denver? I'd settle for just being able to beat those F##KS for ONCE, then go from there...
Posts: 20,428
Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #11
Phobia Phobia is offline
Together is Powerful
 
Phobia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $6969
Peter King hasn't hit on a prediction since the Rams won the Super Bowl. He's the biggest joke in the sportswriting business as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how he cons people into giving him money for his opinion.
Posts: 55,815
Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM   #12
Sydd Sydd is offline
Hail to the King baby!
 
Sydd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Yeah, that Plummer for MVP thing was really going out on a limb...
Kinda like his prediction of the Broncos winning the SB by 17?
Posts: 371
Sydd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sydd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:28 PM   #13
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Tapping out ...
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $15414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Peter King hasn't hit on a prediction since the Rams won the Super Bowl. He's the biggest joke in the sportswriting business as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how he cons people into giving him money for his opinion.
I too wish that I had his gig...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
KC is not gonna take the division away from Denver. They're playing for a WC. They have a decent shot at it in spite of their issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Dethrone Denver? I'd settle for just being able to beat those F##KS for ONCE, then go from there...
Posts: 20,428
Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.Mile High Mania wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
Neither does Dick Lebeau ( sp?) but he sure as hell turned around what was a pathetic Steelers D.

The reason their D turned around and ours didn't was becase they KNOW their secondary isn't that great, ADMITTED it, and changed their offensive gameplan accordingly. They ran the piss outta' the ball and protected that defense.

I'm not convinced the coaching staff even understands that when we run the hell out of the ball, we win. There is a connection. Yet, we try and be the Lambs. Making our defensive shortcommings even worse...
Yep, the worst thing we can do is score too quickly.
Posts: 26,880
Calcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:34 PM   #15
Calcountry Calcountry is offline
Shoot the tube
 
Calcountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Where I am
Casino cash: $5630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
VERY good point. Vermeil is trying to be stubborn and rewrite how you win football games in this league. Trying to copy his 1999 success with the Rams.
DV should keep in mind, that he only won the SB by one yard employing that philosophy.
Posts: 26,880
Calcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCalcountry 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.