Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 07:27 PM  
royr17 royr17 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lovin my kids
Casino cash: $8087
Marriage Question

Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???
Posts: 5,952
royr17 has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #316
Phobia Phobia is offline
Together is Powerful
 
Phobia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $5588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Diablo
It's not bullsh*t, but thanks anyway...kind of.
I can't wait until you turn 18 because we're gonna give you the best blanket party in the history of mankind. Bearcat is gonna let us in, too.
Posts: 55,754
Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #317
Rausch Rausch is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $24811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I can't wait until you turn 18 because we're gonna give you the best blanket party in the history of mankind. Bearcat is gonna let us in, too.
I think it'd be much more fun to get him sideways-drunk and hook him up with an insanely large young lady.

Knowing full well half the ****ers on this BB have digital cameras...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 53,341
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #318
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $8857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
I think it'd be much more fun to get him sideways-drunk and hook him up with an insanely large young lady.

Knowing full well half the ****ers on this BB have digital cameras...
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

Posts: 8,148
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #319
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Is this real life?
 
Bearcat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $12359
Of course it's going to be rare for two people who are connected to find each other and it's a good reason to not even bother searching, but it does exist. Of course, if it feels better to just not find that connection, then by all means go ahead and keep the blind attractions for others. Such attractions can make people happy, but it's not going to be true happiness.

Don't give me that "just because it's hard to imagine"... [sarcasm]I invented that[/sarcasm]. How do you know such a thing exists? I don't want to hear "how do you not?"... How do you know that that's how love works?

And do you know how condescending "if it feels better to just not find that connection, ..." sounds? [more sarcasm]Well, I'm glad at 17 years old YOU, of all people, have found what love is all about.[/sarcasm] Everyone on Chiefsplanet that has a SO should be lining up to punch you in the face right now for coming off like you're the wise one that knows they aren't truly happy.

You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.



It's a mindsets established by others that say "you should find the person who makes you truly happy" and "this is what that person should be like:..." that create the idea of "I should be attracted to this person, and that person, and that person...." As for shutting it off, you're not the one to shut it off...it's like those computers that shut down when a specific something is sensed.

No, it's not. If the mindset of who we should be happy with was created by society, everyone would be heterosexual.
__________________
Posts: 27,875
Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:28 PM   #320
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Is this real life?
 
Bearcat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $12359
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

__________________
Posts: 27,875
Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #321
Rausch Rausch is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $24811
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 53,341
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #322
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $8857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."


Posts: 8,148
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #323
The Pedestrian The Pedestrian is offline
Cross with me
 
The Pedestrian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
You might as well be arguing that there is an Easter bunny, because no, I don't have proof that there's no Easter bunny, but that doesn't make your claim that there is one anything less than complete BS.

I go to Capital Grille. I'm not going to wake up the next morning and have no desire to ever eat a steak at the Outback or anywhere else. (don't argue that I'm not truly in love with the steak, because that's not the point... and I am! ). It's the same thing. Preferences change, but a switch isn't thrown one day and you say "I only have eyes for you". Anyone that has ever said that is full of it. You can't be attracted to one person, yet find those same set of qualities unattractive in someone else.
You completely missed the point. We are talking possibility, not probability. I've already told you that it is rare, bro. When something is rare, you're probably not going to just run into it although it is still possible. For instance, someone has a 1/100,000,000 chance of winning the lottery...they're probably not going to win, but it is still possible. And by the way, I'm just accepting your analogy for the sake of agrument...truly, it doesn't work because you cannot love an object.

Quote:
No, it's a high school feeling to even think it. Through thick or thin, sickness and health... sure. Eternity of pain for a split second of company? That's either high school or a really bad monster ballad.
It's just a more extreme way of saying that you'll stick with the person no matter what...same basic idea as the vows, just a little more condensed and extreme.

Sure it does..... Before people take love advice from anyone, they like to know where that advice is coming from.

This discussion had absolutely no advice in it other than the concept of "don't base your own decisions off of my definition"...it was separate from what I had been telling III.

Quote:
This is weak and you know it. Pointing out a mathematical fact is FAR different from stating a fact on love. When someone says something is a fact about a subject as ...what's the word... a subject like love, you're implying you either know an awful lot about love or have had quite a bit of experience in love.
The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.

Quote:
Sure -- Psicosis. For a long time I thought he was as old or older than me, because (sometimes) he can act like it. Knowing that he's your age hasn't changed anything, because he can still (sometimes) act older than he is. It's not age. It's you
But his age had to be assumed by you so that you could accept it, and then you found out that he was about my age. Besides, we all have times when we act older/younger than we really are...our brother was even in shock one time because of something I said and he basically said, "Slayer, that was a lucid, intelligent observation, and you both acted and sounded like you were 30 when you said it." So please, I'm still waiting for an example that disproves my statement.
Posts: 11,725
The Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #324
Pezman Pezman is offline
Professional Lurker
 
Pezman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SoCal
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...
Quote:
Originally Posted by royr17
I dont think this thread was good idea.

This thread rules...
Posts: 329
Pezman is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Pezman is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #325
RedNFeisty RedNFeisty is offline
Smokin
 
RedNFeisty's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl
Red what are ya up for to save this boys future?
Don't look at me!
__________________
F.O.C.U.S

sportsshrink: Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!!! "We the Fans" feed you Morons!!
Posts: 8,394
RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #326
RedNFeisty RedNFeisty is offline
Smokin
 
RedNFeisty's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl
Ok everyone interested just sign up below.

Looks like you guys need a lot of help, thank God I can count on Red to help me out.
Hey, hey, hey now! Speak for yourself sweetheart!!
__________________
F.O.C.U.S

sportsshrink: Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!!! "We the Fans" feed you Morons!!
Posts: 8,394
RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #327
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Is this real life?
 
Bearcat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $12359
Quote:
The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.
It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.


From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.


You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.
__________________
Posts: 27,875
Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 02-21-2005, 04:10 PM   #328
The Pedestrian The Pedestrian is offline
Cross with me
 
The Pedestrian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
Don't give me that "just because it's hard to imagine"... [sarcasm]I invented that[/sarcasm]. How do you know such a thing exists? I don't want to hear "how do you not?"... How do you know that that's how love works?
Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

Quote:
And do you know how condescending "if it feels better to just not find that connection, ..." sounds? [more sarcasm]Well, I'm glad at 17 years old YOU, of all people, have found what love is all about.[/sarcasm] Everyone on Chiefsplanet that has a SO should be lining up to punch you in the face right now for coming off like you're the wise one that knows they aren't truly happy.

You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.
It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

Quote:
No, it's not. If the mindset of who we should be happy with was created by society, everyone would be heterosexual.
Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.
Posts: 11,725
The Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
 
Old 02-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #329
The Pedestrian The Pedestrian is offline
Cross with me
 
The Pedestrian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat
It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.


From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.


You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.
Ugh...once again (I think I've said this before, anyway), it's not a common experience...not to mention being formed by many experiences. E pluribus Unum--From many, One.
Posts: 11,725
The Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutThe Pedestrian is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
 
Old 02-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #330
Bearcat Bearcat is offline
Is this real life?
 
Bearcat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $12359
Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

It was much more about not needing to believe it. It might be cool to wonder "what if it happens like this", but something so that's so complicated, yet has no basis whatsoever, doesn't need to be proven to or not to exist.

It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

It's not about "I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection..." ... it's about taking someone else's relationship and telling them that they aren't truly happy because YOU know what it's like to be truly happy (and being 17 has something to do with that, like it or not). And by saying "by all means, blindly be attracted by someone else", you're basically telling the vast majority of people that they aren't truly happy.

Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.

You're seriously complicating something that isn't that hard to understand.
__________________
Posts: 27,875
Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Bearcat has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.