Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM  
Tuckdaddy Tuckdaddy is offline
from the southside
 
Tuckdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: cabot Arkansas
Casino cash: $56457
My predicted division winners are as follows:

These are quick thoughts and not very in depth, can;t type all night with details. Gut feelings.


Patriots: They have lost some this season but Buffalo and Miami at the very least have QB issues. Buff is starting a newbie at QB and Miami doesn't even know who theirs will be, plus a new coach almostly always has a rough first year. Only the Jets stand in their way and with new OC and an ultralow scoring offense I doubt they beat them out. Hopefully I will be shocked.

Steelers: I see Ben losing a few games but Cinci and Cleveland will not take them down this year. The Pitt's defense is too strong for them. Balt will have the best defense in the land but to me Boller is a bum and will screw them up.

Jaguars: This may sound nuts but they look pretty solid. Decent offense and tough defense. Houston is getting there but not enough defense yet. Titans are a mess and McNair is always hurt. I really see the Colts taking a step backwards. They will have the worst defense in football. They will be what we were last year.

Chiefs: Of course I am a Homer. We have the offense, which will probably be even better. We have made very strong FA signings to make our defense strong. I don't think Brees is the real deal and with Marty there is usually a lapse after good seasons. Oakland will be all pass and nothing more. Collins will be on his back alot because their line is suspect not to mention their defense will be non existant. Denver has done nothing to really help themselves but get Gold back. I don't like the Browns players they got nor did their secondary get better. Their best pass rusher left as well. Plummer will have them home before December.

Cowboys: Hard to say why I think think they will prevail. Philly has to come down at some point. Why not this year, they have benefited from a weak division and conference for long enough. Dallas has beefed up this off season. The Giants have no one to be afraid of at all and Washington just plain has nothing but problems on their O-line.

Vikings: Greenbay will suck on defense and Brett makes stupid decisions these days. Green was a non factor last year and will be again this year The Bears are a wreck. The Lions could push the Vikes but only if Joey has the magical 4th year. Steve has surrounded him with talent.

Falcons: I really don't think they are all that great but Tampa, Caro, and NO are hurting. Tampa has no weapons, Carolina is back to reality with Jake D and N.O has no leadership on the field or sidelines. They simply won't play well in most of the games.

Seahawks: Weakest of all divisions. Arizona is in total rebuild mode along with San Fran. The Rams have a crazy man at the helm, they play too up and down. Great one week and bad the next. They also play alot of outdoor games.


That's it, bash away. I was really bored tonight.
Posts: 5,974
Tuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
CHIEF4EVER CHIEF4EVER is offline
Just a man in the 'ghan
 
CHIEF4EVER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Casino cash: $8983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy
These are quick thoughts and not very in depth, can;t type all night with details. Gut feelings.


Patriots: They have lost some this season but Buffalo and Miami at the very least have QB issues. Buff is starting a newbie at QB and Miami doesn't even know who theirs will be, plus a new coach almostly always has a rough first year. Only the Jets stand in their way and with new OC and an ultralow scoring offense I doubt they beat them out. Hopefully I will be shocked.
Agree with Pats pick. Until they are unhorsed, they are the champs.

Quote:
Steelers: I see Ben losing a few games but Cinci and Cleveland will not take them down this year. The Pitt's defense is too strong for them. Balt will have the best defense in the land but to me Boller is a bum and will screw them up.
Marvin Lewis is doing a heckuva job in Cinci. Which Big Ben will show up this year? The one who won 15 games or the one who pooped in his diapers in the playoffs? I give the nod to Cinci.

Quote:
Jaguars: This may sound nuts but they look pretty solid. Decent offense and tough defense. Houston is getting there but not enough defense yet. Titans are a mess and McNair is always hurt. I really see the Colts taking a step backwards. They will have the worst defense in football. They will be what we were last year.
Colts. No discussion necessary.

Quote:
Chiefs: Of course I am a Homer. We have the offense, which will probably be even better. We have made very strong FA signings to make our defense strong. I don't think Brees is the real deal and with Marty there is usually a lapse after good seasons. Oakland will be all pass and nothing more. Collins will be on his back alot because their line is suspect not to mention their defense will be non existant. Denver has done nothing to really help themselves but get Gold back. I don't like the Browns players they got nor did their secondary get better. Their best pass rusher left as well. Plummer will have them home before December.
Chiefs. The Bolts and our schedule will make it tough though.

Quote:
Cowboys: Hard to say why I think think they will prevail. Philly has to come down at some point. Why not this year, they have benefited from a weak division and conference for long enough. Dallas has beefed up this off season. The Giants have no one to be afraid of at all and Washington just plain has nothing but problems on their O-line.
Ummmm, no. Parcells has made some great moves this offseason but no way will he unseat Philly this year. Maybe next year.

Quote:
Vikings: Greenbay will suck on defense and Brett makes stupid decisions these days. Green was a non factor last year and will be again this year The Bears are a wreck. The Lions could push the Vikes but only if Joey has the magical 4th year. Steve has surrounded him with talent.
Agree (reluctantly) with the Vikes pick. The Lions will pose a big challenge methinks. Harrington IMO is the QB on the hottest hotseat of all the QB's in the NFL. Mariucci has surrounded this kid with weapons. If he don't shine in the first 4 games this year, look for him to be benched.

Quote:
Falcons: I really don't think they are all that great but Tampa, Caro, and NO are hurting. Tampa has no weapons, Carolina is back to reality with Jake D and N.O has no leadership on the field or sidelines. They simply won't play well in most of the games.
I think this division will be a 3 way race this year. Atlanta, Nawlins and Carolina all have a decent shot. I go with Atlanta.

Quote:
Seahawks: Weakest of all divisions. Arizona is in total rebuild mode along with San Fran. The Rams have a crazy man at the helm, they play too up and down. Great one week and bad the next. They also play alot of outdoor games.
Arizona will take this division IMO.
__________________
"Igitur qui deciderat pacem, praeparatur bellum" -Flavius Vegetius Renatus
Posts: 13,672
CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CHIEF4EVER is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:36 AM   #3
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Barrel Man - RIP
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $81864
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?
__________________

Posts: 19,649
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:43 AM   #4
Swanman Swanman is offline
It's a league game, Dude
 
Swanman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Itasca, IL
Casino cash: $49076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?
If a few things happen, the offense could get better this year:

- Stability at the right tackle position, as last year was a nightmare with the Welbourn experiment

- Holmes sharing the load with LJ so his body doesn't break down 9 games into the season

- Samie Parker stepping up to be a good #2 receiver in the league

- A healthy Kris Wilson becoming the multi-faceted weapon he was thought to be when the Chiefs drafted him
Posts: 3,319
Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.Swanman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:05 AM   #5
NaptownChief NaptownChief is offline
Football Pimp
 
NaptownChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Casino cash: $4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?

I can't answer the Chiefs offensive improvement for him as I don't know what he is banking on except maybe the lose of Morton which would improve any team and the return of Boerighter and Kris Wilson. But I wouldn't bank on an improvement due to the age of Green, Shields, Roaf and Holmes.

As for the Colts, I don't see them going backwards but my guess would be the loss of Pollard(which I think will actually help cause they will be able to use Dallas Clark more), and the Mike Doss suspension must be what he is hoping for there. Or it could just be the belief that no team can stay that hot with the passing game for much longer without some slow down but again that would be nothing more than hope rather than fact.
__________________
"We weren't worth a damn," the Kansas City Chiefs head coach said, shaking his head. "I'm not worth a damn. No one's worth a damn..."



Former President of the Eric Downing Fan Club and Current President of the Kris"Secret Weapon"Wilson Fan Club
Posts: 4,346
NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.NaptownChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
bkkcoh bkkcoh is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lewis Center, Ohio USA
Casino cash: $8610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?
I would say that our offense will be as good or better becasue of Kris Wilson and the rising star LJ. LJ will allow Priest to not have to touch the ball 30 times a game for the Chiefs to win.

Bo will help also if he is able to come back.
__________________
Brian K.
Aspire to Inspire before you Expire
Posts: 5,232
bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bkkcoh is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Barrel Man - RIP
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $81864
Dangit... I was hoping someone would jump on the "it's all about FredEx" bandwagon.
__________________

Posts: 19,649
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
bobbything bobbything is offline
Distributor of Pain
 
bobbything's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $21368
Who knows if the offense will be better. It's hard to improve on being "the best." So, I'll take a top 3 finish.

As for the Colts, I really see their defense being a problem. After watching what the Chiefs went through last season, and thinking that the offense can carry the load, I really think Indy will struggle more than people think they will. I'm predicting 10-6, maybe 9-7. I believe it's virtually impossible for Manning to duplicate his last season, and that's what it'll take for them to stay in many of their games. Their defense just isn't good.

But, ya never know.
Posts: 2,213
bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.bobbything must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #9
Cochise Cochise is offline
MVP
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $79957757
Jaguars
Posts: 41,616
Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #10
StcChief StcChief is offline
Playing for #1 Draft Pick
 
StcChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Just West of Lambs land
Casino cash: $1024715
Chiefs. new and improved O with
LJ, Wilson, Bo, Sammy Parker, Fredex
Don't forget Gonzo, Priest, Green.

Improved Line.

Defense filled a bunch of holes. LBs, DBs, Safety

Missing Dline issues will Sims finally step up.
Dalton have another good year,
Junior Savaii getting it yet?

DE - Carlos Hall, Jared Allen, Hicks?

MLB ? - Mitchell Scanlon, Fox, rookie Boomer

Should be a tight one with Bolts.

I don't see Denver with the Browns Dline.

Raiders ? - big questions everywhere.
Posts: 25,902
StcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #11
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
Barrel Man - RIP
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $81864
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm_dbf

I don't see Denver with the Browns Dline.
I think you're the lone KC fan that recognizes that while Denver acquired a bunch of former Browns' players, that they actually won't have a "Browns Dline". Good for you...
__________________

Posts: 19,649
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.